[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Game Films: Future Cash Franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (9KB, 187x269px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 187x269px
What would you like to see?

I'd like to see a Nicholas Winding Refn directed Grand Theft Auto set in 1976 New York City about three associates, the trio are called "the losers" who get locked up for nine year and 1985 Miami three guys sent down there for the Gambetti family, killing people left and right and setting up a drug operation for a coke-head Capo in the Gambettis, while carving out there own little operation. "The losers" are played by Oscar Isaac, a gay hitman, Jonah Hill as "Josiah The Jew", Isaac's partner/hitman and led by Tom Hardy as the "Irish-American" the car-jacker. Main antagonist is Stanley Tucci as the coke-head Capo for the Gambettis and Adrian Broly as the dog on the leash for the Miami cartel.
>>
>>81595786
kinda autistic post
>>
>>81595786
That poster completely misses the tone of GTA V story. It makes it look like some shitty thriller when it's actually more of a black comedy slice-of-life with different arcs.

In fact any attempt to adapt GTA into a movie or TV show would be a disaster, since half of what makes GTA good is the sandbox gameplay and mechanics. A movie would be at best a The Wire ripoff with some black humor.
>>
>>81595970
Retard it's the Heat poster, which GTA V rips off
>>
>>81595786
sounds retarded
>>
I don't play vidya but I always checkout the latest GTA when it comes out (I've been doing so since Vice City). And is it me or is the storyline for GTA-V a complete pile of shit? Anybody know why?
>>
>>81595996
>It's an anon completely misses the point of another anon's reply episode.
>>81596265
I can second you on this. It had some great elements, but I feel it almost had too much. It may have been that way to back up the whole theme and satire of LA excess, but not enough time was devoted to any of the characters. The only character that really went through an ark of any kind was Michael. Trevor just felt like a plot device half the time, and Franklin was just black gangster man. Usually I can forgive a game for its story flaws if it has a good ending, but V's was also trash. It gives you a decision, but the effects of that decision change nothing beyond you might not be able to play the character you killed off's side missions any more (which changes nothing). They could've at least had a way to kill Franklin, maybe if you chose to pull Michael up, he'd throw Franklin off the edge or something, or if you chose the "happy" ending, it could've resulted in Franklin getting gunned down, or in free roam you would've been hunted by gangs or something I dunno, just something that would reflect the consequences of your choices. Even Mafia 3 managed to do that property
>>
Video games, especially AAA titles which most people want to see films of for some reason, already make more than enough money and are usually more successful than blockbusters.
I don't want to see anymore film adaptations of video games because they're always typically shit because they miss the point.
>>
>>81596512

You know video game studios will start doing a Marvel Studios and DC. With a crime parody - I'd do GTA in the 80's, with sympathetic loser characters with violence that isn't glamourized either, more like "shit, I swear that's the last fucking time I shoot someone in the head, it feels fucking evil", it can be a great crime parody witht he rise of the three losers only for them to lose it all.

Or have a scene with fat Jonah Hill practicing putting on his best tough guy face while putting on pants to some Miami cartel guys.

Have the guys get caught, say it's based on a true story, they're released and attend the premiere of a film about their lives.

It would be the Kingpin of all Black Comedy Crime films.
>>
>>81596888

Even introduce Gosling as one of the best carjackers on the East Coast, as soon as the losers get in, he struggles to get out of a parked area (takes him 5 minutes) then drives really fast into a parked car, killing himself by accident.

You know you want this. With Refn behind the wheel, it'd be excellent.
>>
>>81595786
I would've liked to have seen a Fallout 3 movie.
>>
File: 1333591881416.jpg (91KB, 447x444px) Image search: [Google]
1333591881416.jpg
91KB, 447x444px
>>81595786
>Refn
If anyone were to direct a GTA movie (as retarded as it sounds) it would have to be someone like Shane Black or Martin McDonagh. Even the Coen brothers would do a better GTA film than Refn.
>>
>>81597088
>has never seen any Pusher movie
>>
>>81597119
>doesn't realise GTA isn't a thriller/drama
>>
>>81595786
You need to be 18 and up to use this website.
>>
>>81597320

Doesn't realise that Drive is basically a real world GTA Vice City film.
>>
>>81596888
>You know video game studios will start doing a Marvel Studios and DC.
That's what Ubisoft Motion Pictures was supposed to be. They wanted Fassassin's Creed to be the start of their MCU with plans for Tom Hardy's Splinter Cell and Jake Gyllenhaal's The Division to follow. We saw how that turned out.
>>
>>81597088
I'd watch a Guy Ritchie GTA flick desu
>>
>>81597471

Because the time's not right, wait another 3 years then come out with a Bale Metal Gear film with Bale playing both Solid Snake and Liquid Snake. Have Nolan direct that and set the Metal Gear universe in the real world.

A bi-pedal nuclear tank that can fire off from anywhere in the world is a god-tier antagonist. Make their Nolan changes, get some fighter jet pilots/tank engineers to come up with a functioning Metal Gear, look into human cloning and exoskeletons. Sharlto Copley as Otacon.... Then after Nolan's Metal Gear films. Bam. An American Bale vs. a British Bale would be fucking epic.

Cliff Curtis as Vulcan Raven. Have him pump up and make him tower over Bale. Annabelle Wallis as Sniper Wolf.

Sequel can explore Big Boss, but I'd have Nolan just do what he wants. Obviously have Daniel-Day Lewis as Revolver Ocelot and the main antagonist but really he is the protagonist, Bale's Solid Snake is the puppet.
>>
>>81597967
The MGS movie is already being directed by the bearded hipster who did Kong Skull Island.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.