[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does GoT turn shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: dx1es1[1].jpg (15KB, 355x439px) Image search: [Google]
dx1es1[1].jpg
15KB, 355x439px
At which point does game of thrones shit the bed? I feel that at season four it devolves into a soap not really all that different from any thing else on tv.
>>
I agree it's shit. If you keep watching you don't actually think that though. You love it.
>>
I found it mildly entertaining in the first season, and ever since. It's an interesting show and I'm curious to see what happens to the characters. Nothing more than that.
>>
There is a considerable drop in quality after season 1. Season 1, while good didn't have enough depth for the audience to be able to figure out for their own who killed Jon Arryn etc. The war in the Riverlands was also overly abstracted, this got worse in season 2. Season three was the last good season, with season 4 still having a lot of good moments but being an overall disappointment.

Season 5&6 are fucking dogshite.
>>
>>81463731

The end of season three is a pretty good place to stop watching, the Lannister basically end up winning. It tells the cynical "le honor is bad" misrepresentation of Gurm's work that DnD always wanted to tell.
>>
I liked it when it first came out, season one and two were great. The downfall began with the inclusion of so many fucking characters irrelevant to the plot already at hand, spending up to a season (or more) tying it in with the rest.

I honestly think the biggest downfall of the series was The Red Wedding. In one stroke they killed off already established characters, which led to the remaining main cast getting a plot armor thicker than steel. Nobody wants their meme characters to die and even Jon Snow's "death" was so predictable and pandering that it bored me to tears. And of course, no character progression came from it.

Then you have the shitty writing. I don't know if D&D or GRRM are to blame for that, but it doesn't matter. For instance, Sansa getting raped by Ramsay. How was it supposed to be a shock for ANYONE what was coming? Even if she'd married a well-adjusted guy, sex on the wedding night is mandatory for consunmation. It just made Sansa seem even more stupid and naïve.

Tl;dr I think the show lacks quality writing and suffers under too many characters, and has been stuck in a rut for more years than there were good.
>>
>>81463888
>I don't know if D&D or GRRM are to blame for that, but it doesn't matter. For instance, Sansa getting raped by Ramsay.
100% D&D in this case
sansa hasn't stepped foot in the north since book 1
>>
Shit fell apart with season 5. D&D suck at writing and GRRM is to blame for killing all the interesting characters ( Joffrey, Tywin, Oberyn). We are now left with Dany and Jon, the exact same kind of boring hero characters that every other fantasy novel has.
>>
>>81463546
Quality fucking plummeted after season 3, when they started to add an enormous amount of OC donut steel
>>
>>81464096
>killing all the interesting characters
To be fair, Bronn, Jorah and Davos are still alive
>>
Popular opinion says it goes downhill after Season 1. Imo, the first real drop is when Joff drops. Second drop is when Tywin drops. Third and final drop is when Jon drops.
>>
File: writing.jpg (381KB, 948x885px) Image search: [Google]
writing.jpg
381KB, 948x885px
Initially the idea was to make a three-book story. That's why all the character and story arcs seem paced properly in book 1 but later on devolve into endless diversions with characters roaming around and bumping into each other almost randomly.

Just like any other fantasy writer, when they stumble onto a hit they milk it dry by making n+1 books in the series.
>>
>>81463546
>At which point does game of thrones shit the bed?
At some point that has already passed because I no longer care about it at all, not even going to tune into this season.
>>
File: seriously.png (134KB, 396x381px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
134KB, 396x381px
>>81464127
>Bronn
>interesting character
>>
>>81464190
More interesting than Oberyn. He says some cool stuff, and is not that cocky. He became totally in the right when he denied to fight the mountain for Tyrion
>>
Season 4 is a noticeable decline from the rest. Season 5 it goes full retard
>>
>>81463546

When they started putting in magic and when they started putting characters in retarded positions just to get them slaughtered for shock value.
>>
File: 1479876701755.jpg (55KB, 447x447px) Image search: [Google]
1479876701755.jpg
55KB, 447x447px
Drop it after season 4, after that it goes down hill so fucking fast.

>bad pussy
>teleporting meli
>a few good men
>a thousand eyes and two
>spoopy skeletons
>all of Stannis
>sand snakes
>>
File: 98696969.png (176KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
98696969.png
176KB, 480x480px
Went to shit right at Season 2 episode 1.

The warning signs were there in Season 1, but I was too excited for the next Season to pay them any mind.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.