[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Films you "rewrite" in your mind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 11

ITT: Films you constantly rewrite in your head to make them better, because you're autistic as fuck and overthink shit

Pic related - it's the most disappointing film I've watched in my entire life
>>
>>81525857
I do this most of the time. There's always something that could be done better in film and television specifically because there is always some form of corner cutting. I recently made a .txt for all the shit I would recreate in Korra for seasons 3 and 4.
>>
File: 226357main_2001_eva_t_full.jpg (772KB, 3000x1370px) Image search: [Google]
226357main_2001_eva_t_full.jpg
772KB, 3000x1370px
>>
>>81525857
Tell us what you would change
>>
Is this the one where that woman fucks a car?
>>
>>81526813
yeah
>>
>>81525857
The Counselor is probably my favorite film.

Media buried it because it contained too much truth. (prob most redpilled film ever)

Anons here most likely don't even understand what was about.
>>
The most important scene from the Counselor was cut from the theatrical relase (it's on the blu-ray. If you haven't seen this scene you could not have understoof The Counselor.

>DEALER: Ach. Well. How to say. There is no culture save the Semitic culture. There. The last known culture before that was the Greek and there will be no culture after.

>COUNSELOR: That’s a bold claim.

>DEALER: The heart of any culture is to be found in the nature of the hero. Who is that man who is revered? In the classical world it is the warrior. But in the western world it is the man of God. From Moses to Christ. The prophet. The penitent. Such a figure is unknown to the Greeks. Unheard of. Unimaginable. Because you can only have a man of God, not a man of gods. And this God is the God of the Jewish people. There is no other God. We see him—what is the word? Purloined. Purloined in the West. How do you steal a God? The Jew beholds his tormentor dressed in the vestments of his own ancient culture. Everything bears a strange familiarity. But the fit is always poor and the hands are always dripping blood. That coat. Didn’t that belong to Uncle Chaim? What about the shoes? Enough. I see your look. No more philosophy. And perhaps Schiller is right. When gods were more human men were more divine. The stones themselves have their own view of things. Perhaps they are not so silent as you think. They were piped up out of the earth in a time before any witness was, but here they are. Now, who shall be their witness? We. We two. Here. (Fitting a stone in the clip) This is a cautionary stone.

>COUNSELOR: A cautionary diamond.
>>
File: whatever.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
whatever.gif
3MB, 359x202px
why haven't i seen a webm of brad pitt getting his head cut off from this movie?
>>
>>81527258
>when the gods were more human, men were more divine.
Yeah like how men walked around with little boys they'd fuck whenever they like. No thanks.
>>
>>81527187
100% agree. Lemmings read the corrupt reviews and fell for the meme that it was bad. It wasn't. And you're right, very few people even understood what it was abour.
>>
>>81527258
Does DEALER know men on the regular copulated with other men, as well as little boys in those days?
>>
>>81527421
>>81527450
here comes the shills.
>>
>>81527475
Caught me read handed. Only a shill would be against pederasty.
>>
>>81527475
Yep. Dealer was a Sephardic Jew.
>>
>>81527475
...What would I be shilling for? I tell you what I'm not shilling for: Men fucking other men and little boys.
>>
>>81525857
this movie fucking sucked.
also, try BvS. These autists hail it as a cult classic and shit already and it's an awful movie
>>
File: in44.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
in44.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>81527511
Taking the philosophical breadth of the statement, and reducing it to pedophilia (which has nothing to do with it), is sooooooooo intellectually dishonest, there is no way not to be highly skeptical of your motive.
>>
>>81527591
Nah. It was just one example of pre-Christian degeneracy.
>>
>>81527591
Are you some kind of homo who wants to fuck little boys or something? What breadth? That the Greek days were the good ol' days? Where gods were human, men divine? Divine enough to fuck little boys? I see you.
>>
>>81527546
It's ok. I know you're full of shit.

Ridley Scott must be a very powerful man. I'm amazed this movie even got made.
>>
>>81527666
Nice try, Satan. I'm not gonna fuck little boys in this life or the next.
>>
>>81527664
They fear The Counselor.
>>
File: imaged.jpg (4KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
imaged.jpg
4KB, 318x159px
>>81527692
kek, you're really upset that quote got posted aren't you.
>>
>>81527739
Not gonna get me in your hedonistic convent, man.
>>
I always think about how LOST could have been structured better. that and the matrix sequels
>>
>>81527258
>And this God is the God of the Jewish people. There is no other God.

WRONG. Jews borrowed heavily from the Egyptians and the Babylonians
>>
>JEFE: Yes. At the understanding that life will not take you back. I have no wish to paint the world in colors more somber than those it wears but as the world gives way to darkness it becomes more and more difficult to dismiss the understanding that the world is in fact oneself. It is a thing which you have created, no more, no less. And when you cease to be so will the world. There will be other world. Of course. But they are the worlds of other men and your understanding of them was never more than an illusion anyway. Your world – the only one that matters – will be gone. And it will never come again. And now I must go. I have calls to make, and then, if there is time, I will take a little nap.

OP, you want to rewrite this? You must think very highly of yourself.
>>
>>81527888
I don't think you understand the quote.
>>
>>81528037

I don't you do actually. Jews like everybody else has a religion that is built on others.
>>
>>81528075
That's not the point of the quote anon.

>How do you steal a God?
>>
People only hate The Counselor because no one has any interest in the poetry of movies anymore

Nowadays it's either new sincerity, or all about irony and memes
>>
File: indexc.jpg (9KB, 308x163px) Image search: [Google]
indexc.jpg
9KB, 308x163px
Situation in Juarez covered.

Not a peep from the so called liberals during last election cycle's 'racism' fest.
>>
This movie is way too verbose.

A lot of it felt like the worst of the Judge's speeches.

Every character sounded the same and nothing happened and what was said wasn't all that insightful and made me think Cormac likes the smell of his own farts.
>>
>>81528151
Agreed.

People pretended to dislike it (in reality they almost certainly didn't understand it), because it was too esoteric, too honest, and the media colluded against it.
>>
>>81528290
Why did he write the script? Doesn't he usually just write literature? Seemed like a weird move.

Btw I love his books.
>>
File: nnn.jpg (10KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
nnn.jpg
10KB, 277x182px
Even the little details were important.
>>
>>81528133
As someone who hasn't seen the film, how about you say what's actually on your mind instead of quoting the film.
>>
>>81528357
Yep. It was his first foray into screenwriting.

I love his books too. But F. Scott Fitzgerald apparently struggled to write screenplays despite being a masterful novelist.

Different mediums and sometimes talent doesn't transfer across.
>>
>>81528393
It would require at least an essay.

It's better to present certain points to look at, and hopefully people will look into it themselves.

For instance I would look into the history of HSBC from it's inception to it's recent involvement in Mexico.
>>
>>81528453
They money laundered for the cartel. What do I take from this? Corruption is abound? That is common knowledge.
>>
File: The_Sunset_Limited.jpg (57KB, 336x496px) Image search: [Google]
The_Sunset_Limited.jpg
57KB, 336x496px
>>81528357
He wrote 3 screenplays.

Also good (pic related)
>>
>>81528527
The Sunset Limited was a play before it was adapted for the screen.
>>
>>81528526
Yes of course. HSBC has always been a narco bank. The HS is for Hong Kong/Shanghai. Think about it over/against some of the quotes itt.
>>
>>81528413
Interesting. I didn't know about Fitzgerald's screenplay struggles. It's fascinating how skills don't always translate to different but similar areas of writing.
>>81528527
I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!
>>
>>81528597
>We see him—what is the word? Purloined. Purloined in the West. How do you steal a God?

With drugs? I'm really not sure what you're getting at and you should probably just say what's on your mind so we can discuss things. I'm sorry if I'm brusque, but I mean damn. Just say it.
>>
>>81528597

It's such a relevant piece of art right now. McCarthy is a genius.
>>
>>81528697
What's relevant about it? Why are you skirting around actually talking about it?
>>
>>81528670
Look into the history f the Opium Wars/Boxer Rebellion/Sassoon family.

Connect it to:

>>81527258
>>81528256
>>81528388

You'll begin to understand the film more.
>>
>>81528825
The violence in Mexico is in response to foreign aggression/imperialism under the guise of help i.e. that bank?
>>
File: wat.jpg (48KB, 450x522px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
48KB, 450x522px
>>81527187

redpilled about what? Its not enough substance, just shitty things happening and no conflict resolution
>>
>>81528864
I'm not sure that there is any guise of help.

Think about it more philosophically. Like the inherent duality of the world. Represented in the border etc.

>The truth is that anything you can say about a diamond is in the nature of a flaw. The perfect diamond would be composed simply of light.
>>
>>81529036
I'm just gonna watch the film this weekend because you keep not saying what you want to say.
>>
>>81529131
You should def watch it. Watch the Director's cut, not the theatrical version.

It's not simple what it's about. I could write 100 pages on it no problem.
>>
>>81529255
>Watch the Director's cut, not the theatrical version
Word. I'll probably make a thread about it after I watch it if you're around. And checked.
>>
>>81529255
Why don't you write it down on Medium or Letterboxd or something? It'd be a good post viewing read
>>
>>81529036
McCarthy is definitely using the border as a symbol. Like the flag in Reiner's office.

The quote is a good one. Diamonds propel both the virtuous and treacherous motives in the film. And it onto itself is a manifestation of a corruption. As is the world in which we inhabit, which is a corrupt version of the actual world.

Like Kafka said, "we live in false belief".
>>
Interstellar
>>
>>81528909
well that bit about how the worst thing you can do to a woman is bore her does run pretty contrary to current narratives.

Of course trying to say it was buried cuz troof is ridiculous. It's a pile of shit through and through.
>>
>>81525857
Not the same thing, but I always wondered why they chose to use Paint it Black instead of Sympathy for the Devil over the end credits of The Devil's Advocate. The latter would have been much more fitting.
>>
>>81528909
Amongst other things, more truth about what's really going down in Mexico in a 2 hour film, then there was in 10,000 hours on nonsense rhetoric last election cycle.
>>
>>81529666
"dem cartelz is crazy yo" shouldn't really be new information to anyone.
>>
>>81529609
>The truth about women is that you can do anything to them except bore them.
>>
>>81529706
what you see, is what you deserve.
>>
>>81529748
So if you see profundity in shit, you deserve shit.
>>
>>81527258
Dealer's office was in Amsterdam. ie: Dutch East India Company. It's pretty clear what McCarthy is saying.
>>
>>81529810
Yep. Bingo.
>>
>>81527258
>men of god revered in the west

so is this something mccarthy wrote in the 60s?
>>
File: her-movie-scene-8.jpg (36KB, 700x438px) Image search: [Google]
her-movie-scene-8.jpg
36KB, 700x438px
>>81525857
Her

the entire time the app was a scam, and the AI was a real person matched with theodore's personality that was supposed to bait him along for money, but she falls in love with him and out of shame reveals herself and the whole scam, causing the entire thing to come crashing down.

the two never meet face to face and she goes off the grid, but he falls for Amy Adams character anyway like in the movie

I genuinely thought this was going to be the plot when I saw the trailer
>>
>>81529609
>Of course trying to say it was buried cuz troof is ridiculous.
not ridiculous at all.
>>
>>81529912
feel free to elaborate
>>
>>81529928
Read the thread. If any faculty at a US university said what McCarthy is in the saying in the film they would be terminated.
>>
>>81529409
Westray quotes the 1st line of this poem by Goethe:

“All that is perishable is but a likeness;
the imperfect, which cannot be realized,
here makes itself reality;
that which cannot be described,
here finally completes itself.
It is the eternal feminine,
always attracting us to the higher.”
>>
>>81530023
thats a very nice fantasy you've got there.
>>
>>81530141
no, that's a straight up fact
>>
>>81530172
okay, that's a nice delusion you've got there.
>>
File: wheresyourheadman.gif (4MB, 600x254px) Image search: [Google]
wheresyourheadman.gif
4MB, 600x254px
>>81525857
Have you seen the director's cut? It really fleshes out the characters and makes the film much more effective. Cameron Diaz is still miscast but I think this film is pretty underrated.
>>
>>81530023
if only because no US university has courses on pseudo-intellectual bullshit generated from feeding works on geology, finance, foreign affairs, and some existentialism to a pig and then setting the shit on fire. So saying similar things would mean the instructor had gone completely off curriculum and/or their rocker.
>>
>>81530215
Ok, Go be a professor and say anything close to this to a class: >>81527258

and get back to me w/ what happens.
;

and get back to me.
>>
>>81527258
i remember this seen and i pirated the movie
it was out of place and made no sense to the story except for jews bragging about how great they are
>>
>>81530298
>go be a professor and spout inane gibberish and see how long you keep your job

>>
This movie is such a trainwreck it's actually worth watching. Same with Southland Tales.
>>
reminder there is no way for the bolo to have generated sufficient torque to be anything beyond uncomfortable
>>
>>81530304
He's def not bragging. And it's def for a reason that he is a Sephardic Jew.

Instead of being obstinate why don't you try and understand the film? It's worth it.
>>
>>81530395
Possibly because the jew's argument is predicated upon a faulty assertion.

Reverence for men of god haven't been culturally relevant in the west for decades.
>>
>>81530322
>spout inane gibberish
the man is a MacArthur Fellow.

Who are you?
>>
>>81530455
>hes an authority so hes right

mental midgetry
>>
>>81530455
Oh, so you're trolling. Its the "le ebin pretend shit movie is secretly genius and anyone who doesn't agree is le dumb" maymay.

carry on then
>>
>>81530440
you should play closer attention to the world.

Also consider, a 'man of god' isn't necessarily holy.
>>
>>81530476
>>81530504
fuck off shills.

I think it's fair to say Cormac McCarthy is beyond 'insane gibberish'.
>>
>OP thinks he can write better than McCarthy

My sides are in orbit
>>
>>81530571
Go eat his literal shit out of his anus then, because everything that he produces is amazing
>>
>>81526694
What would you change?
>>
>>81530527
oh so hes saying money is god in the west oh wow that's so utterly profound
>>
>>81530571
>it's insane gibberish goy. Go watch The Big Short instead.
>>
>>81525857
Biggest pleb filter of all time. I think /v/ might be more your pace, OP.
>>
>>81530629
nope.
>>
>>81530629
>hes saying money is god in the west
ha. no. $ isn't even real.
>>
>>81530709
I think the censors/central committee for the most part where too pleb to understand this film.

For which I am grateful.
>>
>>81530722
>>81530722
>>81530774
I love these replies and the general faggotry here. You can say what it isn't, but never try to explain what it is, because you might show how stupid you actually are and how you don't know shit
>>
>>81530774
neither is god

such deep
>>
>>81530951
whose to say? I believe McCarthy is an agnostic.
>>
>>81530697
more like cliche wrapped in intentional obfuscation so people don't realize McCarthy is actually a hack.
>>
>>81530982
dude money clearly isn't real but it affects everything around us oh wow so it really is like god even if you're agnostic wow man lmao
>>
>>81530995
you're not smart enough to even scratch the surface here shill.
>>
>>81531031
Its funny you'd say that after I hit the core of mccarthy's assertion
>>
>>81531020
>thread of thoughtful analysis
>shill makes stupid one line nonsense to derail

meh. Anons should watch the movie and decide for themselves.
>>
>>81531047
you're so not even close.

But good luck with the disinfo.

Your angle is about as profound as the shill clinging to pedophilia earlier itt.

And Cormac McCarthy doesn't need me to defend him.
>>
>>81531062
>>81531118
>thread is nothing but retards saying "such deep"
>thoughtful analysis

i mean its okay if you don't actually understand what mccarthy is saying. But its kinda not if you're actually going so far as to believe hes saying something even if he isn't, as speaking against that sort of thought is what mccarthy is speaking against.
>>
rouge one and star wars 8, i always just want them to be one glorious movie and leave the stupid ass deathstar plans behind or to someone with half a fucking imagination
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.