[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck you I like it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: watch-john-oliver-online.jpg (70KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
watch-john-oliver-online.jpg
70KB, 660x330px
Fuck you I like it.
>>
>t. asianmasculinity
>>
I won't post in this thread
>>
only /pol/tards and Big Business bootlickers hate it
>>
>>81522275

>LE CURRENT YEAR

fuck this guys schtick aged quickly
>>
How could I not like it. It is 2017 afterall
>>
>>81522621
Nah. I lean left and I hate it because the humor is really, really lazy and all the jokes are spelled out for the viewer.
>>
I thought he was the best Daily Show host they ever had. But his HBO show really isn't very funny. I think if you randomly picked a few people off of /tv/ that have watched it they could easily write an episode
>>
The European episode last year looks really fucking horrible after everything that happened.
>joke about Belgium toasters
>bomb in Belgium airport
Really makes you ponder
>>
Its very hit and miss in jokes but the content is good

Also catheter cowboy was GOAT
>>
>COME ON IT'S 2015 posting was 2 years ago
>>
File: reddit politics.png (20KB, 401x96px) Image search: [Google]
reddit politics.png
20KB, 401x96px
>mfw politifact is used as a source
>>
>>81522611
BUT HE DID LOL

>>81522275
Yeah it's usually pretty good, sometimes he lays it on too heavy. He just triggers thin-skinned /pol/tards because he's so smug.
>>
>>81523407
Which is hilarious because their rallying flag is a smug frog
>>
>>81523386
I've never gotten /pol/'s hatred of politifact. I'll agree that their scores are misleading and headlines aren't great, but the actual articles contain full explanations with facts.
>>
Hes very, very liberal and the bias shows on a lot of topics. It can be very good though. Here is something he agrees with Trump on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpzvaqypav8
>>
>>81523621
Nobody reads the articles. And they choose their own facts just as much as breitbart.
>>
>>81522621
I'm a John Oliver fan and a Berniecuck and I think its mediocre
>>
>>81523621
>full explanations with facts
yeah, alternative facts
>>
>>81523657
>it's only good when he agrees with Trump
good God, you're dumb
>>
>>81523744
>Nobody reads the articles
Then that's everyone's fault, not politifact's.
>>
>>81522275
Will he ever reconcile with 2016?
>>
File: crazed skeleton demands calcium.jpg (20KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
crazed skeleton demands calcium.jpg
20KB, 400x303px
Humor is weak, and the politics is the worst form of partisanship.
But that could be be forgiven, if the humor weren't so weak.
When /tv/ could write a satirical script, put it in front of me with no context and I could take it as legit, you have a predictable program.
>>
>>81523793
I think Trump is a dumbass, just showing the
>le current year man
posters that there is more too it than that.
>>
>>81523621
>but the actual articles contain full explanations with facts.

They contain partisan spin

Hence why Dems are given "mostly true" ratings for saying something while a Repub would get "mostly false" for the same thing, just as one example
>>
>>81522275
Its ok, its good enough to out on while I cook and its the closest thing left to Daily Show. Oliver still has some huge glaring flaws that he should've worked out by now:
1: making the same shitty joke where he compares something ridiculous to two things that don't belong together
2. dragging out every good joke til it stops being funny
3. his pathetic attempts to have a personal rivalry with Trump, it comes across as very "notice me sempai"

That being said, he's the best host left, has some occasional good bits, and seems to genuinely care about journalism and hope that his show acts as a gateway to his idiot viewers educating themselves.
>>
File: latenight.jpg (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
latenight.jpg
1MB, 1242x2208px
Who is the most cancerous?
>>
>>81522275
who doesn't love getting liberal shit shoved down their throats.
>>
>>81524619
I don't watch any of them, but I've consistently heard Samantha Bee and Trevor Noah are unfunny.
>>
>>81524619
I think Seth Meyers is the worst. Almost his entire show is to take straight news headlines or videos, show them out of context, and smugly grin at the camera. The rest of it is being snarky. He could maybe stretch that schtick out if he had some charisma, but he has none. Atleast Colbert and Stewart have some charisma and comedic timing. I don't know most of the rest, although I've liked John Oliver as guest stars on sitcoms and stuff like that alright, I've never really seen his show except a few popular monologues where he preaches about how absurd everyone in America is. I haven't seen Maher in years, and I've never seen Trevor Noah (I don't have cable and I've always thought the Daily Show was overrated). I don't know who the woman in that image is.
>>
>>81522275
Based from what I know of you, it's typical.
>>
It's not funny enough to hold my interest and the jokes all follow the same paint by numbers formula. It's basically just 60 Minutes for left leaning millennials.
>>
>>81524619
based Corden is the best
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.