[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did he shoot Terry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: long goodbye ending.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
long goodbye ending.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
Why did he shoot Terry?
>>
Because Terry killed his own wife.

That's wrong.

Marlowe doesn't let wrong things pass; he makes them right.

And Terry had lied to him, made him look like a fool. And Marlowe didn't want a Terry who did what Terry done to be alive.

Plus it's funny.
>>
>>81604469
it's part irony, his 'friend' went to so much trouble to manipulate everyone into thinking he was dead when in the end Marlowe kills him and gets away with it easy.
>>
>>81604602
>>81604627
Basically this

Did anyone else feel that there were maby similarities to the third man? Even the ending shots are very similiar.
>>
>>81604705
I hadn't thought about that before but I can see it. Altman's wry take on the beautifully hard-nosed ending of Reed's masterpiece.

I'd have to rewatch the two endings to comment of the visual similarities.
>>
>>81604469
Marlowe was already pissed off about losing his cat. Add in that shit about Terry killing his wife and making Marlowe look like an idiot, the boy had to die.

Seriously, Elliot Gould is so good in this movie.
>>
>>81605705
Jim Bouton too. I love that he's in the movie, and he ain't even half bad. In fact he's good.
>>
>>81605755
Is this the only movie he was ever in?
>>
>>81605957
Far as I know, aside from some cameos and TV. He was genuinely good in it too, it's a shame he didn't do more.
>>
>>81604469
cause he lost his cat
>>
I'm kind of annoyed that it pisses all over a brilliant book.
>>
If I had to pick one favorite movie, this would probably be the one.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.