[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

\W/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
So what did you think of West World anon?

Favorite character?

Best Episode?

Would you watch Samurai World?

What other x-world show would you prefer?

Where my 'shrink ray' homies at?
>>
>>81560298
They hook you in with that one scene with Dolores' dad and then they never live up to it. That was a legitimately great performance

Other than that I pretty much only watched for Anthony Hopkins and ed Harris
>>
Realistically, rich megalomaniacs would use Westworld as a place to fuck robot whores and murder everything in sight.

Maybe those parks exist but don't quiet give the same realism as Westworld, so only autistic LARPers go there.
>>
bump

does nobody remember this show?
>>
>>81561215

of course they do, it was all /tv/ talked about when it was on
>>
>>81560298
season 2 is confirmed to lead into Rome World
>>
>>81560662
FPBP

it was a great bait show, starts with a kino pilot and ends on some real horseshit. i felt like i was part of a social experiment.
>>
It went pretty far up its own ass while not actually being "deep" or thought provoking enough to justify it.
>>
Too much "muh robots are thinking feeling beings!" that's been done a billion times already. The show also tends to go up it's own ass sometimes with how deep it thinks it's being. I couldn't stand Maeve at all and she was the least likable character.
>>
>>81561239
It was very popular at the time, but is never discussed anymore.

>>81561254
Can you post a source? I can't find that anywhere.

In other news Ed Harris is confirmed to be returning.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/westworld/259106/westworld-season-2-story-details-release-date-casting-fan-theories-everything-we-know

>>81561347
>>81561296
I agree. It was a promising start but it never really got going and all the mystery it created around itself never amounted to much (journey into oneself XD)
>>
it was a great show marred by some pointless meandering and clumsy dialogue. william's and dolores' story broke my heart. fuck samurais. rome or nothing. shrink ray was a good meme

>>81561347
>>81561382
it really didn't feel like the show thought itself deep desu
>>
it was trash
>>
Honestly man I was always pretty down with Teddy even though he gets his shit kicked like every episode. Pretty sure the show is gonna end with him trying to kill Dolores since she's on that roger roger CIS kool-aid
>>
I remember when I was fully immersed for a few episodes and was unironically in love with Evan Rachel Wood. But then Maeve happened and I don't think I've ever dropped a show harder than I ever have before. Her story felt so unbelievably forced and contrived. What were they honestly thinking???
>>
>>81561741
They were thinking they could get a darkie AND a chink into co-leading roles, kill two diversity birds with one stone
>>
>>81561741
Agreed, I honestly think it's just kind of a half assed filler plot they decided to throw in. Kinda hope they kill off Maeve or tie her story up quick
>>
File: 1479780210198.png (2MB, 1154x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1479780210198.png
2MB, 1154x1500px
>only excuse people clung to during the series about the Dumb and Dumber scientists being so retarded was that "they're obviously robots duh why do you assume they're human? obviously they're there to further the goals of maeve"
Then in the final episode the writers go OUT OF THEIR WAY to make sure every single viewer understands that they ARE NOT ROBOTS. its actually outstanding how terrible the writing got

also i miss maeve posting
>>
>>81560298
"You've got to find what you love and let it kill you." Kinky Friedman
>>
>>81561347
The maze wasn't meant for you.
>>
>>81560662

This. Dad had great performance signalling some amazing potential. But it was just shit. Boring tripe with a large budget. The entire cast is awful and bland, the story itself is simpleton bait disguised as something intellectual, and the characters are a mess.

Don't miss it one bit.
>>
>>81560662
Shit scene and a shit show. You and everyone who replied to you is a redditor
>>
The movie is 100 times better.
>>
best girl

soundtrack was kino
>>
Was anyone else really into this while it was airing but now forget they even watched it? I feel like this first season has almost no rewatching value either.
>>
It's okay, I guess.

I hope they go with a "we have to nuke" the robots in season 2 and not with the "they're humans too, we're the one in the wrong by abusing them in the first place".
>>
Logan
>>
>>81560298
One of the most overrated pieces of garbage I have ever watched. Perfect for normies who like to think "muhh android free will" is a profound theme.
>>
>>81563597

her and Armistice are best Westworld grills
>>
>>81563681
>they're humans too, we're the one in the wrong by abusing them in the first place
This is the one they'll most likely go for. As stale and boring as it is.
>>
>>81563679
it loses some of its charm after you actually know it's two timelines.

I'm into it, but the next season won't be until 2018? It's hard to sit here and speculate knowing the actual season is so far off. There weren't too many unresolved plot points. Tough to say where they can take season two, especially if they can't use the dual timeline BS again.

That said, Westworld, along with The Night Of are two of the best series of 2016 that were sort of overlooked and forgotten.
>>
>>81560298
average. perfect for game of thrones watchers who think its high art.
>>
>>81563715
philosophy of mind is pretty much one of the profoundest themes there is
>>
>>81560298

I liked it more than GOT after season 3 since it's good to have a new show every now and then but all and all i think the show is carried by Harris and Hopkins more than by the plot and the rest of the cast.

It was ok and the story has places it could go but i don't think it can get better that what it was without those two...
>>
File: 2658478954.png (512KB, 842x473px) Image search: [Google]
2658478954.png
512KB, 842x473px
>>81560298
This scene was my favorite.
>>
>shrink ray
>pissfu
>piss world
>snkaefu
>Doesn't look like anything to me
Many solid memes.

>>81564258
Harris and Hopkins are confirmed season 2. Weather it's flashbacks or not is remained to be seen.
>>
>>81562720
>also i miss maeve posting

10000000% WOKE
>>
>>81560662
Same desu.

I was really confused the whole time as to how the show tried to portray the robots as the victims with a straight face. The whole time I felt Hopkins was in the right.

And holy fuck Maeve was intolerable.
>>
>>81564071
>*takes bong hit*
yo dude what if like
>*exhales huge cloud of vapor*
what if like consciousness
>*coughs*
what if like consciousness is like inside our minds bro
>>
>>81564504
>pissfu
Tell me about this, what is it?
>>
>>81560298
All i remember about it was all the needless BBC shots they managed to slide in there
>>
My favorite character was Thandie Newton's tits.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.