[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does he.... "partake"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: ota.jpg (74KB, 575x300px) Image search: [Google]
ota.jpg
74KB, 575x300px
does he.... "partake"
>>
PTA hasn't made a good movie in ten years. Feels bad, man.
>>
>>81500454
PTA made his only great movie 3 years ago though.
>>
>>81500481
>PTA made his only great movie 3 years ago though.

There Will Be Blood, Magnolia and Boogie Nights came out 10+ years ago, though.
>>
>>81500548
TWWB and Boogie Nights are good movies, Magnolia is okay. Inherent Vice is so much better than all of them.
>>
>>81500454
?

Inherent Vice is a masterpiece.
Yes it has its problems, but most of that comes with PTA having to use Pynchon's most accessible book (for obvious reasons)
>>
>>81500454
/tv/ is PTA turf, faggot
>>
>>81500614
my fuckin nigga homedawg
>>
>>81500582

>Pynchon's most accessible book

Can you imagine trying to screenplay Gravity's Rainbow or Mason & Dixon?
>>
File: iv hmmm.jpg (302KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
iv hmmm.jpg
302KB, 1920x1040px
I can watch Magnolia and Inherent Vice over and over. There is something magical that pushes them along.
>>
>>81500614
+1
>>
>>81501649
I fucking HATE Magnolia, it's so fucking pretentious. Even PTA says he's embarassed by it now

His later shit is way better, doesn't try as hard
>>
>>81500454
Except The Master and Inherent Vice, both better than your favourite movie
>>
>>81503055
source on that m8?
>>
>>81503055
No he doesn't.
>>
>>81503472

The Master is There Will Be Blood but without a single interesting character in the entire film. We see Joaquin Phoenix as a degenerate at the beginning of the film. He joins a cult and remains a degenerate. He leaves the cult and stays a degenerate.

The Master is a character study with a boring main character. Daniel Plainview was actually interesting; he made There Will Be Blood a masterpiece. Joaquin Phoenix played a degenerate from the get-go, and did nothing throughout The Master.
>>
Elder god-tier:
The master
There will be blood
Inherent vice

Great-tier:
Boogie nights
Punch drunk love
>>
Seriously, there is no central conflict in The Master. A degenerate joins a cult, doesn't believe in a word the cult leader says, and then leaves the cult.

The trailer for the movie would have one believe that there was a fundamental difference between Joaquin Phoenix and Phillip Seymour Hoffman, but there never was. One was a degenerate; the other was a lying asshole. All they did was cross paths and nothing more.

The Master had nothing interesting to say.
>>
>>81501602
>we will never get a film adaptation of Byron the buld
>>
>>81504493
>>81504390
>degenerate
Please stop, people stop reading after this. Eve at surface lever there is a conflict, a master manipulator expert in brainwashing people is trying to brainwash a guy who can't be controlled. Don't want to be that guy but I think you didn't understand the movie
>>
>>81500316
The Master is legit just trolling the audience. The entire movie is just a representation of PTA and his audience

>PTA is Hoffman
>Audience is Joaquin
>Meth damon is me
>>
>>81503055
I've always hated Magnolia because of the people that go along with it
Say you prefer PTAs other films, Magnolia fanboys look down on you saying things like 'you're not deep enough to understand it'
They're defending a pretentious steaming pile of wank, but are deaf to any kind of criticism

You get the same kind of thing with Radiohead and The Smiths on /mu/
>>
>>81504413
>>81504413

There will be blood and the master are objectively his best works. But punch drunk love and inherent vice are my favorites. The rest are meh-tier.
>>
>>81504631

I did understand the movie. All you did was reiterate my complaint.

A violent, hedonistic individual (since degenerate won't do, even though he was a fucking degenerate) encounters a cult leader. The cult leader tries to control the degenerate, but the degenerate cannot be controlled. There is no central conflict in The Master. None. Nobody's viewpoints are threatened. Phoenix's character had nothing to do but act like an asshole. And that was it.

The only notable seen in the movie is when the skeptic confronts PSH during a meeting.
>>
The Master was fucking shit.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.