[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nostalgia Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

Well life hasn't turned out quite the way you wanted it to, people either dislike or ignore you, and every day seems eerily like the day before. It's a mundane, desultory existence and you often find yourself wondering what the point of it all is.

Remember being happy? Saturday morning cartoons with Mom who loves you so much and you both have no idea of the disappointment you would become and the cancer that would eat her guts until she mercifully died, ending her agony for good?

This is a thread for the happy times. The good /tv/ memories you had with your family; Ed Grimley, Von Erich's vs. Freebirds, Dave Letterman when he was on at midnight, Married with Children, Morton Downey, etc.

What are some television memories you look back upon fondly? Greentexts and blogposting welcomed.

Pic-related

https://youtu.be/Q9hwZotllHc
>>
>>81653689
In retrospect, perhaps that was a bit grim. Someone has to have some pleasant childhood memories involving television, right?

I was born in '74 so I realize my references are a bit dated, but didn't some of you kids used to look forward to a certain show at a certain time and huddle around the /tv/ as a family unit? Maybe ordered a pizza or some shit to watch the new Oz? Dad fired up some hotdogs n the grill and threw the football around with you before you watched the Sooners beat the shit out of Texas? Anything?
>>
Cool thread. I'm probably too young for this kind of nostalgia though.
>>
>>81653689
jesus christ, no wonders Karl Pilkington is autisitc about chimps. This was the kind of thing he grew up with when watching telly.
>>
Sitting round the TV watching pirated videos my dad got from a dodgy rental store.

Dangermouse, Count Duckula, British Wrestling, and powerboat racing was my Sunday teatime.

Good memories, thanks OP.
>>
>>81653689

I've used to watch this as a kid but lets be serious: How did they get the monkeys to talk? Seriously they open their mouth and also close it as if they were talking. How did they do this? Also I believe this took a lot of filming and shooting because damn filming with animals is hard. I bet they didn't treat the poor apes too well.
>>
>>81653689
So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke
Your love life's D.O.A
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month
Or even your year, but
I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)
You're still in bed at ten
And work began at eight
You've burned your breakfast, so far
Things are going great
Your mother warned you there'd be days like these
But she didn't tell you when the world has brought
You down to your knees and
I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
>>
>>81653689
realistically, the mean age of this board's users may not even be in the double digits
>>
File: cernshiva.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cernshiva.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>81655242
I miss rental stores. You used to have to pick out a movie based on the cover and it was like some Forrest Gump never know what you're going to get shit. We used to spend a good hour or two in Hollywood video to pick out five movies for five bucks and pick up some popcorn on the way out. Nobody was looking at their fucking phone, nobody was going out to smoke every ten minutes, and nobody talked all through the shit even if it wasn't that great.

I miss those days and I almost feel sorry for kids today that didn't get to experience that kind of family bonding and love.

The internet was a mistake. Thanks CERN.
>>
>>81655348
That sounds like 80's hair metal. Source? Sounds like Faster Pussycat or some shit.

>>81655256
Yeah, they probably hurt the monkeys. I feel bad now, but as a kid it was amazing. I can't even remember what channel that was on. TBS after dark or something?

Also pretty cool when Tom Hanks was telling the dog about Lance Link in Turner and Hooch. Hooch seemed to enjoy it, but he probably got treated like shit behind the scenes as well. Sometimes I miss naivety.
>>
>>81654805
No you aren't. Young or not, don't you have any fond memories of watching something on /tv/ or going to a theater with your folks? I don't care if it's BvS, I just want stories of families bonding through film.. I need it and I don't want this thread to die (for my own selfish reasons).

Just tell me a story anon. Your best memories. Happy ones.
>>
>>81656817
Well, guess when I watched the Matrix movies with my dad. It was my first R rated movie. Not really nostalgic though because my dad was abusive. I'm 18 and haven't seen him in 11 years.
>>
>>81656282

OMG you fucking idiot!! That is from F.R.I.E.N.D.S the hip 90s television sitcom! Have you been living under a rock? GET OFF MY BOARD AND KILL YOURSELF! !
>>
>>81656282
I'm pretty sure they can just give a monkey or dog peanut butter so it smacks its lips trying to get it off, then dub speech over that - no hurting required. (Of course, they probably didn't love being put in trench coats...)
>>
David Letterman when he was still drinking was the shit. He used to be so fucking funny.
>>
>>81656917
My old man was a dick too, but him taking me to see Predator when I was 12 was one of the best days of my life.

I wouldn't portend to understand your situation, but when I was your age I thought the worst about my father. Now that I'm older, I can understand where he was coming from a lot better. You get stuck with the wrong woman and have a kid with her, it's easy to resent the kid because if not for him, you could have left a long time ago.

Again, sorry if I assume too much but look back on your dad 15-20 years down the road and see if you can empathize with him a little more.
>>
>>81657518
My dad was a pedophile and molested my sister so I doubt I'll ever change my opinion on him. I understand what you're saying though.
>>
>>81657237
Fuck yeah. Loved Chris Elliot too. Remember The Guy Under the Stairs or whatever the fuck it was?

Cabin Boy was also severely underrated. Up there with The Jerk and Three Amigos as one of the funniest movies ever. I cried when they cancelled Get a Life.
>>
>>81657650
Damn. I didn't know it went there. That's why you shouldn't presume I guess. My apologies.

>>81657655
>>81657237
https://youtu.be/hPGSLiLm43E
>>
>>81657045
What about "A Dog's Purpose"? I was going to take my kid to see it at the dollar movies, but his mom bitches about it because apparently a bunch of dogs died making it? Is that some urban legend shit or what?
>>
Would anyone other than the two dads bumping this shit thread care to contribute?
>>
>>81657814
Don't sweat it. It is what it is.
>>
File: crazy old man that's into kino.jpg (32KB, 557x313px) Image search: [Google]
crazy old man that's into kino.jpg
32KB, 557x313px
>>81654305
>I was born in '74 so I realize my references are a bit dated,
I got 10 years on you, Kid.
mine would be even more dated.

TFW I watched Lancelot Link first run 1970 ABC Saturday Mornings.
>>
File: The Bugaloos in The 1970's (8).jpg (193KB, 640x603px) Image search: [Google]
The Bugaloos in The 1970's (8).jpg
193KB, 640x603px
Got my first woody at 5 to this woman.
>>
File: PenelopePitstop-Boardwalk.jpg (122KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
PenelopePitstop-Boardwalk.jpg
122KB, 720x480px
My second one not long after to her.
>>
>unique poster counter fails to increase for 20 posts
>>
>>81659442
Honestly surprised. Thought this would be a nice break for people sick of threads about Star Wars and the rest of the usual suspects. Oh well. It was worth a shot.
>>
>>81660210
What does that mean?
>>
>>81660248
Not that anon, but there isn't anything wrong with Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Trailer just dropped, have you seen it? It's pretty amazing. Also check out the Thor: Ragnarok trailer, it debuted recently as well.

Check em out, they'll make you go DAMN. like Kendrick Lamar's latest album.
>>
>>81660347
And follow it up with a delicious Pepsi Max™!
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>81660347
Holy shit! How come nobody told me about these developments? At least Trump isn't a neocon now...
>>
>>81653689
A fond memory I have is being a kid younger than 5 and watching Cops as well as early episodes of The Simpsons with my parents. I was born in '91 for reference. We'd make popcorn and gather on the couch every week for a night of niggerbeating and hilarious cartoon antics. Life was never that simple ever again.
>>
File: IMG_0311.jpg (34KB, 367x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0311.jpg
34KB, 367x332px
TFW you will never experience the youtful feelings of excitement from
>Rushing from the car to turn on the TV so you could still catch the last few minutes of MacGuyver
>Agonizing over the prospect of missing your favorite cartoons on Saturday morning because you had to go on a family trip
>Building mazes from your collection of VHS tapes
>Recording shit from TV and autistically trying to perfect the art of removing the commercial breaks from the tape
>Being ecstatic when you realize a movie has a sequel by accidentally coming across it in a rebtal place
>Sneaking glances at adult movies that you weren't supposed to look at
>Staying up till midnight secretly watch TV, with barely any sound on so that your parents wouldn't notice
>>
>>81657650
Was your sister hot?
>>
>>81660668
America's Most Wanted too? Used to love that shit. 2 episodes of Cops followed by John Walsh talking shit.

It's a shame that the internet and the breakdown of the traditional American family has ultimately signalled the death knell for appointment television.

Getting a bit maudlin with this thread. Thank God it's dying.

I'm crashing, but I implore anyone to greentext fond television memories. Burying someone tomorrow and I'd be grateful for anything you can share.

Goodnight anons.
>>
File: 1487080341442.png (1MB, 2133x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487080341442.png
1MB, 2133x1200px
>>81660792
Truly a better time.
>>
File: Mystic Knights.jpg (64KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
Mystic Knights.jpg
64KB, 780x439px
Anyone remember this shit?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.