[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will I enjoy this show if I'm not an atheist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 43

File: rickmorty.jpg (93KB, 952x536px) Image search: [Google]
rickmorty.jpg
93KB, 952x536px
Will I enjoy this show if I'm not an atheist?
>>
>>81537015
I'm not and I do. Just take a fucking joke.
>>
>>81537015
absolutely not. this show was thoroughly tailored for a specific audience: young, atheist, redditor, white faggot
>>
In before someone mentions Reddit because they can't come up with any argument for why this show isn't a masterpiece.
>>
reddit and memey.
>>
No.
>>
>>81537047
>>81537052
>>81537053
>>
>>81537015
No. Blasphemy the show.
>>
>>81537015
Are you under the age of 18? You'll enjoy it if you are.
>>
>>81537015
>J-j-jesus Christ Rick, you killed all these people
>They were holograms Morty, they weren't real **URRRPPP* just like your beloved 'Jesus'
>>
>not being atheist

Brainlet detected
>>
File: FuckYouGodNotTodayBitch.jpg (346KB, 3065x1565px) Image search: [Google]
FuckYouGodNotTodayBitch.jpg
346KB, 3065x1565px
Probably not...
>>
>>81537194
>Im 13
>>
>>81537015
>Will I enjoy this show if I'm not an atheist?
no
>Will I enjoy this show if I AM an atheist?
no as well
>>
>>81537124
but morty is a jew
>>
>>81537229

What a degenerate picture
>>
>>81537015
No; this show is mostly trash
>>
>>81537229
this wasnt that bad, when he was faced with the fact that he was about to die he starts praying like any other christian, everything he said after that was to save face because he was embarassed about praying to god while being the typical fedora earlier
>>
>>81537015
If you stop using the bible as a dildo; maybe, it's just 20 minutes an episode. I personally liked the TV one the most.
~t. St. Sophia
>>
>>81537015
>2017
>being religious

lemme guess, you are either a muslim or american.
>>
File: C000003196-KID-VAR-PAR.jpg (185KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C000003196-KID-VAR-PAR.jpg
185KB, 1200x1200px
Should I cop this jacket fellow reddit/tv/ors.
>>
>>81537604
>2017
>being reddit

I don't need to guess.
>>
>>81537015
There's one line in the whole thing about god not existing, and even then it's just ricks opinion. It's not like a stance that the show takes. The rest is jokes. People here are really just regurgitating stale memes.
>>
>>81537015
If you're a 90's born neet with no sense of humour, yeah
>>
>>81537591
This. I've seen this same joke in the Simpsons and nobody bats an eye.
>>
>>81537629

never been on reddit,
sorry to dissapoint you.
Guess you are just as bad at guessing as you parents who guessed the condom would be okay.
>>
>>81537711
>doesn't believe in god
>'never been on reddit'

Sure.
>>
>>81537711
Kek. But you should of been a blowjob too, faggot
>>
File: 1491914389517.jpg (225KB, 677x882px) Image search: [Google]
1491914389517.jpg
225KB, 677x882px
Le burp
>Morty give me the God on the bench
>OK geeze Rick I'll give you th-
>THAT'S RIGHT MORTY *BUUUURPP* GOD IS NOT REAL *BRAP* HAHAHAA That was so funny Morty, Morty what did you think Morty?
>>
>>81537604
>le tipping fedora lad
>>
>>81537015

It's the ultimate pleb filter. If someone watches Reddit and Memey and likes it, their opinion is instantly shit.

So please, watch away OP and tell us what you think.

Also, atheism is a Jewish plot.
>>
>>81537052

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty
>>
>SCIENCE GOOD
>GOD BAD *BUUUURP*
>>
>>81537604

It should probably be noted that almost every single major figure in the atheist movement is Jewish. You could make a compelling argument that atheism is specifically being pushed by Jews in today's society, and they seem to largely be targeting western Christians and only them.

For example, Sam Harris, Chapman Cohen, David Silverman, Michael Newdow, Gregory Epstein, Sherman Wine, Bill Maher, Eric Kaufmann, and of course, Richard Dawkins's mother has a Jewish surname and was stated to have lived in the only Jewish suburb of the city she grew up in. But he hasn't explicitly named her religion.

But that's only a tiny part of the list. We could discuss the Jewish atheists who aren't pushing atheism so much as atheism-enabling political views like Marxism. For example Soklonikov, Trotsky, Deutscher, Lenin, Uritsky, Kamenev, Zinoviev and Sverdlov.

And what about atheist Jewish public entertainers that constantly run down Christianity? We can go ahead and recycle Bill Maher here and also include Jon Leibowitz, Stephen Fry, Woody Allen, Rob Reiner, Daniel Radcliffe, Larry David, David Silverman, and... I'm sure I'm close to the post cap, so rather than just name the rest of Hollywood, you get the point.

PURE COINCIDENCE though.
>>
>>81537604

Yeah it's so much easier pretending the atheism fairy exploding nothing out of everything for no reason and having it magically forming sentient life isn't it plebbit?
>>
Out of all the other religions, Christians are the biggest crybabies of the bunch. They make up around 84% of the United States, but still will always bitch and fucking moan about how oppressed they are. They are happy to shit over everybody else's viewpoints, but if you ever dare criticize Christianity, you will be accused of being "disrespectful".

Christians love to abuse other people's space and privacy, it's their favored past time, so when the Internet was invented they boarded the Jesus train to dialup to begin their cyber Manifest Destiny of shitty propaganda. Since these times, more and more religious Christ zealots find their way online to secure God's position firmly on its grounds. These types of people inhabit almost every conceivable community that makes up the web and constantly through the day/night some asshole is quoting the bible somewhere in an effort to smite some e-foe. Luckily, Christians make up a large pool of easily trolled targets because if the Internet has taught us anything it's that everyone is a hypocrite. It's only fitting that the people who spend most of their time telling others how to live would be the most raging hypocrites out there. This trusty flaw results in massive ruin and has been a staple of dramatic events throughout history. E-Christians (aka Christfags) are no different from their offline counterparts, however, their large numbers and gestapo sects do not translate in any way online. They are weak cry-baby carebears who quit the Internet forever at the drop of their hat.
>>
>>81537229
This makes me wonder, are the people who just hate God considered atheists?
>>
>>81538014

Let's face it; Atheism is so 2006. It's been kicked to the curb by everyone.

Atheists just can't get over the fact that they lost the culture war.

Let me take you under 18s back to the year of 2006:
>atheism on the rise on the internet with their voices getting more heard everyday
>atheist leaders like Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens are respected voices in the community
>r/atheism is one of the top boards on bleddit
>corporate stores trying to push things like "Happy Holidays" and having "Holiday Trees"

Cut to today:
>Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens (may he RIP) viewed as complete psychos for their insane political/social views
>r/atheism moved to the basement of bleddit because it was embarrassing euphoric garbage
>things like "Reason Rally" draw less than a Hitler impersonator at a bar mitvah
>atheist communities tear themselves apart over things like elevator gate (giving rise to New Atheism, and Atheism+, which are less successful than just regular Atheism)
>constant rape and sexual assault allegations at atheist conventions (even atheist leaders like Lawrence Krauss are accused...by other atheist leaders)
>"Happy Holidays" and "Holiday Trees" are a distant memory
>liberal atheists in Britain crushed by Brexit

And quite frankly all this bad stuff wasn't even needed. All it would have took was one euphoric quote and a couple of fedora pictures. Christianity is still kicking 2000 years later, and atheism is at it knees because of a jpeg of a fat guy in a fedora. Sad
>>
>>81537229

>Even Plebbit: The Show agrees there are no atheists in Foxholes

Top kek. Poetry.
>>
Fuck, I hate Australians.
>>
>>81538071
Ok that's cool but God still doesn't make any sense
>>
>>81538118

You're forgetting the evidence and scholars that support the story of Jesus

>His birth
>His teachings
>His followers
>His baptism
>His arrest
>His death

All without a doubt happened as the Bible states.

That all means that the multiple prophecies written (according to historical scholars) centuries before Christ was born all happen to be correct on the time, place, and person.

>let me guess: lucky guesses ayyylmao
>>
File: StupidAtheistBeliefs.jpg (84KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
StupidAtheistBeliefs.jpg
84KB, 960x960px
>>81538118
>>
>>81538152

absurdism > agnosticism >>> nihilism > religion > atheism

deal with it
>>
>>81537015
>threads about a CARTOON SHOW stay up
>threads about anime MOVIES get deleted
>>
>>81538203
you have 20 other weeb boards, fuck okk
>>
>>81537247
I bet you identify as an agnostic and think you're somehow smart because of it.
>>
>>81538165
Atheism is a lack of belief in God or gods, that's it

Also even if you prove there is some prime mover in the Universe that created everything that still has nothing to do with the Christian God
>>
File: 4428876638252794864.jpg (54KB, 558x669px) Image search: [Google]
4428876638252794864.jpg
54KB, 558x669px
>>81538221
>Atheism is a lack of belief in God or gods, that's it
>Also even if you prove there is some prime mover in the Universe that created everything that still has nothing to do with the Christian God
>>
>>81538221

The problem with that (((argument))) is that no natural laws can explain the existence of anything. There is no cause for a beginning or the organization thereafter.

If there is a beginning there has to be a cause. We know there was a beginning. We also know that nothing creates nothing. So why is there anything at all?

Not only does the universe exist but it is finely tuned for our existence.

The multiverse and computer simulation theories exist to explain away this paradox. They are based on zero facts. There is no evidence that supports these theories.

Occam's razor would suggest it was created by intelligence that exists outside of time.
>>
>>81538212
Yeah and i go there, why don't you go to your own board aswell?
>>
>>81538152
Totally couldn't be that some dude read all those prophecies and decided that he was the Messiah, eh?
>>
>>81538246
>Not only does the universe exist but it is finely tuned for our existence.
explain starvation and cancer to me like i'm 5
>>
>>81538246
Ok cool but even if I give you everything there, which I don't, there's still no relation to the Christian God

Your argument here makes just as much of a case for Brahma
>>
>>81538246
>it is finely tuned for our existence.
you have to be insane to believe that.
>>
>>81538286

Actions have consequences. If your parents use their free will to have you when they're not capable of looking after you, or when they've done a lot of drugs and 'make you live under power lines then you'll get ill.

Life isn't that important though. It's better to suffer for a few months/years on earth and then be rewarded with ETERNAL paradise.

And no matter what, God is always there for you.
>>
>>81538339
God bless you anon.
>>
>>81538339
>free will
hahaha how can you believe in an all knowing, all powerful god and still believe in free will?

if 'god' knows everything that means everything is already set in stone, pre-determined. if everything is pre-determined, you have no choice, you have no free will.

even from a scientific standpoint, free will does not exist (libet's experiments).

i did not bother reading the rest of your delusional comment
>>
>>81538214
>making assumptions
>being superior in an argument
lmao
>>
>>81538235
You going to actually refute what I said or just post more neckbeards?
>>
>>81538405
You've already been BTFO m8
>>
>>81538308

Except there is an inherent validity to Christ that all other Gods lack.

For example, The Miracle of the Sun, The Fatima Revelations, and the curing of Sister Marie-Pierres Parkinson's disease are all verified miracles that have happened in the last century.
>>
>>81538339
>Here Adam and Eve, you have free will
>Except for that one thing you're supposed to not do, you're not allowed to do that
>Ah shit you exercised your free will time to damn humanity for eternity
>Also I knew you were going to do it all along
>I also knew Satan was going to do the shit he did but I still made him anyway because why not
>Honestly I'm all powerful and all knowing, I could have made you a perfect paradise with no restrictions but I decided not to anyway
>>
>>81538269

Can you decide to raise yourself from the dead?
>>
>>81538339
>god is there for you

Not if you fuck up bigtime.
Murderers and rapists will burn.
>>
File: what.jpg (19KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
19KB, 599x337px
>christfags still believing in a fairy tale
it's 2017 guys come on
>>
>>81538451
What's the purpose of unconditional loyalty if it isn't heartfelt?
>>
>>81538441
Dude that's ridiculous, you're just saying that Christ is real because there were a few miracles in the past attributed to him?

They could just as easily be attributed to any other gods

Also, all the other miracles attributed to other Gods exist, so obviously they must be real too
>>
>>81538481
>it's 2017 guys come on
back to rÄ—ddit
>>
>>81538379

Quite easily. As God is outside of time he obviously knows what I will do, but from my point of reference the future is unknown, so I am the master of my fate.

I can choose to do something, just because God knows what I will do doesn't remove the onus from me. I am still responsible.

For example, I can watch a rerun of a show, and the characters will go through the motions, but they will still always do what they will do.

I don't see how much of a brainlet you must be to think there's a discrepancy between what man chooses to to an an omniscient being with a completely unapproachable frame of reference.
>>
>>81538497
What's the purpose of heartfelt loyalty if it's with a gun to your head?
>>
>>81538481
Current year guy please go to reddit.
>>
>>81538481
This. There's no excuse at this point.
>>
>>81538497
now imagine the same scenario but Adam and Eve are you own children and you are god.
>>
>>81538451

Because think of all the Good that has come from the creation of space and time. Sure you can look at the bad, but from that bad came a lot of Good.

In a risk/reward analysis the creation of the universe and the creation of the free will that governs us, was a net benefit.

Basically you're upset that actions have consequences.
>>
>>81538514
such a god has no right to judge me afterwards
>>
File: 1473882275010.jpg (91KB, 596x716px) Image search: [Google]
1473882275010.jpg
91KB, 596x716px
>>81537015
>Watch this show as a non-atheist
>It pull out a Redditor gun and kills me, but not before spouting memes
What the FUCK!
>>
>Will I enjoy this show if I'm not an atheist?
More than likely, since it was designed for people with low IQs.
>>
>>81538514
Right, but God already knows the outcome of everything

You essentially believe in predestination
>>
>>81538498

They're directly attributed to Christ. I mean, sure it could be a big mind fuck, and Buddha could be pretending to be the Virgin Mary, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Marian Apparitions are proof of Christ.

Sad thing is, there's far more evidence for these miracles than there is for the atheism fairy magically exploding nothing into everything, for no reason, and having it magically form sentient life.
>>
Have you ever browsed Reddit?
Did you support Bernie Sanders?

if you've answered yes to either question then yes, this show is for you
>>
>>81538071
Atheism has existed before any religion ever.
>>
>>81538551
No dude

I'm upset because if this God exists he literally created evil for no reason

It didn't have to exist but God made it so for no reason
>>
>>81538591
You misunderstand

There are millions of "miracles" that have occurred throughout history. You can't use them as evidence and dismiss the miracles that occurred in the name of other gods as ridiculous.
>>
>>81537015
Yes. Don't listen to these basement dwelling niggers, their opinion is trash
>>
>>81538591
no shit they are attributed to christ when they happened to christian people. you think some

and again Atheism has nothing to do with how the universe came to be
>>
>>81538515
You have the option to catch the bullet if you really dissagree.
>>
>>81538514
>from my point of reference the future is unknown, so I am the master of my fate.
this is plain wrong. you're implying that your subjective reality is somehow more valid than the objective reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laplace%27s_demon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will_in_theology
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will#Scientific_approaches
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will#Christianity
http://www.iep.utm.edu/freewill/

even martin luther objected the existence of free will. educate yourself before you spout nonsense about things you don't understand. you are a delusional dumbfuck that contradicts himself every other sentence. i sincerely hope you're just the typical christfag troll and that you do not actually believe what you are saying.
>>
>>81537229
hey cool they cropped this entire scene to omit the part where hes praying
>>
>>81537978
>>81538071
>>81538152
>>81538246
>>81538441
Always the same stale pasta in these threads.
>>
>>81538583

>You essentially believe in predestination

I believe God knows all, but that I am responsible for my actions. You know what you have done in the past, but knowing that doesn't mean you weren't responsible. You can't change what you have done, they were still your actions. God's frame of reference is like that, just for the whole of existence.

>>81538555

Why. You're responsible for your actions. You weren't set up to fail. If you haven't learnt that actions have consequences then how are you better than those 'Am I being detained!?' sovereign citizens?
>>
>>81537015

It doesn't even have massively atheist undertones. I'm can only recall god being mentioned twice, and even then it was more to do with Rick's character rather than actually trying to peddle a religious viewpoint.
>>
>>81538601

Then God came to earth, performed miracles, and changed the world more than any other force in history.

What's your point?
>>
>>81537247
>Im 13
Average age of 4channer right here folks
>>
>>81538680
If God knows all, he knows the future, and any action you do is predermined, you can't have an all knowing god and free will at the same time.
>>
>>81538680
If you know someone is going to commit a crime and you have all the power to prevent him form doing so, you have no right to judge him when he does.
>>
>>81538591
>Marian Apparitions are proof of Christ
Wow the word proof here is doing some heavy lifting. I might have accepted "evidence" at a stretch, but proof? Supported by like 10 19th century accounts by French people?

Why haven't there been any marian apparitions since we developed smart phones and carry cameras with us basically everywhere? I've a hunch it's the same reason UFO, bigfoot and loch ness monster sightings have gone down in decades recent.
>>
>>81538675

Posting several Wikipedia articles doesn't win you an argument.

Free will exists because I am the master of my actions. God knowing what I will choose to do doesn't mean I'm not making those choices.

Also, from looking through your 'sources' it (obviously) seems that the existence of free will is purely a hypothetical position to take. You can't quantify 'will' or 'choice'. What a silly position to take.
>>
>>81538716
>you can't have an all knowing god and free will at the same time.
of course you can
>>
>>81538711
>here folks
bãck to reddit
>>
>>81537015
I like the concept of an animated Doc Brown and Marty going on wacky sci-fi adventures, but the execution is lackluster, in my opinion.
1. The animation is too simplistic, ostensibly to crank out as many seasons as possible as quickly and cheaply as possible
2. The characters are horrible obnoxious 2-dimensional cardboard cutouts who can be described with no more than one sentence each (though this goes for nearly all animated comedy).
3. The writing is very lazy, and most often squanders potentially good ideas in favor of trite subplots (relationship troubles, etc). And considering the context, the nihilist/existentialist themes do not fit at all.
4. For alleging itself as a sci-fi show, it strays too far into wackiness and "randomness" to be enjoyable, like the constant non-sequiturs.
5. Finally, it has a terrible fan-base who endlessly jerk each other off, and refuse to give this show honest criticism.
I do concede that there are some episodes with concepts that I enjoyed. The car episode, the parasites episode, and the kronenberg horror episode. That's just my opinion desu senpai
>>
>How do you know yours is the one true faith
>I just know
Everytime :^)
>>
>>81538481
>>>>reddit
If you wanna be athiest scum, know your place
>>
>>81538770
Explain how.
>>
>>81538657
>If you don't love me unconditionally I will send you somewhere you're tortured forever

That's the mark of a healthy relationship
>>
>>81538772
No
>>
>>81538716

I'm not saying wether or not God has free will, but from the position of man free will obviously exists, as I've previously shown.

There is a difference in reference between an all knowing God and a faliable man.
>>
>grrrr......... this STUPID cartoon said my god doesn't exist!
at least half of you fucks aren't even practicing christians, yet you're still mad
>>
>>81538770
You really can't man

At best it's just the illusion of free will. If He knows everything you do before you do it, the decision has already been made before you make it.
>>
>>81538800
If you can't figure that out you're a brainlet
>>
>>81538729

>If you know someone is going to commit a crime and you have all the power to prevent him form doing so, you have no right to judge him when he does.

Why? He choses to commit a crime, and for every one person that fails ten may redeem themselves within the system you've built.

And before that person 'commits a crime' they may positively impact other people, life isn't a zero sum game.

God didn't create the criminal, he created the system. The person was born of the free will of his parents, and their parents in turn, and so on.

Surely you see the very fact that person could fail in that way is proof of the existence of free will.
>>
>>81538827
Obviously Christ has bestowed you with the wisdom to defend your claims, so go ahead and explain it to him.

Isn't it your job as a Christian to spread the love of Christ? Why are you getting defensive and insulting him instead of helping him see the light?
>>
>>81538825
>At best it's just the illusion of free will. If He knows everything you do before you do it, the decision has already been made before you make it
Countless alternate universe lad. everything that can happen, will happen
>>
>>81538758

>Why haven't there been any marian apparitions since we developed smart phones and carry cameras with us basically everywhere?

>Iliterally need to be spooned everything and as I'm so important I need the almighty to come and hold my hand

Then fun of faith is the journey, atheicuck
>>
>>81537015
>BRAAAP m-morty I can mathematically prove that Jesus was actually a hologram.
>>
>>81538800

See

>>81538514
>>
>>81538885
More like
>show me, a rational person, some evidence
That's not as crazy as you think it is
>>
>>81538441
>Miracle of the Sun
Auguste Meessen, following the work done before him by the Belgian skeptic Marc Hallet,[25] has stated sun miracles cannot be taken at face value and that the reported observations were optical effects caused by prolonged staring at the sun. Meessen contends that retinal after-images produced after brief periods of sun gazing are a likely cause of the observed dancing effects. Similarly Meessen states that the color changes witnessed were most likely caused by the bleaching of photosensitive retinal cells.[26] Meessen observes that Sun Miracles have been witnessed in many places where religiously charged pilgrims have been encouraged to stare at the sun. He cites the apparitions at Heroldsbach, Germany (1949) as an example, where many people within a crowd of over 10,000 testified to witnessing similar observations as at Fátima.[26] Meessen also cites a British Journal of Ophthalmology article that discusses some modern examples of Sun Miracles.[27] While Meessen suggests possible psychological or neurological explanations for the apparitions he notes, "It is impossible to provide any direct evidence for or against the supernatural origin of apparitions".[26] He also notes that "[t]here may be some exceptions, but in general, the seers are honestly experiencing what they report." [26] Prof. Dr. Stöckl, a meteorologist from Regensburg, had also proposed a similar theory and made similar observations. Unlike Prof. Meessen, Dr. Stöckl hadn't seen "impressive colours", but had seen a dark blue disc almost covering the sun, which seemed to rotate.[28]
tl;dr, people were retarded and stared at the sun for too long
>Fatima Revelations
Vague bullshit
>Curing of Sister Marie-Pierres Parkinson's disease
It wasn't Parkinsons and she got sick again
>>
>>81538825

Depends. I chose what I will do. God knows, but set up a system where I am still responsible for that choice.

I still decide wether or not to do something.
>>
>>81538885
>the fun of faith
>fun
How old are you?
>>
>it's another pasta fag gets once again BTFO episode
Honestly it's getting boring
>>
>>81538912
see
>>81538555
>>81538583
>>
>>81538765
>Posting several Wikipedia articles doesn't win you an argument.
i told you to educate yourself. fucking READ you imbecile. i am not going to write a 10000 word essay on 4chan just to prove i'm right when the information is readily available on the internet.

but i guess you do not want to gain knowledge, you want to believe in fairy tails. unwillingness to learn is a sign of the average brainlet. it is ironic that you would call others that when you can't even take ten minutes to read relevant information on the subject. you don't even have to search, i literally spoonfed you the relevant articles.

whatever helps you being a good person, i guess. just know this: you are full of shit.

if god is all benevolent and all powerful, why does he not 'will' people to come to faith for salvation? why create hell in the first place?
if god is all knowing, how can free choice exist (refer to the laplace demon - if some entity knows everything, it can accurately predict the future, meaning the universe is deterministic at its core, leaving zero room for free will - from an objective viewpoint; free will is an illusion)?
>>
>>81538885
If the Almighty really loved him on an individual level, he would

If you were in God's shoes and someone you loved had made the wrong choice and would be put in eternal damnation because of it and all it took you to save him was to say "Yo dude I'm real" wouldn't you?
>>
>>81537015
Wait, there are adults that believe in god that dirty desert dwelling scum, blacks or jews? Whoaa
>>
>>81538825
>If He knows everything you do before you do it, the decision has already been made before you make it.

You're speaking as if God sees into the future. That's not how it works. God exists outside of time. There is no past, present, future.
>>
>>81538947
I honestly enjoy Christfags getting BTFO all the time, reminds me of old /b/.
>>
>>81537015
Yes, but you have to focus on the right character. As the audience you should primarily be concerned with Morty. He is the young man who is facing a crisis of faith. On one side you have Jerry, the father, who is symbolic of faith. While he is often right in many situations he can be seen as dimwitted. On the other side you have Rick, who symbolizes the the scientific and rational, but Rick is also nihilistic and without purpose.

Morty is on a journey to become the ubermensch. He has to rise above both the old morality of his father and the trap of nihilism and despair as presented by his grandfather. The newest episode was great because it turned Summer, the daughter, into a surrogate for audience members that worship at the alter of Rick. Morty explained in detail how that path will cause nothing but destruction and attempted to save her.
>>
>>81538924

>It wasn't Parkinsons and she got sick again

It was absolutely Parkinson's. yeah she got sick from smothering else years later, but the fact she had and subsequently was cured of Parkinson's was confirmed by multiple physicians.
>>
>>81538934
how can you decide when someone else already knows the outcome? are you fucking nuts?
>>
>>81538962
You are so stupid it's kind of funny, so I'm going to pretend youre trolling and just enjoy this thread
>>
>>81538877
I'm not Christian. I believe in "gods". how about you stop acting like a nigger and it out yourself (little reading and critical thinking can do wonders)
>>
>>81538981
>But according to the Polish daily newspaper Rzeczpospolita, one of the doctors charged with scrutinising the nun's case believed she might have been suffering from a similar nervous disease, not Parkinson's, which could go into sudden remission. A report on the paper's website went further, saying that the 49-year-old nun had become sick again with the same illness.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/mar/05/nun-cured-pope-parkinsons-ill
>>
>>81538958
>has no faith in God
>has faith in wikipedia though
KEK
>>
>>81538958

>if god is all benevolent and all powerful, why does he not 'will' people to come to faith for salvation? why create hell in the first place

Hell is just the absence of God. We were created of free will,l by other faliable beings in a system set up by an omnipotent God.

Hell is just the abs emcee of God, which is fair enough, because the key thing to remember is that actions have consequences.
>>
>>81538962
So he's not all knowing then
>>
>>81539027
>Hell is just the absence of God.
the christian god is omnipresent, you fucking tard.

now try answering my question again.
>>
>>81538990
What exactly is the stupid part?

>>81539036
Are you dense? Time is seen differently to him, at a higher level.
>>
Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It's still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center's statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world's most "atheist" nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn't stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up it this thread:

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
http://www.pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
http://masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm
>>
>>81538958
>if god is all benevolent and all powerful, why does he not 'will' people to come to faith for salvation? why create hell in the first place?
Cause he's amused by unfaithful cunts like you
>>
>>81539061
>Time is seen differently to him, at a higher level.
meaning what?

>>81538962
>You're speaking as if God sees into the future.
if he doesn't know the future, he is not all knowing
>>
>>81539008
Ok let me take this step by step

The commonly accepted definition of "All knowing" is someone who knows everything.

Everything includes things that will happen in the future.

If things in the future have already been decided, then there is no free will. Every choice you make has been predetermined. It is, at the best, an illusion because there was never really any chance of you making a different choice.
>>
>>81539027
>Hell is just the absence of God.
Why do Christcucks lie so much?
>>
>>81539008
Figure it out*
>>
>>81537015
The jokes aren't great and some stuff is annoying. But this show is overall probably one of the best things to watch now. Stories are fun and varried, alot of parodies, which Dan Faglord wants to claim re hommages (they're not).
>>
>>81539065
Why do Christcucks love shitskins so much?
>>
>>81539075
>meaning what?
Meaning time isn't the same as it is to you and and I. Everything that is happening or will happen to you and I is happening all at once for an omnipresent being. He is everywhere in time.
>>
>>81539071
if he let's people suffer for his own amusement, how is he all benevolent? do you not understand what these words mean?
>>
File: IMG_2852.jpg (212KB, 689x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2852.jpg
212KB, 689x1000px
Do Plebbitors not know that atheism isn't as popular on 4chan as it is on Plebbit?

They seem so upset people question their world view. Shows how insecure they are.
>>
>>81539061
It's not relevant how he sees time, it's only relevant that he's aware of things that happen at points in time that are bad and he fails to intervene. If you say he can't intervene because of how he percieves events then he's not omnipotent. If you say his perception of events isn't conducive to awareness then he's not onniscient.

Do you understand or are you too stupid?
>>
>>81539065
popularity of something doesn't make it true
>>
Americans took atheism too far and made it cringe worthy tbqh
>>
>>81539134
>and he fails to intervene.

Why exactly would he intervene? Life itself is a test to see if you have goodness in your heart.
>>
>>81539161
embrace absurdism and laugh at these religious idiots (this includes atheists)
>>
>>81539163
Why did he harden the pharaoh's heart then if he doesn't intervene?
>>
File: 1330572870550.jpg (55KB, 447x604px) Image search: [Google]
1330572870550.jpg
55KB, 447x604px
I know a clergyman who loves Rick & Morty. You'd probably enjoy it more as a theist, since the protagonist is an unflattering stereotype of a shallow atheist.
>>
>>81539131
Nobodies upset dude

We're just curious as to why you believe what you do

Honestly if God made any sense at all I would love to believe in him, an eternal paradise sounds fucking awesome

The problem is when people tell you why they believe it always boils down to "I just do" or "He works in mysterious ways that we can't comprehend". When they try to prove Christ to you all their arguments do is point to the possible existence of a prime mover, not the Christian God.
>>
>>81539163
But why would he make people without goodness in their heart? What's the point?
>>
>>81539090
>If things in the future have already been decided, then there is no free will. Every choice you make has been predetermined. It is, at the best, an illusion because there was never really any chance of you making a different choice.
Gods might see unlimited possibilities of what might happen to you or me. We still gets to pick and choose though tbqh. New timeline might get created for every choice you make. You're somewhat right though, but we make choices and choose among many options that only gods can perceive
>>
>>81539134

>that are bad

Who decides what is 'Good' or 'Bad'? God, obviously. And God can also see all the 'Good' that stems from bad actions, either from remorse or from vindication.

If God stood in and held everyone's hands then yes, I would agree free will doesn't exist. Since he demonstrably doesn't do that the only sensible position to take is that this physical reality is subject to the free will of humanity.

Ending a fairly civil debate with 'do you understand or are you too stupid' pretty much cements how little you've thought about this issue and how precarious your argumentative position is.
>>
>>81539182
There were a few exceptions as mentioned in the Bible that were done specifically to let people know he is there and always watching. It's to let the average joe know that he is out there and he is everywhere. You can choose to ignore them but it's pretty silly to do as it was his way of saying 'im here'.
>>
>>81539163
Alright so check this shit out - god is omniscient so he doesn't have to go through a process of discovery in order to learn things, he already knows the answer! So it doesn't really make sense for you to couch god's conduct in language like "tests".

But do bear in mind that this principle is contrary to another impugned god characteristic of omnibenevolence. I leave proof of this contradiction as an exercise to the interested reader.
>>
>>81537015
I am an atheist and it's unwatchably bad. If you know nothing about nihilism and solipsism, and enjoy toilet humor, you might like it.
>>
>>81538214
Well, it is smarter than being an atheist.
>>
File: 1491970512198.png (94KB, 262x280px) Image search: [Google]
1491970512198.png
94KB, 262x280px
>>81537015
You tell me
>>
>>81539224
Why bother typing all this shit that in no way relates to or answers the question you're replying to?
>>
>>81538221
No, that's agnosticism. Atheism is holding the belief that there is no god.
>>
>>81539189

I'm British. Went to a Church of England School but never believed. My parents were atheists and I grew up learning about 'God' the same way I learned about Father Christmas.

When I grew up I questioned my life, what I knew, I saw that there was more substance to life than I thought.

I don't know exactly what I believe, but understand that atheism is wrong.
>>
>>81539231
Fuck off tripfag
>>
>>81539203

He doesn't make people. Their parents chose to make people, using the system He divised, as a result of their free will.
>>
>>81539024
i don't need faith to follow basic logic
>>
>>81539337

You get on a plane, logically you assume it will be fine as it has been engineered to a high standard and you know they have very meticulous safety checks before each take off.

But you'd be lying if you didn't have a little faith that it wouldn't crash.
>>
>father of jesus is a cuck
>jesus is a jew
>message of love, peace, acceptance, letting others hurt and torment you
>literally sweden: the religion

Christianity is the most cucked religion. Even if you believe in a god, don't be a Christian.
>>
>>81539337

Can you explain the logic behind the atheism fairy magically exploding nothing into everything, for no reason, and having to magically form sentient life?
>>
>>81539217
>Who decides what is 'Good' or 'Bad'? God, obviously.
I won't cast auspersions on if that's true or not, but it's certainly not obvious. The amount of ink that has been spilled over 1000s of years in trying to answer that question proves that it's not obvious.

There are many bad things that don't result in obviously good things. What about Tay-Sachs disease? Newborns with TSD suffer severe muscle atrophy over their first year of life, and are ultimately left deaf, blind, unable to swallow, and mostly paralyse. Most children with TSD are dead before their 5th birthday. What's the point of that? What good is created there, for the child or the parents or the medical system that effectively has custody over them their entire short lives?
>>
>>81539329
Let me rephrase that

Why would he allow the option for good to not exist in the heart to even exist

Basically: Why is there evil in the world when God is supposed to be all loving? It's a centuries old question that I still haven't found a decent answer to.
>>
>>81539420

During His lifetime, no persons were described as "Jews" anywhere. That fact is supported by theology, history and science. When Jesus was in Judea, it was not the "homeland" of the ancestors of those who today style themselves "Jews". Their ancestors never set a foot in Judea. They existed at that time in Asia, their "homeland", and were known as Khazars. In none of the manuscripts of the original Old or New Testament was Jesus described or referred to as a "Jew". The term originated in the late eighteenth century as an abbreviation of the term Judean and refers to a resident of Judea without regard to race or religion, just as the term "Texan" signifies a person living in Texas.

In spite of the powerful propaganda effort of the so-called "Jews", they have been unable to prove in recorded history that there is one record, prior to that period, of a race religion or nationality, referred to as "Jew". The religious sect in Judea, in the time of Jesus, to which self-styled "Jews" today refer to as "Jews", were known as "Pharisees". "Judaism" today and "Pharisaism" in the time of Jesus are the same.

Jesus abhorred and denounced "Pharisaism"; hence the words, "Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites, Ye Serpents, Ye Generation of Vipers".
>>
>>81539420
i'm not an atheist, i'm an absurdist. in my opinion atheism is a belief that is just as moronic as any religion. agnostics i can respect, at least they don't go around claiming to know things they don't. but ultimately even thinking about these things is absurd, as humans will never find an answer.
>>
>>81539420
The thing is nobody knows. But we're not deluding ourselves into believing that sand people millenia ago had it all figured out right from the get-go.
>>
>>81539420
>fairy magically exploding nothing into everything, for no reason, and having to magically form sentient life
Why would a Christcuck have a problem with this?
>>
>>81539469
>le atheism and agnosticism are two mutually exclusive beliefs meme
Most atheists are agnostic.
>>
>>81539441

>What about Tay-Sachs disease?

Caused as a result of free will. Kikes choose to inbreed for several reasons; but mainly it's because they don't want to share their wealth with the goyim. The physical result of this inbred kikery is that yids are open to a lot of genetic diseases.

The child is the victim of the free will of its parents, but just because it's body is damaged doesn't mean its soul isn't intact. It's not nice, but once again actions have consequences and we have to play within the rules of the system we inhabit, and one of those rules governs the need for genetic diversity to ensure healthy offspring.
>>
File: 1273083145701.jpg (341KB, 1000x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1273083145701.jpg
341KB, 1000x1160px
>>81539269
Thanks for the proof retard. A lot of atheist were too scared of what the internet might think of them and started calling them self agnostics.
>>
>>81539469
I'm an agnostic atheist, which means I don't believe in god but acknowledge that there might be a god (and don't believe in the nonexistence of a god either).

We really don't know, but the sheer odds of a god existing is low, and it's even lower that it has interest in humanity, and lower still that the Christians or Muslims or Hinduists got it right. I think if a divine being does exist out there it'd be nothing like any religion currently imagines. Also see >>81539506
>>
>>81539295
agnosticism is the lack of knowledge
atheism is the lack of belief
>>
>>81539442

>Why is there evil in the world when God is supposed to be all loving?

Eve stems from Mans free will. This is demonstrably true. There is no such thing as natural evil, or even natural cruelty, as it's all instinct at that level, but every evil act that has ever occurred has been a result of Mans free will.
>>
>>81539490

God came and told them you realise
>>
>>81539565
>but every evil act that has ever occurred has been a result of Mans free will.
the devil existed before men
>>
>>81539495

It's well accepted by modern Christians that God caused the Big Bang. It was first devised by Catholic Priest and Physcist George's Lemitre you understand.

Fedoras of the day hated the idea, because it points to the idea of a creator. All the cool atheists back then thought the universe was eternal. They had maths 'proving' it and everything. But then they realised LeMotre was right, and have spent the last 50 years trying to show how a Big Bang can happen without a creator. They gave up in the end as said 'well it's impossible to know how it happened, but we know what happened 0.0000002 seconds AFTER, so obviously it doesn't matter how it happened'

Can you see the irony?
>>
>>81539591
How do we know God came and told them?
The Bible.
How do we know the Bible is right?
The Bible says so.

Huh... really makes me think...
>>
>>81537946
Why does someone need to be a faggot, atheist Redditor to enjoy the show? Why can't people just enjoy a show because it's fun? This is the problem with this board. Everyone is stereotyped based on the television they watch.

Additionally, television writing needn't be Shakespeare-level writing in order for a show to be enjoying.
>>
>>81539620
>Can you see the irony?
No, all I'm seeing is yet another copypasta
>>
>>81539620
Around here Christians think the world is 6000 years old, evolution didn't happen, and the Earth was made in 6 days.

I hate living in rural Ohio so fucking much
>>
>>81537893
i dont really have a issue with the show itself but like the rest of this site most of the fanbase are meme spouting retards hell i cant talk i made the fucking sauce and it was amazing on /ck/ but i actually quite enjoy the show, is it goat? Not yet the 2nd season was pretty shaky in points but most of it was passable
>>
>>81539622

And miracles, Christ coming to earth and fulfilling several hundred prophecies, Christianity shaping the world more than every other force, the subjective benefit living by Christian values gives you, the real spiritual connection people who devote themselves to Christ have, etc.

Just acting as bough religion was something that was thought up after a night of drinking is very dishonest. You can chose to ignore that (subjective sure, but when you're dealing with the metaphysical subjective is about as much as you'll get) evidence, but it does you and your position a disservice.
>>
>>81539672

Some do, sure. And some don't.

HOW God made the world is less important than WHY to the devote, so it's a non-issue.
>>
File: IMG_2599.jpg (153KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2599.jpg
153KB, 717x880px
>>81539623
>>
>>81537015
i like it and im not fedora. although i don't suck its dick quite as enthusiastically as some of the rebbitors. there are bad episodes, you'll have no trouble finding them
>>
>>81539506
>>81539551

atheism
> "Critique and denial of metaphysical beliefs in God or divine beings. Unlike agnosticism, which leaves open the question of whether there is a God, atheism is a positive denial. It is rooted in an array of philosophical systems."
>"atheism, in general, the critique and denial of metaphysical beliefs in God or spiritual beings. As such, it is usually distinguished from theism, which affirms the reality of the divine and often seeks to demonstrate its existence. Atheism is also distinguished from agnosticism, which leaves open the question whether there is a god or not, professing to find the questions unanswered or unanswerable."

>The terms ATHEISM and AGNOSTICISM lend themselves to two different definitions. The first takes the privative 'a' both before the Greek 'theos' (divinity) and 'gnosis' (to know) to mean that atheism is simply the absence of belief in the gods and agnosticism is simply lack of knowledge of some specified subject matter.

you can't have both, there is a reason we have two different words and definitions here. if you acknowledge that there MIGHT be a god, you are believing in the possible existence of a god. true atheists deny this possibility. true agnostics say that they don't know.
you are both agnostics.
>>
>>81539766
There might be a sasquatch I personally just don't believe that there is
>>
>>81539766
All of the following exist:
>gnostic theists (people are certain that a god exists)
>agnostic theists (people who believe in a god but admit it's not a certain thing)
>gnostic atheists (people who are certain that no god exists)
>agnostic atheists (people who don't believe in a god but admit it's not a certain thing)

Personally I think gnostic atheists and gnostic religious people are equally insufferable, because we really don't know.
>>
File: foldiing.png (207KB, 523x336px) Image search: [Google]
foldiing.png
207KB, 523x336px
>"Love is just a chemical reaction Morty!"
>the r*dditor nods his had with a soft smile, eyes closed. He knows it's true. Love really is just a stupid mind game.
>>
>>81539828
That's objectively correct though. Love is just a chemical reaction. Free will doesn't exist either--all your actinos are a consequence of the configuration of the atoms inside you.
>>
>>81538675
>even martin luther objected the existence of free will.

Wow, the faggot hack who spawned protestantism wasn't a proponent of a largely Catholic interpretation of humanity's role on Earth? Color me shocked!
>>
>>81539828
>jaded and lonely old man has a cynical view of the world
Wow!
>>
>>81539820
>>81539808
these snowflake definitions make as much sense as compatibalism.
there is no need to differentiate.

either you claim to know (theists and atheists) or you admit you don't (agnostics). it's about what you know and what you don't, not what you believe in. 'beliefs' are entirely subjective and should not be subject of scientific discussions.
>>
>>81539853

>That's objectively correct though. Love is just a chemical reaction. Free will doesn't exist either--all your actinos are a consequence of the configuration of the atoms inside you

And you can prove that over, say, the physical configuration of your atoms and the make up of your neuro-chemistry being the physical byproduct of metaphysical emotion and free-will how?
>>
>>81539902
>'beliefs' are entirely subjective and should not be subject of scientific discussions.
Exactly, but we're not having a scientific discussion. We're having a religious one, where belief most certainly is relevant.
>>
>>81539902
>there is no need to differentiate
But there's an important difference between someone who's uncertain and will say that god isn't real versus someone who's uncertain and will say that god is real. While both are uncertain, they have different takes on how their dice roll will work out.
>>
>>81539942
A lot of neuroscientists object to the idea that free will exists. Of course, the absence of free will would also expand to the absence of control over your emotions.
>>
>>81538339
>It's better to suffer for a few months/years on earth and then be rewarded with ETERNAL paradise.
Wat a fucking marxist sentence that is holy shit
>>
>>81539975

An appeal to authority isn't an argument. There was a time the majority of Doctors thought smoking was good for you. My Grandmother was told to smoke when pregnant as it would stop morning sickness, for example.
>>
>>81540050
>appeal to authority
These people are proven experts in cognition and human thought. I think you need to relearn (or maybe outright learn) what an appeal to authority actually is.
>>
>>81540000
Spengler called Christianity the grandmother of bolshevism for a reason
>>
File: logic.jpg (47KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
logic.jpg
47KB, 580x580px
>>81539947
i don't think the difference is important at all. both groups say they don't know and so they're agnostic by definition. what they ultimately believe in is irrelevant as you can neither prove nor disprove 'beliefs'. they're subjective and not objectively measurable, they might as well not exist. but let's agree to disagree.

>>81539943
religious studies are an academic field and therefor 'science'. we are having a scientific discussion. at least i am.
>>
>>81540067

>SOME neuroscientists BELIEVE that their interpretation of an unquantifiable metaphysical concept like free will doesn't exist because of physical observations they've made

Sounds like an appeal to authority to me. A pretty flawed one at that. You're trying to rebut my argument by saying 'well some experts disagree', which is something you can say about anything really and offers no substance.
>>
>>81540129
>that which isn't objectively measurable shouldn't exist
I hope I'm not misinterpreting the gist of what you're saying here, but I'll definitely have to agree to disagree.
>>
>>81539902
>either you claim to know (theists and atheists) or you admit you don't (agnostics).
that's completely false
a/theism is belief
a/gnosticism is knowledge
>>
>>81537015
You will only enjoy it if you are reddit
>>
>>81540129

Only atheists think in terms of science vs religion. Think of it this way, science is the measure and study of the physical using observation and experimentation. By it's very nature it cannot presume to offer any substantial view on the metaphysical. You cannot materially quantify the immaterial. It's like looking through a microscope and trying to find an atom of justice or a molecule of mercy.

I hope you see why you're being fallacious.
>>
>>81540149
from a scientific viewpoint, things don't 'exist' until you can prove (i.e. measure or observe) their existence. hence why most are atheists or agnostics.

>>81540155
that's what i said?
>>
>>81540148
>some neuroscientists believe x
>therefore i can cast as much doubt and uncertainty as possible on their beliefs
If you just want to avoid making conclusions in the face of inconclusive evidence, that's fine. But it's irrational.
>sounds like an appeal to authority
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
>you're trying to rebut my argument
No, I'm saying there are other valid and substantiated views provided by people who do study the human cognitive process and, by extension, free will.
>which is something you can say about anything really and offers no substance.
Same to you, buddy. Except I'm not claiming to be right with absolute certainty.
>>
Ughh, this entire thread reeks of fedora tipping neckbearded fat fucks, i can already sense the movement of your fedora, going up and down as you write entire paragraphs about how you are superior to everyone else, of how everyone is a sheep and you are intelligent enough to know the truth, when you are nothing more thatn a pathetic, lonely redditor who needs to bash others peoples beliefs to feel better about himself, and i know you are about to unseeth your katana right now and teleport behind me, but before you do that, consider killing yourself and stop wasting our time.
>>
>>81540246
you said atheists claim to KNOW which is wrong
>>
>>81540161
while you might not find a single particle responsible for 'justice' or 'love', you might find a configuration of particles that represent these values. they might differ from person to person, but they are definitely there. all of reality is physical, unless you believe in things that aren't there. that is religion.
>>
>>81540308
> as you write entire paragraphs
the only paragraphs itt are christcuck copypastas, sorry
>>
>>81540249

Why does some neuroscietists not believing in free will matter.

Some do, for example

http://bigthink.com/ideafeed/neuroscience-proves-however-reluctantly-that-we-have-free-will

https://news.dartmouth.edu/news/2013/03/neuroscientist-says-humans-are-wired-free-will

You claiming that free will can't exist (or not, I'm not entirely sure why you bought it up if you then claim it doesn't mean anything) because SOME neuroscientists think it doesn't is fundamentally flawed. It literally means nothing when SOME do believe in free will.
>>
>>81540314
claiming to know is the same as believing or am i mistaken? refer to >>81539766
>>
>>81540331
Yeah sure fedora-tipping atheist, i'm sure you tipped it while you were writing that, thinking "These stupid christcucks and their copypastas, heh they are so weakminded"

Really goes to show how atheism is so stupid, you can defeat every single argument they post with a copypasta, really pathetic desu
>>
File: morty.png (728KB, 1188x1343px) Image search: [Google]
morty.png
728KB, 1188x1343px
>>81540308
>outdated memes
the last defense of theists
>>
>>81540315

Or the physical changes in your brain are a result of the emotional metaphysical changes that take place during emotional moments.

Justice and mercy are purely metaphysical. To claim otherwise is inherently dishonest.
>>
>>81540381
>outdated

Now that Reddit and memey is back, the fedora meme is as relevant as ever, and it will be used to its full extent to piss you bastards off
>>
>>81540362
>le hat joke
anything else?
>>
>>81540340
>Why does some neuroscietists not believing in free will matter
Because it indicates that there is in fact a reasonable and substantiated side which disbelieves in free will. Nothing more or less.
>You claiming that free will can't exist
I never said that. I did say it was a possibility supported by a part of academi, though. I'm not sure if you're deliberately misinterpreting what I'm saying here or not.
>I'm not entirely sure why you bought it up
See the first point.
>claim it doesn't mean anything
Never said it meant nothing, and I never claimed certainty.
>It literally means nothing when SOME do believe in free will.
And it literally means nothing when some don't believe in free will. See how that logic doesn't really pan out? You seem too focused on absolute certainty and convergence.
>>
File: 1483362855068.jpg (4KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
1483362855068.jpg
4KB, 201x251px
>>81540455
>joke

You know its true, it's so easy to trigger fedora redditors
>>
>>81540494
>anything else?
appearently not. pretty sad
>>
>>81537604
Better than shoving bananas up ur arse lol
>>
>>81540129
I AM SILLY
>>
>>81540455
>>81540381

>fedoras still getting triggered at being called fedoras while saying we shouldn't call them fedoras.

Kek
>>
File: 1461487257373.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1461487257373.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>81540503
Why is it sad? with a single meme i have destroyed any credibility you had, it was so easy all i had to do was post a fedora, pretty sad for you desu
>>
>>81540362
You can defeat every atheist argument with a picture of a fat guy wearing a hat. I don't even dislike the show, it's just funny how butthurt it's fans are.
>>
>>81540461

I'm not claiming it's a certainty, I'm saying my position is that it exists. You were the one that bought up neuroscientists claiming it didn't exist like that meant something.
>>
>>81540382
>Justice and mercy are purely metaphysical.
prove it. i'm not saying i know, because i don't. at least not for sure, though the entire field of neuroscience seems to back me up on this. according to neuroscientists emotions and things like morality are all concepts created in the brain, they are electro-chemical signals and do physically exist. in theory they can be observed and measured, though our technology isn't quite there yet as to find a specific configuration of atoms that is responsible for these things.

but you don't know either, unless you can provide prove that your metaphysical concepts do indeed exist in our reality. can you provide any evidence to support your claim?
>>
File: christian weston chandler.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
christian weston chandler.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>81540538
>>81540514
>can't argue, has to meme
>>
>>81540549
To be honest i have never even seen a single episode, i just love how butthurt they get when you tell them that the show is reddit and they should stop tipping their fedora
>>
>>81540246
> hence why most are atheists or agnostics.
*most scientists

sorry about that.
>>
File: 1467205022966.jpg (6KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
1467205022966.jpg
6KB, 184x274px
>>81540580
I don't have to argue shit, I can just keep posting fedoras and you will lose the argument, it's so simple yet so effective
>>
>>81540344
you're mistaken
pic related
>>81539535
>>
File: IMG_2853.jpg (82KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2853.jpg
82KB, 500x667px
>>81540455

>thinking atheists deserve anything other than ridicule.

Kek
>>
>>81540555
>You were the one that bought up neuroscientists claiming it didn't exist like that meant something.
But it does mean something. It means that there are many valid interpretations of emotion and free will in the current fields of research. The notion that free will doesn't exist is among these interpretations. This is important, and it was all I wanted to express.
>>
File: forward christian soldiers.jpg (65KB, 525x437px) Image search: [Google]
forward christian soldiers.jpg
65KB, 525x437px
>>81540612
>if you think X you look like this ugly person
>that doesn't count for me tho
>>
>>81540564

>they are electro-chemical signals and do physically exist. in theory they can be observed and measured, though our technology isn't quite there yet as to find a specific configuration of atoms that is responsible for these things.

Or the electro-chemical signals are physical by-products of the metaphysical experience of emotion. What's your point.
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 1024x576px
>ywn get this triggered by simple hat memes
These the same people who keep getting anally annihilated by people using cuck as an insult?
>>
File: 1491997747104.jpg (167KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491997747104.jpg
167KB, 960x960px
>>81538165
Corrected version.

I like how "for no reason" is discrediting in the eyes of the author.
>>
File: 1461830627818.jpg (23KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1461830627818.jpg
23KB, 300x400px
>>81540659
Hahaha why are you posting pics of yourself? embarrasing lmao
>>
>>81540620
i already argued against this, please follow the entire conversation.

>>81540664
>Or the electro-chemical signals are physical by-products of the metaphysical experience of emotion.
please provide evidence for this claim.
fMRI says otherwise
>>
>>81540629

Oh. Ok. I misrepresented your meaning and apologise.

Please don't think my position was that I am arguing that free will is a certainty. It's existence is only my opinion for the reasons I have previously stated.
>>
File: no u.png (154KB, 321x306px) Image search: [Google]
no u.png
154KB, 321x306px
>>81540687
>>
>>81540689

>fMRI says otherwise

fMRI can prove that the physical changes to the brain aren't a result of the metaphysical experience of emotion, rather than a causative factor?

How?
>>
>>81540679
There's just a general cause and effect relationship with most things in life. It's not always applicable, and it's not a fair pretense for studying or viewing anything. But it's definitely not unusual for people to go "well it works like this with A, so it must work with B, too."
>>
>>81537015
Intelligent show only for intelligent viewers.
>>
File: 1478791862097.png (117KB, 320x263px) Image search: [Google]
1478791862097.png
117KB, 320x263px
>>81540728
>resorts to downloading new images

Truly a strategy of the strong minded
>>
>>81540689
No that anon but if you get a chance watch this google talk on the taboo of psi research. They have repeatable evidence of psychic phenomena, that is ignored by the mainstream and may be suggestive of things like non local consciousness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw_O9Qiwqew
>>
File: 1484746820258.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1484746820258.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>81540758
Careful there! you might hurt your hand if you tip your fedora that hard, it's not healthy
>>
>>81540711
Yeah that's totally fair. I had the feeling that things were being misunderstood on both sides. I'm glad we had that conversation and cleared that up, and I'm out.
>>
>>81540744
yeah, i'm getting too tired for this debate. ignore the fMRI part, thought error.

but you still haven't provided even the tiniest shred of evidence that proves the existence of metaphysics. it's an unfalsifiable belief, it's bullshit.
>>
>>81539090
There is no such thing as the future
>>
File: (you).jpg (117KB, 353x465px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
117KB, 353x465px
>>81540759
>he already has a folder for whenever he can't argue his retarded position
>>
File: 1461634308464.jpg (6KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
1461634308464.jpg
6KB, 250x245px
>>81540821
>he prefers tipping his fedora while he writes big paragraphs instead of using 1 image to win any argument

Lmao
>>
>>81539150
Atheists arguing for eternal and comprehensible truth?
>>
File: on religion.jpg (70KB, 1190x688px) Image search: [Google]
on religion.jpg
70KB, 1190x688px
>>81540856
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>23 2 "Rickmancing the Stone"[26] TBA Jane Becker 2017[27] TBD

why is there no schedule for their episodes

who releases 1 episode and nothing the following week
>>
>>81540800

All physical systems are based on the fundamental tenant that, without external input, the system will degrade. There are several other key factors, one of which is that energy and matter cannot be created.

This is physical law. Thermodynamics to be precise.

As matter exists it had to come from something 'outside' the physical. Metaphysical simply means beyond the physical, and based on our understanding on the universe we can argue that the a metaphysical beginning is required for the physical system we have.

A semantic argument, I'll agreed, but it's a shred.
>>
>>81540748
Absolutely. I think it's a fair flaw withing people without a scientific education to become religious while searching for meaning without capacity for analytical thought since it is initially not intuitive. While understandable, it is still harmful.
>>
>>81540906

Luckily there's plenty of evidence for Christ. The bible is comprised of eye witness accounts of God, after all.

There's no real evidence for the atheism fairy creating everything for no reason, though.
>>
>>81540856
I'm pretty sure that all those ugly fedora people are in reality Christians
>>
>>81540678
These are the same Reddit immigrants who want 4chan to be diet Reddit, so constantly tell people to go back to /pol/ because they think that one board is the source of this sites racism and racism hurts their feelings.
>>
>faggots describe things they don't like as Reddit because that's the only insult they know
>>
>>81540980
What, do you know them? no? then shut the fuck up. Don't you ever reply to me ever again
>>
>>81540941

I don't see why science and religion are seen as incompatibility. Science is just a study of the physical using observation and experimentation. By it's very nature it can't offer any real substantive analysis on the metaphysical. You can't materially quantify the immaterial after all.
>>
>>81541001
>What, do you know them?
Hitler was a vocal Christian, and so is this ugly fuck >>81540659
Sounds like a conveniet smear tool and who if not Christcucks would profit most from it?
>>
>>81540925
thanks for clearing that up, but this does not prove, nor disprove that 'mercy' or 'justice' are metaphysical.
it could be, but no one knows, nor can anyone prove or disprove that claim. it is just as likely that these concepts lie in the brain, in the physical world. at least we have actual data on the brain regions, activated by an external, physical stimulus, that are responsible for the sense of 'justice'.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110503171743.htm
>>
>>81540580
>complains about outdated memes
>posts cwc
>>
File: DEUS VULT.png (3MB, 4784x3228px) Image search: [Google]
DEUS VULT.png
3MB, 4784x3228px
aw shit niggers is this the daily christian RPing thread?
>>
>>81541044
everyone who ive met irl who wears fedoras or other cringewear are atheists (or even worse: agnostics)

christians are usually too busy helping out the needy rather than debating online and donning cringewear
>>
>>81541124
>d-don't compare me to this cringy christian, only I get to do that shit
yeah no. just look into his eyes on that pic, he's closer to god than you larpfags could ever be
>>
>>
File: slurp.jpg (69KB, 630x458px) Image search: [Google]
slurp.jpg
69KB, 630x458px
>>81541153
>christians are usually too busy helping out the needy
gotta clean those nigger feet, right
>>
>>81541161
For every CWC there's about 1,000 worse atheists.
>>
>>81541044

>Hitler was a vocal Christian

>The heaviest blow that ever struck humanity was the coming of Christianity. Bolshevism is Christianity's illegitimate child. Both are inventions of the Jew. The deliberate lie in the matter of religion was introduced into the world by Christianity. Bolshevism practises a lie of the same nature, when it claims to bring liberty to men, whereas in reality it seeks only to enslave them. In the ancient world, the relations between men and gods were founded on an instinctive respect. It was a world enlightened by the idea of tolerance. Christianity was the first creed in the world to exterminate its adversaries in the name of love. Its key-note is intolerance. Without Christianity, we should not have had Islam. The Roman Empire, under Germanic influence, would have developed in the direction of world-domination, and humanity would not have extinguished fifteen centuries of civilisation at a single stroke. Let it not be said that Christianity brought man the life of the soul, for that evolution was in the natural order of things. The result of the collapse of the Roman Empire was a night that lasted for centuries.
>-Adolf Hitler (12th of July, 1941)

You need to quit getting facts from ThinkProgress.org.
>>
>>81541201
>cult of Rome
>Christian
>>
>>81537015
>One episode they reference God
>SO THIS SHOW HATES CHRISTIANS EH?

Typical.

>>81537052
inb4 some falseflags as an avid r and m fan who calls it a masterpiece just so that other people can circlejerk about how it isn't.
>>
>>81541211
Gott Mit Uns
>>
>>81541211
source
>>
File: 1489850487922.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489850487922.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>81539741
Doin gods work here anon, I'm glad someone finally posted reddit related shit in one of our vast rick and morty threads otherwise I would've forgot where I was lmaolol
>>
>>81541031
The scientists in your picture are perfect examples of where religion has hindered scientific advancement. A recurring theme in old scientists notes are a point where they do not understand something and concede that phenomenon to God. However had they on the other hand not believed in god they might have done what somebody did 50 years or so later and solved that problem only to concede to God once they where sufficiently challenged. It is widely accepted that many of those who gave up in this manner had they persisted would have advanced science significantly more.

All religious and "metaphysical" thought process is in resolute contradiction to a scientific thought process. The ignorance of the fallacy of unfalsifiable hypothesis is one of humanities' greatest enemies.
>>
>>81541211
Also
>According to Speer, Hitler stated in private, "The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"

>Similarly, Hitler was transcribed as saying: "Had Charles Martel not been victorious at Poitiers [...] then we should in all probability have been converted to Mohammedanism, that cult which glorifies the heroism and which opens up the seventh Heaven to the bold warrior alone. Then the Germanic races would have conquered the world."
>>
>>81541288
>according to this secondary unsourced claim
Yeah, I don't give a shit.
>>
>>81539853
that's a very surface level understanding. consciousness and matter are wholly separate, there is no known mechanism of interaction between the two. that's what led some of the leading quantum physicists (wheeler, schrodinger, planck) to the idealist philosophy, as planck put it, that "i regard consciousness as fundamental, i regard matter as derivative of consciousness"
>>
Do you fags really believe the world revolves around 4chan and reddit?
>>
File: tips hat.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tips hat.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>81541371
>consciousness and matter are wholly separate, there is no known mechanism of interaction between the two
let's test that
>>
>>81541402
Nah, Im an oldfag so its either gaia online or YTMND for me.
>>
>>81541402
Seems like it right?
>>
>>81537628
I've literally never seen someone pull off wearing a meme varsity jacket
>>
File: 1475795094407.png (711KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1475795094407.png
711KB, 640x640px
>>81541416
>>
>>81541287
Religion is the backbone of any society. When you remove it all you are left with is nihilism and hedonism. The current decline of the west can be linked to the death of the christian god. Its basically the story of atlantis repeating itself. Our knowledge outpaced our wisdom and virtue, we are no longer living within the laws of god, and our society is crumbling and the barbarians at the gate believe in a god that is very much alive.

Scientific progress is not all that is required for a society to function. People need value, a reason for existence, a place in the world. Religion provides all this and more.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge071m9bGeY
>>
>>81538058
no it's just considered a sin (Hatred of God) and is actually one of the 7 deadly sins, of which atheism isn't. Also these people usually just end up becoming satanists.
>>
>>81541522
That's all nice and well but why should one settle for the "my wife's son" of religions?
>>
File: 1454785382454.jpg (9KB, 231x220px) Image search: [Google]
1454785382454.jpg
9KB, 231x220px
>>81539902
That wholly depends on the definition of god. If you're talking about the god that 99 of Christians believe in, then I don't believe that exists, just like the many thousands of gods that have been worshipped.

If you define god as some sort of unknowable prime mover, then the claim is in falsifiable and might as well be meaningless.
>>
File: 1436036344029.png (152KB, 300x319px) Image search: [Google]
1436036344029.png
152KB, 300x319px
>>81541522
>When you remove it all you are left with is nihilism and hedonism
What, no. I'm a gnostic atheist and I'm neither hedonist nor nihilist. Philosophy has existed separate from religion for forever and certainly to an extent way beyond those two schools.

>The current decline of the west can be linked to the death of the christian god.
What decline? Are you 20 years old and believe what you read on /pol/ about the """direction""" the world is heading.

>Its basically the story of atlantis repeating itself.
Perhaps poetry is your avenue?

>Our knowledge outpaced our wisdom and virtue, we are no longer living within the laws of god, and our society is crumbling and the barbarians at the gate believe in a god that is very much alive.
Groundless claims, rantings with prectically religious predisposition and timeless, TIMELESS fearmongering. You're fucked man.

>Scientific progress is not all that is required for a society to function.
Agreed. Not doing any of your other bullshit credit though.

>People need value, a reason for existence, a place in the world. Religion provides all this and more.
People can fulfill those needs very well without religion.
>>
>>81541416
and how do you propose to prove that his consciousness no longer exists?
>>
>>81541766
>gnostic atheist

Are you trolling? You know, with complete certainty, that there is no god? Explain to me how you have avoided nihilism. From where do you derive value?
>>
>>81541201
what? stop being weird, weirdo
>>
>>81539535
This image just makes atheists look worse. If you lack knowledge why are you running around parading and celebrating your unfounded "belief?" Why are you pretending you're more intelligent than people who believe in a god? People that lack knowledge are inherently not vocal and abrasive about things like most autistic atheists are both in real life and on the internet. And I disagree that the percentage of atheists that "know" god doesn't exist is small.
>>
>>81541161
hes about as much of a christian as he is a woman.
>>
>>81541915
Not trolling, I know with complete certainty there is no god. To simplify how I got to that point you could make an odds calculation say there is one case where there is a god and there are infinite other equally unfalsifiable, ridiculous assumptions about the origin of the world. Take those assumptions and number them represented by n and (1/n) while n approaches infinite = 0% is the chance there is a God. In words, there is certainly no God.

>Explain to me how you have avoided nihilism. From where do you derive value?
I derive value form whatever I feel like. My ground premise is that of an universalist, I think that witch makes the most people happy is good morally, I then make adjustments to this premise whenever I happen upon a dilemma. I expect that the fulfillment experienced from acting within my own made up meaning of the world is equal to one that could have been dictated to me.
>>
>>81537015
That depends, do you let your dumb religion get in the way of entertaining things?
>>
>>81542318
>I expect that the fulfillment experienced from acting within my own made up meaning of the world is equal to one that could have been dictated to me.

but why do you seek to experience fulfillment. If you are doing it for the joy of the experience then you are just a hedonist.
>>
>>81542555
>If you are doing it for the joy of the experience
I am not only doing it for the joy of the experience since I know I would still do it if it gave me no joy or even hurt me. Your definition of hedonism is however slightly off or you're misunderstanding. The satisfaction experienced form complying with your morals is unlike the warmth of sunlight och the good taste of wine not a hedonistic satisfaction. The distinction is philosophical. If any affirmational neurological response was hedonistic, also religious people would only ever be hedonistic and only the delusion of a false hypothesis about extra-neurological sensation could change that. The equivalent of saying "it's not the body but the spirit", which is revolting.
>>
>>81542834
och=and
slipped in some Swedish, lol
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.