[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: il_570xN.742183743_syvm.jpg (153KB, 570x833px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.742183743_syvm.jpg
153KB, 570x833px
What went right?
>>
File: 1479689748944.png (1021KB, 1440x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1479689748944.png
1021KB, 1440x1094px
Ty Lee
>>
>>81477896
Fun light hearted adventure with some emotional core to give it real weight plus fun elemental fighting scenes

Too bad the ending was slightly shit though
>>
>>81477896
>well written for the age group of the show
>good moral dilemmas for the MC and group that built character
>interesting diverse characters in general
>encompassed a lot of the history of each section of element creating a rich backstory
>romance kept at a minimum
>asspulls kept at a minimum
>agendas weren't forced
>no hard pandering to a certain fangroup

everything Legend of Korra wasn't
>>
I am so disapointed at this show. This could have been much better if they had done the ending right.

The whole plot of the show was Aang mastering the elements and having to kill the Fire Lord despite being against his beliefs.

And what we get instead? He instantly goes avatar state and after a shitty fight sequence he uses some desu ex machina bullshit to take away the Fire Lords power thus avoiding the need to kill him.

How can anyone deffend this.
>>
>>81478275

lion turtles were foreshadowed in the library ;) all forgiven ;))))
>>
in all seriousness, is this show worth watching for an adult?

how does it stack up to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood?
>>
Didn't disrespect it's target audience
>>
>>81478766
Brotherhood shits on this.
>>
>>81478275
>He instantly goes avatar state and after a shitty fight sequence he uses some desu ex machina bullshit to take away the Fire Lords power thus avoiding the need to kill him.
First, he doesnt go instant avatar mode, because he can't.
Rest is valid.
The thing is, while he was in the stone ball he should have let go of his earthly attachement, became the avatar and killed the firelord as was his duty.
Nothing about love story because he let Katara go. He sacrificed his love + his core believes to save the world.

But this is a kids show after all...
>>
>>81478864
I figured, but I've seen some people say Avatar is actually pretty good and not as bad as its Americanized style would suggest
>>
>>81478904
That being said, I remember when Aang meditated and the story of this one Avatar came up (from the watertribe). He hunted Ko the facestealer because he stole the face of a women he loved and died as a result.
Was this story supposed to show Aang that he needed to let go of Katara?
Like I get the feeling all of the talk before was supposed to prep Aang and us (the audience) that Aang doesn't have a choice.
>>
>>81478766
Recently rewatched.
Its still fun, the action scenes are mostly great but it is more childish than I remember. Filler episodes aren't very good and you can nitpick more shit as an adult.
Book 2 its Avatar at its best. Book 3 could have been on the same level but they regressed to childish problem of the week for some reason.
>>
>>81478864
Objectively fucking incorrect, Brotherhood indulges every single tired shitty anime cliche you've ever seen from the likes of Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc. It's trash. Avatar looks like anime visually but has superior Western storytelling and actual character progression.
>>
>>81477971
Patricians choice, anon.
>>
>>81479472
this. don't know what happened in season 3, i guess the popularity caught up to them and it devolved into fanservice shit. they should have put more emphasis on the actual story and given the fire lord some more dimension other than "hes just evil!" would have been better if the spirit world was somehow involved in the motivations of the fire nation
>>
>>81477971
Fpbp
>>
>>81479642
Ba sing se was dank as fuck.
The Zuko beginning redemption was interesting.
Tales of ba sing se (one of the best episodes of the whole show) was in season 2.
Lake lougai.
The villain squad was still together and a credible threat.

It was just the best shit.
>>
File: Charming_Ty_Lee.png (109KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Charming_Ty_Lee.png
109KB, 333x250px
>>81479581
>>81479724
>>
>>81479770
Sorry, season 2 I mean. Season 3 couldn't keep up with it and they over stacked the stakes too quickly without enough building episodes.
>>
File: Gyatso's_corpse.png (58KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Gyatso's_corpse.png
58KB, 200x150px
>they managed to get away with putting genocide in a kid's show
>>
main characters were loveable not punchable like korra
>>
>>81479803
Some plot points are also clumsily resolved. Azula just dismissing the Dai Li withouth them doing shit afterwards was retarded. They just made them casually dissapear
>>
>>81479490
>but has superior Western storytelling and actual character progression.

Fucking lmao
>>
>>81480218
Truth. They were too cool to live.
>>
File: best couple.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
best couple.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>81477896
>best guy
>best girl
>they actually get together

There's your answer
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.