[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Melancholia make you sad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Did Melancholia make you sad?
>>
>>81646434
It made me angry. Like all the von Trier films I've seen. Really accurate depiction of the female mindset tho.
>>
It made me feel happy when all the horses settled down just before the impact, like they knew instinctively knew that the inevitable end of life on earth promised nothing but peace and quiet until the heat death of the universe.
>>
File: melancholia.jpg (160KB, 1599x682px) Image search: [Google]
melancholia.jpg
160KB, 1599x682px
was he, dare i say it
>>
>>81646633

Who? Hatim? Def our guy.
>>
>>81646530
>Really accurate depiction of the female mindset tho

Explain yourself
>>
>>81646530
it's everyone's "mindset" in the freudian psyche apparatus (id, super-ego, ego) represented by three different characters when faced with certain annihilation

curiously and amusingly enough the id's represented by the male child. lmao.
>>
>>81647602
actually i'm pretty sure justine's the id because her mood and reaction operates on a largely instinctive level. getting depressed, knowing the number of jelly beans, engaging in bizarre childlike behavior. it's purely reaction that's instinct based.
the child is actually the ego because when faced with impending doom and to help super-ego claire and id justine get it together, he constructs a magic cave to shield them. it doesn't, but the ego's job is to mediate between the id and the super-ego and help them operate at a balanced functional level. so they're all together in the end, facing annihilation as one
>>
File: fedora.jpg (46KB, 416x359px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
46KB, 416x359px
>I empathize with women and their retarded problems
>>
No.

The final scene with Justine and Claire really makes me think about how I'd deal with my own, unavoidable impending death, though.
>>
>>81647780
>i'm not on my /pol/ and /r9k/ containment boards where I should be

knowing what the movie's about is not empathizing with women. kill yourself, loser.
>>
>>81648005
>makes me think about how I'd deal with my own, unavoidable impending death, though.

On the day I watched it I was pissed off at John for killing himself and Claire for being so sad about the whole thing. The day after I realised that I would've been just as sad but would still face it sans the being with loved ones part
>>
>>81646434

>going to die a superfast painless death in less than 24 hours
>decides to kill himself potentially painfully

Why would he do this?
>>
Ending shot is absolutely beautiful.
>>
>>81649290

Kinda gay that they faced away from the planet.

Also, was the opening montage necessary? Ruined the story for me
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.