[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Other than pic related has Villeneuve ever made a bad movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Enemy_poster.jpg (32KB, 282x400px) Image search: [Google]
Enemy_poster.jpg
32KB, 282x400px
Other than pic related has Villeneuve ever made a bad movie?
>>
File: e9d[1].jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d[1].jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>81447654
>>
>>81447654
arrival
>>
>>81447741
its not bait. what is there to like about Enemy
>>
>>81447741
this but for implying all other Villememe movies are good. lol
>>
>>81447807
nothing but the rest of his movies are shit too
>>
>>81447985
Explain please how literally any Villeneuve film is even below average in terms of it's execution.
>>
>>81447807
It's a great classic surrealistic story, while being a meta-modernist commentary.
It takes visual imagery from works of Louise Bourgeois, arguably the last true modern artist who became famous in a post-modern world and uses it in creating classic surrealistic story defying post-modern subversions.

>>81447985
Calling it bait because it's good and much better then the rest of his filmography (aside from Arrival, fuck the haters)
>>
Enemy was his best though
>>
>>81448159
>dude women are spiders and I fear commitment LMAO
>>
the only villeneuve movie i havent seen is incendies. how is it? i liked all his other stuff
>>
>>81448189
DUDE "DUDE THING FROM THE MOVIE LMAO" LMAO
>>
>>81448219
If you liked his other stuff then you will most likely like Incendies too.

As always Villeneuve is a great tension builder and overall top notch execution, but I found the narrative a bit over the top and too overwritten.
Watch it and decide for yourself.
>>
>>81447654

Polytechnique
>>
>>81448296
Why do you think it's bad?

I thought he showed the situation quite objectively with no side choosing, with great blocking and documentaristic like handheld shots of the actual shooting.

and that scene with the feminist line up spray and pray was great too
>>
>>81448539
Don't know why I wrote "actual", there is no actual shooting footage from the real shooting my bad
>>
>>81448293
Yeah, the twist was highly unbelievable. It's very common of middle eastern stories though. So maybe he was trying to be authentic. I don't know.
>>
File: vv.jpg (83KB, 1024x1017px) Image search: [Google]
vv.jpg
83KB, 1024x1017px
>people unironically bashes Villeneuve
>>
>>81449601
this

fat autistic fucks cant name a better director working today
>>
>>81449759

Zack Snyder. Not even memeing.
>>
>>81449824
k get out of here
>>
>>81449852

Why? You asked and I answered. Can't handle my opinion?
>>
>>81447807

its kino up until the end when Villenuevue copped out with 2deep4u
>>
>>81449998
the ending is the reason i dont like it.
>>
>>81449998
He did not, you're just retarded
>>
>>81450082

ok explain it without using any of the words in this bait post

"It's a great classic surrealistic story, while being a meta-modernist commentary.
It takes visual imagery from works of Louise Bourgeois, arguably the last true modern artist who became famous in a post-modern world and uses it in creating classic surrealistic story defying post-modern subversions."
>>
>>81450162

That's the most cringy stuff I've ever read.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.