[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GoT only has 2 seaons left. What series do you believe could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 30

File: BlackCompany.jpg (90KB, 670x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BlackCompany.jpg
90KB, 670x1080px
GoT only has 2 seaons left. What series do you believe could realistically replace it?

My pick is the Black Company.
The characters are interesting and you wouldn't need a huge cast of known actors, just lots of extras to die.
Tons of war scenes with very little magic used so special effects would be low.
With the right casting like Liam (Davos) as Croaker the characters could really come to life.
The fights between Goblin & One Eye would be hysterical to see in live action.
Seeing the Ten Who Were Taken made real would be amazing, especially Soulcatcher & Limper.
As long as they kept the rivalry between The Dark Lady, Soulcatcher, and Limper.
Just kill the series before they go down South.
Once it gets to the portals, other dimensions, etc. Plus all the hindu influenced stuff it just becomes a cluttered mess.
They could even end it where they discover who the White Rose is ... going beyond all the way to resurrecting and killing the Dominator might be too much for tv.
>>
inb4 some puerile pleb with zero taste mentions the wheel of time
>>
>>81496780
Yeah someone always brings up the wheel of time but there's no way they could afford a budget for that. Plus, due to it's popularity it'd get treated like Legend of the Seeker did. Where they just pretty much wrote whatever they wanted with lil elements from the books.
>>
Malazan
I dont care if its totally unfilmable and has like 200 characters. Just throw a crap ton of money at it and get it done. And don't fuck it up like the Dark Tower.
>>
The Gap Cycle

Character driven space opera, not very well known but utterly brilliant.
>>
>>81496717
Xanth
>>
>>81496717
westworld obviously
>>
>>81496780
The wheel of time
>>
>>81496887
Xanth would work too, it'd be kind of like the Magicians if they could secure a budget.
>>
>>81496780
i'd want to see them simply because i love the asha'man
>>
File: 1349230807111.jpg (32KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1349230807111.jpg
32KB, 645x773px
Marron Shed died a hero
>>
Glad to see some love for the Black Company.

>>81496978

>top ten anime redemption arcs
>>
>>81496978
Fuck yeah he did. It was such great character development too. Of course, what he did to Lisa is what made him a hero in my eyes. Bitch deserved it.
>>
>>81496887
That would definitely be a hit here
>>
>>81497037
Anime?
>>
Cheap adaptations which would still be fun:
Asprin's Myth
Zelazny's Amber

Impossible adaptations which would never not be shit:
Malazan
The Wheel of Time

Adaptations which would be good but need a high budget:
The Saga of Pliocene Exile
Atlas Shrugged
>>
File: goblin&oneeye.jpg (48KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
goblin&oneeye.jpg
48KB, 600x424px
I'm having trouble casting Goblin & One Eye. At one time I thought Paul Giamatti & Kevin Hart. But that's too mainstream and you couldn't get Hart to be serious enough he always has to be his lil caricature.
>>
Maybe so, OP.

But how about a third attempt at dune? Except this time muad dib is not a faggot.
>>
File: C0DA1nWXEAAY4Gn.jpg (171KB, 776x1181px) Image search: [Google]
C0DA1nWXEAAY4Gn.jpg
171KB, 776x1181px
Could not be done in just the same way as GoT, since it does not have enough PoVs we can switch between to slowly build up.

But yes, I would immensely enjoy a well-made show about charismatic bastards having some mercenary-corps shenanigans.
>>
File: billy-christian-a0006472.jpg (315KB, 1000x1225px) Image search: [Google]
billy-christian-a0006472.jpg
315KB, 1000x1225px
>>81496859
>I dont care if its totally unfilmable and has like 200 characters.

You could've said the same thing about GoT, though. Only difference is Malazan's CG effect cost would get it cancelled halfway through the first season.
>>
>read 600 pages of Way of Kings
>can't stand it anymore
>that stupid bitch is so fucking re-eddit
I want my time back.
>>
>>81496859
Will never happen but it would be amazing.
>>
>>81496978
At least he wasn't Bomanz. Guilt that man carried on his shoulders was insane.
>>
>>81497135
>Atlas Shrugged
Lol.
It's gonna be a century before that gets a remake.
>>
>>81497213
No, not really. In fact that's an incredibly stupid thing to say. GRRM failed as a lit writer, dipped into television, then created a tv series in book form. It was completely adaptable from the start. There nothing complex about it. It's simplistic shock literature and everything about it is well-suited for television.

If you'd like to defend your viewpoint, I'm all ears, but I don't think you have an argument. I don't think you thought much before making your post at all.
>>
Mostly because we don't have many shows or movies set in faux-napoleonic times.
And certainly none that have fantasy elements.

Also, going on adventures with redhaired loli steppe witch.
>>
What's good about malazan is that it has no real plot or story. it can go on forever and ever and ever and nobody gives a fuck. Its fans are a bunch of half-wit chucklefucks so they won't notice a thing.
>>
>>81497290
Gardens of the Moon was originally pitched as a movie script.
>>
>>81497271
If the Silver Spike hadn't had all the influences from the Plains that last battle against Limper and how they killed him would make for amazing tv.
>>
>>81497274
>decide to adapt Atlas Shrugged
>set it in the near future instead of the 40s
>cast yourself as John Galt
>add Fox News segments
>change entire cast every movie
>beg for funds on kickstarter
I'm not certain but I feel this could have possibly been done better
>>
File: m8masl.jpg (1008KB, 1500x768px) Image search: [Google]
m8masl.jpg
1008KB, 1500x768px
>>
>>81497211
It's a real pity it went to shit around book 3.
The first two were fantastic.
>>
I'm always shocked to hear that so many people read these endless non-stories. Hopefully Game of Thrones ends on a completely disappointing and shitty note so hard that the entire world collectively realizes that they wasted their time and tv dies forever.
>>
>>81497325
Neither here nor there. The GotM screenplay (I've read it -- have you??) is completely alien from the novels. Also, the original source material isn't a script, buddy. You know what it is. It was a roleplaying campaign.

Games do not translate to the silver screen. Never have, never will.
>>
File: 18947303.jpg (58KB, 312x475px) Image search: [Google]
18947303.jpg
58KB, 312x475px
>>81497372
Baby, don't hurt me. I just started reading the third and am still aboard the hype train.

pic unrelated, but another series, that would deserve some kind of adaption.
>>
>>81497322
Agreed. Shit is unreadable. Tried several times, but I just don't get it.
>>
>>81497396
>The GotM screenplay (I've read it -- have you??)

I was not enamored with all the gay stuff, but to each his own.
>>
>>81497333
I don't know why so many dislike the Silver Spike. Great book and closure to the northern campaign. Is it because their waifu actually got a happy ending or something?

>finally meet one sensible fucking wizard who might inherit the lady's empire
>he dies in the very same scene

I liked how exile figured out being straight with people and not chronically backstabbing them like wizards tend to do, is the best way to handle things.
>>
>>81496717
>someone else has read the Black Company

damn, I thought I was the only one.

those books were great.
>>
>>81497319
How's the new book?
>>
File: nice.jpg (91KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
91KB, 600x446px
Asking seriously, how do you guys find the motivation to read these epics? I felt like as I got older, I just don't have the energy to do so, but I often look back at how much I've enjoyed reading novels, especially fantasy ones in my younger years. This thread has piqued my interest with some of the book suggestions.

Just nowadays, even when I have free time to just enjoy a moment, I end up doing nothing but waste time either on here, or play videogames.

I want to get back to reading, badly.
>>
>>81497290
>>81497396
Why do you sound so butthurt about this?
>>
>>81497530
If you're going to read anything read the Black Company. It's very readable to a point people don't like how very utilitarian and to the point it is instead of employing elaborate descriptions or purple prose.
>>
>>81497530

If you want to get back into reading you should buy some leather pants.
>>
>>81497522
Ghosts of Tristan Basin? Didn't even know there was a release until now. Will queue it up on my to-do.
>>
>>81497530
get yourself sent to jail or go live on a deserted island, you'll have plenty of time to read with no distractions like internet
>>
>>81497504
Best wizards are dicks because their True Name is their only real weakness. What does that mean? Well, they kill everyone who knows them by name just to be on the safe side and THAT tells you everything you need to know how megalomaniacal they generally are.
>>
>>81497391
The Black Company actually ended nicely, even if some of the shit before it was meh.
>>
>>81497530
If your phone has a big enough screen to read somewhat comfortably, you can just keep some ebooks with you.

Taking a dump, sitting in public transit, sitting in a waiting room for whatever. All opportunities to get something done.

And every night before going to bed 20-30 minutes. Helps you get down from whatever day you had, and while falling asleep you can think about whatever you read.

There is no need to sit down for multiple hours on end to do some reading. Just weave it naturally into your normal day.
>>
>>81497319
Those books lend themselves very well to an adaption, I think.
Though the reaction of people when they find out the Loli is 18 would be interesting
>>
>>81496859

>Chain of Dogs movie will never be made even though a script is already done
>>
>>81497530
The internet destroys your ability to draw information from long stretches of text because you get used to just zipping straight to whatever's relevant to your immediate interest. Read as much as you can force yourself to of books as you can and it gets easier as you go. But then if you go back to the internet that ability gets eroded again. This place is like a drug. If you're interested in the subject of the internet's effects on our brains read 'The Shallows' by Nicholas Carr.

Now if you're interested in fantasy I can also help with that. Most /tv/ users are plebs so don't listen to them. These epics are wastes of time, they're just soap operas with swords and manly men which keep you reading by making you wonder who's going to fuck who or die next. Short fiction and standalone novels are generally the way to go.

Good fantasy
>Conan the Barbarian
>Tales of the Dying Earth
>The Last Unicorn
>The Wizard Knight

>>81497649
I only managed to get about 100 pages in. I thought it was very boringly written and had no interest in going further.
>>
>>81497290
>GRRM failed as a lit writer,

Sure, let's pretend ASoI&F wasn't a massive success even before the TV show.
>>
>>81497697
'Failed' isn't quite the right term but 'massive success' is only right if we're talking about money. And even then I don't think he was doing THAT well until the show. He made a comfortable living sure but he wasn't one of those big names yet.
>>
>Will never get a Prince of Nothing or Lies of Locke Lamora TV adaptation
>Will never get to see /tv/'s unbridled rage towards Esmenet or Sabetha
>>
>>81497694
They would fuckup casting for Coltaine and Duiker
>>
>>81497697
well he was right there actually, GRRM was a modestly successful short story writer, but his novels never sold so he went into Hollywood

He's wrong about ASOIAF though, GRRM specifically wrote that so he could have a huge epic story with thousands of characters across different continents and not worry about budget constraints.

This was before the Lord of the Rings films or big budget television, when A Game of Thrones was originally published it was impossible to adapt.
>>
File: drew thumbs up.gif (945KB, 134x276px) Image search: [Google]
drew thumbs up.gif
945KB, 134x276px
>>81497576
Yeah that one looks good, I'm liking what I'm seeing about it online plus the OP notes piqued my interest.

>>81497686
Sound advice, definitely. I've never owned an ebook reader but been wanting to for a while now, perhaps this is a good reason to do so.

>>81497696
I'm totally open to different types of fantasy novels, it's my absolute favorite genre so I tend to give anything a chance if it sounds interesting enough to me.

Thanks for the recs!

Well lads, appreciate the input, yeah I just miss that feeling of being into books and whatnot. It is much easier digesting things online or watching some movie/tv adaptation, but it doesn't compare to the feeling of getting immersed in a good book.

Gotta get back to that.
>>
>>81496859
I think it could work if it was done almost like true detective at first, where each season stands on it's own but then we see more crossover between characters as the season progresses.

So like this:

Ssn 1 Main Characters
A A A A A A A A A A

Ssn 2
B B B B B B B B B B B

Ssn 3
C C C C C B C C A A C

Ssn 4
D D D B D A D D B C A

And so on.
>>
>>81497530
I like to read on the shitter, while waiting for scene changes/game cues/loading screens/etc, and on my phone when waiting somewhere. Also I enjoy listening to books on tape while playing games like Skyrim or Civilization.

Xanth I read in school and did most my book reports on. Also found my way into Gor because of Xanth ... which is a fucked up pervy series.

I read ASOIAF when I worked as night audit at a hotel otherwise I wouldn't have finished it as quickly. It's a rather tedious read. Same with Wheel of Time, I partially read, and Sword of Truth which I quit around the time he saved his half sister from his retarded half brother.

The Black Company was just interesting enough I picked it up often. Until the Southern books then it took me awhile to finish it because I didn't care for it as much.

I have plenty of unfinished books/series just because I lost interest.

Some of the series people mention I haven't read so I've looked them up.
>>
>>81497735
He was already a millionaire and one of the most famous names in Fantasy, you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>81497735

Those books were drawing major cash. Just the books would have set him up very nicely. Not to mention all the other garbage he's constantly -- fucking incessantly -- hawking.

That chubby little turd knows how to make money.
>>
>>81496887
>>81496968
>>81497084

they're adapting it actually.
>>
>>81497692
Yes. I am also convinced, that the kind of magic used by the powder mages lends itself really well to effects work. Most of the things done in the books can be achieved by regular pyrotechnics.

Of course there are classical spellcasting mages in the books, too. But even those are rather subdued most of the time.
>>
>>81497818
You can't even read for comprehension, you stupid fucking moron.
>>
>>81497696
>they're just soap operas with swords and manly men which keep you reading by making you wonder who's going to fuck who or die next
couldn't have put it better myself, i would add though that magic is often used to replace modern ways of thinking and life simply because the authors themselves are to lazy and incompetent to do any research into anything.
>>
D U N E
U
N
E
>>
>>81497696
>reads Conan but found Black Company boringly written
That's an odd choice of words. Hell, I think 100 pages in they were just barely getting out of the city and had just joined the Dark Lady's empire as mercs. That's when the story actually picks up. Oh well, not everyone likes everything. Just odd you like Conan but had problems with Black Company.
>>
>>81496717
First Law Trilogy
By far the most filmable fantasy book series ive read. Great story, great cast of characters and very easily translateable to screen.

Unfortunately some aspects of the ending are too much of a red pill and would never get through as is.
>>
>>81497824
fucked it up

announced last week
>>
>>81497803
Yeah good idea, I usually read gaming mags and whatnot while on the shitter, or waiting for queue times while playing mmos. I definitely can squeeze in actual book reading somewhere

Audio books too have been something i've been meanign to give a try as well. i think I've only heard one in my entire lifetime and I don't even recall what it was for.
>>
>>81497850
Which is exactly why I like the Black Company. It's not about any of that. The "manly men" are all fuck ups who are flawed as hell. And magic is hardly used until the last few books when it becomes about different dimensions.
>>
>>81497844
pathetic, I bet you didn't even know who GRRM was until 2012
>>
>>81496780
Whaaaaaaat? You can't tell me you wouldn't love 14 seasons of jerking of braids, sniffing, and smoothing of dresses.
>>
>>81497858
Not huge on Conan but it's all nice and self-contained on top of having big cultural significance. There are absolutely better things that you could be reading but if you want some swords and sorcery pulp Conan is a great place to look. As for Black Company why should a story take 100 pages to take off? I felt like things were starting to happen but considering what I'd seen so far I figured it couldn't be worth the trouble. I do drop too many books though. I have a bad habit of reading about 10 at once so of course a lot don't get finished for a long time if at all.
>>
>>81497818
I liked Fervre Dream the best out of everything he's written.
>>
>>81497918
Says the stupid fucking faggot who posts as if GRRM only existed after he wrote Game of Thrones. Jesus Christ, Freudian projection is real.
>>
>>81497873
I like low fantasy, precisely because of how filmable it is.

The other great thing about low fantasy is that the characters typically have to rely on their wits and guile to succeed rather than godlike powers or muh magic.
>>
>>81497927
WoT could perfectly because you can actually SHOW a lot of that shit book was padded with.
>>
File: IMG_0120.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0120.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>81497696
>>The Last Unicorn
You're a good guy, anon.
>tfw Christopher Lee said he'd come back from the dead if necessary, to play his old role in a live action version
>>
>>81497154
Haha. Kevin Hart would be awful.
>>
>>81497943
I don't care much for swords and sorcery, which is why I liked Black Company.

Basically, you didn't find the characters interesting. Thats what keeps the Company going because it's all about them. They're not Kings, They're not All Powerful Magic Users, They're not Knights, They're not expert Swordsman, etc.
>>
>>81497947
it was published in 1996 and he become fairly wealthy soon after
>>
>>81496717

They would ruin it, Id rather just have the books.
>>
>>81497530
Audio books + commute/chores +wireless headphones = lots of books "read"
>>
>>81498023
Post your name and address. I want to fight you.
>>
>>81496859
>Malazan

I still can't believe how fast Erikson was putting the books.
>>
>>81497743
>Lies of Locke Lamora
I just wish he'd let them have one goddamn heist without assfucking them out of nowhere.
Once was a decent twist, but it gets tedious quickly when you know something out of the blue is going to waltz in and fuck everybody.
>>
>>81498049
I do worry about that with casting.
>>
The Adventures of Frodo and Samwise. They could be a crime fighting duo in the Shire. Capturing orcs and finding treasure.
>>
>>81497984
>Christopher Lee
He was too good for this world. It's sad that there's no more art of any kind that feels distinctly English anymore.
>>
I had thought Hyperion had a good structure for bexoming a tv show. Now that it's being adapted by bradley cooper and the syfy channel I am only filled with dread.
>>
>>81498066
considering they had a good amount of worldbuilding done from their GURPS days not really
>>
>>81498066
SHH! Do not name he who shall not be named! You'll awaken the grump Tolkien fans!
>>
>>81498062

Morry Epstein
2095 Jackson Street
San Francisco CA.

I'm gonna wreck your anus.
>>
>>81497803
Sword of truth series is the most infuriating shit. Terry goidkind is a hack
>>
>>81498118
I think Syfy is trying its best to fix it's brand, what with The Expanse and all.

Though I'm not keen on Bradley Cooper what with his A Star Is Born remake with that gargoyle, gaga.
>>
>>81498158

The series was hilarious though. You know you are in for a ride when it opens with a dedication to the CIA
>>
>>81498180
>I think Syfy is trying its best to fix it's brand, what with The Expanse and all.

SJW garbage
>>
File: GarretPI.jpg (50KB, 309x500px) Image search: [Google]
GarretPI.jpg
50KB, 309x500px
Hell, I'd take another one of Cook's books and have Stars make it.

Private Eye in a Noir style setting in a world filled with all the fantasy creatures.
All the sexy shit he put in that book with descriptions would be very titillating for television. But it'd have to keep all the sexy shit or it'd be wasted.
>>
>>81498217
k
>>
>>81496717
Ruin Mist Chronicles is the only right answer
>>
>>81498180
I have no idea why SF genre has such a hard time wit TV shows.
>>
>>81498180
Haven't seen The Expanse but I have hard surprisingly good things though. I'll watch the Hyperion show if they ever finish it but damn they have a lot to live up to. Hyperion and Fall of Hyperion were some top tier scifi. Somehow I still haven't gotten around to Endymion yet.
>>
A series based on Blade Runner but without anything topical like modern politics injected into it.
>>
>>81498225

I was meaning to get into that, is it worth it?
>>
>>81497530
I listen to audiobooks while i work. It nakes being a wagecuck so easy
>>
>>81498278
SF is too niche in Freedomland. England and Japan both do okay.

>>81498291
What would it be about? Just endless self-contained episodes about detective work and
>Dude, what if THEY'RE THE REAL HUMANS, one of them saw semen beams and stuff... woah
>>
>>81498158
>>81498203
It was a lil rough but I liked the first few books. Some of the shit was getting ridiculous and then others seemed rushed. Like his lil critter showing up at the last minute as an adult with an army of his kind in tow to help Richard.
>>
A show based around the Ankh-Morpork city watch from Pratchetts Discworld would be comfy.
>>
>>81498278
>I have no idea why SF genre has such a hard time wit TV shows.

Because they're always trying to inject PC bullshit into everything.
>>
>>81498319
Yeah, I want to try this, especially. I think also depends on the person doing the reading, I've seen instances of fans complaining about the narrator(?) chosen for some series and that kinda made me hesistant, especially when its complaints for series i want to try.
>>
>>81496717
Other options

A non crap tv version of the Dresden files.

Altered carbon is already otw.

Foundation by Isaac Asimov

Nights dawn trilogy by Peter f Hamilton

Perdido street station and other bas-lag books by China mieville

Sam comes and the city watch books from Terry Pritchett

Tiffany Aching books by Terry Pritchett (ya know.. for kids)

The drizzt books by r.a. Salvatore

Brandon Sanderson. Period any of it, all of it.

Hyperion by Dan Simmons, if this was hated core, and dark, it would be incredible

Nine princes in amber by Roger sales by

And lastly the wildcards Series. Edited by GRRM .
>>
>>81498319
Listening to audiobooks isn't reading. The same mental functions aren't involved. You aren't fully integrating the material.

Audiobook listeners barging into threads about books and pretending they're readers is one of the worst aspects of post-millenial society.
>>
>>81498321
>>Dude, what if THEY'RE THE REAL HUMANS, one of them saw semen beams and stuff... woah

They'd need good writers instead of unimaginative morons like you.
>>
>>81498372
Not the guy you're replying to, but I can see them being good to experience for things like long roadtrips and such, especially for weak stomached fuckers like myself who get easily car sick. Or just multitasking but not able to sit down and do actual reading.
>>
File: TinnieTate.jpg (85KB, 413x679px) Image search: [Google]
TinnieTate.jpg
85KB, 413x679px
>>81498293
It's fun if you like those kinds of novels. Some of the fantasy creatures are just racist caricatures. I haven't gotten too far into the series yet. I think I even skipped a book on accident. But its fun when I want a detective style book but nothing serious.

If you've ever read Xanth then imagine a PI for hire in Xanth.

I had a thing for Tinnie Tate, just the way he always described her and her personality.
>>
>>81498372
I literally didnt imply any of that you lit autist. Its entertaining and its fucking genre fiction. Im not pretending to be smart by listening to fantasy novels.
>>
>>81498393
I don't really see where Blade Runner can go. The movie already stretched pretty thin. Only option I see is to make it about Catholicism like the book. Only for that to work they'd have to actually make the androids psychopaths which Blade Runner didn't do.

>>81498416
Reading should be the only task. If you even have music on in the background you're hobbling your experience.
>>
>>81498203
He should have dedicated it to deus ex machina since the whole series relies entirely on that for plot advancement.

Bunch contrived Sophie choice nonsense.
>>
>>81498434
Alright man, I get it, you're a reading purist.
>>
>>81498364
The Drizzt books are already filled with too much PC bullshit. Can you imagine how horrible the show would turn out to be?

For Salvatore go with his Highwayman.
>>
>>81498456
>reading purist
Do you call anons who don't marathon their YIFI-ripped kino in VLC media player at 2x speed while posting on /tv/ cinema purists?
>>
File: 1448611762364.gif (1017KB, 240x221px) Image search: [Google]
1448611762364.gif
1017KB, 240x221px
>>81498479
You seem fun. But yeah, let's just say you won whatever this is, and leave it at that.
>>
>>81498356
yeah thats what you have to worry about compared to text but most are good but you just have to read some because of it
>>
>>81498158
Sweet lord. I actually made it through all of the first eleven and it was painful. By the fifth book it dawned on me it probably wasn't going to get better but I was determined.

>>81498203
It was full of hilarious shit, like the book where he's supposed to carve a statue of some despot but carves free man and woman and sends everyone into tears over its beauty. Or the one where his girlfriend fucks his half brother and he wiped her virginal blood across her face. Or every single book where he loses his sword. The titular sword that's supposed to be the most powerful weapon in the world. Jesus Christ
>>
File: 1490980799286.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1490980799286.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>81498372
>being this uneducated
You're so cute.
>>
>>81497918
I found him in 08' (not previous poster) because I wanted the longest audio book. I was recovering from lasic surgery and couldn't open my eyes. Enter GOT

Mind blown.
>>
File: 1480819106223.jpg (19KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
1480819106223.jpg
19KB, 250x350px
>>81498503
Being /lit/ in the 21st century is suffering.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVWiwd0P0c0
>>
>>81498118
God damn it. The odds of this being good are like 1/200
>>
>>81498518
No! Remember it wasn't his half brother. It was suppose to be his half brother but Richard switched places. She's doesn't want to do it but they need to for some magical passing or some shit. She even pulls away at first. Then decides that fuck it, she's going to enjoy this sex since she has to do it. So she lets herself go into the whole thing and at the end she finds out it's Richard ... who is pissed the fuck off and just laid there watching his love fuck the shit out of him thinking it was his brother.
>>
>>81497530
As already stated, audiobooks... ive listened probably 1-2 books a month for several years now while only reading 3-5 books a year (and these are mostly economics / philosophy etc, barely audiobooks out here). Instead of listening to radio or music while exercising, driving or doing work assignments or chores that dont require much concetration, i listen to audiobooks instead.
>>
>>81498616
>he doesn't pay full attention while operating a motor vehicle
Please turn in your licence and get off the roads.
>>
>>81498372
Bullshit.

I can debate you about any of the books I have listened to as well as anyone who sat and looked at the paper or screen.

And for another thing I've been rocking audio books since the 80's so you can cram that milenial nonsense right up your ass
>>
>>81498616
Aside from music, I've been listening to some podcasts while working out, but yeah I should look into audio books as well. Change things up a bit.
>>
File: JumpingJackie.png (78KB, 513x509px) Image search: [Google]
JumpingJackie.png
78KB, 513x509px
>>81498659
I'll never understand why people think this kind or response is trolling.
>>
>>81498581
Yeah, I remember that now. It's been almost 10 years. It's still shit though
>>
>>81498158
>the chicken was not a chicken... it was evil Manifest
>>
>>81498518
Haha I'm getting angry about it all over again just reading your description. Fucking goodkind.
>>
>>81498728
It was shit and it made no sense other than to add drama and give Richard an extra edge to dislike his half brother that he discovers later is evil.
>>
>>81498549
Yeah, well. Shit changes.
>>
The old kingdom series would be great.
Pity Tim Curry can't reprise any of his audiobook roles
>>
>>81498673
One of my favorite aspects of book reading (actual reading, not audiobook "reading") is coming across really great prose and reading it again and again before continuing on. Or having a nice bit of foreshadowing executed and flipping back to the actual foreshadowing and reading both passages again and just fucking reveling in the creation. Or skipping ahead a few chapters and spoiling the story then flipping back and reading the text knowing what's coming. Or reading the author bio on the dust jacket before every chapter to provide context. Just because you can't parse books at an expert level doesn't make your audiobook habit less inferior or degenerate. I hope you don't cause too many accidents while you're listening on your way to the mall to exercise.
>>
File: 1465680726110.jpg (251KB, 731x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1465680726110.jpg
251KB, 731x1024px
>>81498914
Interesting, I've read a lot of books. I didn't start listening to audiobooks until I bought a tablet a few years ago. But I've never done any of what you just mentioned.
>>
>>81498914
>I hope you don't cause too many accidents while you're listening on your way to the mall to exercise.

Holy shit you brag about being so mentally superior yet you can't even fucking multitask as well as a toddler. Off yourself cucklord.
>>
>>81499035
Right? Sad thing is, you can picture this guy pretty much thinking he's superior to those around him just because he thinks he appreciates the act of reading in how it should be according to him.

Can smell the fedora sweat and greasy pony tail from here.
>>
>>81498203
The bit where he engineers events so the hero can smugly massacre unarmed pacifists, without feeling a hint of remorse, is pure sociopathic gold.
>>
>>81498659
>>81498914
Assuming this isn't bait, immediately cease driving and get some help with your attention capabilities.
You're genuinely dangerous and incompetent.
>>
Edge Chronicles

Bartimaeus Trilogy

Old Kingdom

Night Angel Trilogy
>>
File: d3b2006afff50a382552f2909d43e458.jpg (227KB, 736x1081px) Image search: [Google]
d3b2006afff50a382552f2909d43e458.jpg
227KB, 736x1081px
>>81497213
so was rake drizzt done right?
>>
File: HarryLloydMurgen.jpg (201KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
HarryLloydMurgen.jpg
201KB, 1000x667px
Cast it

>Croaker
Ray Stevenson
>Lady
Kate Beckinsale
>Soulcatcher
Eva Green
>Raven
Tobias Menzies
>Murgen
Harry Lloyd
>Mogaba
Peter Mensah
>One Eye
Samuel L. Jackson
>Goblin
Steve Buscemi
>>
>>81500048
Do you not have access to photoshop or something? Why did this multi-actor referencing post contain only one actor image and a bunch of text? You do know this is an imageboard, right?
>>
>>81500048
i miss this guy, definitely would like to see him in more things
>>
>>81500083
I didn't want to wake the dragon
>>
>>81496717
Can u imagine what they'd do to the black company now days; every character played by idris elba., or a sassy woman who kills white males and quips into the camera
>>
>>81500086
You should check out his web series, Supreme Tweeter, if you haven't seen it. I've only watched maybe one or two web things like that but his is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjngLRwNIf4
>>
File: Hendricks2.jpg (703KB, 936x1404px) Image search: [Google]
Hendricks2.jpg
703KB, 936x1404px
>>81500048
Tattersail, she THICC boy
>>
>>81500231
i actually remember watching the first one a couple years back, definitely enjoyed it, thanks for the reminder!
>>
>>81500048
Croaker should definitely be Ian Glenn

Lady typecast is probably Eva Green
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 176x268px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 176x268px
>>81496717
Nigga I tried that book and it was boring as fuck.
I would rather they make a series of pic related.
>>
>>81498565
Anon, that means its very likely to be good. What you are looking for is 200/1
>>
>>81500405
Ian Glenn was literally the only other guy I thought of outside of Ray Stevenson. They're the two most based old guys around.

I thought of Eva Green for Lady too which is why I went with Soulcatcher. I know they're nearly identical but Eva has an evil look about her. Lady was supposed to look completely innocent like she wouldn't hurt a fly, fragile almost.
>>
>>81500472
>A King Arthur tale not ruined by French Fanfiction
A man can dream
>>
>>81501573
I actually got way more interested into the arthur tale when I found out that it wasn't originally with castles and knights in shining armor.
The idea of britons duking it out against the saxons and against themselves in shield walls sounds way more appealing.
Also at the end of the book series you really get the idea of an old age ending as the world forgets the old gods and the saxons become more powerful.
>>
File: 1491768566879.jpg (184KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491768566879.jpg
184KB, 600x600px
>ctrl+f
>witcher
>0 results

I want a monster of the week episodes.
>>
>/tv/ has better book discussion than /lit/
Really makes you think
>>
>>81501708
Fucking this. Would be expensive though, and need the crew who knows what it's doing, probably not going to happen.
>>
>>81501714
if that asshole anon in this thread is any indication of what /lit/ is like, I'm more than happy to look for book discussions on /tv/
>>
>>81501714
Its an unwriten rule that every subject is best discussed at the board which is not meant for it.
>>
File: shanka.jpg (102KB, 583x601px) Image search: [Google]
shanka.jpg
102KB, 583x601px
obvious answer is the first law trilogy. More in line with the retarded HBO le everyone's a badass take on fantasy but Abercrombie works it out to be self aware enough to be funny, not self aware enough to be tedious.
>>
>>81496717
The first Black Company book (I'm talking about the 4-part reprint) is absolutely GOAT, but after that I feel that the series starts gradually losing quality, up to a point where I kept asking myself questions like "what the fuck is this?" and "why the fuck am I still reading it?".
>>
>>81496978
I've read the first three books. I only liked the second and he was the reason why
>>
>>81497154
one eye would have to be older, like Freamon from the Wire older
>>
>>81496717
>Tons of war scenes with very little magic used so special effects would be low.
I must have read different book named Black Company
>>
>>81501714
So long as there's a tangential link to the board, and the topic is just obscure enough to ward off the absolute spastics, off topic discussions tend to be the highest quality ones on every board.
>>
>>81497873
what do you mean by too much of a redpill? I hope you don't mean the big reveal is some sort of jew allegory
>>
So does the stories mentioned itt have nudity and fucking like GOT or not
>>
How about some Gene Wolfe?
>>
>>81501708
>>81501737
A Witcher serie could work well. You got sex scenes, sexy sorceresses and strong female protagonists, action, the visuals are already there with the books and the games, the story can have filler with monster hunting, Gerald is manly...
And it's already very well known. Normies would eat that shit all the way to the bank.

>>81501915
I was thinking that too, the books are filled with magic, and pulling large battles wouldn't go well with a budget.
>>
File: Salwowski_Banks_State(1stEd)HR.jpg (684KB, 2500x999px) Image search: [Google]
Salwowski_Banks_State(1stEd)HR.jpg
684KB, 2500x999px
C U L T U R E
U
L
T
U
R
E
>>
>>81496717
I think we all dislike Murgen but imagine having a good portrayal of Mogaba
>>
>>81500048
>Goblin
>Steve Buscemi

I'd fucking die to see this
>>
>>81497319
Have you tried the Temeraire series?
It's Peninsula war era with dragons and a stiff upper lip.
>>
>>81503381
Also, I need hardly add that dragons would be right on the normie hotlist after GoT ends.
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.