[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was one a success but the other a bomb?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: scarjo.jpg (213KB, 1512x434px) Image search: [Google]
scarjo.jpg
213KB, 1512x434px
Why was one a success but the other a bomb?
>>
With Lucy people were willing to give Black Widow a shot because they didn't know any better
>>
Because people knew Scarlett was too fat for Major.

Too fat.
>>
>>81602196
lucy was simpler and the story was made so everybody could think of himself as superpowerbeeing who just has no full brainfunction.

shell was already made stupid enough for a general audience but seemed still distant to the average consumer.
>>
Would have sold more tickets if she went nude as Major like in the anime
>>
Lucy was honestly the worst movie ive ever seen. Horrible plot and the lead girl was a terrible actress 1/10 just because i was dumb enough to sit through it all
>>
>>81602196
one had Morgan Freeman narrating the trailer
>>
>anime fangays don't like the live action because it's shit
>normies don't like anime live actions at all and won't see it

that's why
>>
>>81602614
But she isn't nude. It's like calling a mannequin in a shop 'nude', yeah you might win an argument on technicality but since it's a fucking mannequin who the fuck cares? And don't say SJW care, I know they're trying to give inanimate objects rights.

>>81602640
Freeman literally narrates like a good 5 min of bollocks about evolution and then gets shoved into it.
>>
GiTS has made 110 million at the box office. Heading for a profit.
>>
>>81602196
some people still thought Hollywood was good in 2014
>>
>>81602196

Luc Besson vs a literal who
>>
>>81602645
>anime fangays don't like the live action because it's shit
i'm an anime fangay and i thought it was just fine
>>
>>81602811
>implying johnny pleb knows or cares who directed what
>>
>>81602722
Need to double that to cover advertising costs
>>
File: 1.jpg (34KB, 450x431px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
34KB, 450x431px
because she didn't turn into a flashdrive tower at the end
>>
>>81602196
It's funny because everything is better than Lucy was.
GOTS is only slightly shittier than the anime. 6/10
>>
>>81602196
Stop trying to make anime real, it's never gonna be real.
>>
>>81602639
I fastforwarded at least half of the movie. It was an atrocious mess of a plot with zero suspense, lame action and some of the worst science ever conceived.
>>
>>81602196
Because Lucy sold more tickets, duhh...
>>
>>81602614
>>81602693
She's not nude morons, it's flesh toned in the anime. You can see the neckline and at the end when she rips her limbs apart trying to open the tank you can see the suit tearing off too.
>>
>>81602639
This.
It was limitless on drugs with superpowers based on """science""", and horrible acting.
People realized how bad she is and simply don't watch her movies anymore
>>
The general audience doesn't care about hard fantasy scifi unless it's based on something every Normie would know.
>>
>>81602196

Ghost in the Shell was terrible, dumbed-down, shit-garbage.

But it was still a hundred times better than Lucy.
>>
2014 Scarjo sold tickets but 2017 Scarjo doesn't is that what you're telling me
>>
>>81602196
Because one was good and one was weeb shit
>>
the successful one was 30 minutes shorter and not about a subject everyone already has expectations for.
>>
>>81602722
>Heading for a profit.

It's fucked mate. Reminder that DragonBall Evolution made a profit and GiTS wont
>>
>normies
>liking anything anime related

Ayy lmao I could have saved them $100 million and told them not to bother making it.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.