[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Into the Badlands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 16

File: into the badlands.jpg (129KB, 1400x818px) Image search: [Google]
into the badlands.jpg
129KB, 1400x818px
Sunday is here and in less than five minutes, a new episode of Into the Badlands is on. Get in here and discuss!
>>
File: Anticipation.gif (363KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Anticipation.gif
363KB, 480x270px
Time for 武术kino
>>
Tonight's episode is titled "Palm of the Iron Fox":

>The Widow's fight for power lands her in a showdown with her enemies, who have joined forces against her; an old threat resurfaces.

If nothing else, this should be pretty good from a fighting standpoint.
>>
obligatory FUCK OFF MK

I really hope the Widow didn't just walk into a trap, then again if it means Tilda flying through the window on a ninja kite to save her, fuck it
>>
Is this show good?
>>
>>81453688
It's kino
>>
Quin's reckoning tonight?
>>
>>81453688

Depends, can you get over the idea of a world where guns don't exist and martial arts settles everything, not to mention the worst teenage retard known to man?

Because if you can you'll also be treated to topnotch TV fight choreography, a great charismatic villain, decent world building and topnotch babes.
>>
>>81453688
the action is top hong kong tier, but the story is like a redneck version of game of thrones
>>
File: Quinn is mai husbando.jpg (216KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Quinn is mai husbando.jpg
216KB, 1920x1080px
>>81453762

>Quinn will never be your dad.

;___;
>>
7 minutes in and I'm hard as diamonds
>>
>only one asian baron

take a stab at which one will be able to hold their own in a fight
>>
>>81453833
wtf do you want him? he would beat you every day, at least Sunny would teach you shit
>>
>jellyfish
>>
>>81453905
only if you're a fuckboi, if you actually are competent and not a fuckwad Quin would treat you right
>>
>>81453905

At least he'd beat me while talking in that sexy voice, Sunny's voice isn't sexy.

>>81453898

Quinn surprised me in S1 with his fight against the Widow so you never know.
>>
listen to this literal whore, thinking she knows shits about shit
>>
>The whore is a strawman SJW
I like you, show
>>
>reception keeps cutting out

What the fuck do I pay you for, Verizon?
>>
>>81453949
faggot he'd kick your ass daily, plus his sons pretty competent he was still an abusive asshole
>>
MK's actor can't carry his role without Sunny by his side

Quinn's actor is too good and is outshining everyone around him

Widow and the female writers are ruining the universe season 1 built

Too much slo mo in every fight

Not enough Sunny
>>
>>81454121
Widow is the worst part of the show, along with Tilda. I don't give a rats ass about either of these shitty characters.
>>
>>81454121
Quin's Reavers will probably beat the SJW out of Widow and her girls before the season's end
>>
>>81454220
>>81454221

cock gobblers, both of youse
>>
Ruse misstress!
>>
she needs a proper papoose to climb faster without worrying about the child
>>
Watching this on basic (non HD) cable is torture
>>
>>81454326
watching anything on non HD is painful, why can't you use HD?
>>
Vale tries to climb up to a metal closed metal grate

Who the fuck is writing this???
>>
>>81454365
My cable came with the apartment, so I can't change the bundle.

Gonna move out in a few month, so hopefully I'll get a better deal
>>
Can't wait for Waldo to start fucking dudes up
>>
fuck this show has some great production values
>>
Asian woman actually has a brain
>>
>>81454571
Yeah that comes from only having 6 - 10 episodes a season more money and attention goes into each one
>>
Wew Veil
>>
>kill a man and the key breaks in the lock

True suffering.
>>
>that feel when you can't watch it live because merica
shit
>>
Look at this little faggot go
>>
>all this Quin shit talking

vengeance is gonna be righteous
>>
Seriously, that dude could've put up a fight.
>>
When did Jacobe die?
>>
>>81455051
I think it was that graveyard fight
>>
>>81455051
during the ambush at the finale, MK spazzed out and ended him
>>
>>81455026
The fact that he sees that fucboi has a knife cleverly hidden in a food tray and does nothing to stop him from pulling it is kinda dumb but I can forgive it since Quinn and his men have to get into the compound
>>
>>81455110
I forget did the hottie Zypher get killed. She has Jacobees right hand.
>>
>>81455051
The finale he got oneshot by MK to show how he goes from Hong Kong martial arts to full on Wuxia while in Dark Chi Mode
>>
>are you threatening master baron?
>>
HERE WE GO
>>
>punished Quinn
>>
Redemption arc!
>>
this melodramatic as fuck introduction, based Quin

>Ryder shitting his pants
>>
>Doing those moves in heels
That can't be comfortable
>>
RIP New Wife
>>
so...none of the barons died then?
>>
>That faggy run
kek
>>
>>81455477

Then we'd bitch that they were all weaksauce instead, so this works best.
>>
>>81455519
no I'm not disappointed, now we get time to explore each one.

Just the trailers made it look like they were gonna get slaughtered, good to get surprised for a change
>>
thank fucking christ no more of Ryder's faggoty shit
>>
>>81455477
>>81455519
>>81455585
I think the orange one also with Emei piercers died by the Widow, but I am probably wrong because it's a clusterfuck
>>
>In Greek mythology, Lycaon (/laJˈkeJɒn/; Greek: Λυkάων) was a king of Arcadia, son of Pelasgus and Meliboea, who, in the most popular version of the myth, tested Zeus by serving him the roasted flesh of Lycaon's own son Nyctimus, in order to see whether Zeus was truly omniscient. In return for these gruesome deeds, Zeus transformed Lycaon and his offspring into the forms of a wolf; Nyctimus was restored to life.[1]
KINO
>>
Time for the new wife to become Widow-lite
>>
>>81455680
she has more balls than Ryder and realizes the wisdom in keeping Quin's ex wife as counsel, she might do well in this world
>>
>>81455676
>Quin slaughters his son for his own cause
>Quin looks more like a wolf now
>>
Good episode Hopefully we get an episode of almost all Sunny and Baije in order to make up for the complete lack of them this episode
>>
Thank fuck Ryder is dead. No offense to the guy, but he couldn't act.
>>
>>81455894
plus he wasn't good enough to be a baron, too weak
>>
I watched all six episodes of the first season this weekend on Netflix

I like it overall, but the world is fucking wacky. Like, there's a scene in maybe the fourth episode where there are two dudes taking Sunny on a trip on a small motorboat like my dad has for fishing and they are all dressed in their Neo-Ninja wear and it looks ridiculous

I understand you have to accept the premise that they willingly gave up guns so you can enjoy the kung-fu but there's literally no reason why they are all dressed like creative writing majors at a steampunk convention
>>
>>81456014
Yeah, but fuck Jade too. She's not any better and her actress is just as weak as Ryder's was. I want Lydia to go Lady Stoneheart on her for helping to engineer the clusterfuck that was her house falling apart.

Lydia and Ryder were like a demented version of Robb and Catelyn anyway, even more so because Ryder's actor's name is Oliver Stark.

I'm happy Quin showed up and slapped his ingrate son down, but I'm not happy at yet another female baron revenge take. There's enough of that shit with the Widow's rapidly degenerating characterization and storyline.

Also someone better give Tilda some skittles before the end of the season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6_cj35ZMnk
>>
>>81456095
It's just the style the show is shooting for half the stuff they have is either salvaged or made from shit built before the collapse of society
THe show has a weird mix of Mad Max use everything you can find style post-apocalypse vibe mixed with 30's - 50's America, the Antebellum South and Chinese Wuxia elements that are all trying to blend and mesh into one so the visual style of the show can be a little jarring at first
>>
>>81456095

You'll get used to it after the first season.
>>
I want more Lance Henrikson.
>>
is there a better character on TV then Quinn?
>>
take power /tv/
>>
TAKE ITTTTT
>>
>>81456095
Eh, we have very little information about the setting really. We don't really know where the Badlands are, how long ago civilization collapsed, why there are no guns...I think the mixing of all the different elements is what makes the show so cool, even if it can be weird on occasion.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwBKjK7Xik0
>>
spotted a stunt double this week
>>
>>
>>81457836
kek, widow's stunt double looks asian.
>>
desu the theatrical kung fu cinematography in the black belt Southern USA that is now named after a region in the midwest is off-putting. Like the show doesn't know where its located.
>>
>>81457567
>>81457601
>>81457664
Wouldn't say he's the best on TV, but he's the best on this show and a rather charismatic actor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3dbd2YyeN0
>>
File: Waldo.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Waldo.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>
>>81457940
I knew I recognized him from somewhere but I couldn't put a finger on it.
>>
I wish Wheelchair man relied on tech.

Like the chain would be thrown around a neck using his skill, but the chain would be connected to a battery wheel that reals the chain in and breaks their neck or pulls them in for an easy close range knife kill.

Then he's got a cool wheelchair of death
>>
Is this show any good?
>>
It's back? Fantastic feels like it was gone forever.
>>
File: Chart_97_rgb_500pxlH.jpg (74KB, 283x500px) Image search: [Google]
Chart_97_rgb_500pxlH.jpg
74KB, 283x500px
>>81453602
>>
>>81458734
The story is completely retarded, but the action is high quality kung fu flick tier. Good production values all around really.
>>
I wish for carnal relations with Tilda!
>>
>>81459283
>Tilda will never shackle you to her bed and tickle you with her eyebrows
>>
>>81459283
>>81459356
Yeah, but you'd catch Skittlespox. See >>81456254
>>
>>81453929
The fuck was that scene?
>>
>>81459582
I think it was meant to establish Waldo recognizing Gabriel is a shitty cog/cook/whatever (because he was actually a spy) and ridiculing whatever the fuck he decided to make/serve.
>>
>>81457567
>>81457601
>>81457664
Marton Csokas is based as fuck. What is it with New Zealand producing based actors on a consistent basis?
>>
>>81457960
He was the Russian hitman in The Equalizer, too.
>>
>>81458656
Just give Wheelchair man a mech already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyRR8chgqLE

>tfw the writers try to make the kids and women the center point
>tfw Colonel Quaritch and God Wills It! still steal the show
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-10-14-10-11.png (353KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-10-14-10-11.png
353KB, 854x480px
> not dead
>>
Is Nick Frost in this show? Whats he do/whats his role?
>>
>>81461190
Yes, so far he's not much more than Sunny's (supposed to be the MC, but hasn't done much this season) tag along and the show's comic relief whenever Sunny's story is touched on. He wasn't in this last episode at all.
>>
Love Quinn last season, love him this season too. That touching and beautiful scene at the garden tho.
>>
>>81461401
Does he have fight scenes and does he mesh into the show well?
>>
>>81461510
He fights a bit, but he's more of a roguish scoundrel type character.
>>
>>81461541
Cheers, just couldn't find any clips online.
>>
File: AARPunch.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AARPunch.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>81457940
Stephen Lang is pretty based too. He just doesn't get to ham it up as much like Quinn.

Need more cripple-fu.
>>
>>81462990
Only problem is he's tied to the annoying Widow at the moment.
>>
File: pose.jpg (290KB, 1915x1074px) Image search: [Google]
pose.jpg
290KB, 1915x1074px
Reminder the Widow is the true hero of the story.
>>
>>81465515
everyone was dead or had run off, who the fuck were they posing for?
>>
>>81465650

Barron Chau, who smartly decided to just leave
>>
>>81465711
she was already leaving, they struck a pose to an empty room and you know it
>>
I hope Marton Csokas wins every award possible for playing Quinn. That's all I have to say.
>>
>>81465760

if I make a webm of it and prove you wrong will you admit that you're a pleb and need to go back over to reddit?
>>
File: end pose.webm (2MB, 1000x561px) Image search: [Google]
end pose.webm
2MB, 1000x561px
guess he already went back to r/intothebadlands
>>
Why the fuck did Vale save Quin and stick around him?
>>
>>81457920
>show is called into the badlands
>the badlands are actually the last good lands
>the main character leaves them at the end of season one

really tai's your chi
>>
>>81466337
Protection? Like Quinn said, Sunny left a lot of enemies in the Badlands.
>>
>>81467093
So she thought it's gonna be K, and only now realized it's not so good to be around him? Also, why is she lying about the tumor recurrence?
>>
>>81467126
She don't want to end up like her parents
>>
>>81453602

I just marathoned the first season and the first three episodes of season 2.

Season 1 was goat.
Season 2 is starting off as garbage.

I was hoping that the Dark Ones were some sort of crazy genetic experiment gone awry, but it looks like they're actually magical. I wouldn't have an issue with this, but it doesn't contrast well with a post-apocalyptic, technological setting.

The Master looks like she'd better off in a Dollhouse. I keep thinking she's going to give MJ a handjob every time I see her on screen.

The Widow going in and killing like 50 clippers in the first episode was just stretching credibility. In a show like this, that takes a lot of effort. They're setting up the Widow as the noble hero of the series, aren't they? And of course, all of the men are evil, or fat and comical.

I'll give it one more episode and then i'm dropping it. Only reason i'm giving it a chance still is because Daniel Wu is based and the guy playing Quinn is awesome.
>>
>>81467256
>guy playing Quinn is awesome
Only part of the second season I'm actually enjoying to be honest. I like some of the other characters (Sunny, Waldo, Lydia) but their story lines are kind of dragging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-weG5Fq3tNQ
You know what one of the best parts of this speech is? The guy in the middle with the beard at 56 seconds is the bearded soldier extra from Stannis' army in GoT. Makes sense he wants to purify shit with fire at the behest of a strong leader.
>>
I'm so tired of Vail already.
>>
I thought the OP photo said "into the brolands"
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.