[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why don't they make good crime films anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: thief.jpg (64KB, 560x353px) Image search: [Google]
thief.jpg
64KB, 560x353px
why don't they make good crime films anymore?
>>
>>81607502
Most crime is done by hackers now
>>
>>81607502
I hope you're not holding that up as a good crime film.

>hey bitch, I just met you but let's get married
>lol we can't adopt kids so I'm gonna fuck over this mafioso

James Caan is such a shitty actor. The only thing this movie had going for it were the visuals(which all Mann films have) and being Dennis Farina's first appearance.
>>
>>81607630
Try to pay attention when you watch films.
>>
>>81607502
Because with crime people get hurt in & around it. This generation of stick-bundlers would flee from theatres in search of a 'safe-space'...
>>
>>81607502

tv series do it better
>>
>Michael Mann'sThief

The birth of Drivecore
>>
>>81607630
(you)
>>
>>81607693
so now that we are done memeing, I think the real answer is that alot of ideas revolving around crime movies has already been done.

Sure you could remake one or have a spiritual successor, but as far as creative ideas go its difficult to top whats already out there. Not saying its not possible, but in this creative barren wasteland that hollywood has created its unlikely.
>>
File: pauline-kael.jpg (27KB, 233x331px) Image search: [Google]
pauline-kael.jpg
27KB, 233x331px
>Grandiloquent masochism of the kind an adolescent boy might fantasize. With rain outside and smoke inside, this Chicago-set movie is almost a parody of film noir: it's the underworld movies of the 40s and 50s made volcanic and abstract and existential. This is the first theatrical feature by the writer-director Michael Mann, and he has designed it like a choo-choo train to the box office. James Caan is the big-time safecracker who wants to take his bundle and retire, marry, have a nice house, and raise a family. But the corrupt System won't let him. The film is hyper-animated by this conception of existential tragedy: the thief--a loner in pain, the embodiment of a macho mystique--must learn that he's free only when he doesn't care about life and has nothing to lose. The film sets up an improbable character in a series of rigged situations and then leaps to universal despairing conclusions. Mann belongs to the pressure-cooker school of filmmaking: Tangerine Dream's synthesized electronic music pulsates like mad, and the cinematography (by Donald Thorin) is so snazzy it overwhelms the action.
>>
This movie was pure shit. It ruined my record of only bringing kino to movie night. The ending shootout was laughably bad.
>>
>>81607620
Can a hacker Jimmy a truck lock? Didn't think so, pal.
>>
Drive

But you are right. I really miss that kins of 70's/80's crime film. They just don't make em like that anymore.
>>
>>81608109
That was Le Samourai but I still like Thief the best
>>
not that same era but how was Live by night?
>>
File: 1487525462880.jpg (93KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
1487525462880.jpg
93KB, 640x464px
>>81608791
>tfw learned how to pick locks in InfoSec
>>
>>81608828
An agenda dressed up as a movie. Not good at all.
>>
>>81608815
This. Le samourai is the grandfather of all autism core
>>
>>81608755
She sounds like she has a huge dick
>>
>>81608847
That's why everyone hates you Argonian fuckin' shitters
>>
>>81608774

State your previous 3 offerings to said night.
>>
>>81607502
Same reason we don't get good comedies.
>>
>>81608791
>Can a hacker Jimmy a truck lock?
>explodingvan.jpg
>>
>>81608926
NCFOM, Heat, and Apocalypto.
>>
>>81608774
>This movie was pure shit.
You're pure shit.
>>
File: Game lets you play as a dragon.png (775KB, 550x698px) Image search: [Google]
Game lets you play as a dragon.png
775KB, 550x698px
>>81608918
I'll break into your lock in ten seconds baby
>>
>>81608986
Nothing wrong with playing it safe anon.
>>
>>81609041
At least I didn't choose Goodfellas or Pulp Fiction.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.