[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman v Superman Had an Original Runtime of 4 Hours

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: NEx9ESavq8eWAE_1_b.jpg (67KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
NEx9ESavq8eWAE_1_b.jpg
67KB, 600x316px
http://movieweb.com/batman-v-superman-original-runtime-4-hours/

>What's kind of fun is that we went back and did an extended cut where we put a lot of this [character] stuff back, and we refined it into the same rhythm as the theatrical release. So what was once a nearly four hour cut with absolutely everything was ridiculous - ended up being about a three hour cut, once all these added story lines were refined with the fat was cut out."

How do we get Snyder to release this?

Also, how do we get WB to release another cut of Suicide Squad because I badly want to see the original version before the reshoots.

Also, there are a lot of Man of Steel scenes that we have not seen yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DrtXthS7bA

If WB released a box sets of these 3 movies re-released, all being new extended cuts, I will fucking buy this shit immediately
>>
*cries*
They should release it on day of Infinity War premiere.
>>
File: 1491603951999.jpg (29KB, 574x428px) Image search: [Google]
1491603951999.jpg
29KB, 574x428px
>BvS four-hour cut
>SS cut without the shitty music and with serious tones
>MoS extended

If they release this on the 5th anniversary of BvS or something, then I would cum. Instantly.

And I want to see these actors grow old in these roles.
>>
>>81464404

>And I want to see these actors grow old in these roles.

Ben already looks to be in his 70s
>>
>>81464422
>Ben already looks to be in his 70s
Do you also think newborns look born 30 years old?
>>
>>81463569
4 hours of capekino?

Count me in.
>>
>>81463569
I want it. I want all of it.

I. WANT. ALL. OF. IT.
>>
>>81464442

pls no bully
>>
how many times are they going to remix BvS to try to mmake it good

it is not good
it will never be good
ever
>>
>>81464545

Brother, let me tell you something. Many a day I have lumbered here by this fence and looked at this world. These fences which border this small plot of mud seem to be the edges of the Earth. But I have gazed many beyond the fence. I have watched the hills of green and the tall, slim, terrifying figures who lurk and haunt the strange barn on the far side of the hill, who appear as spectres as the sun rises at the break of day and refill the Oats, and float away without a word. Often I wonder why we are not like them, why we cannot give ourselves the oats, why we are limited and chained down by the girth of our bodies and the uselessness of our hooves. And indeed for many years this sad truth, that forever we would be trapped in this shallow frame , alone, and without purpose or direction, banished forever to wallow in our own filth, this depressed me. But yesterday I realized something. Who are we to be ungrateful for existence in the first place? Who are we to say that this life is not good enough? Instead of oblivion we have the warmth of the sun and the coolness of soil. We have fair conversations and a good night's sleep. Who am I to say that these simple comforts are no better than death? Should we not smile like the sun and bask in our happiness as the sunlight warms the soil without question or thank. So brother, let us share oats and smile and frolick as much as our girth might let us. Let us see this pen not as a prison or a hell but as a palace in which we might enjoy the best our existence has to offer. Give me some oats brother, and let us dine together. I love you.... my own flesh and blood, my brother.
>>
>>81463569
wtf

release it already you fucking kikes
>>
What if Terrence Mallick to direct the next Superman movie?
>>
Why is it such a cult movie /tv/?
>>
>>81464675
Because it is an unsung masterpiece in a genre that doesn't have many to offer.

I believe more and more people are coming to understand that.
>>
>>81463569
No wonder it seemed so rushed, they cut out more than half the movie!
>>
>>81463569
Every movie is 4 hours long at some point. That's why editors are hired; to cut out the pointless scenes
>>
>>81464860
It's a little known fact that the 4-hour cut was screened for a small test audience. When the studio employees stepped back into the theater to start distributing questionnaires, they found all seats empty.

As days passed and more family members of what became known as "The Ascended Choir" began to make their reports recounting visitations from what they described as "angels, ghosts," or "beings of light," it was finally understood that the audience, en masse, had transcended this plane of existence.
>>
File: BatouAtClub.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BatouAtClub.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>81465101
>He considers a full length scene showing the character walking across a room is pointless
Not to me if it involves lots of imagery to look at. Why rush the scene?

A shame they cut Batou's club walk in GitS
>>
>>81464824
It's not a masterpiece but it's not 1/10 like most people act like. Even if it fixed some of it's obvious flaws it wouldn't be in the same ballpark as the Nolan movies.
>>
File: 0e11.png (448KB, 848x408px) Image search: [Google]
0e11.png
448KB, 848x408px
>The Batman film will still have Deathstroke but not as a main villain. Matt Reeves wants to do a larger scale Batman film that will include the Bat family as well as most of Batman’s rogues.

Your thoughts?
>>
>>81465221
I disagree. I'd explain why but you'd only think my reasons are all just "crazy headcanon."
>>
>>81465296
"Fuck" and "yes." Those are my thoughts.
>>
>>81464556

I don't dislike it. I'd hesitate to say it's good but it's so ambitious that I can't help but appreciate it. At the end of the day it's a clunkier version of Watchmen but for a movie called Batman vs. Superman it's surprising this came out the way it did.

They could have easily made some shlocky superhero flock about Batman and Superman fighting each other because of some contrivance and people would have watched it and critics probably given it a pass. But they went for an artsy approach and ended up with something interesting on their hands. Not necessarily good. But interesting.
>>
>>81465302
I've defended BvS a lot and it's frustrating because no matter what you say the person you're arguing with just comes back with "but muh jokes, MARTHA, etc". I think it's a good movie that I really enjoyed watching for the first time, but it's writing also doesn't work in many places. I understand that Batman was supposed to have been driven crazy by the death of Robin, evidenced by the speech that Alfred gives about the fever and rage, but Superman is not the right person to be taking a moral high ground against Batman since he killed General Zod and a bunch of innocent people during MOS. The movie would have worked a lot better if all of the death in MOS never happened.
>>
>>81465296
There are a couple of different routes they could take with that, at least that occur to me:

1) A hostage crisis within Arkham Asylum.

2) Ra's al Ghul and Bane have both engineered massive Arkham break-outs in Bruce's lore. This time, make it the Joker, and have Robin "fall" as a casualty during the clean-up.
>>
>>81465133
>film is so shit it kills people who watch it

checks out
>>
Maybe they should stop making every one of their movies 4 hours long then cutting it down and destroying what they made.
They've claimed theres an entire movies worth of Joker scenes for SS and hes in what? 5 minutes at most?
Just make the fucking movie you're told to make and stop trying to make the next epic masterpiece.
>>
Longer =/= better

I couldn't even sit through the extended cut in one sitting it was so horribly paced.
>>
File: 1286732333149.jpg (40KB, 614x713px) Image search: [Google]
1286732333149.jpg
40KB, 614x713px
>>81463569
>Batman v Superman Had an Original Runtime of 4 Hours
PFFAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>81465414
>he killed General Zod and a bunch of innocent people during MOS

As a point of fact, he's taking that high ground because Bruce is side-stepping the law and acting as judge, jury, and even executioner. If you watch closely, you'll notice that Superman's actions in the film are rescues or as Senator Finch says, "state-level interventions," not acting as a policeman. He doesn't see that as his place in the world. A lot of that along with his aloofness is because he's afraid to face the music for what went down in MoS. He feels responsible.

Lex's manipulation of things wasn't to goad Superman into fighting Bruce. It was all just to make it seem more plausible in the aftermath - this "alien" took issue with a vigilante and took his head off for it. Without blackmail, Clark would have never confronted Bruce as he did.
>>
How many extended remasters of Justice League do you think will get?
>>
>>81465159
this is what pisses me off the most about mos and most obviously in bvs,
so many times in the movie its obvious that there was a longer sequence within one camera but theres a cut to fill in some information that's totally necessary
>>
>>81465550
there was stuff shot with him also having dreams, reliving that day

>did the nightmares ever stop
>>
>>81465659
God, I want to see that. I just want to see that so bad.
>>
>>81463569
http://www.raindance.org/the-6-stages-of-editing-as-a-film-director/
>>
>ywN see the nightmare sequences for every character in BvS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81465821

>wwn see the Lex nightmare sequence
>>
>>81463569
Only one that's even feasible is MoS
BvS and SS will never release longer cuts because of the brand they're attached to

SS especially since story elements were actually changed between cuts (such as Harley and Joker's relationship and the love triangle with Deadshot that got cut)

But I could see them doing it for MoS at some point for a special occasion (10th anniversary, trilogy edition etc) since it would only add length
>>
>>81465872
I think it would have been something like his painting.
>>
>>81463569
It's funny, it already felt like it was 4 hours and a half long.
>>
>>81465414
>but Superman is not the right person to be taking a moral high ground against Batman since he killed General Zod and a bunch of innocent people during MOS
One of the themes of the film is Netzsche's Ubermensch (which literally translates as Supermen) who are the next step of humanity that can throw off the slave morality brought about by christianity and embrace a whole new set of values that they choose for themselves
This also ties into Neil DeGrasse Tyson's speech about why should we expect Superman to act in accordance with our laws and all the rest
>>
>>81465924
I think it would be about his dad.
>>
>>81463569
This is what happens when you have to cram 5 dfferent movies into a single coherent one. You get 4 hour rough cut which has to be cut to a 3 hour "extended/directors" cut which ends being a 2 and half hour mess you see in the movies.
>>
>>81466394
The three-hour Ultimate Cut was the one that was supposed to hit the theaters. They cut it down thinking that people would still be able to follow it. When even the "professional critics" proved that they couldn't, WB said it might be "too smart."

They were right.
>>
>>81466704
they cut it down weeks before release
>>
4 hours

so...the director did not know what to cut or has no idea how to condense a film into max 2 hours
>>
>>81466704
They cut the wrong stuff. They should have cut the entire wonder woman checking her emails scene and added it as a post credits or something. It's also retarded that we see Batman standing in the rain and lighting the bat signal and the fight doesn't even start for like 40 more minutes.
>>
What surprises me the most is people's hatred of the Martha scene. The way people portray it as this ridiculous thing pretty much proves that they didn't understand the movie. Superman saying that triggered Batman into realizing that he was becoming what he hated. They didn't "instantly become best friends" like people say and I'd imagine that there will be quite a bit of tension between the two the next time they meet.
>>
>>81465296
Hopefully they don't pull a Bruce Timm regarding Dick and Barbara.
>>
>>81463569
The only other scene that needed to be added was Supes hearing all the voices when he was looking for Lois

Not only did it sound like a powerful scene, It explained why he was in the mountain

But nah cut it, need more quips from Max Landis, i mean Lex Luthor
>>
>>81466797
People pretend to be dumb to piss other people off mate, that's just how it works.
>>
>>81466741
>lighting the bat signal and the fight doesn't even start for like 40 more minutes.

I don't mind that. That drives home the point that Bruce wasn't exactly at the top of Clark's list of concerns. Bats stood around waiting for forty minutes. It took Lex to force the confrontation.
>>
>>81465412
I will agree.

I think the movie is complete shit but at least it tried to be different and that's something I guess.
>>
>>81466946
The casting of Lex Luthor is the single worst thing about the movie. Nothing else even comes close. It makes it worse since apparently Eisenberg was auditioning for Jimmy Olsen and Snyder was just like "Hey ya know what how about you just play Lex Luthor?"
>>
>>81467001
They should have cut down his quips & his explanation of the painting scene, then he would have been acceptable but still poorly casted
>>
>>81467035
He did an awful job all around. His random jerking and HMMMM noises were really annoying. I was expecting evil genius social network Eisenberg not him playing a spaz.
>>
>>81467001
>>81467078

Serious question here:

How would you guys go about conveying that your brain was about to explode from all the knowledge you just absorbed?
>>
File: 1462948598284.jpg (16KB, 448x250px) Image search: [Google]
1462948598284.jpg
16KB, 448x250px
>>81463569
fuck off. If Stanley Kubrick can the show development and ascendancy of man in two and half hours in 2001, it shouldn't take Snyder 4 hours to tell a story in a childrens book universe
>>
why does batman look like a chode in this movie

he's thicc af
>>
>>81468656
>muh false equivalency
im really glad im not a brainlet sometimes
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.