[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 8

What went so right?
>>
The Cromartie/SWAT pool shootout scene is one of my favorite TV scenes of all times.
>>
>>81613055
>>
File: ts81ks6v5blxkpupoypu.jpg (177KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ts81ks6v5blxkpupoypu.jpg
177KB, 640x480px
>>81613349
AND I HEARD
>>
Is it really good? Or just hipster opinion?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79KB, 1920x1080px
>>81613349
>>81613387
>>81613418
I never understood tonally why he was depicted so sympathetically

I don't even mean late in the series when he was reprogrammed into the "John Henry" character, I mean literally so many scenes felt like, "He's just a brave, persistent, hard working guy fighting against the odds on an epic quest to shoot a kid in the face to make sure the human race goes extinct by 2030"

It's especially jarring if you compare to to Terminator 2 where Robert Patrick's character was clearly a huge asshole
>>
File: TERMINATOR-GALLERIES.jpg (63KB, 574x792px) Image search: [Google]
TERMINATOR-GALLERIES.jpg
63KB, 574x792px
Was The Beastmaker a possible homage to Arnolds Conan?

>>81613452
Best make your own opinion
>>
File: Imaginative Play.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Imaginative Play.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>81613568
I wondered this too, his death in the church was saddening maybe they already had Vick Chamberlain to play the clear cut scary killer T888 and decided to go further with Cromartie.
>>
>>81613568
>>81613936
It seemed clear that when he got decapitated in the pilot something went haywire in his programming. He ended up developing an internal morality centered around killing John Connor, and this kind of quasi-religious fervor can be captivating. He wasn't just a machine doing a job anymore, he was somebody with conviction who was absolutely sure he was doing the good and moral thing by eradicating that little shit.

They coupled this with giving him minor "pet the dog" moments

>when he first spares Ellison at the big shootout, then personally kills another Terminator to protect Ellison
>when he holds the cop at gunpoint in Mexico and asks him where John went, the cop answers and he smiles and says "thank you" then shatters all audience expectation when walks away without shooting the guy
>when the horrible foster home girl throws a screeching fit in his car and he simply pushes her out the door while driving at 10 miles per hour instead of actually hurting her - they even show her roll on the sidewalk, stand up and continue shouting abuse at him as he drives off
>>
File: rip cromartie.png (366KB, 644x490px) Image search: [Google]
rip cromartie.png
366KB, 644x490px
>>81613568
>>81613936
This was all I could think of when I watched that scene
>>
>>81614332
Great insight, he did go off the rails a bit in his conviction and unintentional or not it helped immensely that Dillahunt has played religiously themed roles before/after the show. He is just really good at playing stoic characters, like he was delivering gods righteous justice but instead his unshaking belief in the primary mission
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.