[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MST3K Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: nuMST3K.jpg (193KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nuMST3K.jpg
193KB, 1920x1080px
Finished watching the new season. If you aren't a backer, you'll be able to see it on Netflix (and presumably Pirate Bay) starting tomorrow.

Jonah is good. Crow is good. Servo is grating at first because he's so different, but turns out to be pretty good. Felicia and Oswald are bad. There are cameos by celebrities and old cast members, but none of them are funny. Overall the skits are similar to the old ones.

The movies are very well chosen. None of them are already memes, there's a wide variety of genres, and there's some interesting celebrities sprinkled in them.

The riffs are a good mix. Some newer pop culture stuff, but also plenty of references to film, literature, music, and old episodes. I was afraid of lazy political jokes, but it didn't happen. I didn't catch a single reference to Trump.

Overall it's very similar in tone and quality to the old series. Old fans who don't hate it on principle will enjoy it. Normies will also enjoy it and it seems pretty likely they'll be able to make more.

Thoughts/questions/meme-based insults?
>>
So it's shit?
>>
>Oswald is bad

Can't believe they still put that wife-murderer on TV
>>
What movies?
>>
how long do felicia and patton actually appear on screen? i remember one thing i hated about the pearl seasons is that it seemed like the villain segments went on for fucking EVER.
>>
none of the backers uploading a torrent?
I guess it is on netflix soon
>>
Is it on Netflix UK at 12 too?
>>
File: movies.jpg (205KB, 1263x939px) Image search: [Google]
movies.jpg
205KB, 1263x939px
>>81588709
see pic

>>81588717
I personally found it less grating than the seasons 8-10 stuff, but the length is similar. The invention exchange is back and there is a small bit of developing story in the last few episodes.
>>
>>81588749
I personally didn't because I like it and I want them to make more.

>>81588818
No idea, sorry.
>>
Thank god no political jokes, I might be able to enjoy it
Yes I am that autistic, I just want comfy episodes that are calming, charming and has good banter that's not "TRUMPS RACIST AMIRITE?"
>>
Do they say shit and fuck or is it still watered down?
>>
>>81589869
Obscenities are just a silly crutch for inarticulate fuckers.
>>
>>81589782
The closest it came was a few riffs with the terms "manspreading" and "mansplaining" used as jokes.

>>81589869
Nope, no cursing.
>>
>>81588899
>I personally didn't because I like it and I want them to make more.
Lol, Joel took your money and ran. Even Netflix are pissed at the deal they got.
>>
>>81588639
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>81588592
Felicia Day is an annoying cunt.
>>
>>81591166
>took your money and ran
But he literally already delivered the promised product... Are you retarded?
>>
What movies did they watch?
>>
>>81591255
You paid for the full production of the episodes, then Netflix paid for the broadcast rights to the episodes, without adding any more. Where do you think the money went, lad?
>>
>>81588639
did he manage to squeeze in some political jabs? that's mostly what I know him from
>>
>>81591297
nvm im retarded
>>
>>81591305
Why should I give a shit about broadcast rights? I paid money to help the episodes get made and they got made. I got exactly what I wanted. Where's the problem?

>>81591308
Nope. He's just an off-brand TV's Frank.
>>
>>81589782
Dude no1 thinks that's autistic, it's shit-tier when The Simpsons does half-assed pandering to the cluelessly "woke", be far worse if an iconic show was revived just to have the humourless fake activism flavour of the week ruin its appeal
>>81590010
Good stuff. Those terms are retarded non-jokes for bitter Twitter virgins, but if they're the only ones you noticed it bodes well for the writers not trying to using that shit as a crutch
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.