[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will we get WW1-kino about Vimy Ridge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2574.jpg (344KB, 1914x1190px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2574.jpg
344KB, 1914x1190px
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vimy_Ridge#

It's hundredth anniversary is today, it was the battle that defined Canada as a Nation. The Canadians took the ridge in the face of fierce German resistance, suffering their greatest loss of life of any battle. Why isn't there a movie movie about this yet?
>>
File: 1487241415047.jpg (25KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
1487241415047.jpg
25KB, 395x395px
>>81452282
>the battle that defined Canada as a Nation.
>>
>>81452299
?!?!
>>
File: 220px-Passchendaele[1].jpg (19KB, 220x318px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Passchendaele[1].jpg
19KB, 220x318px
>>81452282
I hope an american will do it because canada sucks at making movies.
>>
>>81452520
Agreed
>>
>>81452282
This would be a good story for a movie about vimy...

http://projects.thestar.com/vimy-ridge-100th-anniversary-vimy-oaks-return/
>>
>>81452282
>canada
>a nation
its as much of a nation as Chechnya
>>
Why? What makes this any different than the story of countless war films before it? Different uniforms?
>>
File: 1490965119031.jpg (772KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490965119031.jpg
772KB, 1920x1080px
>>81453390
You're a little late to the punch
see: >>81452299
>>
>>81453497
Jesus man, have some pride in your nation. Or are you a shit-skin
>>
>>81453613
Really though, what would a movie about any one specific battle have to say about war that the hundreds of films about war previously made haven't already?
I've seen these posts for years here and I never get it.
>>
>>81453863
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2cSGD4ad0w
>>
>>81453863
>>81453942

So do you understand now?
>>
>>81453942
That's not what I'm saying. I mean why insist that a movie be made just on the basis of a battle that has a neat wikipedia page. Every "post historical events that should be movies threads" just boils down to that, and I don't get why a body count or some evocative medal of honor citation warrants an entire film to so many posters here.
>>
>>81452520
God I remember we had to take a trip to see this in high school and during the first 20 minutes it had no sound, and then when sound came on everyone just laughed at how shit it was.
There's literally, like, a crucifixion in it at some point.
My Jewish friend got a refund because of the technical problems tho lul
>>
Because movies are driven by the Hollywood powerhouse and that determines that war stories told from an American perspective for the most part.

This is coming from a Canadian too. We shouldn't need some war propaganda movie to thump our chests about national pride. We know and celebrate Vimy Ridge enough.

If the movie were to be made I'd want it to be more focused on telling a compelling story, how nearly every attempt to take it before failed than I would care about it 'forging Canada as a nation'.
>>
>>81454146
>a body count or some evocative medal of honor citation warrants an entire film
This is not why.

> it was the battle that defined Canada as a Nation
This is why we as canadians want it made. There are plenty of movies made from the american perspective of everything but not us. You will never understand because i'm guessing you are not canadian.
>>
>>81454372
>There are plenty of movies made from the american perspective of everything but not us.
Because Americans make movies. Why don't you leafs get off your lazy asses and make the movie yourselves?
>>
>>81454487
because the majority of great canadian filmmakers begin in Canada but then Hollywood swoops in and offers more money, fame etc.
why stay in Toronto or Montreal making peanuts when Mr. Weinstein is offering you millions in L.A.
It's not a matter of being lazy you yank
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.