[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imaginary Mary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: mary's taste.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mary's taste.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
I don't know if this is the right board to discuss this. I just want to talk about it. and Network television in general
>Network television is shit
yes but why?

My problem main problem is that so far Mary is just an extension of the MC. Mary doesn't seam to have much of her own personality. There was hint of it in the second episode. funnily enough the boyfriend's children are the most interesting part so far even if they are essentially cartoon characters. I would like to see more of the other two daughters besides the ball of anxiety son that the first two episodes focused on.
I don't know if this is supposed to be a comedy. There are very little jokes. The product Placement in the second ep was bad. They name dropped brands in one sentence.

I'll give them this: They showing of the nature of Mary's being pretty natural. There was a scene where the MC drinks ice cream and Mary feels the effects.

ramble done. might do a follow up later
>>
>>81486871
we don't talk about actual Television here.
>>
>>81486871
<fart sounds>
>>
You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded
>>
I wanna fuck that furry, little thing.
>>
>>81486871
>My problem main problem...

No, your main problem is that you can't comprehend why these shows exist and why they're written the way they are.

There's a famous Brandon Tartikoff quote. Someone was complaining to him about "Punky Brewster", about how it was so fucking awful, how it didn't make sense, how it should really be doing this or that, all the usual complaints. Tartikoff stopped him and said "Eight year old girls need a TV show too."

That's what you can't comprehend. "Imaginary Mary" aimed directly at a specific demographic which needs a TV show too. You're not part of that demographic so you can't understand why it's even on the air.

There are enough little old ladies watching while sipping tea and chuckling at the "jokes". There are enough morbidly obese single women hugging a tub of ice cream on the couch in their trailer and dreaming about being MC. There are enough people who want to enjoy this show and have no need to dissect it. In the words of Tartikoff, they all need a TV show too.

For you and me, the show formulaic shit and makes little sense. The show isn't for us, however, so let the others have it. It's not hurting us that they're watching it.
>>
Has this been cancelled yet?
>>
>>81489181
>Eight year old girls need a TV show too.
H-hey punky was for boys too. She was my first waifu, along with VICKY from small wonder.
>>
>>81489271
>It's a Punky gets tits episode.
>>
>>81489218
has there been a show cancelled two episodes in?
>>
>>81489271
>H-hey punky was for boys too.

Which further reinforces Tartikoff's point.

As fucking awful as it was to adults, there was an audience which loved "Punky Brewster" and, as fucking awful as "Imaginary Mary" is to us, there's audience which loves it too.
>>
>>81486871
Don't worry, this wont last more than one season.
>>
>>81488636
FWAAAPP
>>
>>81489181
Thanks for not reading the entire sentence or you wouldn't have thought it connected with the previous statement. why create a whole new digital character as representation of her subconscious when they could have simply gave the actress a second role?
>>
>>81489536
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_series_canceled_after_one_episode
>>
Isn't this the same premise as Unhappily Ever After?
>>
File: 960.jpg (44KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
44KB, 960x540px
>>81488692
Good thing. This was the previous design.
>>
File: 1356809416539.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1356809416539.gif
3MB, 200x150px
What the fuck is this?
>>
>>
>>81492766
>Heil Honey I'm Home! (September 30, 1990)
>Comedy on British satellite channel Galaxy that spoofed American sitcoms of the 1950s and 1960s by featuring caricatures of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun who live in matrimonial bliss until they become neighbours to a Jewish couple.[6] In unseen episodes the Hitlers plot to murder their Jewish neighbours.
This sounds like the work of Chris Morris
>>
>>81492458
>Thanks for not reading the entire sentence or you wouldn't have thought it connected with the previous statement. why create a whole new digital character as representation of her subconscious when they could have simply gave the actress a second role?

I did. That's why I answered the question the way I did. The show set up and written the way it is because of DEMOGRAPHICS.

They didn't hire a 2nd actress because a cute, cuddly, creature is more attractive to the pathetic elderly females shut-ins and obese involuntarily celibate young females the show is aimed at. Another actress would also take some attention away from Elfman and letting the audience "bond" with and otherwise fantasize about being Elfman is what the show is all about.

Do you understand now?
>>
>>81486871
You just wanted to post that screenshot.
>>
>>81495141
I didn't suggest getting a second actress I suggesting giving Elfman a second role so she would be esentially be talking to an alter ego version of herself.
>elderly females
I didn't know cutsey animated character was considered an attraction to that demographic. I'm sure they were aiming for someone younger. If that was the goal how did the first iteration of Mary so hideous?
>>
>>81489181
this kind of out-of-the-box thinking failed to save tartikoff from an early grave. your spin is invalidated.
>>
Did this nigga really just analyze a late season replacement show about someones imaginary friend?

yowza
>>
>>81486871
What did this dumb bitch do to her face?
>>
>>81489181
The fat single women don't live in trailers, they live in apartments.
>>
>>81489536
Do you not know how pilots work?
>>
>>81495234
it was bait
>>
>>81497906

Expose it to air.
>>
>>81489181
So it's okay to have a show about men fucking kids because pedophiles deserve a show too? Get the fuck outta here with your bullshit.
>>
Looks like Bad Milo ripoff
>>
File: photo_02.jpg (190KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
photo_02.jpg
190KB, 1024x678px
>>81499750
adorable
>>
>>81499644

Full House.
>>
>>81494259
how fitting
>>
File: Almost Human.jpg (62KB, 486x720px) Image search: [Google]
Almost Human.jpg
62KB, 486x720px
>tfw Fox is the only network with shows worth watching
>they sabotage them at every turn and only the lowest common denominator garbage gets renewed

How does one deal with this?
>>
>>81501405

>no more robro checking the fullness of my testicles

;__;
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.