[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did they mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 44

File: 1.png (764KB, 734x806px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
764KB, 734x806px
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>81651121
Is this a fucking joke?
>>
>>81651121
Pathetic Nu Male
Claptrap
>>
>>81651121
actually they will become more and more important as time goes

as is always the case with unappreciated classics
>>
File: 1398442599058.1.png (76KB, 268x167px) Image search: [Google]
1398442599058.1.png
76KB, 268x167px
>why is the black sheep of star wars important

oy vey
>>
>>81651121
>didn't add anything

Oh not how Snaking turned evil, how Obi-Wan did his best to save the galaxy, how Mace Windu thought Sheev almost arrested him, how the Clone Wars happened, how Padme died and had Luke and Leia.
Clickbait.
>>
https://pastebin.com/V5dck1F2
here it is
OP is a faggot for not doing this
>>
And what did the sequels do?

Well.. they ruined the OT. Han went back to smuggling came back to be comic relief and throw out some le old references xD before getting killed by his autistic son in one of the worst death scenes of all time.

Luke gave up on the jedi and is edgy now. return of the jedi will never be enjoyable again because you know it's pointless and the characters achieve nothing.

the original characters are failures and it's up to perfect faultless Rey to save the day and teach luke some new tricks.

thanks disney slaay gurl
>>
>>81651121
Why do we care about anything?
>>
>>81651281
>return of the jedi will never be enjoyable again because you know it's pointless and the characters achieve nothing.
You were stupid if you ever took this literal fanfiction as canon to begin with. Even the fucking cartoons meant more, at least the guy that created Star Wars had to sign off on them even if he wasn't directly involved.
>>
i havent seen any star wasr movie except rogue one
the reason it was successful was because they took off that cringie light sword thing from the previous movies
i might not be watching this if the new movie has the buzzing sword crap
>>
They tripled the size of the Star Wars universe, and only in a good way. What did the sequels do?
>>
It's a fictional universe, NONE of it is "important."
>>
>>81651281
>return of the jedi will never be enjoyable again because you know it's pointless and the characters achieve nothing.

Not if you ignore the sequels as the non-canon fanfiction that they are.

In time, we will come to see them the way alien fans see Resurrection and Terminator fans see every Terminator movie after Judgement day.

The Disney Wars movies are just the Jaws sequels of the 2010s. Years from now, we'll look back on them and think "what the hell were they thinking?"
>>
>>81651357
>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>2005's Episode III: Revenge of the Sith- is not only a low point for the franchise, but for science fiction as a whole.

Is this a meme or a commonly held opinion? Isn't 3 considered the best prequel and the one that kinda redeemed the first two?
>>
>>81651281
>return of the jedi will never be enjoyable again because you know it's pointless and the characters achieve nothing

You now realize why "Revenge of the Jedi" was too great of a title and was switched to RotJ
>>
This thread is the reason why prequel fags should literally kill their selves
>>
>>81651414
Buttmad RLMlet.
>>
>>81651121
Why do these people always give it titles that follow the "It's Time to _____" formula
>>
>>81651414
t. disneycuck
>>
>>81651394
completely a meme, everybody universally agrees that ROTS was the best prequel.
>>
File: 1452521199982.jpg (93KB, 519x533px) Image search: [Google]
1452521199982.jpg
93KB, 519x533px
>>81651357
>i havent seen any star wasr movie except rogue one
>the reason it was successful was because they took off that cringie light sword thing from the previous movies
>i might not be watching this if the new movie has the buzzing sword crap
>>
>>81651414
t. disney marketing departament
>>
>tfw born just in time to see disney convince leftists that corporations are good
>tfw born just in time to see conservatives suck an authoritarian government's dick
#feelingblessed
>>
>>81651121
>but for science fiction cinema as a whole
Do these fucking retards actually think that Star Wars is science fiction
>>
>>81651448
ROTS is the worst star wars movie and anyone saying otherwise is either memeing or has absolute shit taste in movies
>>
File: angry mike.webm (126KB, 696x386px) Image search: [Google]
angry mike.webm
126KB, 696x386px
NEVER
>>
>>81651597
well that's the consensus, which is what he asked for, nobody cares about your shit opinions.
>>
>>81651281
basically this

disney also really wishes the prequel never existed
>>
>>81651656
consensus =/= "everybody universally agrees"

it's fucking mind boggling how many prequel apologists post here now. I guess because this board is mostly middle and high schoolers but i still find it a deeply disturbing trend
>>
File: 1451741701129.jpg (56KB, 599x734px) Image search: [Google]
1451741701129.jpg
56KB, 599x734px
>>81651121
They only watched the prequels, they didn't play any games or watch the cartoons. That's where they really shined.
The sequels are shit inside and out of the movies. Even the toys are awful.
>>
>>81651121
>"Oh, you see, Anakin actually wasn't the one who should fulfill the prophecy. It is quite obvious that this is just promoting the priviliges of white men. Now please come watch the canon sequels featuring a diverse cast fight against the injustice of a supremacist evil white men empi- I mean, First Order. I mean its literally the current year."
>>
Prequels > The Disney movies
You can't deny this. The prequels may have been shit but at least they were somehow enjoyable. The Disney movies are more or less nostalgia pandering and the new characters, especially Rey, suck.
>>
>x is important
movies are not important, they're just entertainment
>>
>>81651711
I have literally never seen anybody argue that Episodes II or I are better than Episode III ever.
>prequel apologists
he asked what most people think the best prequel movie is, do you have autism?
>>
>>81651597
Empire > R1 > RotS >RotJ > ANH > TPM > AotC > TFA
>>
>>81651711
>people saying a 10 year old sci-fi movie isn't as bad as it's made out to be is a "deeply worrying trend"

sounds like you need to find better things to worry about
>>
>>81651727
That's what bugged me the most about the sequels. At least the prequels expanded the universe in cool ways, created some breathing room for the videogames. I can't even imagine playing an episode 7 videogame, I think I'd rather die.
>>
>didn't add anything
Except the force being bacteria
Except Vader becoming Vader by falling for an obvious lie
Except Vader becoming Jesus
>>
>>81651121
They can't even write a story about actual fiction without including leftist type rhetoric in the headline.
>>
>>81651795
What are you talking about anon? Don't you want to explore such interesting, original, and exotic locations as Tuanulâ„¢, Jakkuâ„¢, and Maz Kanata's Castleâ„¢ on Takodanaâ„¢? And play with such cool new spaceships as the "Slightly Different X-Wing with Smoother Partsâ„¢" and the "Slightly Bigger Death Starâ„¢"?
>>
The Prequels have more heart and soul than nu-star wars
>>
>>81651772
>do you have autism
you're the one defending ROTS so you tell me

>>81651792
horrendous ranking
>RotJ > ANH
lmao
>>
>>81651929
All I said was that it's the best prequel movie, you're genuinely an idiot or a Mouse shill.
>>
>TFA = female main character
>Rogue One = female main character
>Battlefront 2 = female main character
>Last Jedi = female main character
>Forces of Destiny = female only focused show
>Episode IX = female main character
>Not one new white male character in a lead role since disney takeover

What went wrong?
>>
>>81651827
>Except the force being bacteria
How fucking stupid are RLMlets? Midichlorians weren't the force any more than the algae that grows around deep sea thermal vents are the earth's molten core.
>>
>>81651921
name one scene from the prequels that has "heart and soul"
>>
>>81651914
Why do all these new locations in Disney Star Wars look like fan fiction?

They just don't look like real Star Wars. In the prequels they immersed us in alien worlds. Disney just makes a bunch of generic forest planets that look like they were filmed by some kids in their back yard.
>>
>>81651967
Every scene of all of them. Saying something has heart and soul just mean it's authentic, which the prequels most definitely were. Inauthentic things don't make mistakes that big.
>>
>>81651929
The Luke with the Emperor scenes were 11/10, it would be higher but the rest of the film was kinda meh.
>>
>>81651967
order 66
obi wan "you were my brother"
>>
>>81651967
You must be retarded.
Im not even the guy you are arguing with, and its been a while since I watched them, but even then I can recall several scenes.

>Anaking saying goodbye to his mother
>Obi-Wan witnessing Qui-Gons death
>Anakin slaughtering the sand people
>The Jedi being saved by the surreal arrival of a whole army of clones
>Anakin becoming distrustful of the Jedi and of Padme
>Order 66
>The whole last arc of episode 3

There. I bet there are even more scenes you fucking retard
>>
>>81651746
I can't stand her voice.
>>
>>81652021
>UR SO BEAUTIFUL
>ITS BECUAZ IM SO IN LOVE
>NO ITS BECAUSE IM SO IN LOVE WITH U

wow so authentic and inspiring

>>81652057
yeah i agree completely except for the part where you said it was better than ANH for some reason.
>>
File: Unkar-Plutt.jpg (287KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Unkar-Plutt.jpg
287KB, 1920x1440px
>>81651972
You can definitely tell how big of a role Lucas had in creative control before he was ousted. He was obviously personally approving almost every single character name, placename, and new alien race, because all of the new shit doesn't feel Star Warsey at all.

Like pic related, this was Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy or something, not fucking Star Wars. Everything just feels completely wrong.
>>
>>81652021
What about all the heart and soul in TFA?

Remember that scene where Finn and Poe talk really fast and shout over each other to show how frantic they are?

Or when Kylo broods?

Or when Kylo is conflicted about killing Han
>>
>>81652097
Nobody even pointed out that scene on the grassfield, silly. Its cringey as fuck
>>
>>81652057
Honestly ROTJ should of been 2 films. Part one being Luke continuing his training while the others look for Han ending with the opening scene of ROTJ. Part 2 should of been the remainder of ROTJ
>>
>>81652097
>wow so authentic and inspiring
It was autist kino. George has autism, which is why he has characters say shit like "From my point of view the jedi are evil!" in the middle of a fight. That scene was still better than anything in TFA.
>>
>>81652105
It says alot when the scenes you mentioned are solely about Kylo. Nobody here is saying "Oh the sequels are shit because of Kylo Ren"
>>
File: 1489004103301.jpg (55KB, 583x421px) Image search: [Google]
1489004103301.jpg
55KB, 583x421px
>>81651752
>"The Disney movies are more or less nostalgia pandering"
and what were the prequels exactly ?
>>
>>81652195
Showing us the backstory which was only mentioned briefly in the OT.
>>
>>81651967
The intro of the Battle of Coruscant alone is already miles better than whatever the main sequels has produced.
>>
>>81652195
Not a shot for shot remake of the original trilogy, that's for fucking sure you stupid asshole.
>>
>>81652195
Misguided and imperfect, but original and authentic Star Wars movies.

Disney Wars is bland, generic conveyor belt Marvel tier trash.
>>
>>81652195
Trying to not be a rehash of iv and v.
>>
>>81651631
Legitimately terrifying.
>>
>>81652229
I still remember that scene fondly.
>>
>>81652195
TFA has more pandering and copypaste than all the prequels together.
>>
>>81652195
Trying something new. There were callbacks but the plot and characters of each film was different.
>>
>>81652221
>>81652250
no, you absolute morons, they were children movies which Lucas knew would make bank because of stupid nostalgic parents like yours probably
of course what lucas didnt expect was that the parents would be the ones rolling on the floor of the movie theater yelling "LIGHT SABEEEER"
>>
>>81652195
completely original, nostalgia pandering was limited to characters that made sense and were integral to the story and wouldn't really be possible to not include while making a prequel trilogy to the OT. Except Chewbacca and Boba Fett, that I will give you, those were dumb.
>>
>>81652322
Fucking kill yourself RLMlet.
>>
>>81652322
>children's movies who's main plot is driven by trade negotiations
>>
>>81652322
Who are you talking about.
>>
>>81652085
>>Anaking saying goodbye to his mother
ruined by jake lloyd's terrible acting
>>Obi-Wan witnessing Qui-Gons death
would have been okay if we actually had a reason to care about these characters but they are stoic as fuck throughout the movie and we know nothing about them other than that they are jedi
>>Anakin slaughtering the sand people
i'll give you this one since it makes anakin seem like a real human who has emotions
>>The Jedi being saved by the surreal arrival of a whole army of clones
the clones are dumb, the fact that yoda just shows up with them and is like a military general barking orders is dumb
>>Anakin becoming distrustful of the Jedi and of Padme
not a scene, more of a story arc, and it's poorly executed like most of this movie
>>Order 66
Oh no! not KI AID MUNDI! He had like 2 whole lines in the entire franchise god no RIP
>>The whole last arc of episode 3
there's absolutely no tension since you know all of these characters will survive assuming you've seen the OT. just the most boring contrived bullshit. "She's lost the will to live" fuck off

>>81652077
>obi wan "you were my brother"
yeah this part is actually p good and you feel for them both
>>
File: 1451365332485.webm (1MB, 1274x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451365332485.webm
1MB, 1274x1080px
>mfw the Sequels are so soulless and evil that even /tv/ has begun to reevaluate the Prequels
>>
Reminder, Attack of the Clones is objectively the best Star Wars movie
>>
>>81652396
>poetry.
>>
>>81652229
nah it's just an orgy of CGI you can't tell what the fuck is actually happening and the stakes are supposed to be high but then there's all these weird attempts at comic relief going on that absolutely destroy any feeling of tension
>>
>>81652396
https://youtube.com/watch?v=pWvoFE7W288
>>
File: 1444841264523.jpg (84KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1444841264523.jpg
84KB, 550x512px
>people actually defend the Darth Vader Origins trilogy
>>
File: 108Donald_Duck6.gif (25KB, 357x444px) Image search: [Google]
108Donald_Duck6.gif
25KB, 357x444px
>>81651121
But the prequels are better than Disney's new star wars content.

I don't get it
>>
>>81652448
it's a meme, you dip
>>
>didn't really add anything

>literally explained the entire backstory
>>
>>81652396
at least the prequels happened before this whole nerd geek trend thing. Lucas made mad cash selling stupid toys but hey, that's business right ?
Now the franchise is forever ruined by manchildren who just cannot let go of their goddamn star wars
>>
>>81652482

No, it's not.
>>
>>81652448
When you see something bad, but then something else comes out that is a million times worse, the first thing doesn't seem so bad anymore.
>>
>>81652445
kino

this is what nu-wars is missing. it doesn't have that magic anymore.
>>
Revenge of the Sith is unironically better than TFA and Rogue One combined
>>
>>81652486

TRADE NEGOTIATIONS
SAND
DARTH VADER
>>
>>81652486
it never needed explaining to begin with

>Luke's dad was a Jedi
>Obi Wan taught him
>he turned evil and became Darth Vader

but apparently we needed 3 movies to explain this shit
>>
>>81652195
>prequels
>nostalgic pandering

Aside from including Yoda and Vader, there wasn't really anything nostalgic being used from the OT.

TFA, however, is PURELY nostalgic pandering -- and it doesn't even attempt to hide it.
>>
TFA is simply a bad movie.
Not only a failed SW movie.

Finn as a character makes no sense whatsover.
Rey is a boring Mary Sue who succeeds at everything without any training be it piloting the Falcon (she said she never flew it before) or her using force abilities she shouldn't even know about (Rey lived her life in a desert isolated - Han needed to tell her that Jedi are a thing)

Starkiller Base makes no sense in any way
>stronger than the Death Star
>bigger
>yet nobody knew it was a thing
>The Death Star could only get made with the force of the imperial galaxy behind it and now some shitty remnants can make a bigger and stronger weapon with far less ressources and manpower
>weakpoint is open and pretty much undefended
>Poe as a character
>Rey and Finn being sad over Hans death even though both only spend half a day with him

TFA is just bad.
It could be a new franchise without the OT existing and it would still be shit
>>
>>81652422
>nah it's just an orgy of CGI you can't tell what the fuck is actually happening
Just like the dogfights of TFA, except the battle of Coruscant was giving you the idea that a full scaled war has been wrecking shit since the last movie.
>>
>>81652402
I'm not even memeing, it was single handedly the most enjoyable one and had me entertained from start to finish.

The Phantom Menace was boring. Revenge of the Sith had its moments but wasnt as fun and engaging as AOTC. A New Hope was meh and didnt age well at all and Luke is not really a likable character to carry through a whole trilogy. The Empire Strikes back was incredibly dull and boring for the first half up until Cloud City and Return of the Jedi, well, it was worse then a Phantom Menace aside from the Darth Vader and Luke fight. A force awakens was blatant plagarism and shouldnt be considered a film and a Rogue One was awful all around aside from some decent CGI and visuals.

The only SW film that was enjoyable from start to finish without it slowing down or feeling like a boring trudge was AOTC, and for that is the reason why its the best one. Yeah, Anakin said some cringey shit, but you have to give it to Hayden for perfectly portraying an autistic boy genius turned space monk with PTSD while trying to romanticize a royal queen.
>>
>>81652557
we were shown entire galaxy and its history you moronic RLM drone, stuff like old republic was intersting, OT never really explored the setting
>>
>>81652402
I liked some parts of AoTC but let's not exaggerate here.
>>
>>81652370
>terrible acting
Yeah nah, maybe its because family themes get to me, but I still get goosebumps watching that scene.
>would have been okay if we actually had a reason to care about these characters but they are stoic as fuck throughout the movie and we know nothing about them other than that they are jedi
Can't agree. The whole scene is epic as fuck, Kenobi coming to late to save his master and being forced to wait behind the laserwall while the seconds go on and on is pretty great.
>not a scene, more of a story arc, and it's poorly executed like most of this movie
I couldnt remember any scene specifically, but you got what I mean. It still serves as a leadup to the conclusion and does that well.
>Oh no! not KI AID MUNDI! He had like 2 whole lines in the entire franchise god no RIP
Sure we dont really care about the sidekicks, but it still gets you in the end, Anakin being forced to kill the young ones with that look in his eye, the surprise on the side of the jedi and the mechanical, emotionless execution of the order are all top tier.
>there's absolutely no tension since you know all of these characters will survive assuming you've seen the OT. just the most boring contrived bullshit. "She's lost the will to live" fuck off
Everybody knew the outcome. If that's whats getting you so buttmad you shouldnt have watched in the first place. For most of us it was a great scene because we got to see this last fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan.
>>
The star wars cycle is real.
In a few years /tv/ will like the sequels and hate the originals
>>
>>81652616
>be the antithesis of a RLM drone, following the exact opposite morals/logic that a RLM drone would have
>fails to see how he himself is a RLM drone
>>
>>81652652
Its not an exaggeration, AOTC is objectively the most enjoyable SW movie
>>
File: 1491872267300.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491872267300.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
What is it about these Disney Star Wars movies? I'm not sure how to explain it but something about them just feels like a Marvel superhero movie. It's like you're watching Avengers or something but with a cheap Star Wars skin slapped on it. Does anybody else know what I'm talking about?

The prequels were bad but at least they felt like authentic Star Wars movies.
>>
>>81652676
I don't base my opinions around what RLM likes or doesn't like, I can just sniff out their retarded worshippers who do.
>>
>>81651121
You can't just ignore them because they're shit. That's not how it works. Yes, Star Wars would be better off without the prequels, but then again the same could be said about these shitty sequels.
>>
>>81652365
>Trade negotiations

What was being traded, where, why, and how? The fact that Lucas doesn't answer any of these questions when the trade dispute is one of the central fucking conflicts of the movie shows that he's "trying" to make a more adult movie but ultimately has no idea how to write something like that.

"Why are the trade federation doing a blockade?"
>Because naboo opposes taxation of trade routes
"Why?"
>Because naboo is good and the trade federation are baddies
"What's so important about these trade routes that they're being taxed or having people oppose their taxation in the first place?
>Lol idk

Star trek can be shit sometimes but they at least try to flesh out why political things in space are happening. George wanted that but was too busy trying to show another hero's journey with a child actor that can't act to actually establish what the fuck is happening. Political intrigue is a lot more complex and harder to establish than heroic rebels fighting a tyrannical empire
>>
File: flirting.jpg (60KB, 460x585px) Image search: [Google]
flirting.jpg
60KB, 460x585px
>>81652687
To be honest the parts of the movie that are just Anakin and Padme alone makes me want to vomit and suffocate in my own fluids.
Same with the "you're beautiful" scene in RotS
>>
It's Star Wars mates. Arguing about what series is or isn't shit is just not a viable discussion. There is almost know way to come to terms with the massive scale of technology change and political and social influence that goes into making a Star Wars movie. The originals were a product of their time. The Prequels were a product of theirs. The Sequels will be flawed un unique and disturbing ways as well. That doesn't mean they have nothing to offer.

The title of OPs article is click bait. I also remember an article in 2005 about how to date RotS is the most important art work of all time from a cultural impact and economic value standpoint. That was also click bait but there is a kernel of truth. Look at how widespread and deeply Star Wars is part of world culture now. There are few artworks or commercial products that penetrate societies and engrave themselves emotionally into peoples life. Star Wars, with its worts and all is bigger than Jesus H. Fucking Christ and likely will be for a long time. I hope they never stop making Star Wars. I hope in 100 years some cocky kid comes and remakes it all from the beginning and its even better. The point of a meaningful story isn't that its perfect, its that it speaks to people and fills them with wonder. No generation, and no one studio can ever fully own star wars because its part of us. The adventures keep going in our heads. In our children's minds. In a thousand years I hope they are retelling and reinterpreting and remaking the whole damn thing. Ok maybe it wont last that long. But I hope it does.

Star Wars is not perfect art. It barely even rises to half decent cinema sometimes. But the magic that is there, when a kid goes outside for the first time and holds up his pretend light saber and doesn't fear the world any more, doesn't fear the future, doesn't fear his abusive alcoholic father, doesn't fear evil anymore, and doesn't fear himself, you can't take that away. The Force Lives.
>>
Phantom Menace was the first star wars movie I saw, it was in the mid 2000's and I was about 8 or 9. (Reminder that if you make fun of 23 year olds, or anyone, for being kiddies, you're a pathetic, middle aged loser.)

I loved it and just rewatched it for the first time in forever. It holds up great, it was as fun as I remember it being. The opening sequence is badass, and the giant ship and hacking up droids is pure fun. The political shit is easy to follow now. As a kid I didn't totally grasp it, but that didn't matter and it made everything seem grounded and inportant since I knew it was over my head. Jake Lloyd's acting is perfect for the role. The podracing sequence is absolute kino and is exciting as hell. Jar jar binks is a funny, bumbling retard with a funny voice, of course I loved him as a kid, literally nothing wrong with him. I remember being so excited when lowly, silly, Jar Jar gets the gungans to join the Naboo surface dwellers in battle after they travel all the way to the senate and get no help. The giant battle on the field was great, the Gungan battle horn had me hyped as hell and the design of the animals they ride and those energy balls they fight with were brilliant and creative as hell. The ending is perfect, Duel of the Fates is a literal madterpiece and the editing is so good as that song plays while we shift between 3 or 4 different chase/battle sequences with the main characters. The Obi-wan/Qui-gon/Darth Maul lightsaber battle is so damn good. Dat break in the action when they're all seperated by that rotating laser thing and Darth Maul is pacing and Qui-Gonn takes a knee and meditates. Dat heart and pure rage when Obi Wan fights Darth Maul after he kills Qui Gon, I lost my shit when he finally sliced him in half and sent him tumbling down the shaft. Dat ominousness behind the cheery closing scene on Naboo where it seems everything is okay, but Palpatine just got control of the senate and DV is beginning Jedi training.
>>
>>81652694
Like the Marvel movies they're made by commitee and also like the Marvel movies, nobody who gives a fuck about the source material is involved at any point in their production.

They're calculated ploys to extract money from nostalgic manchildren. At least the prequels targeted actual fucking kids.
>>
>>81652585
>" there wasn't really anything nostalgic being used from the OT."
>r2d2
>c3po (which apparently was built by anakin, yeah ok)
>shitton of jedis who dress like obiwan does in ANH, although he clearly dressed like that because he was hiding and lived in a desert
>chewbacca
>shiv using his stupid lazer fingers
there is probably much more but it doesnt matter
what they did with yoda was sufficient to completely ruin the OT
>>
Is Attack of the Clones forgettable to normies? I mean really, the way they hype up Revenge of the Sith is insane but Clones is so much worse not only to science fiction but to cinema as a whole. It just feels insulting.

Phantom Menace>>Revenge of the Sith>>Attack of the Clones
>>
>>81652694
I thought rogue one felt star warsie enough. And by that I mean the aesthetics and that lived in feeling to the world the OT had.
And I blame a lot of TFA's failings on the director because it felt like just another slick-but-shallow JJ movie.
>>
>>81652824
>>shitton of jedis who dress like obiwan does in ANH, although he clearly dressed like that because he was hiding and lived in a desert
>>
>>81652727
>I don't base my opinions around what RLM likes or doesn't like

that's why everything you've posted in the quote tree is literally word-for-word the opposite of RLM/Plinkett's viewpoints.

Do you have any idea how hilarious this is? I mean your views - that you claim are original - are governed by RLM
>>
>baby boomers prefer the OT
>millenials prefer the prequels
>gen Z prefer the sequels

mmmh seems to be a pattern here. As if they were commercial children movies or something
>>
>>81652694
TFA is objectively a better movie than any of the prequels and pretty much the whole world with the exception of a handful of contrarians on /tv/ agrees on that.
>>
>>81652853
Millennials hate on the prequels to fit in because they are sheep

The people who like the prequels are normies who don't get worked up over green screen
>>
>>81652831
ROTS > PM > anal bleeding > AOTC
>>
>>81652824
Retard.
It is a prequel, of course they are going to draw from already used content.
>>
>>81652778

I digress. Hayden nailed the nuances of an aspie Chad trying to woo a Queen
>>
>>81651121
>They didn't add anything
What? Whilst it's true we didn't really need to know how Anakin fell or details about the clone war or whatever, it gave us quite a lot of shit.

The new trilogy is literally pointless though
>NEW EVIL GUY OUTTA NOWHERE (unless it's Plagueis)
>NEW EMPEROR WITH EVEN BIGGER DEATH STAR EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE THE REBELS NOW (???)
>>
>>81652842
So was uncle owen a jedi? Or just big into cosplay? Also, anakin was from tatooine.
>>
>>81652853
>>gen Z prefer the sequels
That's not correct.
My younger brother who is Gen Z likes Episode 6 the most. After that 3 and 4.
>>
File: 1483991047120.jpg (21KB, 549x309px) Image search: [Google]
1483991047120.jpg
21KB, 549x309px
>TFW the 30 second Order 66 scene had better planets and aliens than all of TFA
>>
>>81652842
you don't even know what Lucas had in mind for anakin before he started writing the prequels. The fact that the actor was originally an old dude proves that.
>>
then stop pretending the new star wars are important too
>>
>>81652778
When you consider that Anakin has spent the last 10 years growing up in a monastery that forbids any romantic attachments. His acting makes sense.
>>
>>81652850
>that's why everything you've posted in the quote tree is literally word-for-word the opposite of RLM/Plinkett's viewpoints.
Imagine being so deranged that holding a different opinion than RLM about one movie franchise is considered some great heresy you've made a conscious decision to do. RLMlets are fucking mentally ill.
>>
>>81652853
>Baby boomers
>Not gen X
Don't drink the memes.
>>
>>81652853
Everyone except /tv/ hates the prequels equally and /tv/ only started liking them after Disney bought SW.
>>
>>81652853
Everyone prefers the OT you 'gen Z' piece of shit.
>>
>>81652910
>"of course"
why ?
It's the story of how anakin became darth vader, so we see anakin, that makes sense. Obiwan too since he was a good friend.
But the rest ? Absolutely no justification. Lucas could have made 3 very good movies with brand new characters, oh wait no he couldnt have, since he's a hack.
>>
>>81652957
I imagine that puberty as a male Jedi has to be a shitty time, specially when girls like Ayyla go around in non standard Jedi outfits.
>>
>>81652971
Anyone who isn't a retard will acknowledge that the prequels are poorly executed movies, but are still more authentic and have more soul than Disney Wars
>>
>>81652971
/tv/ still shits on the prequels. They're just conceptually more interesting then design by committee TFA
>>
>>81652996
So much of a hack Hollywood bought his IP for an actual trillion dollars because they're not capable of coming up with anything nearly as good.
>>
>>81652937
or maybe Jedi are wearing traditional cheap space villlager clothes because its their philosophy to not give a fuck about material posessions?
>>
>>81652960

Imagine being so unoriginal you had to parrot the ideas of a fucking youtuber just to feel better about yourself. Then to top it off, you spoke in the opposite just so no one would link you immediately.

Oh, and then you refused to except criticism.

>dat fragile babby ego
>>
>Pleb
Dude! The prequels are EPIC xD what's your favorite light saber-fight? The original films are slow and boring.

>Demi-Pleb
Wow, Ep7 really made me think. The original trilogy is better than the prequel trilogy, "muh pottery", heh heh, but Ep7 is better than the prequels, both rip off the originals so who cares?

>Initiate
I love the originals, and these characters seem archetypal in some way... I really like what Lucas tried to achieve in the prequel trilogy but the execution was poor. He had a team of yes men and sycophants, whereas in the original trilogy, he was the visionary and superior technical staff executed his vision. I liked Ep7.

>Enlightened
Lucas is a genius, the scale of his vision is breathtaking. The prequels and the original trilogy are no better or worse than the other conceptually. All six films are part of an epic ring cycle that draws its influence from epics ranging from the Icelandic Sagas to the Upanishads. He is clearly a deeply religious man, and his good friendship with Joseph Campbell obviously affected his work. He clearly understands Jung, and all six films are rich with occultist, psychological, and perennial symbolism. These characters are so iconic because they are archetypes, and they connect with people because they dwell in the collective unconscious. He has truly succeeded in writing an epic myth that defines the close of the millennium. Bravo. Oh, what was that? Episode 7? I torrented it a year after release. Stock consumerist sci-fi, I could barely make it half way through.
>>
>>81652937
Most people in star wars wear similar outfits.
>>
File: 1426196818194.jpg (76KB, 349x356px) Image search: [Google]
1426196818194.jpg
76KB, 349x356px
Prequels:
>lots of new interesting planets
>lots of new diverse species
>great vehicle designs
>great weapon designs
>great trooper armor design
>expands the lore

New trilogy
>they just took planets from the original trilogy and renamed them
>a fucking orange
>slightly tweaked versions of OT vehicles
>no interesting new weapons
>troopers wear slightly tweaked stormtrooper armors
>doesn't expand the lore. Too afraid to try new things
>>
>>81653049
Literally the only RLM review I've ever watched is the Jack and Jill one. You're just projecting because you are an honest-to-god autist that can't imagine anyone could disagree with your pretend friends. Seek fucking help.
>>
>>81653013
Those are just buzzwords based on your entirely subjective opinion.
>>
>>81653040
>obiwan is hiding from the empire because him and yoda are literally the last jedi in the galaxy
>he still wears his traditional jedi outfit
>>
File: 1460929598741.jpg (237KB, 500x511px) Image search: [Google]
1460929598741.jpg
237KB, 500x511px
>DISNEY SHILLS OUT IN FULL FORCE
TRAILER WASN'T THAT BAD GUYZ
>>
>>81653111
Or maybe the Jedi traditional outfit is something that blends in with what the local populous of a lot of planets wears.
>>
>>81653101
>soul and authenticity are buzzwords
Kill yourself, robot. Everybody normal knows what the fuck they mean.
>>
>>81653028
The prequels feel way more like soulless corporate shit than TFA or Rogue One though. Jar Jar, the droid designs, Yoda action scenes, Anakin's emo phase... everything about the movies feels so outdated and tailor-made to appeal to early 2000 children and teenagers. I know you have a hate boner for Disney and you will never let it go, but so far, they have been doing a ten times better job at making SW movies than anything Lucas has ever made since the OT.
>>
>>81652778
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae1AiFNKFBk
how can you not like this?
>>
>>81651965
Wait until they get a load of the tree.
>>
>>81653040
This is revisionist horseshit. Lucas was too lazy to figure out something the Jedi could wear to distinguish themselves so he just went with whatever Obi-Wan wore. If Tatooine were an ice planet instead of a desert planet, we'd have Jedi running around in parkas instead of desert clothes.
>>
>>81652996
Mace Windu was a new character, same as Padme and Qui-Gon. Count Dooku aswell.
I dont even get what you are trying to argue here.
>>
>>81653086
>originally contempt with the notion of being a RLM drone but preaching narrative in the opposite
>change gears to "only one RLM review"

You're Moonwalking like it's 80s son
>>
>>81653188
RLM is in too deep, they'll defend these movies no matter what. They have no choice.
>>
>>81653033
Lucas was merely the name behind the OT, based on what he did to the franchise we can assume his original idea of star wars would have been total shit
and now it's not about coming up with something new since retarded millenials wont eat whats in their plate if its not fucking star wars products
>>
>>81653160
I know what they mean you retard, but it's entirely subjective what you deem soulless and non-authentic. Most normal people consider the prequels to be soulless garbage, yet for some reason YOU feel they have soul, so clearly it is a very subjective criticism.
>>
>>81653067
You don't want a movie, you want a videogame.
>>
File: 1491207027975.gif (2MB, 356x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491207027975.gif
2MB, 356x400px
>>81651121
Goddamn I hate how articles are titled/written
>Why we SHOULD
>WHY it's important
>and that's a GOOD thing
>>
>>81653111
my point is thats not a Jedi outfit, plenty of people wear that, especially poor ones, and Jedi adopted it because its commfy. it's like he was wearing equiwalent of jeans and tshirt, perfectly fine clothes when in hiding
>>
File: 6X0zsPC.jpg (33KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
6X0zsPC.jpg
33KB, 450x600px
>>81653119
>>DISNEY SHILLS OUT IN FULL FORCE
> TRAILER WASN'T THAT BAD GUYZ

Other than the Tree nonsense it's pretty good.
Looking forward to 8pisode
>>
>>81653111
He was an eremite. Who would care about some old man living it out in the desert?
And yoda was on fucking Dagobah, mate
>>
>>81652960
>tfw totally disagree with RLM about the prequels but don't care because I love everything else they do

IMO they were cynical 20 somethings when the prequels came out and they didn't realize of how much silly, fun kiddie stuff was in the OT and then got butthurt because they grew up and then tried to watch the prequels as nitpicky nerds who treated Star Wars as Serious Business. In the plinkett review he talks out of one side of his mouth about all the nitpicky "plot holes" and stupid autistic shit that doesn't matter at all and shit on fun Jar Jar or Anakin or Darth Maul stuff, then go and say that kids obviously hated Phantom Menace because of the political intrigue. Actually, kids don't mind stuff like that because it makes them feel grown up and that they're watching an "adult movie", plus you didn't need to fully understand that stuff to enjoy the movies and get the overall plot of it.

With gen Xers like RLM it's a csse of pure nostalgia goggles and cynical nitpicky autist goggles.
>>
File: nat.jpg (43KB, 805x669px) Image search: [Google]
nat.jpg
43KB, 805x669px
>>81651121
>>81651143
>>81651171
>>81651200
>>81651219
>>81651222
>>81651281
>>81651361
Are people who defend the prequels serious in thinking they were good? Are these actual convictions or the result of youth needing to rebel in the form of contrarianism as a lifestyle choice?

Genuinely curious. It's been thoroughly explained why they're garbage but now we have all this prequel revisionism coming out of the woodwork.

It's fine if it's what you really believe I guess (it's also ok if it's only a rebellious phase), I just very much want to know.
>>
>>81653225
Journalism has been dead for a while now.
>>
>>81653066
Like storm troopers?
>>
>>81653195
>new characters are soulless robots whose background make no sense and who paradoxically fill the movies with plot holes
bravo
l
u
c
a
s
>>
>>81653222
>I know what they mean you retard, but it's entirely subjective what you deem soulless and non-authentic.
Disney turned down Lucas' offer to give them the plot outline he had for the new trilogy after he sold them the franchise. These moves are OBJECTIVELY inauthentic.
>>
>>81653252
The article isnt about whether they are good or not, its about their importance, speedreader-kun.
>>
>>81653291
>The article isnt about whether they are good or not
but thats what the thread is about
>>
>>81653206
>originally contempt with the notion of being a RLM drone but preaching narrative in the opposite
Learn fucking english you literal autist, I have no idea what the fuck you're even trying to say here. The fucking state of you RLMlets.
>>
>>81653268
What about their background makes no sense?
Again, this wasnt even what we were talking about, you're jumping quite a few topics here.
>>
>>81653291
>The article

there's 40 different opinions in this thread and you act like the article is the focus of discussion

Are Disney shills intentionally shitting up threads so no real discussion/advancement can ever happen with the prequels?
>>
File: IMG_2517.jpg (31KB, 504x415px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2517.jpg
31KB, 504x415px
>>81653252
t. Disney shill who desparetly wants people to like his shit new movies
>>
>>81653214
>Lucas was merely the name behind the OT
Imagine being this delusional.
>>
>>81653311
Because a lot of people now see the prequels in a different light when you compare them to sequels.
I dont get what you find so complicated about this.
>>
>>81653324
>he's still going like an Energizer Bunny

Holy fuck you are from the 80s!
>>
>>81653252
People don't suddenly love the prequels now they've just found appreciation for them after episode 7 and seeing star wars become a pandering rehash that only exists to make money
>>
The prequels suck, the sequels suck, and episode VI sucks (aside from the confrontation in the throne room). The only important movies are A New Hope and Empire.
>>
>>81653252
>Genuinely curious. It's been thoroughly explained why they're garbage
t. r/RLM
>>
>>81653336
Uhm, how am I a disney shill?
I find it disgusting what Disney is doing with the new movies and downplaying the importance of Luke and Anakins action to justify making Rey the new savior of the universe.
>>
>>81653364
>different light

Do they? Chris Stuckmann stands by the prequels sucking and the sequels being good and last I checked he's our guy.
>>
>>81653400
Not an argument.
>>
File: 1428590149574.jpg (75KB, 492x416px) Image search: [Google]
1428590149574.jpg
75KB, 492x416px
>>81653401
>Uhm, how am I a disney shill?

Yea
How indeed
>>
>>81653413
You probably havent been around /tv/ as of late, then. A lot of anons, this thread being a prime example, still think the prequels arent that good, but lightyears ahead of the sequels.
And yeah, I dont get what is so complicated about this turn of events.
>>
>>81653384
And the prequels weren't pandering rehash? The films are full of fan-service to the OT. Like Darth Vader just happened to build C3PO? Fucking seriously?

Or Bobba Fett's dad just happened to fight Obi-Wan, because fanboys went nuts over him in V for some reason.

Or R2-D2 being a super-bot with jetpacks and flamethrowers that are never shown in the OT.

The prequels are garbage, and have even worse fan-service than VII. Nothing is as bad as Rogue One though.
>>
File: 1437697936048.png (65KB, 254x240px) Image search: [Google]
1437697936048.png
65KB, 254x240px
>>81653413
>Chris Stuckmann stands by the prequels sucking and the sequels being good and last I checked he's our guy.

Goddamn I hate this board
>>
>>81653252
I need to rewatch II and III, but I'm >>81652806 so... yeah, it's genuine.

I was a kid and my parents weren't star wars fans or anything and I wanted to watch Star Wars, so I thought it was obvious that I should start with the DVD of Episode I and work my way up to VI. I didn't even know that IV though VI were made in the 70's, so I was a little confused when I started watching A New Hope, lol.

It's a testament to the OT that my young self could look past some of the dated stuff and the puppet aliens and enjoy the OT as much as the shiny new prequels with state of the art for the time CGI.
>>
File: 1451335411038.jpg (19KB, 432x403px) Image search: [Google]
1451335411038.jpg
19KB, 432x403px
>accusing people of being RLM drones when they loved TFA
>>
>>81653384
Everything only exists for money.

Do people actually think Lucas made the prequels because he really wanted to tell a fucking story?
>>
>>81653214
>we can assume his original idea of star wars would have been total shit
You dont really need to assume there is plenty of stuff out there about early drafts of the script and story, and splinter of the mind's eye was George's original idea for the sequel to ANH.
Lucas' strength have always been on the producer side of things, and being the idea man, but he needs other creative people he respects to flesh things out.
The biggest problem with the prequels was that he never should have written and directed them. But I guess he didn't have much choice since he was outside the director's guild.
>>
>>81653459
(You) should tell me
>>
>>81651597
Star wars is an overrated series that is actually rather shit but you people buy the merch so you overhype everything.
Non of star wars matters, its all shit stop buying plastic garbage in an attempt to fill the void in your life.
>>
TFA is far, far better than any prequel film, and that is a fact.
>>
>>81653401
Seems more like a passing of the guard. Anakin isn't being displayed, his story is literally over. And Luke is too old to be a hero for anymore stories.
>>
>>81653513
Youve been making the same points for this whole thread anon, give it up
>>
>>81653247
>Who would care about some old man living it out in the desert?
The empire and the guy tasked with hunting down and eliminating the Jedi.
>>
>>81653478
>light years ahead of the sequels
>plural

Have you seen more than one?
>>
It's official. They're trying to erase the prequels from history.
>>
>>81653329
>you're jumping quite a few topics here.
ok, lucas did in fact come up with new characters. That doesnt explain why r2d2 or chewbacca should be in the movies. I know what does however, money.

>What about their background makes no sense?
Mace Windu isnt only a poor actor choice (we want the dindu audience), hes also at the head of the jedi order despite being an idiot, totallt oblivious to what sheev is doing
count dooku, pretty much the same, fuckwit who gets played by sheev's plan even though this very plan is obvious and idiotic
qui-gon is a jedi, somehow ? makes dumb decisions, cheats and lies, adds nothing to the story, is basically a bad version of OT obiwan
padme is in love with anakin, god knows why, at least we know bella loved edward because he was attractive and le mysterious xD, now you can tell me you have a man crush for hayden christensen, but padme was supposed to be a bit more deep of a character than fucking twilight main bitch
>>
File: 1437430946525.png (233KB, 793x793px) Image search: [Google]
1437430946525.png
233KB, 793x793px
>>81653527

Assume for a second that I respected you: Why would I help you connect the dots? We owe each other nothing, and I gain nothing by sharing with you my knowledge.

Thankfully, we can both agree that I do not respect you. Therefore, you can fuck off.
>>
>>81653514
You're not ourguy so you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>81653560
That's why they should have went with something new instead, or just the general point of this whole thread and the last threads.
The whole point of the OT and PT is now moot, since oh Anakin didnt really fulfill the prophecy because he was saved by his sons mercy, instead we get an empire clone out of nowhere building an even bigger weapon than before without nobody noticing, and Leia actually being regarded as a warmongerer for the sake of having her lead a resistance again.
>>
holy shit there are people actually defending the prequels here?
>>
Star Wars Prequels>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hobbit movies
>>
>have an entire galaxy to work with
>every prequel and sequel is focused on a half dozen characters
>>
File: 1469652384786.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
1469652384786.png
108KB, 400x381px
>>81653612
>Mace Windu isnt only a poor actor choice (we want the dindu audience)
I don't even know where to begin. Have you even WATCHED Disney Wars, you miserable piece of shit?
>>
>>81653584
Yes, and they never found him prior to episode 4 so he obviously has been doing a great job.

>>81653597
No, but I did include the eight episode aswell in my reasoning because the new trailer indicates the new movie will be even more shit than the last one, with luke turning full linkin park
>>
>>81653601
That's why they carried over that Organa guy, the woman who played Mothma in the prequels and even Rex right?
>>
>>81653601

good, I've already erased them from my memory
>>
>>81653513
The prequels weren't made with the sole focus of making money. Lucas wanted to continue "his vision."

Whereas every year a Star Wars movie is churned out with the sole purpose of collecting those darling shekels. It's soulless, without passion or genuine creativity.
>>
File: 1478696562097.jpg (140KB, 670x938px) Image search: [Google]
1478696562097.jpg
140KB, 670x938px
>>81653624
>You're not ourguy so you wouldn't understand.

oh no
>>
>>81653684
So you haven't seen it. Just say that then.
>>
>>81653637
holy shit there are actually people here defending the sequels?
>>
>>81653652
An Unexpected Journey is comfy af, but the others are prequel-tier trash
>>
>>81653661
yes, and it was shit
does that make the prequels good, let alone better ? no
and boyega is certainly a better actor choice for finn that l. jackson for windu
>>
>>81651121

Oh I hate the prequels. I also hate the new Sequel movies too.

It's like they both miss the camaraderie and adventure and replaced it with

(Prequels)-Robotic characters and garbage scenes,

(sequels)-Rehashed scenes and characters that offer no real depth.
>>
>>81653698
>The prequels weren't made with the sole focus of making money.

Millennials everyone.
>>
>>81651121
FUCKING NORMIES
>>
>>81653748

I know thats wrong too
>>
>>81653350
t. Lucas

No takesees backsees.
>>
>>81653520
Yes i believe he wanted to finish the story of Vader.
>>
>>81651588
THIS

Star Wars is fantasy and anyone who thinks otherwise should be expelled from this planet
>>
>>81653770
>does that make the prequels good, let alone better ?
You're accusing the prequels of being worse than nuWars for having minority pandering when nuWars is literally ten fucking times worse than that. Rogue One was so laughably multicultural it looked like the fucking Power Rangers, kill yourself.
>>
>>81653771
>I also hate the new Sequel movies too

How many have you seen?
>>
>>81653612
Look man, its like this.
As you said yourself, Lucas created some new characters. But there were still some characters from the OT whose backgrounds have never been explained.
The whole purpose of a prequel series is to show the background of the previous plot and their characters.
A sequel can include those characters aswell, sure, but a lot of anons are butthurt and righteously so, at Disney's treatment with the premise and the characters of the OT.
Rey giving more screentime during the mourning of Han than Chewie? Seriously?
Luke and Anakins whole purpose, the prophecy, all of it is now nill.
That is not the purpose of a sequel, a sequel shot start new things, not destroy established premises of its roots.
>>
>>81653777
t. millenial
>>
>>81651965

Im sorry did you watch a different Episode 1 than the rest of us?
>>
>>81653833
>hating Rogue One

Numale opinion discarded.
>>
File: 1450739849665.jpg (56KB, 517x572px) Image search: [Google]
1450739849665.jpg
56KB, 517x572px
You know your trilogy's a shit when the fucking animated cartoon on Cartoon Network does a better job at telling a Star Wars story than blockbuster releases.
>>
>>81652741
>"The sunset found her squatting in the high grass"
Fuck off.
>>
>>81653862
*should
>>
File: 1397632773442.jpg (44KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
1397632773442.jpg
44KB, 409x393px
>>81653897
Says the faggot that likes nuWars.
>>
The prequels are the only sw movies not about blowing up a big space ball. Why does nobody appreciate that?
>>
>>81652195
Actual original stories
>>
>>81653833
by better I meant better than before, not better than disney wars
I never said which trilogy of the two I thought was better, mostly because one of them isnt even done yet. Whats more, nostalgia pandering isnt the only criterion when it comes to rating movies. But that's not something a dumb /pol/tard who only speaks in memes and always blames da joos would understand
>>
Why is /tv/ unable to enjoy anything?

It's like everyone has to preface their posts with saying they hate the prequels and the sequels equally, because god forbid people like something.

This board hates the thing its based around because nobody wants to have their opinions criticized.

Force Awakens was so fucking good
>>
>>81653907
That fucking cartoon was stellar to be fair. Even with the force bullshit they pulled off on each episode.
>>
Damn, (((disney))) are starting the shilling horde already?
>>
>>81652322
All Star Wars movies are children's movies
>>
>>81653907
Its a better story because they had much more space to tell the story.

There are a looooot of shitty episodes in clone wars
>>
>>81654007
Trailer just came out.
>>
>>81653252

>Doesn't see the sure amount of masterpiece in the prequel trilogy

Found the mouse dick sucking, manchild.
>>
>>81653777
>I'm gonna sell my franchise and donate 50% of the profits to charity
>I'm going to make a movie of that franchise every year for the foreseeable future.

Which one is more Jew-tier?
>>
>>81653987
>force awakens was so fucking good
how can anyone believe this? unless you're a child or woman there is no excuse for you to actually believe this.
>>
>>81654066
>amount of masterpiece

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>81653814
mickey mouse, please.
>>
>>81654076
yet still better than the prequels. funny that.
>>
>>81654032
This. 90% of CGI Clone Wars is shit-tier "droid squad" bullshit. Still better than Rebels, though.

The only consistently good Clone Wars was the 2003 one.
>>
>>81654076
I really liked the new characters, the action scenes were fantastic, and it managed to balance humour and drama far better than any SW film since ESB
>>
File: IMG_2509.jpg (106KB, 961x759px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2509.jpg
106KB, 961x759px
>>81654111
These people exist
>>>/Facebook/
>>
>>81653862
why do you talk about purpose so much ? Who fucking cares how c3po was created ? If Lucas really loved the OT, he would have let other people write the prequels. But he didnt, because his "purpose" was milking the cow.
And stop assuming people who trash on the prequels defend the sequels.
>>
>>81653981
I'm not a fucking /pol/ack, but if you can't see how insulting to your intelligence the nuWars cast is you do not deserve to fucking live.

TFA: a black, a woman, a gay
RO: The Power Rangers, although even the Power Rangers didn't have the fucking balls to make a handicapped person a power ranger. nuWars is literally breathtaking in how ruthlessly and transparently calculated it is. The worst part is they're sort of getting away with it. Makes you fear for the future people have gotten this fucking dumb.
>>
the absolute worst thing about the new disney sequel is not that it's shit. it's not that it's an unoriginal rehash that relies on nostalgia and fanservice. it's that the star wars "fans" will make any excuses for its very apparent flaws, unoriginality, terrible pacing, 0 character developement and all around poor storytelling for no other reason but to spite George Lucas.

The truth is that they are boring, forgettable films that are are barely beyond the threshold of mediocrity, but the "fans" of this franchise are so bitter, cynical, immature and cruel that they will continue to offer support for it and whatever other shit Disney is preparing to shovel down their throats regardless of poor quality or whether it render the OT pointless (which FA did)

George was right to sell it off and he's right to not bother with such an ungrateful, cuntish fanbase. Literally the worst fanbase a franchise has ever had in the history of all media.
>>
>>81654171
hahahahaha you have shit taste ahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>81652195
I swear Disney Nu Wars fans are fucking brain dead.

"Muh Han Solo!"

"Muh TIE Fighters and X-Wings!"
>>
>>81653478
>the prequels arent that good, but lightyears ahead of the sequels.
I'd say its more like theyre different flavors of shit. Its not a zero sum game where theres a conservation of suck.
>>
>>81654171
Is there really anyone that thinks any prequel film was better than TFA? They were garbage, and TFA was well made, albeit slightly derivative
>>
>>81654194
>coming from the guy who thinks TFA is anything higher than a 0/10
Pot, meet kettle.
>>
>>81654111
I really hope you're being paid to have this opinion. It'd be depressing to think someone was legitimately this fucking stupid, especially on /tv/.
>>
>>81654218
>literally a remake of IV
>slightly derivative
>>
>>81654171

Yeah, smart people with taste exist. Shocking, I know. Reddit is where you belong since they unironically love the prequels
>>
>>81653686
>and even Rex right?
Wait... Where was Rex?
>>
>>81654152
Got most of the key shill buzzwords. All you're missing is "it was fun"
>>
>>81654218
>well-made
>SLIGHTLY derivative

Holy fuck the mental gymnastics you people do is astounding. Did you just watch TFA once and never again? Or were you so desperate for a good Star Wars movie you shut your ears and screamed "ITS GOOD ITS GOOD ITS GOOD."
>>
>>81654177
>If Lucas really loved the OT, he would have let other people write the prequels.
>If Lucas really loved his creation, he'd have let other people handle it!
End your life.
>>
>>81654263
Reddit hates the prequels and EU and boasts about the ST all night and day, even on unrelated subs. I think you belong there, brainlet.
>>
>>81654192
Nailed it.
>>
>>81654200
>anyone who criticises the prequels automatically loves force awakens
the RLM contrarianism is strong in this one
>>
>>81651121
ITS TIME TO STOP PRETENDING SLAVERY WAS A PROBLEM
he who ignores history is doomed to repeat it
>>
>>81654261
How was it a remake? There was a death star and the protagonist is from a desert planet, that was the only similarity
>>
>>81654263
Yes TFA was a smart movie for smart people..

Christ these shills are pathetic.
>>
File: 1485702163383.jpg (15KB, 441x411px) Image search: [Google]
1485702163383.jpg
15KB, 441x411px
>>81654274
>"his creation"
No you
>>
>>81652402
>>81652612
>>81652652

If AotC wasn't one of the first films in history to go all digital in combination with it's 95% greenscreen act then this might be a valid argument. If it was made practical, with the sets and creatures being primarily real ala Episode 1, then it could easily be the best SW film on visuals alone. Unfortunately it's not the case, so it has and will continue to age more poorly than any other SW film.
>>
>>81652499
>When you see something bad, but then something else comes out that is a million times worse, the first thing doesn't seem so bad anymore.

Maybe for witless fucking fools who can't be objective.
>>
File: IMG_2500.jpg (310KB, 699x1211px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2500.jpg
310KB, 699x1211px
>>81654337
>only similarity
ignorance is bliss
>>
>>81654270
Everyone who disagrees with you is a shill, got it.
>>
>>81654263
I bet you know a thing or two about reddit huh faggot.
>>
>>81654364
>implying there weren't practical effecrs involved there
>>
>>81654357
>George Lucas didn't create Star Wars!
Interesting tactic, disney shill. Let's see how it goes.
>>
>>81654032
>Its a better story because they had much more space to tell the story.
I don't know anon, the it aint me in space arc was the length of a feature film and even if you hadn't already seen other episodes introducing Fives and the other clones theres more than enough characterization to inform the viewer and get them invested.
God damn the umbara arc is based as fuck.
And once you get out of season one it gets pretty good consistently. They even manage to make jar jar almost close to bearable. Now THAT is a fucking achievement.
>>
>>81654420
>SHILL! SHILL! SHILL!
you're almost as boring as the prequels lol
>>
>>81654405
It has the least amount of any movie. They greatly increased the practical and hybrid stuff for RotS. The experimental nature of AotC being one of the first films to do what it did is admirable in pushing forward technology, but it is a terrible looking and incredibly dated film because of it.
>>
>>81651121
OP it's basically a garbage writer trying to push the agenda that exists among Disney SW apologists, towards making Disney declare the prequels non-canon. With the ultimate goal being that once Disney declares the prequels non-canon, Disney will create a replacement trilogy of prequels, that pander to those who hate the prequels with such passion that they will eat any dogshit that Disney serves them.
>>
>>81654487
>lol
shill detected
>>
>>81654487
Funny. Prequels only require me to skip the gay love scenes to find enjoyment. I need to skip the entire Force Awakens and to the last 45 minutes of Rogue One to find any enjoyment.
>>
>>81654251
Nope, capitalizationphobe anon has been on a shitposting warpath lately. Best to not give him any (you)'s.
>>
File: 140747974965.jpg (52KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
140747974965.jpg
52KB, 499x499px
>>81654487
Aww, I was hoping you'd try to explain yourself. You probably regretted that post the instant you made it. Oh well, kudos for at least trying to respond to me, regardless of how transparent your redirection efforts were.
>>
>>81651121
>They didn't add anything
>All of the best games are prequel-centric, or prequel inspired
>the best star wars show is prequel centric
>the best music is from the prequels
>>
I really liked the lightsaber battles in The Force Awakens, they felt like real actual fights instead of the stiff jerking of the originals and the shaolin twirly dances of the prequels (though they are a pleasure to watch too)

Also the new Star Wars use actual lightsaber replicas on set so we get a nice authentic natural glow illuminating the characters faces and surroundings - which we dont get in the originals and prequels
>>
>>81654177
Yeah, except he did, or at least he tried. Lucas reached out to people to help with the prequels but nobody, even his friends like Spielberg, wanted to get involved in-depth with the prequels because of how devastating it would be to not pull it off so it would be better not to try and just let Lucas run the show. Lucas already knew that he needed the help of others, see TESB and ROTJ production. The issue here is that while Star Wars was up and coming before so everyone wanted to sign on to help in TESB and ROTJ, Star Wars was so dominant and the prequels so hyped that people were scared to attach their names in fear of it failing.
>>
>>81654548
aww, I was hoping you were going to resort to screaming SHILL like an autist again.

you're straying from your playbook, anti-Disney DC shill.
>>
>>81654337
>robot lands on desert planet, meets hero by chance
Except this time, it's pure chance that the hero encounters the robot. In OT the robots are seeking Kenobi, who's specifically watching Luke, which is why they all happen to end up in one corner of the vast fucking desert by chance.

I can do that for every plot point in FA, it's a bunch of callbacks barely stitched together by stupid JJ Abrams garbage. For fuck's sake, they do the telekinetic-pull-the-saber-from-the-snowbank scene from Empire in the climax. It'd be a shorter list to name all the good original ideas the movie had.
>>
>>81654556
>All of the best games are prequel-centric, or prequel inspired
Only the pod racing game. TFU was tied more closely to the OT and old EU and sets up the rebellion.
>>
>>81654632
>you're straying from your playbook, anti-Disney DC shill.
That's cute! Good hustle, buddy. I mean I don't think it's going to work but admirable effort.
>>
>>81654674
whatever you see, DC shill.
>>
>>81654308

Reddit loves the prequels and says "normies don't get them". Just like /tv/.

>>81654349

Didn't say the people who liked it are smart, just the people who realize the prequels are garbage are smart.

>le shill meme

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOO REDDIT!

>>81654387

As much as you do, redditor.
>>
>>81654584
Scared of failing ? Or scared of working with such a stubborn, talentless man ? If they had the smallest of trust in Lucas, they wouldnt have bailed, but fame made him so full of himself it was a lost cause
>>
>>81654687
>Reddit loves the prequels and says "normies don't get them". Just like /tv/.

wtf i love reddit now
>>
File: 1229498305273.jpg (79KB, 350x218px) Image search: [Google]
1229498305273.jpg
79KB, 350x218px
>>81654687
>this whole post
Who do you think you're fooling redditor. The fucking state of you.
>>
File: 1484524458841.png (441KB, 715x263px) Image search: [Google]
1484524458841.png
441KB, 715x263px
>>81654687
>mfw this is the most reddit post in the entire thread
>>
>>81651121
I listen and respect people who know real film like Stuckman and RLM who aren't afraid to tell it how it is the prequels were unwarranted and an insult, these new ones although pandering and using some old story devices makes up for it by having a deep, rich, intricate and diverse universe and characters who share the previously mentioned traits.
Such as daisy Ridley who gives one of the penultimate roles in the 21st life
>>
>>81654709
more because it was his baby and even when he wasn't as involved (ESB) he still wanted to take credit for it anyway.

plus no one knew what the fuck he was doing with all the digital stuff. That was ENTIRELY George's M.O.

Nobody could foresee what he was ultimately going for, which turned out to be a complete CGI shitfest
>>
File: 1491072787589.jpg (28KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1491072787589.jpg
28KB, 400x225px
>>81654687
>>
>>81654687
it's time for you to go
>>
>>81654709
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/star-wars-episode-i--the-phantom-menace/steven-spielberg-ron-howard-turned-down-prequels/
>>
>>81653987
>Force Awakens was so fucking good

numale redditor detected.
>>
>>81654784
You had me going but you blew it with the last sentence. Revise that bit for the next incarnation of this pasta and I guarantee it's a winner.
>>
>>81654828
you have shit taste hahahahahaha
>>
>>81654584
>Yeah, except he did, or at least he tried. Lucas reached out to people to help with the prequels but nobody, even his friends like Spielberg, wanted to get involved
Lucas wasn't able to get a lot of those people because he would work with the writer's or director's guild.
Hes always hated the studio system and the guilds so tried to work around them. He's independently wealthy and owned his own studio so it wasn't a big deal for him to cut them out, but for other writers and directors it would have basically meant they'd never work in hollywood again without having to take it up the ass hard.
I mean not wanting to shit the bed didn't stop them from making kingdom of the crystal skull.
>>
>>81654079
RoTS and the build/conclusion to it.
>>
>>81654111
Back to >>>r/starwars
>>
Prequels were shit. TFA being shit doesn't change that
>>
>>81654859
you mean the utterly transparent fanservice that does nothing but spell out the inevitable?

>defending the "high ground" scene
lmao. pathetic.
>>
>>81654853
>>81654853
Imagine being this butthurt, lads. Can't you just imagine him pecking at the h and a keys, mad as fuck all the while?
>>
>>81654357
$1.5 dollars have been transfered to your account. Thank you for helping the mouse.
>>
>>81654902
>S H I T T A S T E
>W H A T I S C O P Y P A S T E

check out my pottery, lads
>>
>>81654933
Fuck that, that post isn't worth one and a half bucks, if anything that's when he gave away his con, if anything his pay should be DOCKED for that fucking post.
>>
>>81654899
Jokes aside, the prequels are far superior in terms of memes. TFA was so bland that /tv/ went back to the prequels to mine for memes.
TR-8R and Kanjiklub didn't last a week, but people still yaddlepost.
>>
>>81654964
>everyone I disagree with is a shill
imagine being this paranoid. what a cuck lol.
>>
>>81654420
duh isn't it obvious that OT and PT were just blueprints and the first REAL Star Wars movie was JJ ABRAMS' The Force Awakens?
>>
>>81654948
Copying and pasting wouldn't have made it any better, but we both know your chubby little fingers were hammering at those h and a keys while you frowned at your screen, kek
>>
>>81654892

>Putting the prequel at the same level as the trash bin-tier tfa to not give the infinitely superior prequel any chance to outshine it

Nice tactice, mickey mouse. Let's see how it goes.
>>
>>81654991
TM*
>>
>>81654984
the fact that you judge a film by its memes says everything. memes arise because of bad filmmaking (Bane anyone?), not because of good.

I shudder to think that films have to be memes in order to be memorable now.
>>
>>81654988
Fuck you buddy, I hope your paymasters see that post and fire your ass for making your coworkers' job harder.
>>
>>81655012
S H I T

T
A
S
T
E

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>81655018
You nerds are so paranoid. Both movies are shit
>>
>>81654964
The mouse is generous to it's shills.
>>
>>81654829
Daisy Ridley is the one actor that removes the notion of suspension of disbelief
>>
>>81655043
aw the little cuck is so cute when it gets mad. I hope your DC PR boss gives you and your wife's son a bonus this year!
>>
>>81654687
So it's basiclly confirmed that redditors love TFA, but hate the PT.

I'm not surprised, but it makes sense.
>>
>>81655026
No. Im saying they're both awful and that if you weigh everything memes are the tie breaker.
And no, memes aren't a result of "Bad Filmmaking" (though they can be). If thats what you think then you don't know what a meme is, dhich genuinely wouldn't surprise me.
>>
File: 1411355525306.png (314KB, 476x384px) Image search: [Google]
1411355525306.png
314KB, 476x384px
>>81655060
I bet you go beat your girlfriend after this thread gets archived.
>>
>>81655103
>Imagine being so mad you cant hit the shift key
o im laffin
>>
>>81655169
ok, lowercase poster
>>
>>81655103
>getting this mad
I bet you panicked over that docked pay thing lel
>>
>>81655194
aww the DC shill is still trying. your bosses must be super proud! you really earned that $0.05
>>
File: 1487480561697.jpg (222KB, 917x666px) Image search: [Google]
1487480561697.jpg
222KB, 917x666px
>all these (((disney))) shills out on full force
>mfw even based Mark Hamill warned us about the abomination that was TFA
>mfw Mark Hamill is still warning us that the next movies will be trash
>tfw Not even Harrison Ford wants anything to do with the Solo movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxMIECU0sK8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWSsjhHA0IM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S2zsCaOOmE
>>
>>81655213
Will this fellow's bosses let it slide, lads? I wonder if we'll ever see a shill try that George Lucas didn't invent Star Wars thing again considering how it went this time.
>>
>>81655213
lmao why are you randomly bringing up DC for no reason? Disneyshills need some fucking lessons on how to be a bit more subtle.
>>
New thread lads:
>>81655453
>>81655453
>>81655453
>>81655453
>>
File: StarWars-actors.png (960KB, 632x1764px) Image search: [Google]
StarWars-actors.png
960KB, 632x1764px
>>81651121
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>81655637
wtf I love Star Wars now
>>
File: IMG_3451.jpg (41KB, 414x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3451.jpg
41KB, 414x399px
>>81651752
> trying this hard to be contrarian
>>
File: IMG_2426.gif (488KB, 500x233px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2426.gif
488KB, 500x233px
>>81656027
>trying to be so contrarian that you contradict contrarians
>yfw you're just a normie now
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.