[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animated Movies Becoming Shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: share.jpg (97KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
share.jpg
97KB, 1200x630px
Why has every animated movie in the past 5 years looked like complete shit compared to everything before it?

I'm not talking about the just the script but even the animation has become terrible.
>>
BLUMPF BTOF
>>
>>81459234
Because, EVERYONE ELSE HAS HAD MORE SEX THAN ME
>>
>>81459267
Please delet yourself.

>>81459234

I thinks its because alot of the young blood entering the industry has become lazy with animation styles and just choses the quickest and cheapest to produce.
>>
File: MOANA-219.00-004.0-0040-hankfix.jpg (4MB, 3840x1608px) Image search: [Google]
MOANA-219.00-004.0-0040-hankfix.jpg
4MB, 3840x1608px
>>81459234
Uhhhhh..
>>
>>81459331
Literally Frozen with wave monkeys
>>
>>81459234
You've reached adulthood. Congratulations.
>>
>>81459234
Actually the animation has gotten hell of a lot better. Have you seen Toy Story (the original) recently? It looks like ass compared to things like Tangled, Zootopia, and so on.
>>
>>81459234
But Boss Baby actually has good animation. If you see the reviews that's one of the few things the film has going for it.
You wouldn't know it from the trailers but the film has some cool 60's cartoon inspired sequences that are actually pretty cool.
Yes there are some shitty animated movies today but this is not one of them.
>>
File: 1485479682503.jpg (7KB, 186x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485479682503.jpg
7KB, 186x250px
>>81459234
>every animated movie in the past 5 years
>>
>>81459357
Fuck off /pol/
>>
>>81459234
>javascript:quote('81459234');
i think its because animated movies weren't released as commonly, so a lot more work was put into them.

now that the industry knows that people will watch almost any movie with 3d animation, the bar for its quality is pretty low
>>
>>81459433
>wahh go back to pol i hate you
>>
>>81459297
>EVERYONE ELSE HAS HAD MORE SEX THAN ME
haven't thought of that for years
good tune
>>
>>81459234
See
>>81459331 is arguably the best looking 3D animated film ever made and it came out like 5 months ago
>>
>>81459234
Animation has improved incredibly so you're just talking out of your ass about that one

Though some movies may use it awkwardly or dont quite know what they want to be with it, others know how to get creative with the style they are working with

There is a notable increase in more smooth, rubbery/plastic-y clean animation that feels a little sterile, this isnt really a bad thing but I understand people not liking it especially if it's used wrong or just awkwardly
>>
>>81459234
>compared to everything before it?

Majority of animated movies before were shit too. You just don't remember them because they've been forgotten.
>>
I thought Finding Dory looked great. Some of the water animations must have been very tricky.
>>
>>81459234
I don't think that there's the same degree of craftsmanship involved in these CG movies. Writing and design sure but the actual gruntwork is done by machines rather than aspiring and overworked young cartoonists. Idiosyncrasies make this stuff human. I'd rather watch Bakshi's old grungy shit over what's coming out now.

Also did you know that Bakshi's grandson is in this movie?
>>
>>81459234
>tfw dropped watching 3D movies after loving Ice Age
All movies after that one movie were pure tryhard funny shit. I fucking hate every single one of them.
>>
>>81459852
>I hate all these movies i've never watched

/tv/ in a nutshell
>>
>>81459852
>All movies after that one movie were pure tryhard funny shit.
>admits to dropping 3D movies after ice age
>>
>>81459780
I think maybe OP meant to say he dislikes CG animation? Since that is all there's been in the US for years now (that I can think of). I'd really love to see a traditionally animated movie again
>>
>>81459894
I think OP is just a shitposter
>>
>>81459894
This
>>
>>81459331
that supposed to be good? xbox 360 had better graphics
>>
>>81460164
Pretty generic Disney style

but that hair is god tier and the lighting, textures and animation itself is fantastic and consistently good.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.