[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since Prince of Egypt is kino, is this also good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: anastasia.jpg (224KB, 1600x1345px) Image search: [Google]
anastasia.jpg
224KB, 1600x1345px
Since Prince of Egypt is kino, is this also good?
>>
It's not bad
>>
>>81471279
It was OK
>>
Best princess movie Disney never made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocm8QdNR_d8
>>
>>81471279
literally WE WUZ ZSARS 'N SHIET
vodkanigger propaganda
>>
It's better than the majority of other animated films from the era for the sole fact it wasn't made by Disney.

Don Bluth was a visionary
>>
true kino incoming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEEcB-9U8UU
>>
Its ok

Anastasia is an absolute qt
>>
>>81471323
So... it was an evil wizard, not the bolshevik.

I see.
>>
>Rasputin wants to kill romanov senpai
they were literally the only reason that kept him alive
>>
File: romanov.jpg (57KB, 634x305px) Image search: [Google]
romanov.jpg
57KB, 634x305px
the bolsheviks will pay for their barbarism
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 226x223px
>>81471489
>the bolsheviks will pay for their barbarism
>>
Beautiful visuals. Didn't think much of it beyond that, found it kinda boring.
>>
>>81471279
No.

>>81471323
Only good song in the movie.
>>
>>81471279
>she doesnt get gunned down in a basement by angry peasants

Pretty shit movie
>>
>>81471279
No
>>
>>81471279
How historically accurate is it?
>>
>>81472678
About the same as Prince of Egypt.
>>
>>81472678
Complete fiction.
>>
>>81471426

Exactly goyim, stop questioning
>>
>saw the movie when I was younger
>remember looking up the Romanovs in an encyclopedia
>got sad when I found out they were all murdered and had their bodies burned by communist shits
>Anastasia is forever young
>>
>>81472678
it´s a movie about a evil, undead wizard and his pet bat trying to kill a princess by summoning demons

what do you think?
>>
>>81473066
communism ruins everything
>>
File: rockadoodle5.jpg (379KB, 1000x1476px) Image search: [Google]
rockadoodle5.jpg
379KB, 1000x1476px
It's not even the best Don Bluth film.
>>
>>81471331
Bluth's movies are amazing as far as animation goes, the plot in this one suffers from the same issues as Secret of NIMH which is basically too many songs, and deus ex machina chalked up to unexplained pretty magic.

I get the movies are for kids, but the finished product just comes off as retarded when you go to watch it as an adult.
>>
daily reminder all bolshevists are jews
>>
>>81471775
You're kidding me right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyUBdLm3s9U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtRa-0hBdbQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aNuEEHT-WA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBK7Ow2ckNs
>>
>>81473213
Autism: the movie.

Still I fucking loved this.
>>
>>81473293
Completely forgettable, each and everyone one.
>>
>>81473293

Once Upon A December is cute and In The Dark of the Night is a decent villain anthem but the rest I had totally forgotten about.
>>
>>81473363

I think Goldie was my first childhood crush.
>>
>>81473603
I noticed Bluth seems to hate cats and owls, they are recurring villanous animals.
>>
>>81473646

Because most owls are creepy and scary as fuck.
>>
>>81473499
Fuck yourself with a pencil.
>>
Bluth was the only thing that could have saved western animation
>>
who /once upon a time in wonderland/ here?
>>
>>81473670
Nigga have you ever seen an owl? They're non threatening as fuck in real life if you're not a mouse.
>>
File: Murky.gif (2MB, 330x206px) Image search: [Google]
Murky.gif
2MB, 330x206px
>>81474207

I know they aren't a threat to people but they are creepy.
>>
>>81474207
They're creepy because they end up swooping down towards you out of trees and shit at night, as opposed to most birds that do the decent thing and fucking sleep at night. If you're a smaller animal they're just even more spooky.

Not a lot of birds have inspired horror legends like owls inspired Owlman and Mothman just by flying past people at night.
>>
>>81472678
Its really the only film to ever accurately portray the October Revolution
>>
>>81474898

You mean there really were wizards and shit?
>>
>>81471279
No. It's a very pretty movie animation wise but its songs are mostly forgettable, the plot is broken up by too many of those forgettable songs, and what is there of that plot doesn't make a lot of sense even in the context of it being a kid's movie.

Christopher Llloyd was pretty entertaining as Rasputin though.
>>
>>81473066
>they were all murdered and had their bodies burned by communist shits
A necessary evil.
>>
>>81472678
Rasputin is the evil killer of the Romanovs and not the bolshevik savages. Rasputin is an evil Wizard who puts on a curse on them, but Anastasia escapes the curse or something so he's going to finish the job.

It's basically taking the friend of the victims and turning him into the villain, and removing the actual villains, to avoid politics and because he looks like a spooky guy and ugly = evil in cartoons.
>>
>Rotoscoped trash
fuck no
>>
>>81473173
>>81475084
>her father was a selfish cunt that starved millions of his own people to death
I'm surprised they didn't rape her first
>>
Bolshevik sorcery, friendo
>>
>>81471279
The movie is not that good, but the new musical based on it (much more historical, as it removes the backstory with talking bat and Rasputin cursing the Romanovs with the Russian Revolution) is great. Saw it on previews last week and I hope it has a great run on Broadway, because trust me if shit like Hamilton does, this should as well.
>>
File: Atlantis.jpg (326KB, 1080x504px) Image search: [Google]
Atlantis.jpg
326KB, 1080x504px
>>81471323
Atlantis would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>81475821
If it has a ton of stuff about how much white people should hate themselves then it'll do fine, just like Hamilton
>>
>>81471323
>>81475877
Sorry, didn't see Disney. Pls no bully
>>
>>81475915
The cast is mostly white and I don't see how that is any relevant, as it is a musical about an urban legend spread by hopeful Whites/Royalists in the 1920s so as to have a claim to the Russian throne. So suspension of disbelief is already a necessity, and that can also be extrapolated to the casting company having non-slavs playing slavs.

Hamilton is great, don't get me wrong, but so is the new musical.
>>
>>81476055
Tfw your 98 year old White Emigre gr-grandmother tells you about wanting to go back to Russia, but is too old.

She said she used to want to believe that one of them survived somehow.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.