[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they delete their discussion board?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1200px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png (102KB, 1200x584px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png
102KB, 1200x584px
Why did they delete their discussion board?
>>
it didn't generate a profit
>>
>>81488239

Because their moderation was shit and they couldn't be bothered actually putting effort into keeping some semblance of quality by actually taking a meaningful hand in doing so.
>>
>>81488239
because col needham is a phaggot!
which board you used to post at anon?
>>
>>81488239
Disney/marvel were using it to shill their shitty SJW kids movies
>>
The real reason was there were too many pedos creeping on minor's profiles.
>>
1.) Too expensive

2.) No financial benefit

3.) anonymous message boards are a dead medium

4.) Required too much staff/effort to moderate
>>
I miss reading that one shitposter who would go to every thread in Deliverance and lament over the rape scene as actually being passionate lovemaking.
>>
>>81488424
3) it wasn't anonymous nigga
4) it didn't require any staff/effort to moderate, in fact posts were removed automatically when they get few reports
>>
I miss it

Before watching, or after I had seen a movie used to go to discussion boards to see what real people had said about it.

Didn't even post
>>
>>81488509
Same.
>>
>>81488239
it was better than dare i say /tv/
>>
>>81488467
https://moviechat.org/movies/tt0068473
Some posts archived.
>>
>>81488467
I miss the shitposter "eidnoreid" (I even remember the name fuck me) who hated Prisoner of Azkaban so much that he shat on every thread of PoA and Alfonso Cuaron boards. He would reply "Cuaron sucks" or whatever to every poster on every friggin thread, and he always used same sentences like "I guess so" etc, so a lot of people speculated if he was a bot. Motherfucker kept shitposting for at least 7 years until he got banned I assume. Good times.
>>
>>81488741
Oh God, that's hilarious.
>>
>>81488239
HappyBuddhist was my favorite troll on that site
>>
>>81488799
Do tell.
>>
>>81488596
Name a place worse than /tv/ to talk about movies
>>
>>81489276
IMDB now.
>>
>>81488310
They could've stole 4chan jannies for one extra hot pocket and both sites would've been better off.
>>
>>81488467

I miss finishing an above average recent movie and go to the message board to read the "this is the worst movie I've ever seen thread.

I also miss watching a new movie that pops up high on the top 250 and read all the whining about how it's higher up than muh classics.
>>
>>81488239
>my routine is to watch a movie, go the IMDB and read the Trivia and message boards for some extra insight or discussions

I miss them, how fucking retarded do you have to be to entirely remove them because people were sometimes means on them :(((
>>
>>81488424

1. this is the only reason

2. redundant

3. it wasn't anonymouse u fucko

4. see 2.
>>
>>81488383
so what
>>
https://moviechat.org/movies/tt0184858

>Watch shitty movie
>Check to see what IMDb was saying
>>
File: MwCw5Kdx.jpg (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
MwCw5Kdx.jpg
24KB, 512x512px
moviechat.org is better and has all the old posts.

imdb wouldn't even let me post if I didn't give them my credit card info. Fuck imdb!
>>
>>81488721
https://moviechat.org/movies/nm2254074/posts/58a8c4845d7b31079b79d1d1
>>
>>81488239
because of reddit, srly reddit is a cancer
>>
>>81488239
Because they were incompetent fucks who couldn't moderate properly and arrogantly thought that no one really goes to IMDB for what people are saying about movies.

There are tons of movie info sites, what made IMDB number 1 was the forums. They will regret their decision with traffic tanking.
>>
>>81490702
>moviechat.org
except that no one uses it
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.