[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watching Watchmen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: ic-3653.png (2MB, 1041x1076px) Image search: [Google]
ic-3653.png
2MB, 1041x1076px
Watching this for the first time. I'm like 25 minutes in and some animated part just started. Was this part a ripoff of kill bill, the animation sequence I mean?

Well anyway, it's pretty ok so far. What did /tv/ honestly think of this? I hope Comedian somehow comes back, he seemed cool.
>>
ABORT!! That version is horrible. The animation is jarring and breaks up the movie.
>>
>>81565327
Sadly this is actually true.
>>
>>81565301
Fuck the Ultimate Cut.

Watch the Director's Cut. It's the best version available.

I'd say that the Ultimate Cut is fine if you're a fan of the source material, but given how the movie eventually diverges from the source, it's unlikely you'd be happy with it anyways.
>>
Just read the book, you can read it faster than that version anyway
>>
Director's Cut is the best version. The death of Hollis Mason is the best scene Snyder has ever shot.
>>
>>81565327
The track bar says this one is 3 1/2 hours long. Thought I'd check out the bigger one...?
>>
Loved the graphic novel!
Thought the movie was a 3 hour piece of shit waste of time.
>>
>>81565411
Is that scene in the ultimate cut, do you know?
>>
Animated comic book is the true kinosseurs choice
>>
>>81565440
The movie is almost a 1:1 adaptation until the last 20 minutes.
>>
>>81565453

I believe so. Ultimate Cut is the Director's Cut with Tales From the Black Freighter edited in.
>>
File: 1475092877107.jpg (145KB, 480x512px) Image search: [Google]
1475092877107.jpg
145KB, 480x512px
>the HD version of the Midnight Cut won't be released in your lifetime
>>
>>81565916
Ok, now what's the midnight cut?
>>
>>81565517
and those alterations in the last 20 minutes make the faithfulness of the rest of the movie pointless, wasted, and symptomatic of a complete and total lack of understanding of the source material.
>>
>>81565916
do you have cancer or something?

If the movie is re-released, ever, in any form, it'll be in the next ten years. As no one is going to remember it ten years from now.
>>
>>81566129
A fan-edit that makes the movie closer to the comics. Trims some of the fat from the movie but still ends up being 3 1/2 hours by adding in more stuff. It's not amazing but worth checking out.
>>
Manhattan bombs >>>>>>>>>>> squid
>>
>>81566281
guaranteedreplies.jpg
>>
>>81565453
Ye.
The only difference between the two versions is that the Director's Cut doesn't include the animated part.
Fucking great film desu. Fuck muh squid posters.
>>
>>81566401
Kindof enjoying the animated parts desu. I haven't read the comic so do you really know what I am supposed to expect. Really find it intriguing so far.
>>
reminder that "watchmen wasn't shit" is part of the DCEU marketing.
>>
>>81566540
Yup, nobody gave a shit about this movie until Snyder fags started shilling for Snyder.

Also, this is a terrible adaptation of the watchmen. Zach the hack would of course ruin it by making everyone have super powers and no squid.
>>
>>81565428
The Ultimate Cut adds nothing but the animated short. Which as >>81565327 pointed up is completely jarring and cuts to it at some of the worst times.
>>
ANYWAYYYYYY

anyone got recs for movies that indulge in ironic subversion and play with media/pop culture?

the generic pop advertising type music playing during the first scene was hilarious, loved the camera into the tv president stuff too
>>
Snyder himself has said that he thinks the Director's Cut is "where it's at"
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.