[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THIS>

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 7

KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THIS>
>>
so the only returning cast is the robots? do they even have the same voices?
>>
>>81644382
This is gonna be terrible
>>
>>81644409
they're doing pretty good impressions of the og voices.
i was wondering how they got up there considering tom, crow and mike all ended up in an apartment together at the end of mst, but realized there is more than one crow and tom.
>>
"its just a show, you should really just relax"
>>
the felicia/patton parts seem really disconnected from the rest of the show and it's purposefully retro aesthetic lacks the heart of the original. it's a simulacrum, like cosplay or or an homage, but it looks the part and made me laugh.

also am i drunk or is pearl looking really hot?
>>
Patton Oswalt seems to me kinda like the male Amy Schumer to a degree.
I don't think he steals jokes, but I don't find him funny. The people who argue with me that say he is funny sound like Cartman. "[patton]is funny, get over it".
not to mention the whole "wah my wife died" he brings up all the time as if he is the world's first widower...
I guess he is moreso in the camp of felicia day now that I think about it. "im nerd culture adjacent, give me money!"
>>
I like Patton Oswalt, not a fan of his social politics but those are his opinions. Felicia is a tryhard, but she's not bad in this.
>>
>>81644409
Oh Christ no. You want Mike, Kevin Murphy, and Bill Corbett, watch Rifftrax. It's still around and they picked up right where MST3K left off years ago. Hell, they did all four Twilight movies and it was great.
>>
>>81645755
The guy doing Crow is doing a good impression, Tom Servo is very bad. Also, the presence of Wil Wheaton and Patton Oswalt make me want to hate it, but Felicia Day is unwatchable and legitimately makes me want to kill myself. The actual movie riffing isn't that bad, but I'm only 12 minutes into the first episode.
>>
>>81644382
>I never watched the skits even in the old show because I didn't care about them
>now I have a good reason not to watch the skits because of fucking Felicia "Cartoon Cigarette Mascot" Day and Patton "Should've Locked the Medicine Cabinet" Oswalt

Is Jonah at least okay or is he shitty, too?
>>
jesus christ you guys have bad attitudes
>>
>>81646050
I heard the second one's better than the first, riffwise. I may just skip the sketches and only watch the riffs.
>>
>>81646083
welcome to 4chan
>>
>>81644500

It's good, ya dumb faggot
>>
>>81646083
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>81646083
Fight me
>>
>>81646083
Eat shit, Joel.
>>
>>81645892
She's standing between Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt. Of course she looks hot.
>>
Well I like it. How much does that trigger you, /tv/?
>>
The bit where the freezer door opens in Reptilicus had me bust a gut, but mostly it's just alright. I never thought the original series was super good though. Never liked how scripted and self-contained the jokes were. I want something more resembling of a conversation than meh one-liners.
>>
I wish they would shut up and let us watch these old films without the stupid jokes. The old films are more interesting than anything else.
>>
Does Felicia get her tits out?
>>
I just can't enjoy this when Rifftrax is a thing, even though it's not quite as good as MST3K in its heyday.
>>
I feel like this cast is trying too fucking hard with these riffs it's so unbearable
>>
>>81646304
Did you try?
>>
Instant one star rating
>>
I'm on episode 4 "Avalanche".

It's okay. I like the faster rate of jokes and updated references. Yeah, Felicia and Patton are not the best but gotta cater to your market. Jonah is doing a good job but you really learn to hate his face.
>>
>>81646304
The best Rifftrax stuff is MST3K level, as far as I'm concerned. My only issue with Rifftrax is that they put out so much stuff, that it can be pretty hit-or-miss.
>>
Literally every SJW whiner on twitter is in this lmao
>>
File: race.png (10KB, 859x307px) Image search: [Google]
race.png
10KB, 859x307px
thoughts?
>>
>>81646799
wrong
>>
>>81646799
Fuck off /pol/
>>
It's alright.
>>
2 eps in, so far it's meh. I hated the first one, skipped the second, and laughed a bunch at the 3rd.

I was trying to figure out what exactly it was I felt like it was missing from the originals, so I turned on Pod People and Santa Claus vs the Martians to compare them. I honestly think it boils down to the pacing mainly. There were markedly fewer jokes per minute in the old ones, and they were of decidedly better quality. It's kind of disappointing they've already shot and released them all already because I think if they just slowed it down and tried to sound more casual they could have really done something great.

Oh, that and what the actual fuck did they do to the fucking theme song? Get Har Mar Superstar off my show, and stop cutting away from the movie every 5 minutes to remind me what I'm watching. It's Netflix. That means I CHOSE to watch it. I didn't come in in the middle randomly because I was channel surfing, you don't have to keep stopping every two seconds to remind me what show I'm watching.
>>
i don't really know what this is but the host looks like a typical numale, and it has camel face and that fat twitter cuck. i don't know how they managed to assemble such a cancerous cast
>>
I actually tried to watch this. It resulted in me getting so drunk I wish to die and refuse to accept human life as an ok thing
>>
>>81647802
Don't you have a pewdiepie video to be watching or something?
>>
for old MST3K, I've seen a few episodes now, but I don't get it. Other than a few quips, most of the entertainment came from how bad the movie was (manos & space mutiny)

why do people call it a smart show? Because when an ape-man escapes from his chains and then locks himself up isn't funny. Are the host segments ever good? They really ruin the flow and give me second-hand embarrassment.
>>
File: 1491903025271.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491903025271.gif
1MB, 500x375px
>bunch of z list celebrities cash in redditstalgia
>4chan eats it up
>>
MST3K is pure reddit
>>
>>81648004
There's a general consensus by most fans that the sketches were always the lowest parts of the old ones, but they were still at least "charming" at times. These new ones- I mean Jesus are they bad. The monster rap in the first one was the only thing I found at all semi bearable. Compare that to Mike and the nanites, or the Idiot Control parody song and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>81646809
Ethnicity and Race aren't the same thing. However, Race factors in Ethnicity. Race is just the social context that varies from society to society we look at that biological Ethnicity. Like the different way Black Americans are viewed in America, versus in Japan.
>>
>>81645892
a glib facsimile, if you will
>>
>>81648058
The people who like it aren't from here.
>>
File: 1469904021635.jpg (27KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1469904021635.jpg
27KB, 508x524px
>>81646296
>2017
>people still care about the talentless, aging booth-babe Felicia Day
>>
>>81648058
>overwhelming reaction has been that its shit
you are retarded and live in a fantasy world
>>
>>81648058
>4chan eats it up

its fishing for youa and tourists
>>
>>81644382
>>81645892
>>81646636

I'm impressed they built physical models for the ship, gizmonic institute, and the countdown movie doors

but like others said, its just feels like an empty remake, where they check off boxes every time they do something like the original
>>
>>81648330
This.
Felicia Day blew past her prime in like less than a year, she looks way older than she actually is.
>>
>>81646050
>Wil Wheaton
>Patton Oswalt
>Felicia Day

It's like they deliberately plotted against us. I couldn't come up with a (realistic) worse trio myself.
>>
>>81646028
this
>>
>>81648556
Is Wil Wheaton in anything other than literally the first 5 minutes of the first episode? You're complaining about a cameo.
>>
I'm only two episodes in, so maybe they show up again later, but why did they bother throwing Pearl, Brain Guy, and Bobo in? They didn't do anything. Also, the old Bobo makeup job somehow looks better than it does here.
>>
I fucking hate whoever is playing Jonah, he is an insufferable unfunny nu-male bitch boy with an annoying voice. They could've gotten almost anyone else to replace him and it would've been better. Crow is okay, Tom just needs to stop trying so hard to imitate OG Tom because he doesn't have the same voice.
>>
>>81648965
It just bugs me that Jonah, Tom, and Crow all have an almost identical slightly high pitched nasally voice. Not to mention that Crow and Servo seem to have lost their distinct personalities, and they don't seem to have any dynamic with Jonah, unlike the "father/child" relationship they had with Joel, and the "love/hate" relationship they had with Mike, where they were constantly fucking with him.
>>
>>81648512
She's almost 40 and looks it anon
>>
>>81649128
>the "father/child" relationship they had with Joel, and the "love/hate" relationship they had with Mike, where they were constantly fucking with him.
Yes. The reason the Joel to Mike crossover worked so well is that even though they changed the fundamental dynamic of the character's relationship they replaced it immediately with a different but still fully formed dynamic and had a distinct point of view. With this they just sat on the fence and didn't go in any one particular direction, they're just sort of "buddies" or something. Whereas previously with Joel the humor would arise from him periodically gently scolding the robots
>settle down, honey
>okay that's enough, dear
And with Mike the robots were looking for any opportunity to take him down a peg
>kind of looks like your prom date there, eh Mike?
Jonah's relationship with the robots is so undefined that they may as well be strangers, and unfortunately it seems like that's where a lot of the humor came from.
>>
I'm watching it, and I'm pretty annoyed by Patton Oswalt.

>Hey, let's not hire any good comedians on this because I'm just so good guys
>GUYS
>GUUUUUUUYS

Fuck you Patton. Between Habbibal Burress and Bill Burr it could have been a blood bath. Instead it's just, "MUH WRITING IS SO GOOD HOW THIS GUYS THERE'S A TREE THERE DID YOU KNOW THERE WAS A TREE?"
>>
>>81649510
>Whereas previously with Joel the humor would arise from him periodically gently scolding the robots
>>settle down, honey
>>okay that's enough, dear
I liked it when they just completely reversed that relationship with Mike like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmVnjLJ-RBA
>>
>>81644382
Watched Reptillicus and it made me thankful there are so many real MST3K episodes I still haven't seen.
>>
>>81649568
Haha, I forgot about that. Yeah, that was infinitely funnier than the new sketches, and ultimately it's because the characters had a point of view. They made a choice and they stuck to it.

It's like the new writers only ever heard about the show, but never really watched it or understood it.
>>
>>81649709

I was watching this new one and I was thinking "why aren't they tearing this shit apart? It's so clear that Patton wrote this crap. It's so listless and dubious. It's just crap.

Some of it was just so bad that I expected a fat Patton to show up on screen like "AWWW just kidding, I hate what I'm doing too!"
>>
>>81649801

To add- it's extremely funny when he's racist without knowing he is.

Racist humor is actually funny. Even when it's against you. Oh right, we actually hate those people!
>>
>>81649801
>It's so clear that Patton wrote this crap. It's so listless and dubious. It's just crap.
That's not Patton's writing style at all. He's written for multiple roasts, dude can be vicious if he needs to be. I think the toothlessness of the tone of the riffs probably stems from an overall mandate to make the show more broad in it's appeal. Watching it, I just get the impression that early on in the writing process there was a decision made to offend as few viewers as possible. You have to remember Jonah Ray started off his comedy career working in a duo with Anthony Jeselnik. They could have been way more savage if they wanted to, but it just seems like there was a collective decision to pull their punches, rather than one person taking the reins and ruining it.
>>
>>81644500

You're not wrong, because it's trying to be politically correct when it shouldn't be. They want to see if they can get on PBS.

Switch to include a fat tiny Patton swimming around the screen like a blowfish. Material granted.

You suck.
>>
>>81650138

Fair enough, but I don't like his verbal material. I'd be in that writing room like "what did Patton say? Let's not do that ever."

Dads are death for comedy. It's always fallowed by "I'm a dad now."

It always changes you, always.
>>
>>81644382
>see this on Netflix last night
>hey, maybe I'll give it a shot
>Patton Oswald appears

I couldn't hit back fast enough
>>
>Introducing the ghost of Patton Osalts wife

That cutting '''commentary'''' just felt wrong

Downvoted
>>
>>81650272
>Dads are death for comedy. It's always fallowed by "I'm a dad now."
I don't want to get too far off topic, but I'm curious why you'd think that. I agree that it's definitely an easy pitfall less savy writers can fall into, but I'd argue so is being preoccupied with any personal obsession that bleeds into your writing.

I'm on dangerous ground here, but Louis CK rose to fame by making himself into "the dad that shits on his kids" on stage. I think being a parent can certainly effect your writing, ESPECIALLY when you write comedy, but as a rule I don't think it has to.
>>
>>81650450

It's not good.

It's a "literally who" of comedy. I see where you have to be nerdy and/or subjective. That's not what we need now.

We should be eviscerating these films.
>>
>>81650533

You're on dangerous grounds, for sure.

He shit on everybody, before that. His kids were fair game as such. We lauded him for that because he didn't see them as a lack of bounds.
>>
Joelfags on suicide watch
>>
>>81648512
>>81649255
It's true how fast it happened though

Like she went from being moderately cute to being a terrifying harpy in a six month period in 2012, I've never seen anyone's looks fuck up so quickly
>>
>>81650565
>It's a "literally who" of comedy
In the context of MST3k, none of these people were literally who enough. The whole reason the original was so loved is because it was sincere, just a bunch of mid-western nobodies that got together to make a fun little show on a shoestring budget making fun of bad movies. They could mock this shit precisely because they were nobodies. As soon as you start getting actual professional actors to do it on a massive budget the question of "oh yeah, and I suppose you're a better actor/writer/director?" starts coming to mind, and that may be what they're trying to avoid by being all nice about it.

Didn't work though, these guys are hacks.
>>
File: le numale faec.png (60KB, 151x151px) Image search: [Google]
le numale faec.png
60KB, 151x151px
Drumpf is really fucking things up? I mean it's 2017, we should all be having gay sex and I mean, borders are just outdated, wouldn't you agree? Anyway want to watch some SNL? The new star wars just came out so I hope there's some pop culture references there, maybe Hillary can stab Drump with a lightsaber or something? HAHAHA. Oh yeah I forgot to mention I got some of my homebrew IPAs in the fridge, come and try them. They're extra hoppy, so I hope you're man enough to handle 'em - hahaha didn't mean that in a sexist way though, in case you were offended.
>>
>>81650611

I'll even add-

What kids are we talking about?

Are we attacking children in the ether? I mean, fuck off then. That sounds like a good film title but I don't give a fuck

"Children In the Ether"

So smart, such intelligence, give him tons of awards! Nobel prize incoming!

Retards.
>>
>>81644382
Look at those quirky faces they're making. Boy oh boy, we sure got some nerds here! Looking forward to nerding out with my fellow nerds.
>>
>>81650796

If that made you think I'll get banned for this and fuck you-

https://www.water4.org/fightfortheforgotten
>>
>>81650780

(not) sorry to say this, /pol/, but your orange cheeto hitler is going to be impeached
>>
>>81650912
impeachment for what exactly?
>>
File: IMG_2753.gif (24KB, 181x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2753.gif
24KB, 181x200px
>>81644382
Is that Patton "wife "overdose"" Oswalt?
>>
What are the best MTS3K episodes? what are the quintessential episodes? You guys are making me think the two or three episodes I've seen happened to be mediocre ones.
>>
>>81650912
Fuck Drumpf and fuck white people!!
>>
>>81650822
I'm pissed because although I agree with you that the commercialization of "nerd culture" is annoying, I find your jaded cynical attitude to be equally as annoying.

I feel like a man without a country.
>>
>>81651019
lol the people who try to use this format for jokes are always so painfully unfunny
>>
>>81651077
I find YOUR jaded cynical attitude to be equally as annoying.
>>
>>81651114
I agree ,Patton is a hack
>>
>>81651077
I find your lack of faith disturbing XD
>>
>>81651030
My favourites in no particular order:

>Riding With Death
>The Puma Man
>Escape 2000
>Time Chasers
>Devil Doll
>Hobgoblins
>Overdrawn at the Memory Bank
>Space Mutiny
>Merlin’s Shop of Mystical Wonders
>The Final Sacrifice
>Final Justice
>Jack Frost
>MST3k: The Movie
>Prince of Space
>The Deadly Bees
>Quest of the Delta Knights
>The Incredible Melting Man
>>
>>81651077
There's a disturbance in the force( Star Wars reference for those unaware )
>>
>>81651030
It's cool to hate the manos episode, but manos.
>>
File: IMG_1324.png (150KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1324.png
150KB, 750x1334px
>>81651190
>I agree ,Patton is a hack
Ugh. Jesus Christ is it ever annoying when you people throw around the word "hack" misuse it entirely. It's getting to be as bad as when "cuck" got popular.

For context, I'm also the guy that gets mad when people pronounce the T in "often"
>>
>>81651279
>It's cool to hate the manos episode
Is that a plebbit thing?

>but manos
Someone who has only seen 3 MST3k episodes should not watch Manos. That's best left for when you go through the whole show instead of trying to get into it.
>>
>>81646255
What the fuck, just look for the movies then? Why are you watching this?
>>
>>81644382
I wonder what wacky and obscure nerd movies they are gonna watch? Maybe big trouble in little china, or when mars attacks

TRASH
>>
>It's been 24 hours since it was released
>Still haven't found a torrent
Fucking hell guys I'm begging you here, where's the fucking torrents?
>>
>>81651559
I'm sorry its Mars Attacks!,
>>
I watched another one.

>how many severely ugly Jews am I going to have to fuck until I'm an actress?

Oh my god I hate this shit. We should honestly put American Jews on trial after this.

>UUUEEEEEWWWW you mean we weren't alright fucking these women?

No, pretty much no.

>EEEEEEUUUUUUWWW aren't they fair game at sixteen EEEEEUUUUUUWWW

Nope, pretty much not, again.

>*scatter like cockroaches*

I'm Jewish myself and I'm just like, WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?
>>
Never understood why they are bringing it back when the original cast (Not THE original cast but Mike, Bill, Kevin) are essentially still doing the show with Rifftrax.

It's like the BBC continuing Top Gear trying to directly compete with Grand Tour, they are always going to lose and just be called a pale imitation, so why fucking bother to begin with?
>>
I'm not a big fan of MST3K but who is the better host? Michael or Joel?
>>
>>81652190
If you're not a big fan then why would you care?
>>
>>81646028
>Bill Corbett
Yeah, you don't want some lousey soundalike, you want a shitty one.
>>
>>81647707
>wants the pacing of the originals
>doesn't like the faux commercial breaks
I think they found this guy in a box of hamdingers
>>
>>81646689
funny thing is, is that they think they are "catering" but fans of the original know this is just a bland cash grab
>>
>>81644382
How the fuck does she keep getting work? I can't for the life of me figure it out.
>>
>>81644382
They picked Patton Oswalt and Felicia Day the two most meme personalities imaginable

This is gonna be horrible cringey "ain't we nerds" garbage.
>>
>>81652911

I don't understand why they didn't just have modern comedians blasting the shit out of this.

>le pedo joke
>funny because I'm a dad joke

It's so clearly written by Oswalt. Rather than having really good comedians fuck with this, he just "stayed true to the source material" and ruined the fuck out of what could have been, fucking hilarious.
>>
>>81645974
He was great a few years back. Now, not so much.
>>
Parents aren't funny until they admit they hate it.
>>
>>81652983

That's what's so fucking weird. They seem like they're catering to mst3k's cult following, but nobody who has actually watched mst3k gives a shit about this.

The actual market they are trying to corner is the convention/Doctor Who crowd who have heard of mst3k, but probably don't have much nostalgia for it.

Not that it matters, but rifftrax and shit like RLM are far better spiritual succesors than this could ever hope to be.
>>
>>81652911
>but fans of the original know this is just a bland cash grab

Yet they funded it anyway.
>>
>>81644382
but anon

it's good
>>
did that horsefaced tart at least suck joel's dick to get on this
>>
>>81653332
You're an idiot
>>
>>81654785
You have to remember that they didn't announce who the stars would be nor that Joel wouldn't be one of them until quite late into the kickstarter, there's probably a lot of people who were tricked.
>>
>>81654864
keep telling yourself that, buddy.
>>
>>81654849
She'd never even heard of it.

>>81654921
#BURN, this easily verifiable detail surely isn't true now that you've said that.
>>
The Mads skits are better than the shit Mike was doing in seasons 8-10.
>>
>>81654985
Go to bed Joel
>>
>>81651030
>Devil Doll
>The Incredible Melting Man
>Samson vs the Vampire Women

I'd put Manos there too, but Manos is a funny movie even unriffed, and it's the only movie I'd say you'd be better off watching it with a group of friends and riffing it yourself instead of watching the MST3K version.
>>
>Felicia Day refused to be in the show unless they gave Wil Wheaton a cameo

The fuck is it with these two? How is it possible for Wil to be even more annoying now than when he was Wesley?
>>
>>81644382
I've never found the original funny.
>>
I saw Rifftrax Live: Samurai Cop the day before this horrendous travesty premiered.

They are still hilarious.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.