[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red Letter Media

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 34

File: RLM (3)~01.jpg (71KB, 662x584px) Image search: [Google]
RLM (3)~01.jpg
71KB, 662x584px
What sets them apart from all their contemporaries?

Why does everyone try to emulate them?
>>
>>81564428
Because they fear Mike after he brainwashed the world into hating the Prequels. Mike is the only reason they get any criticism.

I'm still astonished that he time traveled back to 1999 and showed everyone his video and spread the hate.
>>
Relentless logic, authenticity and fairly witty.

Why do people try to emulate them? It's a fairly simple premise on paper which fools shallow husks in to thinking they can copy their style.
>>
>>81564428
better memes
>>
File: IMG_2077.jpg (47KB, 750x402px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2077.jpg
47KB, 750x402px
>>
Because it's undemanding, bottom-of-the-barrel work.

RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, /tv/, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.
>>
>>81564677
lol i paste text
>>
File: CfOeFbNUkAALfYl.jpg (67KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CfOeFbNUkAALfYl.jpg
67KB, 600x800px
>>81564541
Is he the worst offender?
>>
>>81564711
who is it
>>
>>81564428
The ability to film their content in a way that doesn't look like shit. Almost everyone else, especially back when RLM were just starting, was just one dude staring directly into a shitty webcam in a poorly lit room.
>>
File: 1488229356502.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1488229356502.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>81564731
>he didn't get Stuckmannized
>>
File: tumblr_n3feiz4bt71rjgvl7o1_1280.png (2MB, 1049x925px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3feiz4bt71rjgvl7o1_1280.png
2MB, 1049x925px
The Plinkett videos launched their popularity, and they were able to capitalize on it with a pretty amusing review show with some half decent production values that kept people around. If they only did Half in the Bag from the start it probably would have ended by now from no one watching, but they were able to ride the wave of resentment for the Star Wars prequels to what they have now. They did the work when the timing was good.
>>
Anything Mike says is actually funny even when he's depressed and messes up his words. You often see how other staff genuinely try to hold their laugher.
>>
>>81564986
>staff
You mean "friends" anon. You know, those things that you don't have.
>>
OOHHHH MYYYYY
GAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWDDDDD
>>
File: Octopuff.png (123KB, 276x304px) Image search: [Google]
Octopuff.png
123KB, 276x304px
What was so disturbing about Octopuff that they couldn't even show it on BoTW?
>>
>>81564428
Are they basically the only major e celebs who aren't 20 somethings?
>>
>>81565052
Jay literally says in the episode that it was boring and they have nothing to say about it.
>>
>>81565016
I have freinds. They work with me on my shift at Taco Belle.
>>
>>81565052
>>>/v/
>>
>>81564986
Mike, jay and rich weren't the first to do snarky reviews, but they have been feeding for their format to be a signature, which is key.
That style has also hindered them I think, they're about to break 550k subs where other dumb fanboy movie channels have 1 mil + with sponsor deals, so they actually are doing their own thing while consciously aware they could sell out and don't, which makes me like them.
Or if all the "Internet personalities" red letter media appears to be the most genuine (and best on a technical level, they know their shit and have nice gear)
>>
File: NU-TV Can Fuck Off.jpg (1MB, 2188x1214px) Image search: [Google]
NU-TV Can Fuck Off.jpg
1MB, 2188x1214px
I fuckin love me some fuckin youtoob n shit, fuckin friend simulators n shit ey
>>
>>81565084
>1 mil
convince me that these channels are not botted
>>
>>81565052
8 tentacles, anon
>>
>>81564799
>Almost everyone else, especially back when RLM were just starting, was just one dude staring directly into a shitty webcam in a poorly lit room.
No they did more than that, but it just wasn't funny.
Plinkett had a storyline that made sense and was funny, the interruptions to the view were well shot.
>>
File: rlmillk.jpg (19KB, 305x390px) Image search: [Google]
rlmillk.jpg
19KB, 305x390px
The only correct answer is AIDS AND 9/11.
>>
Because they're actually funny
>>
>>81564567
jay is a pretty hot girl if you completely replace him with someone else
>>
>>81565073
more boring than an insurance company ice dam removal video?
>>
>>81564677
Has anyone ever refuted this?
>>
>>81565104
>Monty Python
>George Carlin
>>
File: Channing.jpg (91KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Channing.jpg
91KB, 620x400px
>>81565827
Never. It's air-tight.

Air. Fucking. Tight.
>>
File: Dennis.jpg (50KB, 599x397px) Image search: [Google]
Dennis.jpg
50KB, 599x397px
>>81564677
>>81565877
77's of truth
>>
File: 1471808164023.jpg (71KB, 647x594px) Image search: [Google]
1471808164023.jpg
71KB, 647x594px
What happened with Jessi? Did Jay actually fuck her or was that a /tv/ maymay?
>>
>>81566034
jay can't maintain an erection unless a mike shaped BEAST is behind him
>>
>Mike walks into a Film 101 class that he was invited to talk at
>Starts taking questions
>White guy with a RLM shirt asks which Italian neorealist director Mike likes best, "I personally like the films of Roberto Rossellini and his influence in the subsequent French New Wave art form."
>Mike gets visibly angry
>"Listen as a white male sometimes you need to shut the fuck up and let minorities speak"
>"You back there" He points to the pitch black man on his Iphone not paying attention
>"I would love to here an opinion from a proud Nubian man like yourself."
>Black guy wipes his lips and shrugs
>"Well I dunno, I mean you think them DC movies can get good an shit?"
>Mike smiles and starts clapping
>"What a wonderful mundane but interesting question."
>He turns to the white guy from before
>"You see that question is real you pale limp dicked fuck, take you college phony film degree and fuck off with your bullshit philosophies."
>White guy starts crying and runs out
>"Finally" mike says "Maybe the rest of you fucking white males should leave as well"
>The white guys look at their teacher
>She shrugs and says "Well you are evil white men"
>They quickly leave with their heads down
>"Now that thats over with lets get down to the real fun!"
>Mike instructs the white women to take off their pants and bend over the front of their desks
>They do so happily
>"Now will all the WELL HUNG BLACK DINGUSES please show these white ladies what real men can do!"
>The Black guys start fucking the white women like theres no tomorrow
>Mike starts jerking off in one hand and filming in the other
>"We aren't stopping until every young white girl in this school is BLACK BRED"
>Mike and the BBCs rove from hall to hall seducing and impregnating white women
>>
File: FaceApp_1492059964881.jpg (25KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1492059964881.jpg
25KB, 250x250px
>>81564860
>>
>>81564428

people tend to admire the spirituality of depressed alcoholics
>>
>>81564428
It helps that they don't shove in references to Minecraft or other "nerdy" shit.
>>
>>81566335
>minecraft

very cool

very cool
>>
File: 1489785025640.jpg (107KB, 1268x673px) Image search: [Google]
1489785025640.jpg
107KB, 1268x673px
>>81564428
Whether it's true or not, they at least seem more genuine than other Youtube kinomeisters. Even their scripted shit feels more akin to the skits in MST3K where they're having fun making cheese.

Let's not talk about Space Cop though.
>>
the constant 4chan shilling
>>
File: Space Cop (2015) - Kino.jpg (328KB, 1280x761px) Image search: [Google]
Space Cop (2015) - Kino.jpg
328KB, 1280x761px
>>81566475
>Let's not talk about Space Cop though.
Is it kino?
>>
>>81564973

This, their success is more a result of timing and/or luck, and has little to do with any incredible creative spark. Essentially they're really good at deadpan nitpicking and delivering one-liners and gimmicks in a way that seems natural. At best, that's what separates them. Also, their work is fairly good at avoiding the very sanitized, slick produced look that de-legitimized most of their early competitors.
>>
>>81566614
>very sanitized, slick produced look that de-legitimized most of their early competitors.
at the same time, they look more professional than everyone on Channel Awesome. they're really good at riding the line
>>
File: Space Cop (2015).jpg (423KB, 1280x761px) Image search: [Google]
Space Cop (2015).jpg
423KB, 1280x761px
>>81566521
Why did you suck
the colour out?
>>
>>81564677

I like the cynicism, by and large modern films flat out suck.

There's catharsis, and delight in seeing all the soulless schlock they pick apart have its comeuppance.
>>
>>81567037
>catharsis
what does this mean
>>
>>81564428
They act like normal humans in front of camera.
>>
>>81564428
They have a set and many cameras, and do discussion type videos instead of vlog-like videos
>>
>>81566475
>Let's not talk about Space Cop though.
I'd honestly be really interested in seeing what they would put out if they made a sincere attempt to make genuine movie, instead of the half-hearted "it sucks on purpose," type stuff they put out when they're not doing comedy bits
i havent seen space cop
>>
>>81565811
>>81565073
>>81565052
Pretty sure it was down to being only 9min long or something. Not much to talk about.
>>
They aren't even funny though. They try to affect this low budget, shitty quality vibe but it just comes across as lazy and half-assed, like they couldn't be bothered to put real effort into their comedy. And it just seems like low hanging fruit to me. A way they can excuse how shitty everything in their productions looks, because "they're not really trying" and "it's supposed to be like that".

I can't even figure out the appeal of these videos. I'm only 27 but I feel like this fad is for people half my age.
>>
Can RLM get 4K cameras so that I can count the pores on their faces?
>>
>>81567388
>They try to affect this low budget, shitty quality vibe but it just comes across as lazy and half-assed, like they couldn't be bothered to put real effort into their comedy.

It's just three guys with Jack and Josh as guests running maybe two sets in a warehouse. What the fuck do you want?
>>
>>81567326
>what they would put out if they made a sincere attempt to make genuine movie

The same level of garbage
>>
The editing. They both like to edit, and it shows.
>>
>>81567326
I think it's more about being cheaper to make combined with their obvious interest in corny B movies than avoiding criticism.
>>
>>81567388
Fuck off grandpa, nobody cares about your decrepit old ass
>>
>>81567326
They've joked about it, but they should make a Blumhouse-style low budget horror movie. They love that shit. Think of a somewhat original premise, practical effects like fake blood and gore, add some humor. I bet they would make something at least watchable, probably even good. Find a distributor, If Len Kabasinski get get his movies distributed then RLM must be able to. They might even get their money back.
>>
>>81568831
I was just thinking this episode about how perfect the editing is. Everytime they edited the clown clips I cracked up
>>
>>81564428
You tell me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo4LOs8cQsk

tl;dw: They are not full of shit.
>>
>>81569174
I'm pretty sure that's whatever the fuck Feeding Frenzy was, but I don't really plan to watch it any time soon
>>
Personally I like them as friend simulation. I have no friends and things like botw really make me feel good for about an hour every 4-6 weeks.

Even though I disagree with mike, jay and especially rich pretty often they still feel sincere.
>>
>>81567037
>by and large modern films flat out suck.

maybe your precious little popcorny capeshit movies you fucking embryo
>>
>>81564428
Friend simulator. And they're plebs who constantly review trash films while trying to look superior/above these shitty movies. Accessible/massmarket.

Nothing sets them apart.
>>
>>81569407
>I have no friends and things like botw really make me feel good for about an hour every 4-6 weeks.

very cool

very cool
>>
>>81569372
https://youtu.be/-rfPpwEg4CQ

Yeah, you're right. Maybe a low budget horror movie isn't the best option. Too jokey and referential.
>>
>>81569539

>Nothing sets them apart.

Their cynicism appeals to internet highbrows and Mike is an exceptionally likable guy.
>>
>>81564428

Rich's laugh, and the fact that every week I get to as an autist pretend I have friends for three quarters of an hour.
>>
>>81566475
Is the commentary track for space cop any good? I can't find a copy on the internet and was thinking of just buying the movie and shit to get it.
>>
>>81564428
I just like mike's sense of humor
>>
What is that episode of HitB where Mike and Jay stare at the camera silently for 10 minutes?
>>
File: 1475691169908.jpg (2KB, 90x257px) Image search: [Google]
1475691169908.jpg
2KB, 90x257px
>>81564428
They are more mature, they started doing it when they we're older than most youtubers and also they aren't obsessed with fan culture manbaby shit.

Couple that with good production and a wicked sense of humor and you have an unstoppable youtube behemoth.
>>
>>81570368
that was jack and rich in previously recorded
>>
Disney paid Mike to say he loved Star wars 4
>>
So is the Red Letter Media YouTube channel their day job or do they still have to work regular job
>>
>>81570698
I'm pretty sure they do it full time and they are largely supported by their patron
>>
>>81570698
the youtube channel? Probably not enough to pay everyone involved.

RedLetterMedia as a collective company? Enough to keep the core members afloat comfortably

I imagine the more peripheral members probably have a day job or do some other kind of stuff.
>>
>>81567037
you sound like a fag
>>
Is the only they can do is "it is meant to bad/cheap" stuff?

Don't get me wrong, I like shit like that, especially in movies, but I legitimately want to see them try their best at something.
>>
>>81564428
Because they know the basics of set design and camera work. In terms of production values they're a step above the guys who film themselves in front of their bedroom wall or a pair of curtains.
>>
>>81570955
I think they're scared of genuine failure after talking so much mad shit about other stuff for so long.

I think this is one of the big problems with transitioning from reviewing to making your own stuff, if you've previously made a living talking about how boring or badly directed or badly acted or w.e something is then when you make your own boring or badly directed or badly acted movie it looks foolish.

RLM would have to be absolutely sure that their "real" film was a nasterpiece before they even mentioned it existed.

Space Cop at the end of the day is an elaborate joke/satire on the state of action movies so they can hide behind that to shield themselves from more lasting criticism.
>>
Nerd Crew sums it up really
So many people who make critic videos are mindless fan boys who don't understand what makes something bad or good. They just look for the most obvious thing, and in many cases miss the point.
It takes a cynical person with a little more life experience (i.e not under the age of 25 and not autistic) to actually make entertaining review content.
>>
>>81566707
way better in black and whit elel
>>
can someone do an edit of Space Cop where everything wrong with it is followed by a RLM member talking about the same thing

e.g. when the poor acting happens follow that with mike talking about poor acting, etc.
>>
>>81571070
this
>>
>>81568831
yeah a lot of humor is created in their editing, and its great, they got a real love for it
>>
>>81566094
Now post that to your Facebook wall for your friends and family to see.

I bet they would be so proud of you.
>>
>>81567166
It means a purging of your emotions. Having the buildup of feelings inside all hang loose.

Like when you cry after realizing you're a fat loser virgin, it makes you feel better since you were able to "let it all out". That's catharsis.
>>
>>81570698

They used to film weddings.
>>
File: dat AVGN.jpg (47KB, 479x359px) Image search: [Google]
dat AVGN.jpg
47KB, 479x359px
>Review bad things on purpose and complain about it

They're just a poor mans AVGN
>>
>>81564428
They don't try too hard to be funny
>>
>>81571070
Hehe I thought of a funny but I'm too lazy to make it myself can someone else make a funny for me?
>>
>>81571438
I'm not only lazy I'm also unskilled and lack the tools
>>
Any one got a link to or copy of space cop with all the extras?
>>
>>81564677
>>81565877

>RLM are
>I'd venture to guess
>none of them has felt
>They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture
>satiating themselves
>perceived failures of others
>adding nothing new to the discourse
>they could do a better job
>navel gazing
>aspire
>disaffected followers stop subsidizing
>Perhaps

top cringe

Red Letter Media is a group of nerds interested in movies. They make videos on Youtube because it's fun and they're trying raise standards of nerd culture. Their cynicism, material, and commentary work for lonely 20 year olds with a basic understanding of cultural criticism. The result is content that's better than most youtube commentators and a quality friend simulator.

Mike is an extremely likable guy, while Jay and Rich compliment him well. Watching Half in the Bag with a bowl of cereal was the highlight of my day for several months in 2015. They were there for me, shitting on the direction of entertainment with a sense of humor that suited me at the time. I love them for it.

Then there's you, the living embodiment of the smug, detached internet critic ethos
>>
>>81566034

He'd be more attractive if he lost weight and acted less nerdy + more confident.
>>
>>81566169
is this the future

what is real
>>
Production value.

They're good at what they do and it shows.
>>
>>81571234
that's stupid
>>
>>81564860
I have no idea what this means.
>>
>>81564677
I wonder if its just the one autist that has this pasta saved and browses 24/7.

A good 50% or more of RLM has it. But I can't imagine there's someone that's the big of a loser here.
>>
Sincerity. That's it.
>>
>>81574110
>I can't imagine there's someone that's the big of a loser here.
You realize where your'e at right?
>>
>>81564428
Very little

Success
>>
>>81566094
>Someone was so triggered by RLM
>That they took the time to write a BBC cuckold fantasy fan fiction

Wew.
>>
>>81565052
Eight legs.
>>
>>81564428
>What sets them apart from all their contemporaries?
They don't try to force a joke every 5 seconds. They have no problem just talking about the movie and letting the humor come naturally.

Watch TGWTG, YMS, etc and see how they'll only talk about a part of a movie if they can make a joke about it.
>>
sincere
funny
well made
>>
>>81574229
>Watch TGWTG
No thanks
>>
>>81564677

Even though I am a huge fan of RLM, I agree with everything in this post.
>>
>>81574110
This. I wonder if all the Pepe images are posted by the same, extremely busy guy.
>>
>>81574216
Seven vaganias
>>
File: 1468360975543.gif (3MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1468360975543.gif
3MB, 200x200px
Is she ever coming back?
>>
>>81574320
Jesus fucking Christ, she hasn't been in a video in three years. Time to move on, you pathetic faggot.
>>
>>81564711

>man in his mid-20's wearing braces

holy shit, how embarassing
>>
I think you faggots overrate it, it's decent but not as amazing as all you asshats claim
>>
>>81566094
It's pathetic you actually wrote this. I hope you feel ashamed.
>>
>>81566656
They have decent video and sound (not horrible yellow-tinged crap recorded on a Yak Bak) and build sets to film on instead of just using the spare bedroom for everything.

They don't over-edit though, which is key.
>>
>>81574769
>They don't over-edit though
What do you mean by this? There is more editing involved in an RLM video than just about any other movie reviewer on youtube.
>>
>sit in a room
>talk about a movie
>OMG SO GOOD

Jesus guys.
>>
>>81574922
>open a /tv/ thread
>say something

Jesus guy.
>>
File: 1468468484998.png (204KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
1468468484998.png
204KB, 600x528px
>>81574368
> oy vey, stop asking about the shiksa
> post about kat denning or one of our approved femaless

get the FUCK out of here /tv/ schlomo. You have no place in the midwest.
>>
What quality are you guys referencing?
It's like windows movie maker levels of editing, otherwise they just point a camera at whoever is talking.

It's not trash, but it's not like "woah amazing production values holy shit" either
>>
>>81575072
You either know nothing about editing or you've never watched one of their videos.

Also nobody is claiming their material looks like a $100 million blockbuster.
>>
File: 532324412.png (36KB, 1179x364px) Image search: [Google]
532324412.png
36KB, 1179x364px
>>
>>81575123
yeah no you're right, its amazing state of the art editing that can't be done with a free program.

Fucking retard.
>>
>>81564428
do they? RLM aren't even that popular and they lost a lot of credibility after the whole star wars fiasco.
>>
>>81575158
>yeah no you're right
Thank you.
>>
>>81575182
Anytime dipshit
>>
>>81574729
>>81571166
>>81574180
>Dumb redditors don't realize its a copypasta
>>
>>81574888
I think he means "bad editing" - mid-sentence jumpcuts, really obvious shit that lesser channels do. Not everything is an attack on RLM.
>>
>>81575131
That's what happens when you pretend to be a cynical contrarian.
>>
>>81575180
>lost a lot of credibility after the whole star wars fiasco.

What happen.
>>
>>81575246
>Not everything is an attack on RLM.
I was simply asking for a clarification. Why do you faggots get so butthurt so easily?
>>
>>81575180
>they lost a lot of credibility after the whole star wars fiasco
If you keep saying this, maybe it will stick someday.
>>
>>81575259
They didn't validate anon's opinion.
>>
>>81575259
They didn't like Rogue One. It was a huge controversy that was covered by all the major media outlets.
>>
>>81575266
Because you morons actually believe shit like this " There is more editing involved in an RLM video than just about any other movie reviewer on youtube."

You /tv/ RLM fanboys are fucking idiots. Is why.
>>
>>81575266
Right. You're totally not hair-triggered defensive.
>>
>>81575325
There IS more editing involved. It doesn't even have anything to do with wether you or I enjoy their videos or not. I'm not sure why you're so triggered by this.
>>
>>81564428
i saw their channel after a bunch of the stuff that was supposedly influenced by it and it really just seems like they were the ones to do it first instead of the be-all end-all of the genre
>>
>>81575259
>Force awakens has tons of forced throwbacks and the entire plot is a rehash
>I LOVED IT! DAISY RIDLEY WAS AMAZING STILL COULD HAVE USED MORE INTERRACIAL ROMANCE THOUGH

>rogue one includes a standard vehicle the empire uses
>UHH WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FORCED CRAP? THIS MOVIE SUCKS!
>>
>>81575369
>triggered

You're just retarded is all, since that sentence isn't true, and you've obviously never watched anything on YT. It's okay, keep being wrong and retardedly naive though.
>>
File: 1416606551939.png (217KB, 291x424px) Image search: [Google]
1416606551939.png
217KB, 291x424px
My "review" of Reddit Letter Media

>posting in a friend simulator thread
>idolizing an aging group of youtube vloggers from Milwaukee
>he gives his real-life "friends" money every month

Rich
>an unemployed construction worker, the trick monkey fraud of the group. knows two tricks: forced laughter and becoming violent. brava, rich! brava!

Jack
>a failed viral marketer with an ugly wife and children with terrible names ('myson packard?'). he knows he's the least popular cast member and desperately tries to fit in by making fun of reddit on stream

Mike
>an over-the-hill "director" weighed down by his talentless friends. only makes "ironically bad" videos because they're immune to criticism. his latest production 'Space Cop' has exposed him as a fraud and proved a spiritual and economic disaster. he will eventually go the route of orson welles, balloon up to 500 pounds and die at the ripe age of 50.

Jesse
>the curdling definition of a parasite. ditters on her phone while the men do all the hard work. got caught buying jewelry with actual Patreon money.

Jay
>the only cast member showing any self-improvement or growth. still has a long way to go, but has already outgrown RLM.

I like how Reddit Letter Media is a company founded upon criticism, insulting and berating others and their works, but HEAVEN FORBID that anyone criticize them! They'll even ban you from their stream if they catch a whiff of dissatisfaction. It's amazing how creatively lazy the group has become. They were better when they were a starving group. Now they can sit on their fat asses, drink beer and make fart jokes while you throw money at the screen. Amazing.
>>
>>81575433
muh vlogs
>>
>>81575433
>they suck and you're a retard because I say so
I appreciate your insightful observations.
>>
>>81575494
I appreciate your inability to read and comprehend. I didn't say anything about whether they suck or not. And yes,you are a retard, for reasons I just explained.

You're incredibly stupid if you think they have more editing than anything else on YT. That's all. You're dumb, your post is dumb, and I'm calling you dumb. Get over it.
>>
>>81575447
>HEAVEN FORBID that anyone criticize them! They'll even ban you from their stream if they catch a whiff of dissatisfaction.

I feel as though you lie.
>>
the whole trying to hate everything shtick is really annoying.
i also dislike how their fans parrot everything they say and get really defensive when you call them out.
>>
>>81575544
>hour long videos that include multi-camera discussions don't require more editing than a Philip Defranco vlog
Thanks for clarifying.
>>
>>81575544
>more editing
we're talking quality not quantity you dumbfuck
>>
File: rich.jpg (135KB, 2866x1438px) Image search: [Google]
rich.jpg
135KB, 2866x1438px
>>
>>81575575
>NOTHING ELSE ON YT IS LIKE IT LOL

Thanks for continuing to prove how much of a uninformed retard you are. I'm sorry someone said mean things to you online, I bet your next post won't continue to prove your retardation.
>>
>>81575563
Didn't they do a couple videos way faster than usual, doing damage control, all because most people disagreed with them over rogue one.
>>
>>81565052
Mike's ego would have been bruised if they acknowledged he was wrong about it being a smoking octopus
>>
>>81575566
>their fans parrot everything they say
to date most of RLM's points have never been successfully refuted, especially the prequel reviews.
>>
>>81575626
are you retarded? they did acknowledge that
>>
>>81575623
>>81575314

That's weird, aren't there other times most people have disagreed with them? Why was it such a big deal this time, cuz it's star wars?

I like how it's considered a big controversy if they disagree with majority lol.
>>
>>81575623
No, they did a lot of videos for TFA too
>>
>>81575605
You're bad at shitposting. You just keep making variations on the exact same statement. Bye.
>>
>>81575649
most people would have forgotten about it. but they put out videos so quick doing damage control they seemed really insecure and defensive.
they've never really done that before.
>>
>>81575626
They did acknowledge it
>>
>>81575671
>Say you're a retard for making dumb blanket statements
>lol bad shitposter!

>You just keep making variations on the exact same statement

Because you have comprehension issues, which is why you keep posting and bringing up shit that has nothing to do with my point.

"Bye", fucking faggot. Good luck with your bruised ego.
>>
>>81575680
>they've never really done that before.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fOA1cv9pHs
They constantly make jokes mocking people that overract to movies. /tv/ is trying to turn this into some stupid drama for some reason.
>>
They're not that popular at all. you guys make it seem like they're huge on youtube.
>>
>>81564677
>RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.
So that's why they feel so relatable!
>>
>>81575566
They don't hate everything though most of the movies they review they like except for on best of the worst.
>>
>>81575722
They're not that popular but a lot of youtubers copy them
>>
My sister watches them because she thinks Mike is cute

I don't know if that's true for anyone else
>>
Whole lot of jealous, unrelatable youtubers posting anonymously ITT
>>
>>81575796
Hi Jay!
>>
>>81575824
Like clockwork
>>
>>81565084
>know their shit
That's what pisses me off about half in the bag most of the time. The overwhelming majority of the time they talk on. Very basic level when I wish they did a little more research and effort and really made the most of their technological knowledge and gave more in depth reviews instead of "I liked this big dumb generic marvel movie for being a big dumb generic marvel movie"
>>
Didn't these guys criticize TFA because there wasn't enough interracial romance?
>>
>>81575796
Yeah right haha, gotta love everything RLM!
>>
>>81575903
Basically what you're saying is that you wish Half in the Bag was a completely different show with different intentions done in a completely different way.
>>
>>81575903
>in depth reviews
That's not what Half in the Bag is meant for. It's a review show not a film criticism show.
>>
>>81565084
What does sell out in this case mean to you exactly? You know not everyone changes their tunes just because they have to talk for 30 seconds at the end of this video about who they are sponsored and funded by.
>>
>>81566335
You mean like Star Trek?
>>
>>81575916
No, Plinkett criticized it because he felt there wasn't enough of an emotional connection between the characters.
>>
>>81575916
You realize that /tv/ memes aren't reality right?
>>
>>81575971
Collider is here.
>>
>>81575931
Sorry your bots don't love you, Chris.
>>
>>81576015
???
>>
How does Stuckmann still have a YT career?
I don't understand, I can do his reviews without even having the film, he's so basic. Fucking MovieBob is better
>>
>>81576175
>he's so basic

That's why he's popular. He says nothing truly insightful or challenging, and therefore gets the most hits.
>>
>>81576214

Sounds like Anthony Fantano
>>
File: that's right jay.png (535KB, 756x569px) Image search: [Google]
that's right jay.png
535KB, 756x569px
>>
>>81576547
this is also my opinion, very good
>>
>>81576691
Is this the talking point the Rogue One blu ray marketing team gave you, shill?
>>
>>81565081
kek
>>
>>81575563
I got banned for inquiring about refunds for Space Cop on the Pre Rec stream.

It was a joke.
>>
>>81578133
>It was a joke.
Sure it was.
>>
>>81565067
>mike
>jay
>e-celebs

lmao
>>
>>81579230
they're e-somethings
>>
>>81579790
e-sluts
>>
>>81575447
Is that Jessi part true? Wow.
>>
>>81565052
the octopus rapes and murders an infant . . .

no jay said it was boring and they didn't want to talk about it
>>
File: hot_under_the_collar.webm (690KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
hot_under_the_collar.webm
690KB, 720x720px
>>81575447
>>
>>81580069
>A Woman Accused
(of misusing Patreon funds)
>Keeping Track
(of where the Patreon money went)
>One Way Out
(being fired)
>Shell Game
(Where did she hide the jewelry?)
>>
File: 1488738696421.jpg (35KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1488738696421.jpg
35KB, 604x453px
>>81579962

>e
>>
>>81564428
Everyone goes mad for that Jay boipuccy
>>
>>81570432
link?
>>
File: 1471669077212.png (992KB, 1158x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1471669077212.png
992KB, 1158x1056px
Mike best girl
>>
>>81581059
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yewHl_TcOE8
>>
>>81581119
Just watched & hated this.
>>
>>81581119
I hate Jack, but he was almost tolerable in this.
>>
>>81570368
(timestamp: 38:00)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_7Pz85XJ7Q
>>
>>81581119
Mike and Jay already did this joke:
>https://youtu.be/D_7Pz85XJ7Q?t=37m42s
>>
>>81581301
Was he tolerable in this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_7Pz85XJ7Q?t=38m01s
>>
File: image.jpg (209KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209KB, 1000x563px
>>81566034
She just dissapeared one day
>>
>>81572362
Didn't know jack is a f2m trany.
>>
>>81564505
>Mike is the only reason they get any criticism.
They're terrible movies and Mike wasn't the only one to point it out. If anything, the trend of pretending they're good movies is rather recent and based on absolutely nothing.
>>
>>81564860
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.
>>
>>81565104
Looks like whoever made that pic is actually 16.
>>
>>81574320
They had a montage about the wheel of the worst over the years and she's nowhere to be found. I bet they'd remove her from the intro if they could afford a new intro.
>>
>>81582093
where did you get this photo
>>
>>81564505
It was hating on the prequels since a phantom menace came out. I didn't even see the other 2 in the cinema. I was pretty vocal about it too. What your suggesting is retarded.
>>
>>81581088
is this real
>>
File: 1471211962079.png (245KB, 707x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1471211962079.png
245KB, 707x1195px
>>81583242
no but this is
>>
>>81583468
367 words
>>
File: 1332896371055.png (280KB, 452x710px) Image search: [Google]
1332896371055.png
280KB, 452x710px
>>81564428
When is rich going to finally snap and kill everyone/himself?
>>
>>81580025
Source? That's fucked up
>>
>>81581088
CUTE
>>
>>81582503
Editing a new introduced would literally. Pat them nothing. What the hell are you talking about.

Also that mo gage didn't include the Canadians. Does that mean there's some behind the scenes drama involving them????
>>
>>81584239
Stop posting from your phone, idiot.
Also, if they could just make a new intro, they would have fixed the 4:3 ratio years ago.
>>
>>81584296
Wow you're pretty retarded if you don't realize the 4:3 is intentional.
>>
>>81584320
LOL "It's an intentionally obsolete ratio!!!1!!" CRITICISM ESCAPED. Never, ever change RLM
>>
>>81565104
Take jerma off it right now
>>
>>81584429
It's a show where they watch old vhs tapes. The opening is an homage to that. Why are you so fucking retarded?
>>
>>81584429
What's your criticism though? That they successfully replicated the style of videos that the show is about? Yeah those hacks!
>>
>>81584481
They had widescreen VHS taps, retard.
>>
>>81584543
They had letterboxes vhs tapes, which were 4:3 with black bars on the top and bottom.

Fuck it, you're clearly just shitposting
>>
>>81582093
>that jewelry

kek
>>
>>81584718
>They had letterboxes vhs tapes
I have several tapes that say "widescreen" on the cover. Are you fucking with me?
>>
File: 1471695692183.png (34KB, 608x345px) Image search: [Google]
1471695692183.png
34KB, 608x345px
>>81583468
>>
>>81585937
>OMG MIKE VERY POLITELY ASKED SOMEONE TO REMOVE A SLANDEROUS VIDEO!!! SO MUCH E-CELEB DRAMA!!!!!
>>
File: 1403562096090.jpg (314KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1403562096090.jpg
314KB, 2048x1536px
>>81585980

RLM aren't the people you refuse
>>
File: 1489265503237.gif (3MB, 468x270px) Image search: [Google]
1489265503237.gif
3MB, 468x270px
Rich Evans wants my worm in his *bleep*
>>
>>81583242
It's real. It's in the picture gallery next to the dvd reviews
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.