[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free Fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7137.jpg (76KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7137.jpg
76KB, 509x755px
Who else is hype for this?

I'm hopeful but skeptical. The reviews seem to agree that it's a really loud 2-hour gunfight without any real plot and plenty of bantz to go around, but whether or not that constitutes a good movie appears to be up for debate.

I'll be happy if it actually is as such, but at the same time I feel like I might be let down by my own hype.

Trailer here: https://youtu.be/oDD3I0uOlqY
>>
Bump

Also have any britfags seen this already? What did you think of it?
>>
>>81516646
Yeah I saw it on opening day. Liked it for the first hour or so, but really started to drag towards the end for me. Final little twist really pissed me off.
I'd say it's about a 6/10, don't regret spending money on it but really nothing to be hyped about.
>>
>>81516646
I've seen it: it's a fun film with some really great dialog and performances, the only issue I have is that in comparison to the majority of the film, I found the beginning to be quite slow. But yeah, overall, great film, I would learn to manage your expectations though OP, you get too hyped for it you won't enjoy it as much.
>>
really nice poster
>>
>>81516911
this
>>
>>81515704
looks like a meme movie, taylor made for reddit
>>
>>81516997
whos taylor?
>>
>>81516722
>>81516876
My experience with hype has been kinda interesting: If I'm hype for it but have a little bit of doubt, I'll be that much happier when the film turns out to be great (Fury Road and John Wick 2). If it's unabashed pure hype to the point where I'm making excuses for shitty reviews the film never lives up (Suicide Squad).

I'll go in with a grain of salt I guess.
>>
>>81517009
I think he means Taylor Swift
>>
love Wheatley's other movies so I can't wait for this. It'll be cool to see how he handles a full action movie, the action in Kill List and A Field in England was pretty intense
>>
>>81517123
I've heard really good things about Kill List and A Field In England. Should I check those out?

I liked High Rise despite it being kinda long, the aesthetic was great and watching everything go to hell was entertaining.
>>
>>81517207
>Kill List and A Field In England
These two are his best by far. Feel everything else he's made is just above average.
>>
>>81517207
they're similarly slow-paced at first then go crazy in the second half. I prefer both to High-Rise but Kill List is relentlessly bleak and A Field in England is just a strange surreal movie. since you liked High Rise I definitely recommend them though
>>
>>81516722
sounds like typical wheatley
>>
>>81515704
>he reviews seem to agree that it's a really loud 2-hour gunfight without any real plot

DROPPED

Only redditfags would think this is a good idea
>>
>>81517296
I dig it. Sounds like he's a director with a neat style, and I feel like it'd be a good learning experience for me since I want to direct action.

>>81517321
I'll admit that the trailer gives off a bit of a Boondock Saints vibe but honestly I've got a hard-on for action movies that take place in one night and ones that take place in a confined location, so I'm already kinda biased towards this.
>>
>Directed by Ben Wheatley

Consider my interest piqued.
>>
looks good tbf senpai

and I like Cilian Murphy
>>
>>81517629
I'm really interested in Sharlto Copley/Brie Larson doing their thing.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.