[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I only one who doesn't like newer looking Star Wars movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Yeah, it's 2017 and people need that crisp look. But it kind of takes me out of the Star Wars Universe. 4-6 had that grainy look to them and 1-3 had decent quality but not enough to take me out of the universe. These new Disney movies just don't look or feel right to me.
>>
>am I the only one
NO, YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE. NOW FUCK OFF
>>
>>81499916
Go to bed, George.
>>
>>81499296
They specifically avoided this problem by
1) Shooting on film
2) Using the same cameras used in the original trilogy
3) Even using some of the same lenses
If you think Ep 7 looked too different or too crisp then you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
I dont give a shit about new star wars, new jurassic park, new indiana jones, new total recall, new robocop and many more.

The new Dredd movie was pretty cool though.
>>
>>81500327
People evolved their eyes to 4k 60 fps since the 70s.
>>
>>81499296
have you ever actually seen the original trilogy, aside from bootleg vhs copies?
>>
the main problem was nuking the EU and not taking the Holocron now trying to reinvent the lore and universe

i am not gonna relearn everything i knew about star wars after the franchise existed for like 40 years

as for the movies they are as shallow as the prequels but more obnoxious with their pathetic attempt for political correctness and diversity
>>
i don't have any problems with the force awakens in terms of the way it was shot. my point of contention comes in the lightsaber sounds. ren's saber sound is fine, it's a new saber but anakin's/luke's blue saber had a totally different sound than the original sounds used in IV and V. also their presence disappears throughout the battle scenes whereas in the OT you can hear the swinging and movement of the blades regardless of camera distance/focal points in the scenes.
>>
no one likes a mary sue

i wouldnt have minded if rey was a powerful force user whos abilities are just natural to her without knowing what the force is. but have her be the tech wizard, super pilot, force wiz who learn on the fly as well as light saber battle expert is just retarded
>>
Rey will become Mara.
>>
>>81499296
the only one in the entire fucking world, neigh, galaxy

faggggggggot nigger
>>
>>81500552
to be honest, all of that was okay for me. the only scene i hated was the daniel craig scene. she can be a powerful untrained force sensitive, but she can't know that she can use that power to alter the minds of weak individuals. that's just way too much for an untrained force sensitive person. granted they might find a way to explain it in VIII in a really crappy but 'official' way. the other stuff can be explained by using things that happen in TFA and in the OT, like her mechanical knowledge, especially of empire/first order derived ships comes from her having to survive as a scavenger finding the right parts of ships that get her 'credits'. not to mention she owns the equivalent of a motorcycle and most likely learned to repair it herself, i don't think she would be able to travel from the closest repair shop back to her ATAT cottage in the sun. whats the super pilot bit? millenium falcon? she struggles mightily at flying it iirc. plus she has solo and bacca to as co-pilots throughout the movie minus the escape from jakku. light saber skill can be observed from the OT and PT in which we see that when angered/in fear/vibing with the force regardless of light/dark side, gives you tremendous power to wield it. not to mention ren is like on a steph curry tier, while luke and his dad were kobe and jordan tiers that are higher. rey being able to defeat him in her rage is not really surprising to me at all.
>>
>>81500413
your problem is counting fanfiction as canon in the first place.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.