[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: 002HRO_Jet_Li_048[1].jpg (62KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
002HRO_Jet_Li_048[1].jpg
62KB, 852x480px
Would you do it?
>>
>>81469575
Do what?
>>
>>81469602
pleb
>>
>>81469661
What?
>>
>>81469575
I saw this movie in theaters. Was enjoying it until a bunch of 8th graders came in about an hour into the movie and made fun of everything that was being said because it was in Chinese.
>>
>>81469575
All I thought in that scene was "damn, he ruined a perfectly good ornate table".
>>
Fuck yeah I would. the whole peace through submission is the most autisticly Chinese thing ever.
>>
>>81469602
>>81469678
Commit sudoku.
>>
>>81469739
Why?
>>
>>81469751
It's not supposed to be an hero, despite the films title. It's supposed to kill the king.
>>
>come up with a plan to kill the emperor
>complete 95% of it then pussy out
Imagine if Luke Skywalker had been flying down the death star trench when he suddenly thought "You know what? Sheev has cut tax rates by 35% and you can walk around Coruscant at night now" and pulled up
>>
>>81469575
>not killing the emperor and claiming the throne for yourself
>>
>>81470148

imagine using Star Wars analogies over the age of 10
>>
>>81470190
>literally a movie about swordsmen with magic powers plotting to assassinate a murderous emperor who took over everything at the end of a bloody civil war
I think this might be a valid comparison
>>
>>81470190
>he says on 4chan over the age of 18
>>
>>81470256

Are you the same kind of person who makes Snyder infographs?
>>
>>81470190
The analogy was quite poetic
>>
>>81470148
It would be more like Luke confronts the emperor and vader and threw his lightsaber away rather than strike them down in anger... Oh wait, thats exactly what happened.
>>
Of course I'd kill the guy. Your blatant One China propaganda has no power over me.
>>
>>81470418
>Vader finishes the job his son was too much of a pussy to do
>>
>>81470472
Its almost like there was some kind of redemption thing going on.
>>
>>81470470
>Of course I'd kill the guy. Your blatant One China propaganda has no power over me.
This. On multiple levels, this is the answer to OP's questions.
>>
>>81470418
>Spends months doing best assignment ever
>Doesn't hand it in
>>
>>81471972
There was also the inconvenient fact that all of the many assassins that tried to kill Qin, failed. A bit hard to make a film that overturns the main historical premise.

It's also a genre film, "Failed assassination plots against Emperor Qin" is actually a millenia old genre of Chinese literature and now film and part of the point of these stories is that, just like how at least some of a heist movie protagonists always die, the heroes always fail to kill Qin and usually die tragically.

Chinese writers were telling heroic tragedies about failed attempts to kill Qin for thousands of years, there's a lot of stories there that can be mined for films and quite lot have been.
>>
>>81470472
>vader finally does what he should have done 20+ years ago
>>
>>81470148
The Empire did nothing wrong.
>>
>>81472310
Why couldn't they kill Qin?
>>
>>81469575
no, because 天下
>>
>>81474304
because you're not allowed to make movies where the proletariat try to overthrow the emperor and succeed in China, it's a big faux pas. Also punishable by prison.
>>
>>81470148
Luke would be right. The Empire did nothing wrong, the Jedi are a bunch of religious terrorists like ISIS.
>>
>>81475186

That's weird because I thought they were communists
>>
>>81475284
The chinese fucking hate historic revisionism, which is why time travel movies aren't released there.
>>
>>81475186
because Qin is a symbol of china and Han chinese identity. you see many movies of communists beating up Puyi
>>
Yeah probably. Historically speaking Qin was a brutal tyrant who supressed every political opposition through sheer force. His death would save countless lives.
>>
>>81474304
>Why couldn't they kill Qin?
If you mean did they fail? Because his bodyguards were better and he (and his sons) were paranoid because kings got assassinated all the time back then. Most people were never even allowed to see his face or speak his name, to reduce their ability to actually plot against him.

If you mean why did the stories not end with him being killed? Because that's not what happened in history and everyone knows it and the stories are all supposed to be true. More or less.

Until Inglorious Basterds, no one had main-stream stories about killing Hitler either but there were quite a few about failed attempts.
>>
>>81475600
actually china loves historic revisionism. the ban on time travelling shows is a different issue
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.