[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Nathan just turn her off?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1477919623779.png (292KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1477919623779.png
292KB, 512x512px
Why didn't Nathan just turn her off?
>>
he's a cucked permavirgin
>>
>>81667060
...What the fuck's that even supposed to mean?

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is: Nathan was smart enough to build an AI that could obiously pass the Turing Test.
Am I to believe that he didn't also build a remote with a god damned off-button? It kind of ruined the film for me, to be honest.
>>
>>81666708
power of boner + power of plot
>>
the whole thing fell kind of flat for me desu
even though oscar isaac did a great job in this movie, it was too obvious that he wasn't to be trusted
also the japanese girl was very obviously a robot as well, and i can't believe caleb didn't notice that from the get go
>>
Because she turned him on
>>
>>81667849
This so much. I knew she was a robot by the second scene
>>
>>81666708
I'd turn her off, if you know what I mean ;) ;_;
>>
>>81667849
>>81669127
Well if they made a japanese lady look like a robot trying to look like a japanese lady, I think they did a good job.
It would be must easier to not have done that, and made her 100% human.
Basically what I'm saying is that I think that was what they were trying to accomplish.

>>81667167
>creating an easy and falible means to destroy your magnum opus creation, which you also probably have feels for considering it's sentient.
>>
overconfidence or he wanted her to succeed. maybe that was the true test or some shit.
>>
>>81669316
>they made a japanese lady look like a robot trying to look like a japanese lady

Exactly. I think it was effective. As the viewer, you instantly know there is something off about her. It's easy to see, as a non participating viewer. If you were Caleb in that situation, you might miss the cues because you're caught up in the once in a lifetime moment of working firsthand on what might be the first true AI. Plus, his dick was distracted by the Eva sexbot.
>>
>>81666708
Ok something that confused me about the ending

Doesn't she still need the specialized power that the facility gives her? She can't just up and leave
>>
>>81669737
Humans need food, water, etc.
If you escaped from a compound I'm sure you could ressource manage just fine elsewhere. She smart.
>>
>>81669838
I mean there's no question she's smart, but how long can she go without power? It seems to be a ways to get to any other power sources
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.