[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some shows for people who are as smart as me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: rickandmorty.jpg (305KB, 2048x973px) Image search: [Google]
rickandmorty.jpg
305KB, 2048x973px
What are some shows for people who are as smart as me?
>>
SASQUATCH NUGGETS SAUTE
>>
File: rickandmortyintelligent.jpg (60KB, 744x437px) Image search: [Google]
rickandmortyintelligent.jpg
60KB, 744x437px
>>81505366
cosmos, jeopardy, gods not dead (to be watched ironically)
>>
>>81505366
rick and morty can only be understood by the smartest people in the word. 95th percentile people.

SHIT ON THE FLOOR!
>>
>>81505366
*bitchslaps Morty*
Typical of a little crying loser like yourself to say that.
Now get out of my way while I create my own luck, my own life and my own happiness.
You can't create anything but misery.

On a 1/10 how Told was this?
>>
File: reddit and memey.jpg (140KB, 662x466px) Image search: [Google]
reddit and memey.jpg
140KB, 662x466px
>MORTY *BLEGGGHHG* QUICK, GET ME THE GOD FROM MY WORKBENCH
>uh oh geez rick there is no god on y-
>THAT'S RIGHT *BURRRPPPP* MORTY THERE'S NO GOD
>>
kys shills
>>
Get this forced meme out of here.
>>
The only thing I hate about rick and morty are these pathetic threads.

Good job being worse than caricatures you are "ironically" mocking
>>
Is Rick and Morty the animated version of The Big Bang Theory?
>>
>>81505366

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty
>>
>>81505412

It should probably be noted that almost every single major figure in the atheist movement is Jewish. You could make a compelling argument that atheism is specifically being pushed by Jews in today's society, and they seem to largely be targeting western Christians and only them.

For example, Sam Harris, Chapman Cohen, David Silverman, Michael Newdow, Gregory Epstein, Sherman Wine, Bill Maher, Eric Kaufmann, and of course, Richard Dawkins's mother has a Jewish surname and was stated to have lived in the only Jewish suburb of the city she grew up in. But he hasn't explicitly named her religion.

But that's only a tiny part of the list. We could discuss the Jewish atheists who aren't pushing atheism so much as atheism-enabling political views like Marxism. For example Soklonikov, Trotsky, Deutscher, Lenin, Uritsky, Kamenev, Zinoviev and Sverdlov.

And what about atheist Jewish public entertainers that constantly run down Christianity? We can go ahead and recycle Bill Maher here and also include Jon Leibowitz, Stephen Fry, Woody Allen, Rob Reiner, Daniel Radcliffe, Larry David, David Silverman, and... I'm sure I'm close to the post cap, so rather than just name the rest of Hollywood, you get the point.

PURE COINCIDENCE though.
>>
>>81505522
Why did this make me laugh so hard
>>
>>81505366
>let's all believe we don't have a culture to belong to
>huh, why are we all suddenly depressed
Bravo western world
>>
>>81505366
>le intellectual existentialism :-)
>>
>>81506320
yes exactly, it's a meme show, taylor made for reddit
>>
>>81506510
what's regular existentialism?
>>
>>81506549
you want to actually learn about some basic philosophical concepts? there are certainly much more indepth and respectable ways to do that than watch some hamfisted trash like rick and morty.

it thinks simply referencing the philosophy and leaving the basic surface level definition of it is enough to still be considered intellectual or profound, when really it's just on par with a pop culture reference.
>>
>>81506549
Home Improvement
>>
>>81506595
Stop acting like you have even the slightest grasp on philosophy you mental midget.
What is being referenced in the OP pic is nihilism, not existentialism, you clearly don't understand either one of these concepts.
Not that they're complicated, you bullshitter.
>>
>>81506679
See? you're doing it now.

The writers are just like you. They watched a school of life video on neechee once and think they're tough shit, when it's something every 15 year old learns nowadays.
>>
Gee I don't know where this all R&M hype come from recently, never watched it appart from a few extracts randomly seen on youtube, but the whole thing reeks of edginess and euphoria like I've rarely seen before
>>
>>81505366
Teletubbies should be right up your alley, friend besto.
>>
This is like Invader Zim for faggots and bronies.
>>
>that tautology

Dumb memer.
>>
>>81506595
The thing is, could you blame the show for doing jokes on the subject?

I mean, I get that you could dislike it if the autor was a pretentious fuck (which is the most likely scenario). However, I don't think one should be obligated to write long satires about one subject, especially if you're doing a fucking cartoon.

I think there are 3 problems with rick and morty:
1. Jokes aren't so good.
2. Fanbase.
3. Pandering to that fanbase.
>>
Why do people get so faggoty about death? Death I believe is pretty much just a amore extreme version of going to sleep and this world isnt exactly a great place anyway. I dont understand why people are so afraid of death.
>>
There are YouTube videos by this channel called Wisecrack that might help you guys understand the philosophies in the show if you can't figure it out yourselves

Don't be ashamed, their Rick and Morty one has over 4 million views so you're not alone if you don't get it ha ha
>>
>>81507177
*tips*
>>
>>81506525
Fuck Taylor
>>
>>81505522
Whoa. Is that quote real? I didn't know television could be this deep and philosophical. How many awards has it won?
>>
>>81506595
Most of the time I don't see it as actually adding anything to the philosophical discussion though, the philosophy is used as a gag. There's no deep insight to Rock telling Morty nothing matters and to watch TV with him, the joke is that Rick justifies wasting a trivial amount of time with an existential excuse when he could just say that they need to wait out their current situation or there's nothing they can do at that point in time so why not relax.
>>
>>81506313
wouldn't ironically mocking something mean you actually like it?
>>
>>81506411
>A-at least the first season was good though
"No!"
>>
File: 1491771568782.jpg (20KB, 468x553px) Image search: [Google]
1491771568782.jpg
20KB, 468x553px
>/tv/ enjoys the show so much they shit on it ironically as a way of deconstructing their love for it
>>
>>81505366
>Nobody exists on purpose

I know for a fact my parents tried very hard to have me. Checkmate atheists
>>
>>81507735
>i project myself on a maori skin surfin mail club
>>
>>81506320
it must be, i mean... they both have science words in them
>>
>>81506453
>he believes in god because he thinks atheism is muh jooish plot
yes i know it's pasta but it's still retarded
>>
>>81507907

>he believes the atheism fairy magically exploded nothing into everything, for no reason, and had it magically form sentient life
>>
>plebbit and memey
>>
>>81507934
wtf i hate science now
>>
>>81507981

Only atheists think in terms of science vs religion. Think of it this way, science is the measure and study of the physical using observation and experimentation. By it's very nature it cannot presume to offer any substantial view on the metaphysical. You cannot materially quantify the immaterial. It's like looking through a microscope and trying to find an atom of justice or a molecule of mercy.

I hope you see why you're being fallacious.
>>
Your face when Rick lambasts the real world for being a bunch of sheep after mcdonalds brings back the Saskatchewan sauce in real life and he brags about being able to mold reality to his will
>>
>>81506313
It's Justin Roiland having a giggle at his retarded fanbase. Guarantee he came up with Reddit and Memey. Dude fucking hates reddit, which isn't that much of a shock since it's turbo cancer.

>there's a lame VS thread on reddit
>it was Saitama from One Punch Man vs overpowered piece of shit monster/angel from a webcomic or a novel
>it might have been a horseman of the apocalypse or the personification of sin or something trite
>the author of the webcomic or novel says that Saitama would win 100% of the time
>fan invokes the death of the author and goes on a sperg rant about how Saitama would lose.
>>
>>81506990
Invader Zim WAS for faggots and bronies tho
>>
>>81506595
well no shit a cartoon show doesn't go deeper into philosophy than surface level. it's rare even in popular literature. i wasn't asking about that.

i was referring to "intellectual existentialism" which i had not heard of before and i actually thought you might have some background in philosophy to make such a distinction. i was wrong to do that i see.
>>
>>81506313
Is this one o dem horseshoe dilemmas?
>>
>>81506751
That was my first post in the thread you clown.
You are a clueless retard.
What have you even read by Nietzsche? I'm pretty sure absolutely nothing, not that it would matter.
>>
Why does everything have to be either a textbook on existentialism transcribed from a 1500th century German philosopher or the big bang theory?

I don't watch the show to learn, I watch it because it's entertaining at its worst and clever at its best. Maybe those of you who watch cartoons expecting to transcend to another realm of intellectualism are the retards?
>>
>>81505366
This joke is made in jest in order for Morty to get his sister to do something. Out of context yeah, this sound depressing and edgy and stupid.
>>
>>81508871
>Dude fucking hates reddit,

Explains why they do Q&A's all the time, certainly.
>>
>>81505366
that quote really made me think
what's the name of the show? i want to watch it
>>
It's an okay show, but I'm really not sure why it gets so much shit. Are there that many asspained bible thumpers on here? Or is it more about some people touting the show around like the best thing since sliced bread?
>>
>>81506453
Maher claims to be raised catholic.
>>
>>81507934
atheism is either the lack of belief in a deity or belief that there is no deity. it doesn't imply belief in science at all.

>>81508465
>Only atheists think in terms of science vs religion.
clearly not since people like >>81507934 exist
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.