[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1490538672358.png (607KB, 858x479px) Image search: [Google]
1490538672358.png
607KB, 858x479px
>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness

>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu

>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
- Alan Moore

>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit that... There is a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- George Lucas

How do we save culture?
>>
>>81645217
And yet all /tv/ talks about is capeshit and spergs out over muh company wars.
Really makes you think
>>
Culture doesnt need saving, youre just looking at popular culture and nothing else.
drop below the pleb-tier and theres plenty of culture happening
>>
>>81645217

I love that fucking thick young milf cunt that's always reacting to this garbage

I wanna have her cradle me while I knead her booby milk
>>
File: 1479102759602.jpg (1MB, 4837x3027px) Image search: [Google]
1479102759602.jpg
1MB, 4837x3027px
You can't
>>
>>81645217
Are these the "DChads" I keep hearing about? lmao
>>
>>81645395
Yes save for the white people
>>
Stop posting this garbage thread.
>>
File: 0013826543.png (267KB, 831x2370px) Image search: [Google]
0013826543.png
267KB, 831x2370px
>late capitalism
Why don't we just throw these delusional marxists out of helicopters?
>>
>>81645217
Half of these people don't even practice what they preach

>Simon Pegg
Starred in all of the Star Trek movies and is going to be in Star Wars

>Alec Guinness
Made millions of dollars off of Star Wars

>Alan Moore
V for Vendetta, Watchmen, Batman: The Killing Joke

>George Lucas
Made millions off of Star Wars. Then made the prequels, which were even more kid-friendly than the original series.
>>
>>81645562
no
>>
>>81645585
>if you find some aspects of capitalism undesirable you are a commie.
You've never heard of the third way, right?
>>
>>81645698
>>if you find some aspects of capitalism undesirable
Not what I said at all.
The only people saying shit like "late capitalism" are legit commies.

>You've never heard of the third way, right?
lmao natsocs are cucks
>>
>>81645748
You're right apparently you don't consider them all commies. Some of them seem to be cucks.
>>
>>81645217
I bet all those cucks both in that picture and those quotes think women should vote.
>>
>>81645217
This copypasta again
>>
>>81645549

lmao why is whitey so useless

fucking albino leeches
>>
>>81645633
Woah, you mean Alan Moore wrote comic books?
>>
>>81645585
Where does one go to read stuff like this? Modern history critics?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.