[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will they come back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: awesomeslashers.jpg (50KB, 588x400px) Image search: [Google]
awesomeslashers.jpg
50KB, 588x400px
>>
I hope the new Halloween is good. I wouldn't mind the rest of them taking a break for a few years. For some reason, companies seem to neglect the fact that people care about the quality of the movies. You can only market an R-rated horror film so much if it, at its core, is a shit movie. People care about reviews now. They can't keep putting out trash
>>
hopefully never all those movies were shit and horror is the most reddit genre there is
>>
>>81580373
I'm glad you took enough time away from watching rick and morty to let us know how wrong your opinions are
>>
>>81580351
Carpenter approved it apparently,he also became a producer to it.
>>81580373
I'm pretty sure Reddit doesn't like slasherkino.I enjoyed the Wrong Turn series to be honest.
>>
>>81580398
i'm glad you took enough time away form posting on reddit to let us know how reddit you are
>>
>>81580457
That's a good way to tell everyone that you're not smart enough to debate your point, which is wrong by the way.
>>
>>81580504
Anon with a SCATHING comeback, there
>>
File: 1468452714677.jpg (194KB, 654x862px) Image search: [Google]
1468452714677.jpg
194KB, 654x862px
>>81580373
>horror
>reddit
your face right now
>>
>>81580526
Why are you so desperate to make people think you aren't reddit?
I know it's embarrassing but you're just making it more obvious
>>
Halloween is objectively great, as is Texas Chainsaw (I am referring to the originals, naturally). Elm Street is a fun series of movies and I never cared for Friday the 13th.

I don't want more reboots, but I would like to see a new slasher franchise that isn't total shit.
>>
>>81580430
Carpenter's seal of approval means about as much as George Lucas' seal of approval does now.
>>
>>81580504
sup reddit
>>
>>81580606
Sorry, that was actually meant for the other guy's shit reddit reply
>>
>>81580609
Are there any slashers where the evil one is a woman?
>>
>>81580767
sup reddit
>>
>>81580799
Yes. The original Friday the 13th.
>>
Horror movies are fucking retarded. Only children are scared by a guy in a scary mask coming at them with a "scary" chainsaw or blades.

True horror is waking up next to a wife you hate with 3 disappointing children and having to get ready for a job you hate but are stuck with for the next 30 years until you fade into obscurity and are put in a retirement home.
>>
>>81580827
Nigger
>>
>>81580860
No, that's an existential crisis.
>>
I dislike how it's just an unstoppable cocksucker trying to kill people who inexplicably becomes stoppable when it's convenient to move or end the window dressing plot hung around it.
Halloween and the rip off friday the 13th are unwatchably horrible in this regard. Nightmare was shit and texas chainsaw massacre was actually the only one that got better with each sequel (Daddario tits being the plateau).
>>
>>81580643
Sure of Waters Of Mars sucked ass,but Halloween was Prime Carpenter's work.
>>
>>81580609
My nigga.

Out of all the franchise I think that Friday the 13th is the only one that doesn't have a really good movie in it. Sure it's fun to watch and Jason is a really cool character but none of them are actually good movies.

> Nightmare on Elm Street
1 and 3 are both really good. ANOES is weird in that it's one of the few horror franchises where one of the sequels surpasses the original in many fans eyes.

> Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The only good one is the first one, the rest of them are just meh at best. The recent one starring Alexandra DAddario enters so bad that it's good territory though.

> Halloween
I know I'm in the minority but I enjoy the majority of the Halloween movies. 1, 2, 3, 4, and H20 are all good. I'm not delusional though, I know that it's because of the setting that makes me automatically like them a little. I actually don't even hate Resurrection.
>>
>>81580860
>>81580970
wew lad
>>
>>81580989

Ghosts of Mars you mean? The concept is interesting, but that movie was just fucking bad. I have fond memories because I saw it when I was at an age to think it was cool, but it's bad.
>>
>>81580373
>implying capeshit isn't the most reddit genre
>>
>>81580844
It kind of irks me that all masked serial killers are almost exclusively men. A woman cutting your dick off is more likely to happen rather than being chased by a masked serial killer. Closest thing is Teeth.
>>
>>81580991
Friday the 13th pt. 4 and 6 are legitimately good. 4 is a good slasher with standout effects from Savini and top form Jason while 6 has a nice tongue in cheek approach.

Also, don't forget New Nightmare. Neck and neck with the original ANoeS for me.
>>
>>81581212
It's more fun seeing men kill women. No one wants to see women killing men they do that already.
>>
>>81581102
Yeah,Ghosts Of Mars.
>>
>>81580991
>Out of all the franchise I think that Friday the 13th is the only one that doesn't have a really good movie in it.

1-4 & 6 are good.

>The only good one is the first one, the rest of them are just meh at best

Psh. TCM II is great. Not as great as the 1st, but it's FAR better than what came after.

I agree with you only Halloween -- though, I would add 6, even though people hate it. H20 is underappreciated.
>>
>>81581212
The idea is they aren't human anymore, masks are horror shorthand for removing humanity. They're overwhelmingly men because men tend to be naturally larger and have a more imposing frame than women, big beefy backwoods mutant fuckers going atavistic. There's a bunch of weird psychology around it.
>>
I think Halloween 2 was unequivocally the the best in the series.
>>
File: noes02.png (27KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
noes02.png
27KB, 800x600px
>>81580318
never, they were made during the time where people were still scared by shit like this. Today, the only people who are interested in new adventures of freddie, jason, and the rest of the crew are people who grew up watching this films and are hardcore horror movie fans.
>>
>>81580504
He basically said the same thing you did but changed Reddit to Rick and Morty dipshit
>>
>>81581212
why are almost all spoopy ghosts female? i dont even remember seeing a movie where the big bad ghost is a guy.
>>
>>81580373
>reddit genres
>reddit weather
>>
>>81582219
I didn't notice it but thanks. Casper is probably the last male ghost in American film. Even in Amityville remake they use a woman.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.