[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BRAVO KUBRICK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: sh_helicopter2.jpg (390KB, 1000x749px) Image search: [Google]
sh_helicopter2.jpg
390KB, 1000x749px
BRAVO KUBRICK
>>
>>81599445
Wait a moment... why in the FUCK is that helicopter shadow there?

I thought Stan Kubrick was a perfectionist...
>>
>>81599483
Hes critisizing the false artifice of film making by drawing attention to the helicopter, just as he focuses on the shallow superficiality of the horror genre itself
>>
the ghost the haunts him was a helicopter pilot in the war
its following him to the hotel
>>
>>81599483
It'd be weirder if there wasn't a shadow, because then it be ambiguous as to who or what took the shot. The audience could speculate that aliens took the shot, and are somehow relevant to the plot. But this takes any such speculation out of the question. The shot then becomes more human and grounded, as the audience is made aware that it is in fact the film's crew filming, and they can then focus on the relevant aspects instead of getting suck on what alien may or may not have took the shot.
>>
File: 1455037304764.jpg (247KB, 1444x1198px) Image search: [Google]
1455037304764.jpg
247KB, 1444x1198px
>>81599483

>why in the FUCK is that helicopter shadow there?

Because Kubrick is a hack.

>>81599640

>kubrick apologists right on cue
>>
>Stanley there's a shadow of the helicopter in this shot, should we cut that out?
>Fuck! Fuck.... god damnit! FUCK!
>Stanley we can just cut it o...
>No you idiot! It's timed perfectly to line up with Jack's face in the picture at the end, so in 20 years when someone plays it backwards and forwards at the same time it matches up with the car. FUCK! FUCKING SECOND UNIT ASSHOLES!
>Well I mean we could...
>Look just leave it... I'm a fucking legend. They'll say I'm highlighting the superficiality of the medium or some gay shit. Yeah, leave it in! HAHAHA KUBRICK WINS AGAIN HAHAHA!!
>>
>>81599483

wtf i hate kubrick now
>>
>>81599668
this actually happened
>>
>>81600889
There is no way in hell Stanley would swear. He's too smart.
>>
>>81599664
>>81599640
>>81599568
>>81599483
You are all unironically retarded, the shadow is there because it's not framed in the original format and was cut out in the original edit but when it was adapted they didn't give as much of a fuck
>>
>>81599664
Showa Godzilla is kino. Kino I say!
>>
...am I the only one who doesnt see it?
>>
>>81601648
Premiss: Stan Kubes knew what was being filmed
Premiss: Stan Kubes knew what cropping was
Premiss: Stan Kubes knew what television aspect ratios were
Premiss: Stan Kubes let it go anyway
Conclusion: Kubes was not a perfectionist
>>
>>81601778
you see the dark tadpole looking dark spot in the bottom right corner? thats a helicopter shadow
>>
>>81601783
>kubrick didn't know that years into the future his movie would be altered and framed wrong by some dipfuck and that says something important about him as a filmmaker

Kubrick contrarians are way worse than kubrick fanboys
>>
>>81601838
http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0114.html

Die, poseur.
>>
>>81601648

The fact that so many people still name Stanley Kubrick as the greatest or most significant or most influential director ever only tells you how far film still is from becoming a serious art.

Contemporary film makers never spoke highly of Kubrick, and for good reason. They could never figure out why his movies should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that Kubrick was simply lucky to become a folk phenomenon (thanks to the Space Race, which had nothing to do with his film making merits). That phenomenon kept alive interest in his (mediocre) films to this day.

Kubrick sold a lot of copies of his films not because he was the greatest director but simply because his films were easy to sell to the masses they had no difficult content, they had no technical innovations, they had no creative depth. He shot a bunch of catchy 3-minute scenes with some decent cinematography. If somebody had not invented the Space Race in 1957, you would not have wasted two minutes of your time reading this post about such a trivial director.
>>
File: bluth.gif (486KB, 238x155px) Image search: [Google]
bluth.gif
486KB, 238x155px
>>81601975
>>
>>81601975
how the fuck did he get away with ripping off ophuls so blatantly?
>>
LIsten you autists the shadow is clearly a reference to the he shadow government of elites that run the world and operate pedo rings for black mail and extortion purposes because kubrik faked the moon landing
>>
>>81601975
>you would not have wasted two minutes of your time reading this post
>two minutes
Are you retarded?
>>
File: 1456109169707.jpg (116KB, 864x759px) Image search: [Google]
1456109169707.jpg
116KB, 864x759px
>>81602014

>he cant dispute any other points so picks out the easiest one to argue

Good job. Keep it up Kubrick Internet Defense Force
>>
>>81602084
Seriously though, two minutes?
>>
>>81599668
Yeah, this guy has it right...
>>
>>81601975
Nice pasta
>>
>>81602583
Great job ruining a post just because you're a moron.
>>
>>81601891
Do you know how to read? His shot was the one with the rotor blades slightly visible, he says the shadow (which is what this thread is about) was not his crew
>>
>>81602596
>two minutes
srsly tho
>>
>>81602596
>F-fuck, now you ruined m-my pasta, m-moron

Okay bud, i know it must've been a lot of work taking the Scaruffi pasta about the Beatles and replacing everything with Kubrick-related
>>
>>81602603
Holy shit >>81601891 BTFO
>>
>>81602727
you've never done any work replacing anything
>>
>>81602778
>being this mad over a pasta

wew
>>
>>81602823
why don't you shut the fuck up
>>
>>81602836

Okay friend, sorry that i rustled your jimmies, please dont report me..
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.