[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poe Dameron vs Rogue Squadron

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: didnotrike.png (429KB, 729x685px) Image search: [Google]
didnotrike.png
429KB, 729x685px
Why was Poe Dameron's skills never discussed? I get all the mary sue shit about rey, but how can Poe do what he does without any real resistance, let alone pinpoint storm troopers on the ground.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgB2Wtvkpso
>>
>>81632977
He's the best fighter pilot in the galaxy.
>>
>>81633015

Why have a squadron when he can do it himself?
>>
>>81633146
He probably asks himself that every single time he's in that pit of cocks, my friend.
>>
>>81632977
It's actually a fact that some pilots are simply better, or have an affinity, for pulling more G's than others which makes them better at maneuvering.

This would apply to both space and in atmosphere.
>>
>>81633442

That's a possibility, but in the realm where force exist? I mean Wedge is supposed to be the best next to Luke, prior to the Disney acquisition.

I honestly hope there's some challenge for Poe in the next one or else why even have dogfights?
>>
>>81633512
I always thought Lando was probably right behind Luke and Vader.
>>
File: 1429693771140.jpg (24KB, 488x488px) Image search: [Google]
1429693771140.jpg
24KB, 488x488px
>>81633512
If you recall Poe got shot the fuck down by a Star Destroyer in TFA. He's good, but not infallible. The only really retarded this is how he managed to survive an atmospheric decent and impact on the surface.

Like...at least he and Finn should have been jacked the fuck up at that point. Even if they had a favorable reentry trajectory...TIE's have no shields. Shit should have burned up.
>>
>>81633512
Remember the Jedi order is gone so there'll be lots of Force sensitives who would have in earlier days been found and press ganged by the Jedi.

>>81633146
You can say the same about Richtofen or any number of war heroes. He can't do it himself he just makes it seem like he can.

>>81633687
Space shuttles have no shields and TIEs are assumably better protected than early spacecraft.
>>
>>81633687
He wasn't manning the gun and was flying an aircraft he'd never piloted before like two minutes prior.
>>
File: 1477086985999.jpg (32KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477086985999.jpg
32KB, 640x360px
>>81633879
There's a reason there were no TIES in the battle of Hoth, because somebody with half a brain realized it was stupid. Unless these new double seat TIEs have shields now, it makes no sense.

At least the TIE Striker in Rogue One looked like it might be capable of atmospheric flight, with some lift from the wings.

Don't even argue with me, I'll blow you out of the water on this topic.
>>
>>81633941
He wasn't manning the gun TURRET. He was in control of forward firing weapons, but he wanted to run back to Jakku like a punk bitch.
>>
>>81634077
Well you haven't currently we now know for sure that TIEs can fly in atmosphere and it's always been canon that they could especially if you don't discount the EU like the Rogue Squadron books and vidya. A TIE fighter flying in atmosphere is no more ridiculous than a brick like a Y wing or the MIllenium Falcon. Shields would be great for breaking atmosphere but reality tells us they are not necessary.

Fuck your pleb head canon

Oh and by the way the New TIEs do canonically have shields. According to X Wing miniatures anyway. The only TFA thing I follow.
>>
File: 1480703806385.jpg (35KB, 456x456px)
1480703806385.jpg
35KB, 456x456px
>>81634219
Firstly, a Y wing has never been show flying in an atmosphere in any Star Wars movie. Secondly the Millenium Falcon has downward firing maneuvering thrusters, hence it being shown taking off from a planet several times in the movies.

Your move hot shot.
>>
>>81634392
They're on the ground on Yavin IV and in Rogue One.

Do they teleport into space?
>>
File: 264575-judge-dredd.jpg (63KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
264575-judge-dredd.jpg
63KB, 680x478px
>>81634534
I said hot shot
>>
>>81634333

>New TIEs do canonically have shields

It would be dumb if they didn't with that much of a time gap from EP6.
>>
>why is this one guy who has no character beyond being a pilot good at piloting?
Compare to:
>why is this one scavenger girl from a shithole great at fixing anything, piloting a ship that hasn't flown for decades, using the force, mindtricking, and being instantly adored by friends and respected by enemies?
Yeah, no fucking difference at all.
>>
>>81634392
>Firstly, a Y wing has never been show flying in an atmosphere in any Star Wars movie.
Except in Star Wars when the ships take off? Obvious the original cut it isn't detailed, but considering the Y-Wings are in the same ground-based hangars as the X-Wings are, you can reasonable assume the Y-Wings are among those flashing craft launching into orbit. The Special Edition version directly shows both the Y-Wings and X-Wings in the atmosphere of the Yavin IV moon.

>>81633659
I think Han is a better pilot than Lando. Lando was never described to be a particular excellent pilot (servicable, sure, but not top-tier by any means). His main schtick that landed him a General rank in the rebellion was because of a tricky plan against pirates at Taanab, and not necessarily because of his flying skills.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.