[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DEBATE: Is it worth watching Rogue One?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

need help deciding whether to rent it
>>
>>81520272
Yep only rent. No commentary and no deleted scenes is a no buy for me
>>
it's good. best star wars movie.
>>
Jyn has an attractive ulnar styloid process, but that's about it.
>>
>>81520272
Oh and btw yes there are still countries that have video stores

>inb4 Muricans be like "BUT BLOCKBUSTER DOESNT EXIST ANYMORE"
You know maybe if u did ur research into other countries you would realise that yes Blockbuster does still exist
>>
>>81520272
Depends if you like OT Star Wars without the personality, but with PT action scenes.
>>
don't trust these people. it's fucking worthless, boring, and not anything like Star Wars.

do not waste your time, or your money.

it's not even entertaining.
>>
>>81520272
Yes, but don't expect too much. TFA was better.
>>
File: member berries.jpg (24KB, 423x377px) Image search: [Google]
member berries.jpg
24KB, 423x377px
>>81520392
>and not anything like Star Wars
that's the good thing about it. we already had 4 rehashes
>>
>>81520357
>Redbox
>>
Scarif was fucking dope
>>
>>81520272

save your money
>>
>>81520412
>TFA was better.

>implying

TFA should have been more like Rogue One. Preferably with less quips though.

>>81520447
Getting to see Star Destroyers in action again was nice.
>>
I saw it a couple nights ago, forgot about it just a few minutes later. It's hilariously bland and forgettable. The only thing that worked for me was the quip-bot.
It's not bad, but it's not particularly good either. Forgettable is honestly the word for it.
Strangely enough, when it ended I felt an immense urge to watch the original trilogy again because it felt like a prequel. So that's a plus.
>>
>>81520272
You sound like the kind of guy who hates every movie he watches so you should probably skip it.
>>
File: 1466928227332.png (1MB, 1261x639px) Image search: [Google]
1466928227332.png
1MB, 1261x639px
>>81520272
Watched it last night on a plane. Much better than TFA, but that isn't saying a tremendous amount. Definitely worth a rent.
>>
>>81520392
hmm. I'm only willing to watch it for entertainment. if it's not even exciting or well written it's not worth the time.

not trying to watch Star Trek 2017 with a Star Wars paintjob
>>
>>81520581

don't worry, he's just shitposting anyway
>>
>>81520740
I'm trying to manipulate the situation into giving me an accurate representation of reality

don't worry I'll rent it
>>
>>81520392
>and not anything like Star Wars.
Kek this anon is right. Why RLM said this was a fan film when it wasnt. TFA was nothing but a fan film
>>
It's alright. The rewrites and cut content are painfully obvious and the pacing is all over the place though. I'd rent it if I were you
>>
>>81520272
much better than TFA, but some parts are cliché central

its a 7.7/10 meal with really bad farting in between
>>
>>81520392
I thought the whole tactical guerilla warfare thing near the end was cool raiding scarif.
>>
>>81521473
This is like the only movie where reshoots actually made it better
>>
>>81520272
No
>>
>>81520272
Just skip to the final battle. The film is unwatchable aside from the cool visuals.
>>
>>81520272
worst star wars movie.
>>
I enjoyed it, I could give up 1-3 for the last two minutes of Rogue One.
>>
>>81520306
> No commentary and no deleted scenes

Feels like the Director's Cut is inevitable then.

Disney are a lot of things but they aren't stupid, I was thinking this when everyone was OMG reshoot! So expensive!

Disney were probably delighted at having engineered deniable circumstances in which everyone would buy the home release twice. Wouldn't work for many things, but Star Wars is special after all.
>>
>>81520272
Nothing is worth watching, ever.
>>
rent it???

what do you mean?
>>
>>81520272
Yeah rent it
It's good fun
Its boring at the beginning and in the middle, but it is completely worth it for the third act.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.