[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is everyone so broken in this film? All the kids have to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 1be1150f88ndbyme.jpg (600KB, 1576x1883px) Image search: [Google]
1be1150f88ndbyme.jpg
600KB, 1576x1883px
Why is everyone so broken in this film? All the kids have to smoke at the age of 12 (does King want to show us how good the 50s were and kids could still smoke and aren't pussies?), they have a gun and who the fuck would actually want to see a corpse? I understand that this is used as a plot device for them to go and have an adventure but still what kid wants to see a corpse? Also everyone is just trash there, all the adults are assholes. What is just wrong with Steven King's Castle Rock? Also why did they trashy kid have to get killed once he managed to become a lawyer? To make us sob? Just like "you only find good friends when you are a kid- never ever again" - I don't want to believe this (I don't have any friends) - is King a very lonely man without friends?
>>
>>81538585
It's amazing they don't all blow each other near the end, King is a huge deviant. You know he had/has a CP stash
>>
>>81538585
God damn look at the horrible fucking shop in this cover
>>
>>81538585
How did you miss the whole point? The it shows how shitty the culture of middle America was in the 60s under the veneer of perfectly well-adjusted. It's in the same vein as rebel without a cause.
>>
You must have never been a little boy then because this movie brings up so many feelings from my childhood. There's multiple scenes too where it pretty much shows that the boys dont really want to see the dead body, it's more about the adventure.
>>
>he's afraid of guns
>Wouldn't jump at the chance to see a corpse of he were a 13 year old kid

Lol what kind of faggot are you?
>>
>>81538814
>middle america
>story takes place in maine
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 183x275px
>>81538636

I've already gave you the "BEST COVER". I think pic related is even shittier and that's the original cover. OH COOL look a kid with a gun. That's the selling point for our film. Let's put it on the cover ti show the action. OH JUST look the train, what an action scene. Who cares about spoilers? The original cover disgusts me so fucking much. It should just be the bottom part with the train tracks though.
>>
Wil Wheaton is such a twink fantasy in this
>>
>>81539038
It should have been you Wil Wheaton.
>>
>>81538585
>Stephen King
>Rob Reiner
>a member of the Phoenix family

Is this Reddit: The Movie?
>>
Love this kino. Brings me back to my best days. I'd say it's almost Kultura.
>>
>>81538585
>Stephen King

there you go anon
>>
>>81538954
Actually it takes place in Washington.
>>
>>81538585
50's kino
>>
>>81539111

How do you mean?

See I am not American. I think this film is a lot about nostalgia like
>OH the days as a kid were so nice
But everything is fucking SHIT in this film. The adults suck, the bullies suck, your friends are white trash with horrible parents. It's just a really awful world and looks like Soviet Russia to me.

So is the intention really to show us: OH USA sucked in the 50s? Because it seems to be like "those days were great".

The Wonder Years is like the family friendly version of this without guns.
>>
>>81538616
I thought they were getting close to experimenting with each other. It had a weird vibe.
>>
>>81539317
I don't understand why you're getting that the movie wants you to think it was great.
>>
>>81539317
>I think this film is a lot about nostalgia like
Correct.
>>
>>81538880
did you're parents have any kids that lived?
>>
>>81540262
>did you're parents have any kids that lived?
>avoids life
>>
>>81539038
>implying River Phoenix isn't the true semen demon in this movie

Wil looks malformed.
>>
>>81538585
>Just like "you only find good friends when you are a kid- never ever again"
This is true. The last time I had friends was back in middle-school. People become assholes as they grow up, starting in high-school
>>
>>81538585
>I don't have any friends

Well that explains why your autism prevents you from enjoying this movie. It's exactly what childhood feels like for most boys. I can relate every character to someone I knew in real life as well.

What country are you shitposting from?
>>
>>81540450
>Everybody else is the jerk and I'm just the one nice guy. That's why nobody likes me!
Whatever keeps you from pulling the trigger, I guess.
>>
>>81538862
This. How can you not feel anything while watching this? Takes me back to the days where we as kids would ride our bikes all day and discover new places, climb fences and travel through bush to see the rumored hobo living deep inside them.

If you didn't have such a childhood I can see why such a movie wouldn't have an effect on you. Tree of Life hit me hard with those childhood scenes and again unless you can relate and remember the same shit happening in your own childhood it just won't be the same.

>I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?
That's the quote OP. He doesn't say you'll never find good people outside of childhood, he means that the friends you have when you're 12 are a unique bunch that your future friends won't be like. They might be better or worse but the friends you have then are on a different playing field beyond comparison. I've drifted away from all those guys I played with back then, I've got friends who are smarter nicer better in almost every way but the friends you have when you're 12 are unique.
>>
>>81541051
This. I'm from Australia and everything from the pussy friend to the one who has something to prove all reminded me of kids from my youth. The adventures, the stupid conversations, the absolute carefree nature of it all

>>81539317
>nostalgia
Well yeah no shit mate. It's not running of some elborate plot with a big tweeest. It's just taking audiences back to when they were just like those kids
>>
People who hate this movie had shit childhoods and spent their summers playing cod and shit posting rather than out exploring with their friends
>>
File: 38zVR5n.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
38zVR5n.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>81541051

PREVENTS me from enjoying this film? I never said I do NOT enjoy it. I think it is a great film. I like it a lot and I saw it countless of times. I just got the book a few days ago and watched it with my girlfriend (who had never seen it) yesterday.

It will remind everyone of childhood. That formula worked great for The Goonies who just weren't trashy. The same goes for Stranger Things. It's also always the same cast more or less:
>Oh have the fat kid as comedy element
What a stereotype. So yes I really enjoy it and as a kid I never questioned any of the stuff in the film. Now as an adult I do.

Why did they have to smoke? What was the purpose? Why did his brother have to die? Why is everyone such a dick? What's the deal with the bullies? Why the gun? Why the insane father that burned that kid's ear? Why did the homo friend (I'm sure he was gay. Came across like that) have to die as an adult? Why everything?

My questions still remain. But yes I think it's a great movie and I always just overlooked how white trash everything is because "YAY boys go on an adventure" was a great thing to me. We have a bridge like the one they have in the movie in town so it will always remind me of my childhood. I feel like every male can relate where my girlfriend was like
>are boys really like that
And I was like:
>Of course they are. Never noticed I am still like that?
>>
>>81541098
Fuck me sideways if this isn't the truth. I'd say it was a bit earlier for me, probably around 10 or so, but I never had any friends even close to them. This film really hit me hard once I grew up and rewatched it, no kidding.

thanks for reading my blog™
>>
Let me tell you about the dangers of cigarettes. One day when I was an 8 year old boy in middle america I purchased a cigarette from my local corner store for 50 cents. After smoking the cigarette I got a headache and I started to feel really weird. I felt the urge to get my dad's handgun but it was in a safe so I went to my local pawn shop and bought a handgun for 15 dollars. Boy what a memory, holding that gun for the first time. I put the tip of the gun in my mouth and started felating it, like a penis! Heh, my little 8 year old penis came all over my pants. I was too embarrassed to return home! As I was walking home I saw a nigger's corpse in the trash can and I started sucking it off like the gun! Boy, I tell you. Never, EVER smoke a cigarette. Those things are dangerous and plain unhealthy.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.