[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tv/, i just realized something that will be self-explained in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (70KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
70KB, 480x360px
/tv/, i just realized something that will be self-explained in a few points:

1. There were thousands of horror films made in the past few decades, of all kinds.
2. Cockroaches are the most widespread, stealthy, and fast moving motherfuckers.
3. They are nasty as fuck, and mostly move around when night falls, and like to go into homes through open windows and openings into the warm.
4. Resilient as fucked.
5. Everyone is afraid of them even though there is realistically no reason for it.

So how come there is no horror movie about cockroaches around the world going haywire, attacking humans, entering their mouths or ears while they sleep and similar, nesting inside them and eating them and generally attacking them?

Wouldn't they be even more fearsome than zombies?
>>
no because roaches run for powerups rather than attacking
>>
i take it you've never seen terraformars

its not even that great but the idea has been done
>>
roaches are super cute, though.
>>
>>81628094
Terraformars is more about making fun of blacks under the guise of roaches, than making fun of roaches under the guise of blacks.

The real horrid thing about roaches is their size which is large enough to be disgusting, and small enough to be a danger as well as a Xenomorph type nesting horror.

We need proper western Roach-kino.
And i don't mean Turkish wars.
>>
File: flyingcockroach.jpg (11KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
flyingcockroach.jpg
11KB, 275x275px
Flying roaches are cute.
>>
JOHJ JOHJ JOH JOHJ
>>
I liked the Mimic movies.
>>
I've been writing a horror story in my head about cockroaches for years. Basically it involves a Sutter Cane type character who wants to purge humans and give roaches their proper place as the most efficient, survivable lifeform on the planet. The guy wrote a book back in the 70s about how humans are the only species that supports their crippled or disfigured members, like giving them wheelchairs or glasses instead of killing them. Cut to present day and people in a major city are being found dead, eaten alive from the inside by roaches. Then a literary reporter gets caught up in the man's plot to release roach eggs into public waterways or something, idk yet. The reporter is the protag and the story uses him to reveal the full scope of the roach man's plan.
>>
>>81628161

>Terraformars is more about making fun of blacks under the guise of roaches, than making fun of roaches under the guise of blacks.

i'm not entirely sure about that, i just think that the japanese are very insensitive to what might be perceived as racism

i think a roach kino based on radiation would be pretty terrifying. you expose some roaches to massive amounts of gamma radiation, and they increase in size to be able to fight a human 1vs1 (and eat them). or maybe it exponentially increases their breeding potential to even higher amounts. just have an entire town filled with roaches. at the very least it'd be a good twilight zone/black mirror episode
>>
>>81627987
Creepshow
>>
>>81627987
>5. Everyone is afraid of them even though there is realistically no reason for it.
My hypothesis is that humans evolved to be afraid of bugs because many are poisonous and it's better to be safe than sorry. There's a startle reaction built into us as poison prevention.
>>
>>81628365
>i think a roach kino based on radiation would be pretty terrifying. you expose some roaches to massive amounts of gamma radiation, and they increase in size to be able to fight a human 1vs1 (and eat them). or maybe it exponentially increases their breeding potential to even higher amounts. just have an entire town filled with roaches. at the very least it'd be a good twilight zone/black mirror episode

so boring and predictable schlock straight from a cheesy 50s "horror" movie? no thanks
>>
>>81627987
>Everyone is afraid of them even though there is realistically no reason for it.

You just mentioned a whole bunch of reasons though.
>>
>>81628365
Nah, that would be cheesy.

Roaches are already terrifying enough as is.

Just make it so that the number of roaches has increased to the point where they've infested everything and there is no way to get rid of them, ever.
>>
>>81628501
The point is that cockroaches aren't aggressive beings, and don't really attack humans and animals.
The only cases of roaches eating something from humans is hair and nail and dead skin, and basically anything that's a dead cell.
They eat decaying wood, decaying plants, sewage, anything that nobody else wants to eat.

Another hilarious thing is that roaches hate dust and dirty places. They are known to prefer cleaner routes from experiments and observation,
and what truly attracts them is the smell of another roach (especially dead ones that are squashed as you explode their pheromones and smell when you apply force to kill them).

They are interesting little shits.
>>
>>81628478

there aren't many angles that you could play it at. a roach is like a hundredth of an adult human's size. if you've ever lived in a shitty apartment or been extra filthy for a while you stop being scared of roaches. i think human sized cgi roaches with modern technology would be pretty scary and funny at the same time. if you can't put any humor or campiness in a story about bugs its bound to fail

>>81628272

this is pretty good, reminds me of: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-611
>>
>>81628663
>Just make it so that the number of roaches has increased to the point where they've infested everything and there is no way to get rid of them, ever.

Start spreadin' the news, I'm leavin' today
I want to be a part of it, New York, New York
These vagabond roach legs are longing to stray
Right through the very heart of it, New York, New York

I want to wake up in a city that doesn't sleep
And find I'm king of the crevices, top of the heap

These little town blacks are melting away
I'll make a brand new start of it, in old New York
If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you , New York, New York

New York, New York
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps
And find I'm A-number-one, top of the list,
King of the crevice, A-number-one

These little town blacks are melting away
I'm gonna make a brand new start of it in old New York
A-a-a-nd if I can make it there, I'm gonna make it anywhere
It's up to you, New York, New York

New York
>>
>>81627987
No I remember watching a movie on USA up all night. Typical 70s-80s b movie trash, but mutated giant roaches were the monster.
Really creepy scene where a roach-queen snips the top of someone's skull off with its mandibles. Freaked me the fuck out as a kid.
>>
>>81628211
I used to know some girl online who bred those for personal use. She sometimes filmed herself while she held them in her mouth.

No idea what happened to her. She was an autistic schizophrenic.
>>
>>81628475
>humans evolved to be afraid of bugs because many are poisonous
Humans evolved from bug eaters. Its what started us down the road of being omnivores and the high protein diet helped power our brains.
>>
>>81628761
>>81629038

after reading all the posts in the thread i've got a slightly better idea: take some post apocalyptic wasteland (not going to bother explaining how it happens) where humans are forced to breed and eat roaches as their primary source of food. people that eat the roaches undergo physical transformations and lots of body horror ensues
>>
>>81628379
Correct.

https://youtu.be/0Xfrs32LWbM
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.