[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is with all of the Lovecraft shilling as of late? Is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0017.jpg (32KB, 285x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0017.jpg
32KB, 285x352px
What is with all of the Lovecraft shilling as of late? Is it the same faggot making these threads each time?
>>
>>81501312
>he hasn't heard the voices
>hasn't had the dreams
You wouldn't understand.
>>
Teevee likes him because he was against race mixing I guess
>>
>>81501312
DUDE TENTACLES LMAO
>>
Does anyone elses interest in lovecraft stem from sleep issues?

I've had sleep paralysis and bizarre nightmares since I can remember and its fueled my love for horror. Lovecraft stories capture the feeling of abstract anxiety better then any other story or genre can.
>>
>>81501665
I bought his entire collection from amazon not too long ago because I like bloodborne so much. I've only read a few short stories so far and they're pretty good. Especially from beyond and pickmans model. I can't wait to read some more and I'm going to watch from beyond tonight as it happens. I've heard all the films are shit but how can you say no to this kino cover?
>>
>>81501661
He wrote fantasies about the inevitable dissolution of Western society and everything you hold dear. It's quite relevant at this particular moment, what with environmental disaster, and all the rapey subhumans flooding into Europe.
>>
>>81501665
>>81501741
Forgot to mention that I've always had fucked up horror style nightmares and a few bad sleep paralysis moments too. I've always like darker films like the shining since I was 5.
>>
>>81501312
It's voidshills trying to pitch their cliched flick to Lovecraftautists, despite it having literally no link to Lovecraft's lore save >>81501664
and DUDE THINGS OLDER THAN GOD LMAO
>>
>Why does the currently most well-known author from the time period when genre fiction was at the peak of its popular, who has enjoyed a growing cult following since his initial publications which are now in the public domain and widely available for free online, continue to spark so much discussion on this discussion forum dedicated to discussing the most popular form of fiction today which has numerous works inspired by or adapted from said author?
>>
>Everytime that faggot who read 3 short stories of him (after King and Gainman) and thinks he's some educated faggot and the only one to have read him in middle School and thinks he knows what is truly lovecraftian.
>>
>>81503333
witnessed
>>
When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Reifag
>>
>>81503333
/thread
>>
colour out of space is his best work.
>>
File: 1449813430227.png (733KB, 568x788px) Image search: [Google]
1449813430227.png
733KB, 568x788px
>dude tentacles and crazy people lmao
>>
someone likes this cuck?
>>
Its because I just saw Mouth of Madness. You see, /tv/ always somehow posts about the films I just saw without me doing anything. Its strange but I guess its just one of those weird things in the universe that cant be explained.
>>
>>81503333
pack your shit OP
>>
>>81503651
This, when do we get a good adaption, I also want a whisper in the darkness and shadow over inns mouth adapted and not those shitty Lovecraft society ones
>>
>>81503333
>Why does the currently most well-known author from the time period

Seems to me you don't have the slightest clue about literature, keep up with those videogames of yours
>>
>>81501312
Serious question, was he a jew?
>>
>>81504248
Nope.
>>
>>81501312
he's a meme author favored by reddit
>>
File: breh.jpg (153KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
breh.jpg
153KB, 900x720px
>>81503651

Dude spooky rainbows lmao
>>
>>81504289
>reddit likes it so it's bad
>>
>>81504164
I think there is a German adaptation of a colour out of space...

The Lovecraft historical society make some movies and audio dramas.
>>
>>81501312
duh. same with the cyberpunk threads. its some 14 year old who thinks they discovered something.. 20 years after it was trendy.
>>
File: 1491236804301.jpg (302KB, 832x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491236804301.jpg
302KB, 832x960px
>>81503431
Stay mad, Asukapleb!
>>
>>81504384

Calm your tits, man I hate people who just shit on other people who are into stuff at the "wrong" time.
>>
>friend says he likes eldritch horror
>hasn't read a single piece of Lovecraft
>he just likes lmao tentacles, lmao unknowable yet easily described monsters

Reminder that if you use the term eldritch horror then you should fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>81504414
i shit on them because they have the well developed tastes of a 14 year old
check yourself chad
>>
>>81504164

What's wrong with the society? I've only listened to their Colour and Innsmouth radio plays and they were pretty good. At least, I think it was the society.
>>
>>81504420

Not really, eldritch has a very specific theme if used correctly. Keep being a shitlord though.
>>
>>81504164

Don't talk shit about Andrew Leman.
>>
>>81501312

It's not Lovecraft that's being shilled, it's The Void movie. And it's pretty blatant.

You're mistaking them because the script for The Void shilling always includes a reference to Lovecraft like, "Finally the Lovecraft movie we've all been waiting for!"
>>
>>81504457

A theme that has nothing to do with Lovecraft and isn't scary at all anymore due to the overuse of the same tropes. Tentacles and vagina dentata aren't scary nor are they "eldritch" in the way that Lovecraft would have used them.

>shitlord

Is dis nigga even serious?
>>
>>81504494

>He doesn't think Lovecraft invented eldritch horror

OH IM LAFFIN. How to prove you have never read a single tale.
>>
>>81501312
yes, lovecraft. you'd hardly imagine *his* spirit resting peacefully now
>>
>>81504221
>Seems to me you don't have the slightest clue about literature

Seems to me you don't know the difference between genre and literary fiction.

He objectively is the best known genre fiction writer of his day, which that fellow did specify in the part of the quote you conveniently left out.
>>
>>81504248
WASP

which is worse in the eyes of some
>>
>>81503255
It doesn't need to have direct links to the lore you autist. It has the same themes as Lovecraft.

Just because it doesn't shove HURR CTHULHU in your face doesn't mean it's not Lovecraftian.
>>
File: image.png (471KB, 1023x582px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
471KB, 1023x582px
>>81504088
This. I watched Madness a couple months ago after seeing it recommended in a Lovecraft thread, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since
>>
Faggot probably played Bloodborne and is feeling edgy
>>
>>81505703
Replace tentacles and Void with Satan/Aliens/Voodo/Your Mom/ Whatever, and what changes in the plot and anbience? Exactly nothing. Lovecraft shit is pasted on. Furthermore, the basement arc is a blatant Silent Hill rip-off. I guess Silent Hill games are lovecraftian now. Alert the media.
>>
>>81501312
>shilling for public domain
>>
Top Tier:
Nyalarthotep
At the Mountains of Madness
Call of Cthulhu

High Tier:
Haunter in the Dark
Colour out of Space
Shadows over Innsmouth
Dunwich Horror
Rats in the Walls (the cat in this story is named Nigger by the way)

Good but flawed Tier:
Whisperer in the Darkness
Shadow out of Time
The Thing on the Doorstep

So fucking weird that I literally had to stop and rest my brain every few pages but I'm pretty sure it was genius tier:
The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath

What am I missing?
>>
>>81501661
He married a jewish woman and completely disowned his racist writing* later in life.

*which he wrote in his late teens and early - mid 20s when he was a shut in; this seems familiar.
>>
File: 1427995704118.png (131KB, 241x245px) Image search: [Google]
1427995704118.png
131KB, 241x245px
>>81501312
It just works!
>>
>>81508869
What's the one where there's two guys & one of them goes into a crypt or some underground cave while other one waits outside?
>>
Lovecraft is fine, but just like Led Zepplin in music or Salvador Dali in art (just two examples), some autist "discovers" him and acts like he unearthed some unknown treasure. Proceeds to lord it over non-retards who politely humor him in hopes he goes away.
>>
Watched The Void last night. Pleasantly surprised.
>>
File: occcc.jpg (91KB, 632x450px) Image search: [Google]
occcc.jpg
91KB, 632x450px
>MUH UNFILMABLE HORROR
>>
>>81509587
"The Statement of Randolph Carter"
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.