[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>suicide and rape as entertainment How is this allowed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 256
Thread images: 5

File: 13 reasons why.jpg (55KB, 704x1080px) Image search: [Google]
13 reasons why.jpg
55KB, 704x1080px
>suicide and rape as entertainment

How is this allowed?
>>
>>81445349
Why shouldn't it be allowed?
>>
>>81445349
Why wouldn't it nigger
>>
>>81445640
>>81445694
Because it's not fun. It's really uncomfortable, and I don't know why I'd want to watch a series about it. It doesn't sound like my idea of a good time.
>>
>>81445749
>Because it's not fun.
Not every movie has to be fun. They can also evoke other emotions, like fear or sadness.
>>
>>81445749
its supposed to teach a lesson or some shit
>>
>>81445749

how old are you
>>
>>81445799
Fuck that, I don't want to be preached at when I watch TV.
>>
Reminder that Hannah got what she deserved. She didn't stop Jessica from being raped.
>>
>>81447020
this. also, why is almost every guy in this show a weak cucked pushover pussy that can't stand up for himself ? except for bryce and jeff
>>
I want to write a much more realistic suicide story, but I know nobody would read it.
>>
So is bryce the main antagonist of this show?
>>
>>81448220
>Not realizing Hannah is the antagonist
>>
>>81448364
Shes such a fucking hypocrite.
She blames justin for not saving jessica when she does the exact same thing.
>>
>>81445349
Hint: look at the ethnic origins of the last name of the author
>>
The thing that really takes me out of this whole ordeal is how Hannah isn't really friends with anyone, yet everyone still likes her, invites her to parties, etc.

>>81448826
doesn't she say that they both failed Jessica. She just thinks Justin is worse, because he lied about it to protect his friend.
>>
>>81448978
Holy shit, I just realized it was written by a man. I'm genuinely shocked.
>>
>>81448997
Apparently, I just saw some spoiler that Clay says it's his fault. Oh fuck off, show, he literally doesn't do anything and cares about her. You're telling me that he begins this series questioning why she blames him for her death and by the end he blames himself? People like this shit? Literally the opposite would happen in real life- the friends and family blame themselves for somebody's suicide for not seeing the hints.
>>
>>81448997
I would say Hannah is much worse desu.

At least Justin tried before he was thrown out of the room, and while he ultimately should've done much more like call the cops, break down the door etc, it was later explained that Bryce was really his only refuge from a very shitty and abusive home and half the reason he lies is because he wants to keep his GF blissfully ignorant.

All around what Justin did was shitty, but what Hannah did was much worse.
>>
>>81447832
Yeah, it's painfully unrealistic.

She shows no signs of atypical or other forms of depression, it's just whammo.

Also, if it were realistic? It'd be about a boy.
>>
>>81447369
>clay is a pussy
>knows he can't fight for shit
>still manages to trick big beefy antagonist into revealing his evil
>all of jock's friends desert him and plan to throw him under the bus
>jock is probably going to die in the school shooting, his family knowing the disgrace and shame he's brought
>clay is probably just going to skip school that day or get rescued by his amazing latino gay best friend

Seriously, Tony is the only reason I got through the first 3 episodes
>>
>>81448997
>everyone still likes her
because they think she's a slut

> invites her to parties
because they think she's a slut
>>
>>81447369
Tony?
>>
>>81449195
It can be about a woman, that I don't care about. But why does every fucking story involving suicide and women have to have rape? Why? A female just can't be depressed and decide to kill themself?
>>
Tony was my favorite character

Its funny because I had a gay, latino friend in Highschool who was very grounded emotionally with a strict dad kek
>>
>>81445749
either underaged, a nu-male, or a female
>>
>>81449324
>or a female

No, women love sad shit to cry at.
>>
The adaptation is honestly a lot better than the source material, the book is super shit.

Jeff was the coolest character and he isn't in the book at all.

Netflix kind of ruined it by trying to shove an agenda down the viewers throats in ways which were almost as awkward as the product placement

Overall probably not worth watching unless you like YA melodrama shows.
It's like anime bad but watchable if you're in to that kind of thing
>>
>>81445349

Because entertainment is sometimes a reflection of reality. On top of that, every ad for this has explicitly stated that this show revolves around suicide.

Just because these things aren't in your life experience doesn't mean others won't get something out of the show.

tl;dr life is life and bad shit happens to everybody.
>>
>>81449287
I could tell you but it would come off as being really cynical.

See, women, girls, whatever, part of them is keenly aware, despite all of that self-esteem they've been binging on, that their biggest value is sex. They're the gatekeepers of the sex kingdom. When you just plunge in there, their most valuable thing, the sex they can dole out, isn't really theirs anymore, it's just there for the taking.

This is the "worst" thing that can happen (like, really? what if I shot a girl's dog, gutted it, and fit its ribcage over her head, wouldn't that be traumatic enough?) so of course that's the button they push.
>>
>>81449195
This series is actually detrimental to future suicide victims. Yes suicide victims can seem normal, but there ARE signs. None of which are shown here
>>
>>81449287
because the people that write this shit have no idea what a depression really is and think the only reason anyone would kill themselves is when they expire something exceptionally traumatizing.

Also a real suicide story would probably be boring as it would just be an everyday guy/girl, that functions relatively normal except has very low social interactions and posts on r9k all day. That doesn't speak to most audiences. In fact it would probably be a lot more interesting and realistic to make a bio pic out of Elliot Rodger or something.
>>
>>81449571
Also, why does she show zero emotion in any of her tapes? Even if you have decided to kill yourself, you're still going to show some emotion when talking about everything that happened to you.
>>
>>81449618
Justin's second tape and Clay's were pretty emotional imo
>Helmet...
I prolly would've thrown myself off a cliff to be with her at that point
>>
Why did jessica sit on her rapist's lap after?
Why did hannah get naked in the hot tub with the guy she saw rape jessica??
Chad did nothing wrong, girls are just dumb
>>
>>81445349
>You will never have a good looking Chad friend like Jeff
Why was he the coolest bros?
>>
>>81449995
>Why did jessica sit on her rapist's lap after?
Still in denial and really wasn't sure what happened. Everyone else let her believe the tape lied. I thought she was going to point her dad's gun at him to get him to confess.
>Why did hannah get naked in the hot tub with the guy she saw rape jessica??
She got in the tub with Jessica, rape-enabler chad, and Asian chad. Rape chad was in the pool and joined her after the others left her alone and she was spacing out
>>
>>81450149
jessica still a ho to do that in front of her boyfriend, rape or no. its just super fucked up she was dry humping her rapist to piss off her boyfriend

hannah still knew she was getting naked at a rapist's house. if i saw someone hurt/rape/kill another person i would 1. call the cops and 2. stay far away from them.

this show makes girls look like stupid illogical sluts
>>
>>81449496

Supreme gentleman confirmed.
>>
>>81449995
>Why did jessica sit on her rapist's lap after?
She was trying to lie to herself and deny she was raped. But she suspected, and was trying to goad Justin into admitting it.
>Why did hannah get naked in the hot tub with the guy she saw rape jessica??

He wasn't there when she got in the tub, once she realized he was she tried to leave. Though I can't fathom why she thought going to a party at his house was a good idea.
>>
>>81450257
>ts just super fucked up she was dry humping her rapist to piss off her boyfriend
She was trying to get him to admit it.

And he's a shit-tier boyfriend for letting her get raped.
>>
>>81450257
>I'm super logical and never make any mistakes that might put myself in danger :^)
You are on that DUM
>>
>>81447832
Normies don't want to watch shows about actual depression, they want to watch shows about normie """""depression""""" featuring puppy-dog eyes and sad indie music.
>>
>>81450257
Her boyfriend let her get raped and wouldn't admit to it. Her hanging out with Bryce was the only way to get him to say anything and she had a feeling. I don't think Hannah knew it was Bryce's house when she went there and the show makes it clear she was a in a really messed up state when she was wandered into the party. Yeah mistakes were made but people, especially teenagers, don't always make the right or logical decisions.
>>
>>81450369
>witness a rape
>go to rapist's party
>get naked
>not leave when other people do
who the fuck is THAT dum
>>
>>81449253
>a literal faggot.
>>
>>81450402
I just looked it up, only 13% of women who were sexually assaulted attempt suicide. Could literally just talk about her depression and make a show based on that. I fucking hate shows.
>>
>>81450266
Just sayin', man.

Thing about being a girl. You know you've got the gates of heaven in your pants and you know guys want in. You bat your eyelashes and they give you their math homework to copy.

And they're all conflicted because this thing between their legs is all furry and once a month it hurts like hell, spewing blood everywhere, so you're kinda grossed out by it but you know guys will just kill for a chance to touch your boobs.

They have to have a lot of self-importance wrapped up in their sexual gatekeeping as a result.
>>
>>81449496
there is so many extra words in this post

you honestly could have got your point across in one sentence
>>
Is Tyler /ourguy/?
>>
>>81445749
Then don't watch it. Problem solved.
>>
File: 1491616262527.gif (272KB, 477x479px) Image search: [Google]
1491616262527.gif
272KB, 477x479px
>>81445349
normies need to feel edgy and non complacent in what they enjoy every once in a while anon
>>
>everyone just ignores Tyler getting relentlessly bullied the entire season
>>
>>81450427
I'm supposed to feel sorry for this person...?
>>
>the entire scene with mr.porter
How can you fuck up your job that badly?
>>
>>81450848
kinda the point desu. Not like the creepy stalker comments were totally unwarranted though
>>
>why didn't Hannah stop Bryce from raping Jessica
What the fuck would she do? Did you not see Bryce kick the shit out of Clay with ease?
>>
>>81450848
he was a creepy little shit. not like he didn't sort of deserve it
>>
>>81451037
Anything? Scream as loud as she could? I doubt he'd continue the rape knowing another girl was in the room.

If you were getting raped and one of your friends was there and did nothing wouldn't you be fucking pissed?
>>
>>81451333
>o man the class slut is mad that mega-Chad isn't fucking her lol
Her word against a guy most of those people worship
>>
>>81451386
?? It wasn't about calling him out after the fact, it was about stopping him during the act. I doubt if she started screaming fire at the top of her lungs or some shit that the rape would've continued with how many people were downstairs.
>>
>>81451421
She was also paralyzed with fear
>>
>>81451444
maybe she shouldn't have been a coward
>>
>>81451444
>paralyzed with fear
Bullshit. It's just bad writing. Any person witnessing it would scream.
>>
>>81451458
Seems like logic is not going to matter in this argument
>>
>>81451518
>logic
>s-she didn't stop and easily preventable rape because she was afraid

The fuck was he going to do to her if she just screamed?
>>
>>81450848
>Tyler is bullied for being a weirdo
>Teenage girl's bad decisions get her into drama
>She's an attention whore and kills herself, leaving behind 13 tapes
>Everyone, even the audience, focuses on the teenage girl's bullshit story and all the drama it starts
>Tyler and his school shooting plans go completely unnoticed

Tyler's story is kino metanarrative
>>
who else here wanted to bang clays mom?
>>
>>81451591
>yfw Tyler made her make these tapes then killed her to start this story to get his school shooting plan started
>>
>>81451614
>Not Hannah's
Comfort the grieving mother and get some sex
>>
>>81451591
i think it's because tyler being bullied was a bit deserved
>>
>>81450917
That was pretty cringeworthy, yeah.

At the same time, she had some pretty unrealistic expectations of what he could do for her.
>>
>>81451971
Haven't watched it all. Is he the school counselor? If so, if she shows she's a harm to herself or others, he can have her admitted to a psych hospital.
>>
Is there really a school shooting or are you guys trolling me?
>>
>>81452153
Tyler having a cache of guns was included for a reason
>>
>>81452153
Wait until season 2 :^)
>>
>>81451503
I think you're looking at this from your perspective, but it's far from you. She could've been afraid he would rape her too.
>>
DUDE BEING A TEEN IS HARD LMAO

how does this tripe even get published
>>
>>81451544
Hit her? Rape her too?
>>
>>81452216
>hit her
worth it to stop a rape
>rape her too
Yeah he's just going to bust out the double rape like he's a fucking edgy anime villain.

There's an entire room of people downstairs, all she would have to do is scream.
>>
>>81452189
No, if you scream at the top of your lungs, people will come running to help. You're telling me with how protective her mother is, she didn't give her any pointers if she's being raped or sees a rape?
>>
>>81452028
He is and this is what he should've done. She did all but say exactly suicide.
>>
>>81452189
>she could've been afraid he would rape her too

IN A HOUSE FULL OF PEOPLE?
>>
>>81449496
>what if I shot a girl's dog, gutted it, and fit its ribcage over her head
terrifying, sure, but nothing is more traumatic than abuse+psychological suffering
by abuse I mean doing something to that person

Like, that's a fucked up thing to do, but nobody has ever had to have therapy because their dog died
>>
>>81452254
Then this series is even more fucking stupid than I was let on. Any basic evaluation, a trained counselor would be able to know that she has suicidal ideation. Hell, ask her if she contemplated suicide.
>>
>>81452247
>worth it to stop a rape
It's not like he was going to stop anyway
If drunk bryce can overpower drunk justin, why would drunk hannah fare any better

>Yeah he's just going to bust out the double rape like he's a fucking edgy anime villain.
It's more than possible, if he switched to Hannah, there'd be nobody else in the room to stop him

Don't be an idiot
>>
>>81452285
>nobody has ever had to have therapy because their dog died

I know for a fact that isn't true
>>
>>81452331
>It's not like he was going to stop anyway
Yeah he's totally just going to keep raping knowing there's witnesses and a house full of people.
>It's more than possible, if he switched to Hannah, there'd be nobody else in the room to stop him

There's an entire house full of people.

>Don't be an idiot
you're a fucking retard. This situation was so easily preventable.
>>
>>81452278
>>81452253
>SHE SHOULD HAVE SCREAMED
>IN A HOUSE FULL OF PEOPLE?
With music playing so loud you can't hear literally any of the people downstairs
I don't know if you've ever been to a party, but when multiple people are talking, you can hear that shit. It's louder than one person screaming

Also, if she did start screaming, Bryce would beat her up, possibly rape her too
>>
>>81452382
If you scream at the top of your lungs, SOMEBODY is hearing that and going, "What the fuck was that? Come on, guys, let's see what's going on." Stop trying to justify this shit.
>>
>>81452332
I was being hyperbolic
The number of people in therapy/fucked up due to their dog dying is dwarfed by the number of people in therapy/fucked up due to sexual abuse to such an extent, it is laughable to even pretend that dogs dying is even on the radar of things you should look for when finding out the source of grief of a suicidal person
>>
>>81452382
You would definitely be able to hear a woman screaming at the absolute top of her lungs for help.
>Also, if she did start screaming, Bryce would beat her up, possibly rape her too

Doubtful. Bryce's rapes were more on unconscious people and half-naked girls already locked in a tub with him. There's no way he'd be bold enough to rape a screaming girl in a party house full of people with witnesses.

>beat her up
Look if someone's not willing to risk getting punched to stop a rape they're a pretty terrible person.
>>
I've decided I don't give a shit. Anybody have the webm's of the rapes and suicide?
>>
>>81452247
Would you really put it past him? And I can't remember, was their loud music going on during the party? I'm pretty sure there was.
>>81452253
>>81452370
Did it stop him from raping one person? Even with it being his friend's girlfriend and his friend actively trying to stop it? The dude didn't give a fuck. He was an untouchable rich dude, star athlete and she is the troubled "slutty" chick who would believe her?

You're retarded man, even if all that is true, you are acting retarded and forgetting the illogical nature of teenagers, the fear of rape and being beaten by someone 2-3 times your size and weight. You've never been in that situation as a girl and are incapable of trying to put yourself in the same mindset, so you can't understand shit. Should it have been easily preventable? Yeah? Welcome to 99% of rape you dumb piece of shit, but it still happens.
>>
>>81452370
>Yeah he's totally just going to keep raping knowing there's witnesses and a house full of people.
He doesn't care who knows, particularly if he doesn't care that his best friend knows

>you're a fucking retard. This situation was so easily preventable.
You're an ignoramus if you think that
People get outed as rapists all the time and nothing happens to them, particularly if they are the captain of the football team
Nobody could have saved helped them, everyone who wasn't drunk was gone
If Drunk Justin couldn't save his girlfriend, what is Drunk extra number 443 going to do?

It's like you've never been to a party
>>
>>81452525
>You've never been in that situation as a girl

Are you assuming my gender you shitlord?
>>
>>81452539
Just some tryhard autist with no life experience nor empathy to be able to try to understand why a girl might be frozen scared in that situation.
>>
>>81452426
>"What the fuck was that? Come on, guys, let's see what's going on."
Said nobody ever
If someone screams at a party, most people are going to ignore it

Seriously, go out in public and start screaming. Most people will avoid you
Chances are if you start screaming in a place where most people are intoxicated, like a bar, the bouncers will just throw you out
>>
>>81452028
Her expectations that she could point the rapefinger at a guy and he's just, I dunno, teleport into a prison ... not very realistic.
>>
>>81452525
You are literally an idiot. A rapist preys on the weak. If she screams her lungs out, he'll be afraid of being caught and immediately leave the room because he'll think somebody will come in and see that he's raping somebody. Please stop when you're behind.
>>
>>81452525
>Did it stop him from raping one person?
She was unconscious and there was no risk of her screaming for help.
>Even with it being his friend's girlfriend and his friend actively trying to stop it?
Justin was under his thumb.

>You're retarded man, even if all that is true, you are acting retarded and forgetting the illogical nature of teenagers, the fear of rape and being beaten by someone 2-3 times your size and weight. You've never been in that situation as a girl and are incapable of trying to put yourself in the same mindset, so you can't understand shit. Should it have been easily preventable? Yeah? Welcome to 99% of rape you dumb piece of shit, but it still happens.

The fuck? All she had to do was scream. A random party-goer could've ran up and stopped it. Are you implying that -you've- personally been in such a situation?
>>81452539

>He doesn't care who knows, particularly if he doesn't care that his best friend knows

Because his best friend is under his thumb.

>People get outed as rapists all the time and nothing happens to them, particularly if they are the captain of the football team

The entire lower floor of the house was completely filled with people. He wasn't afraid of Justin because Justin was under his thumb, due to being his only shelter from an abusive household.

Did you morons even watch the show?
>>
>See someone get raped
>Don't intervene
Okay, you might be scared because you're afraid for your safety. Honestly, a good person would put their safety aside to help someone in serious need but I can understand not want-
>Doesn't even call the police later when she is out of danger
Nevermind, she deserves to be raped. Repeatedly. In the anus.
>>
>>81452433
>You would definitely be able to hear a woman screaming at the absolute top of her lungs for help.
Not at all
You couldn't hear the tens upon tens of teens talking, drinking, dancing, downstairs, you wouldn't be able to hear someone screaming upstairs

>There's no way he'd be bold enough to rape a screaming girl in a party house
Usually when people rape others, they beat them until they stop screaming
Because why wouldn't you stop someone from drawing attention to the crime you're committing
use your brain

>Look if someone's not willing to risk getting punched to stop a rape they're a pretty terrible person.
She prevented her own rape and assault that specific night by staying quiet
>>
>>81452586
Public vs in a house are not the same thing, retard. Go into a party, if you hear a scream, most people who heard are going to go check it out.
>>
>>81452669
No one deserves to be raped. She is a piece of shit for not doing anything, but I don't think anyone deserves that.

Though it would've in the end been futile I think, he'd have gotten away with it.
>>
File: 1490725091421.jpg (72KB, 504x528px) Image search: [Google]
1490725091421.jpg
72KB, 504x528px
This show looks retarded and horrible from the trailer but I've heard good things. Is it worth the watch?
>>
>>81452679
>Not at all
Definitely. One wandering person anywhere in the house, chances are someone would.
>Usually when people rape others, they beat them until they stop screaming
Or the more likely situation is he just fucking freaks out and leaves. Bryce only raped people who were completely defenseless and already trapped with him with no possibility of anyone coming to help.

>She prevented her own rape and assault that specific night by staying quiet

She wasn't going to get raped.
>>
Everyone seems to forget that Bryce didn't see it as rape, he wouldn't freak out because he wouldn't think he was doing anything wrong.
He legit felt Jessica and Hannah were honored to be fucked by him.
>>
>>81452625
>Because his best friend is under his thumb.
My point was morality isn't an issue for him

>The entire lower floor of the house was completely filled with people.
And yet you couldn't hear any of them
Have you been to a house party?
If you couldn't heat the people downstairs, nobody would hear anything from upstairs
Even if they did, they would ignore it because they are drunk and Bryce surely would have beaten Hannah until she shut up because why wouldn't he stop someone from drawing attention to him

He would, just to answer and obvious question
>>
>>81452733
He shoved his friend out very physically, why not just punch the dumb slut from class one time and get some more pussy?
>>
>>81452681
The settings are essentially the same
The difference between a bar and a high school party is that there are people who are paid to make sure nothing goes wrong at bars
You know, other than alcohol quality and age
>>
>>81452757
>My point was morality isn't an issue for him
Getting caught is.
>And yet you couldn't hear any of them
Have you been to a house party?
Okay buddy next time you're at party go into a room and scream your lungs out and I fucking bet my life at least one person will come and check it out.
>Even if they did, they would ignore it because they are drunk and Bryce surely would have beaten Hannah until she shut up because why wouldn't he stop someone from drawing attention to him

More likely he'd just leave the room and then lie about it.
>>
>>81445349
For some reason basic bitches are going crazy over this series
>>
>>81452757
You're literally fucking retard. Nobody is believing a single word you're saying because it makes no logical sense. And if they don't, fucking go downstairs. Turn off the music and tell everybody about the shit upstairs. Even if everybody thinks she's lying, somebody would be suspicious.
>>
>>81452738
Because Bryce is a sociopath and the only legitimately bad person in the show. I was shocked that everyone protected him for so long but at the end they were totally on board with throwing him under the bus because they knew how bad he was. I felt bad for a minute because I wondered how he must've been raised to not realize what he did was wrong becuase everyone else was clearly remorseful
>>
>>81452759
Because his friend won't say shit because he's under his thumb, and trying to knock out a girl screaming her lungs out bloody murder is going to be a bit more troublesome than just tossing your drunk pal out.

And Bryce halfway didn't even see himself as a rapist. He raped defenseless girls who couldn't fight back, and just reasoned they "wanted it anyway". I don't think he was going to beat the shit out of a wailing girl and then force her down and rape her.
>>
>>81452725
No, if you see someone getting murdered/beaten/raped/robbed and you don't even call the police or intervene yourself, you are a massive piece of shit and deserve to be raped repeatedly.
>>
>>81452733
>Definitely. One wandering person anywhere in the house, chances are someone would.
Would wander upstairs only to find that the screaming had stopped because Bryce beat Hannah up
The door was locked, nobody is going to knock on doors and ask if anyone is okay in a locked door
Particularly not at a high school party where the understanding is that if there's a locked door, you should probably leave it alone because it's either off limits from the hosts intervention or someone is getting laid and they don't want anyone interrupting them

>She wasn't going to get raped.
It's clear that Bryce was attracted to Hannah
If, in a moment where he is exerting force over her and he's half naked, there's no reason to think that he wouldn't rape her
Clearly raping Hannah is something Bryce was capable of and Jessica wasn't awake enough to do anything about anything
Meaning, she would have been in trouble if she had started screaming.

Also, I can't believe that I even have to say this, but she was drunk
There's no way she could have done any critical thinking, so she made the best choice that was avaliable to her
>>
>>81452789
>Getting caught is.
He was caught by Bryce and he continued after shoving him out
So you're wrong

>Have you been to a house party?
Yes, and there's tons of drunk idiots screaming all of the time
Nobody there would be not-drunk enough to pick out specific screams and investigate

>More likely he'd just leave the room and then lie about it.
He already didn't leave the room when Justin barged in on him
So, you're arguing a moot point
>>
>>81452941
>He was caught by Bryce and he continued after shoving him out

He was caught by Justin, who is basically his yes-man because he's his only shelter from an abusive household. Watch the show moron.
>Yes, and there's tons of drunk idiots screaming all of the time

There are not girls screaming bloody murder in panic.
>He already didn't leave the room when Justin barged in on him

BECAUSE JUSTIN

IS FUCKING JUSTIN WHO WON'T SAY SHIT ABOUT HIM, NOT ANY RANDOM PERSON.
>>
>>81452819
>You're literally fucking retard. Nobody is believing a single word you're saying because it makes no logical sense. And if they don't, fucking go downstairs. Turn off the music and tell everybody about the shit upstairs. Even if everybody thinks she's lying, somebody would be suspicious.
You do know Hannah was drunk at this point, right?
She wasn't thinking about the best possible option because how often do people actually witness this stuff
It's really easy to point out things in hindsight, which just so happens to be your entire argument, but most people don't do shit when it's time to do anything
Which includes a drunk 15 year old girl
>>
>>81452819
I think you're forgetting her reputation and his, and that everyone is drunk, and the immediate reaction would be to be mad because she's freaking out. He'd lie, she'd not get believed, things would be worse for her.

>>81452852
I think you're taking him justifying his actions to himself a lot more literal than they are. He definitely knew he was doing wrong, he just thinks he's better and that's the way he makes himself feel better for being a rapist.

If he's drunk in a room, raping some girl, then another starts screaming, why do you think his response would be so logical? He would try to make her stop. It makes much more sense, you just don't want to be wrong.

>>81452865
I don't think you've ever been raped and you've been on 4chan too long if you literally wish rape on others. Honestly, she was shit for that, but you're a piece of shit yourself.

>>81452890
All of these people are just saying what is the best possible action in the moment, and yeah, sure that'd be the way to try to stop it. What they aren't taking into account is her being too drunk, they aren't trying to imagine the mindset of a teenage girl. I guess some of them are not capable of that kind of empathy or something.
>>
>>81452976
He was drunk, he's not thinking logically, he just didn't care. He's a star athlete rich kid, he just knew he could get off even if Justin did say something. Why are you so fucking autistic?
>>
>>81452989
>If he's drunk in a room, raping some girl, then another starts screaming, why do you think his response would be so logical? He would try to make her stop. It makes much more sense, you just don't want to be wrong.
The most logical thing to do is just leave the room and then lie about it.

He rapes people who were defenseless when they were alone. But no in this world Justin is bold enough to rape a woman screaming in a house full of people.
>>
>>81453015
Why do you think a drunk, horny teenager who thinks he's above everyone and shit is going to make that logical choice?
>>
>>81453014
>He was drunk, he's not thinking logically, he just didn't care. He's a star athlete rich kid, he just knew he could get off even if Justin did say something. Why are you so fucking autistic?
He had the mental capacity to realize Justin is pretty much his henchman and wouldn't betray him. Hence his whole "what's yours is mine" shtick.

Why are you a fucking retard? I hope you're never in a dangerous situation.
>>
I have never cried from a tv show or movie, but I cried a lot during the suicide scene. Anyone else?
>>
>>81452976
>He was caught by Justin, who is basically his yes-man because he's his only shelter from an abusive household. Watch the show moron.
I did watch the show, that's a very critical analysis from an audience's perspective. Way to really copy character development that happened months after the event down into a 4chan post. But maybe if you watched a bit more carefully, you'd realize that everything you're writing was something that came after the event. The reason he covered it up was because he was a yes-man, the reason he couldn't stop it at the time it was happening was because he was drunk and was overpowered.

Watch the show, moron
>>
>>81453015
>>81453045
And furthermore, why do you think a 15 year old girl who was very drunk would have been thinking clearly? Have you ever been under the threat of rape or bodily harm like that?
>>
>>81453045
Because it's also the instinctive one.

Rapists tend not to like getting caught. Rather than you people assuming he turns into fucking Solid Snake and CQCs her into submission before setting off the alert phase and continues the rape.
>>
>>81453082
Is it? I think they're both the instinctive one. Fight or flight has two parts. You're trying to exaggerate to make our point seem less realistic. You can't even attempt to see it from her perspective and that's why this will just go in a circle all damn night. I'm done with this stupid ass argument.
>>
>>81453062
>you'd realize that everything you're writing was something that came after the event. The reason he covered it up was because he was a yes-man, the reason he couldn't stop it at the time it was happening was because he was drunk and was overpowered.

He let Justin in the room well before trying to stop it, and even after getting thrown out he didn't try to further. Because he was his yes-man, this was known to both of them. Even though the nature of their relationship isn't clear until a bit later in the show, it was already like this for years.
>And furthermore, why do you think a 15 year old girl who was very drunk would have been thinking clearly? Have you ever been under the threat of rape or bodily harm like that?

Yeah screaming really requires a lot of thought process.
>>
>>81453047
>He had the mental capacity to realize Justin is pretty much his henchman and wouldn't betray him. Hence his whole "what's yours is mine" shtick.
That "shtick" isn't about him not saying anything about him raping her, it's about him getting a turn on his girl because he wants it
Literally the only reason you can even bring up that context is because your argument depends on it

Like, really, you're making no sense

"hey man, leave that girl alone"
"what's mine is yours and I want a turn with your girl"

"hey man, leave that girl alone"
"what's mine is yours which means you'll stay quiet about me raping her"
use your brain, obviously the former makes more sense
>>
>>81453129
I do, even from her perspective her actions were nonsensical.

>That "shtick" isn't about him not saying anything about him raping her, it's about him getting a turn on his girl because he wants it
His unconscious girl. He figured Justin wouldn't do shit about it.

The point being that he knew Justin was "his guy" and wouldn't do anything to stop him.
>>
>>81453130
>>81453129
Have the scene on a webm? I want to watch it for the whole context.
>>
>>81453130
Do you even know what paralyzing fear is?
>>
>>81453130
>He let Justin in the room well before trying to stop it,
Justin left the room, Bryce walked up seeing what was going on, Bryce walked in the room, Justin tries to stop it, Bryce shoves him out and locks the door
Bryce never let Justin in the room

>Yeah screaming really requires a lot of thought process.
Yeah, when you witness a crime perpetrated by someone who could easily harm you for trying to report the crime, making noise for attention is literally never the best option
Hannah was obviously scared, she wasn't thinking "phew, at least I'M not getting raped" or even "what should I do now" she was thinking "I'm so scared"
>>
>>81453205
It's like an entire episode really, I don't know if a webm would capture the context of it because the scene is really split up. I think it was episode 8 on Netflix.

>>81453225
Do you know what overcoming fear is?
>>
>>81453205
get a netflix account, find a link yourself, or get the fuck out of the thread
>>
>>81453226
No, Justin at first let him in the room after being coerced by Bryce, felt guilty and then ran back trying to stop it.
>Yeah, when you witness a crime perpetrated by someone who could easily harm you for trying to report the crime, making noise for attention is literally never the best option

Yeah especially not if you're in a house full of people who could easily help you.
>>
>>81453241
>Do you know what overcoming fear is?
Something you do in a safe setting where you can gradually work your way up to doing something and not at all something you do because you are involuntarily thrust into a situation that you aren't equipped to handle

Yeah, I do
if you don't, I just posted it above
>>
>>81453241
>>81453254
I don't want to watch the entire episode, especially since I know this will make no logical in the sense of a party. SOMEBODY would come if you screamed bloody murder or the predator would stop in fear of being caught. They are very methodical and if something unplanned happens, they do not know what to do.
>>
>>81453294
>you can only overcome fear in a safe setting

epic
>>
>>81453241
You tell me, must be hard dealing with all that autism.
>>
>>81453130
It doesn't take thought process, it takes you powering through your fear, not something everyone can do. EVEN IF IT IS UNREALISTIC THAT HE WOULD HAVE ATTACKED AND RAPED HER TOO, do you think it is possible that she wouldn't see it that way while drunk and scared? That she could make a logical decision in that situation? I get you just need to win this argument, but come on dude, you have to be able to wrap your fucking retarded brain around this.

>>81453241
Quit trying to put yourself as yourself in that situation. Try to imagine it from her perspective. She don't have life experience, she young, and honestly not that smart. She's smaller than him, she doesn't have friends, she's female, he's already shown he will rape (she doesn't have the context we do to know he wouldn't rape someone who wasn't helpless--which by the way, she is pretty helpless as she is really drunk at this point), he's shown that he will be violent. Can you look at it from this perspective and imagine and then tell yourself that you would be 100% sure to do something that would definitely appear to put yourself in a dangerous position? Don't fucking lie.
>>
>>81449452
>Just because these things aren't in your life experience

how can people who commit suicide watch this show are you retarded lol
>>
>>81453323
ITT: Internet tough guy.
>>
>>81453394
Exactly this
>>
>>81453340
It's a human instinct to scream when you see a rape. Even if you have never seen a rape happen in your life, if you see somebody forcing themselves on somebody, you're screaming as loud as you can. Stop defending bad writing.
>>
>>81445749
t. 13yo girl. It's not meant for you
>>
>>81453331
Yeah no problem man. If you're ever in such a situation feel free to scream so the truckloads of people downstairs can assist you.

>>81453340
> do you think it is possible that she wouldn't see it that way while drunk and scared? That she could make a logical decision in that situation? I get you just need to win this argument, but come on dude, you have to be able to wrap your fucking retarded brain around this.
You don't need to sit down and meditate to realize he's going to probably run, or someone will come up to assist you if you scream in a house full of people. How retarded are you?
>Quit trying to put yourself as yourself in that situation. Try to imagine it from her perspective.

Yeah, she screams and it's all over.

>She don't have life experience, she young, and honestly not that smart
She's 17. A 17 year old is smart enough to scream for help. A fucking child is.

>an you look at it from this perspective and imagine and then tell yourself that you would be 100% sure to do something that would definitely appear to put yourself in a dangerous position? Don't fucking lie.
You act like screaming for help is some truly heroic feat that requires a lot of willpower and courage to do. It's not.
>>
>>81453394
yeah i'm a real tough guy because I think someone who's seeing a rape occur should scream for help
>>
>>81453409
Lol no it fucking isn't. It's much more human instinct to run or hide or freeze when you are faced with a dangerous situation.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201405/neuroscientists-discover-the-roots-fear-evoked-freezing

>>81453441
SHE SAYS SHE WAS FROZEN IN FEAR, WHAT FUCKING ELSE IS THERE TO SAY HOLY SHIT DUDE.
>>
>>81447832
If you're a grill, they will
>>
>>81453273
>Justin at first let him in the room after being coerced by Bryce
No, We see that from Hannah's point of view, Bryce wrestled past him because we hear a body thudding against the ground in Justin's tape

>Yeah especially not if you're in a house full of people who could easily help you.
She was drunk, everyone was drunk, help wouldn't have arrived

>>81453317
Then fuck off
>>
>>81453489
>Sorry I just let you get raped my pal I was afraid and even though all I had to do was yell for help to one of the various partygoers downstairs it was too much.
>>
>>81453519
>No, We see that from Hannah's point of view, Bryce wrestled past him because we hear a body thudding against the ground in Justin's tape
That's when he threw him out.
>She was drunk, everyone was drunk, help wouldn't have arrived

I don't know if you've ever been drunk, but help would've arrived.
>>
>>81453441
or...she screams and (from her perspective) she might be getting beat and raped next?

it does require a lot of willpower to unfreeze when you're that scared. it's not heroic, but it takes willpower.

i think if you were a woman and had experienced that kind of fear at the hand of a man much bigger than you, you'd have an easier time understanding it.
>>
>>81453522
>yell for help
>Bryce hears you
>blocks the door
>beats you until you're quiet
>either goes back to the rape or rapes you

vs
>stay quiet
>confront crime later when it's safe
yeah, gee, she sure picked a bad choice
>>
>>81453553
>That's when he threw him out.
That was before he was even in the room, Hannah wasn't even hidden at this point

>I don't know if you've ever been drunk, but help would've arrived.
Nice wishful thinking, but not logical
>>
>>81453489
Guess what, that's when you yourself are in danger that you're paralyzed with fear. And being frozen in fear, you can still scream. Hell, fucking call 911 if nothing else.
>>
>>81450702
Apparently they can't make show about real depressed man. Not gonna appeal to normie crowd at all
>>
>>81453558
I've gotten my ass kicked from dudes way bigger than me. Screaming for help is not at all difficult.

>>81453569
in this magical world where nobody in a two story house can hear a screaming woman
>>confront crime later when it's safe

Something she never did.

>>81453597
It's not logical to assume someone would've checked out a woman screaming at the top of her lungs in a crowded house.

okay
>>
>>81453598
as someone who has been frozen in fear and raped, i think i would have a tad more experience. i didn't scream because i thought if i screamed he would kill me.
>>
>>81453597
How the fuck isn't it logical?! Again, go to a fucking party and scream as loud as you can. Somebody will fucking come, you autist 15 year old.
>>
>>81453640
as a sidenote, it was an illogical thing to think at the time, since it was at a party, since you're right someone probably would've come. but your mind doesn't always work right in that kind of stressful situation, especially with alcohol involved.
>>
>>81453640
Were you in a house full of people? No, then your argument doesn't count. And Hannah wasn't the one being raped.
>>
>>81453699
see
>>81453697
i should've put that in the first post.

and she easily could have been, though, despite all the arguing here. it isn't a huge leap of "what ifs" that can go through someone's head.
>>
>>81453629
We get it, dude, you're badass.
>>
>>81452835
I don't think he ever knew about the tapes
>>
>>81453744
Actually, if you're drunk, your fear is lowered and would be even more likely to scream and not be paralyzed with fear.
>>
>>81453758
>i'm a badass for getting beat up, and saying that I would scream for help if afraid
>>
>>81453629
>in this magical world where nobody in a two story house can hear a screaming woman
Yeah, I'm sure everyone can hear a pin drop IRL in a house full of rowdy teens and music that's way too lowd
I'm sure screaming is the best and only way to get attention in a place where people are more likely to cheer and drink more beer when they hear someone screaming

>Something she never did.
Because Jessica didn't want to admit it to herself

>somehow I forgot to mention that this crowded house is actually full of drunk inattentive teens
>or did I somehow mistake alcohol for coffee or something else that makes people really alert and active

>>81453647
>Somebody will fucking come
Yeah, no
The fact that you don't know this actually makes a lot of sense considering you post on 4chan
>>
>>81453799
I want to add on to this to say that according to grief/rape counselours and psychologists, you cannot and should not pursue action against a rapist unless that rape victim wants that

It's not your decision, it's theirs because it happened to them
>>
>>81453799
>Yeah, I'm sure everyone can hear a pin drop IRL in a house full of rowdy teens and music that's way too lowd

Yeah a pin drop is definitely comparable to a woman screaming at full blast.

>I'm sure screaming is the best and only way to get attention in a place where people are more likely to cheer and drink more beer when they hear someone screaming
Yeah you've never been to a party. There's a definite difference between an excited cheer, and a scream of panic.

>Because Jessica didn't want to admit it to herself

She didn't even call the police.

>>or did I somehow mistake alcohol for coffee or something else that makes people really alert and active

I don't think you've ever been drunk. You can easily tell if a woman is screaming until you're blackout wasted, which they were not. And as evidenced by when Hannah left the party not everyone was even that drunk.

Jeff wasn't drunk, and the black cheerleader was in her right mind enough to discern a shriek.
>>
>>81453799
Have you EVER been to a party in your entire life? I know numerous times that women just screamed with each other having fun and people came out of nowhere asking if they're all right. Just because you were a hermit in high school doesn't mean that everybody will ignore a screaming classmate.
>>
>>81453835
>cannot and should not pursue action
Now you're just make up bullshit.
>>
>>81453788
Rape is not like getting beat up, dude. It's more like having a gun pulled on you.
>>
>>81453911
She wasn't getting raped.
>>
>>81453938
I know, but it's still valid. If someone points a gun at your friend and you are close, what would you do?
>>
>>81453999
A gun is different from a person being raped, because all the person has to do is pull the trigger.
>>
>>81453999
If they had a guy, I'm going to try to negotiate and try to convince them not to shoot either of us. I would compare a rape to somebody with a gun, desu.
>>
>>81454032
gun* wouldn't*
Fuck. Screwed up twice there.
>>
>>81445749
It's supposed to invoke emotions. I personally wasn't too moved by the suicide awareness part because I've already experienced friends committing suicide and knew about that before the show, but I think it's more than worthwhile to make a show that explicitly shows it.

I wasn't a fan of the "believe all women" approach to the criminal justice system it was sorta advocating for at the end (although I do think the counselor did not do his job). I like the assumption of innocence and the rights of the accused, thank you very much.
>>
Give me more spoilers to hate this show even more than I already do. I want to call out more bullshit.

Oh, I know, what therapist says, "You can't love somebody back to life?". I'm going for counseling and what a therapist would say is, "You cannot blame yourself for somebody else's death."
>>
>Lesbian asian girl in living in California
>Adopted parents are both gay
>is closeted for some reason
I don't get it
>>
>>81454188
the therapist isnt supposed to be good at his job you pretentious faggot
>>
>>81454257
Then how the fuck is he licensed to be a counselor? How has he not been fired for incompetence?
>>
>>81454243
Because liberal Commiefornia high schools are still so oppressive and full of toxic masculinity that they keep womyn of color in the closet and cause girls to KILL themselves. We have to show this to every high schooler in America
>>
>>81454306
in the real world, you fucking autist, people get away with being shit at their jobs all the time
>>
>>81454391
Not for literal basic shit like that. Find me a single counselor that would say anything close to that to a grieving friend who just lost his friend less than two weeks ago.
>>
i didn't mind the show until the afterward where they're all "muh sexual assault justifies taking away the rights of accused rapists" thing
>>
>>81454482
Who was the one that pressed charges? Jessica? It's her word against his- pretty sure those charges would be getting dropped.
>>
>>81454388
it's so fucking weird. I went to a high school in California and I guarantee nobody would give a shit.
>>
>>81454561
no like the thing where they have the actors and producers and Selena Gomez come on and spew rhetoric
>>
>>81445349
Suicide always seemed like a relatively happy thing to me. If you don't like life enough to like living, then dying seems like a happy event. The depression leading up to suicide seems much more morbid then the actual suicide. I don't know, I can't really take anything about suicide seriously any more, it just seems like whiny nonsense where everyone is sad and confused by the really simple fact that someone decided to kill themselves.
>>
>>81454650
Felt the most for her parents desu.
>>
>>81454650
One of the things is it's a short-sighted fix for your problems. For them, yes they may feel it's better because they don't have to feel the pain but you're leaving a scar for everybody that actually loves you. They should seek therapy to try to be happy and live a full life.
>>
>>81454650
It's literally a waste. Think of all the chickens and cows that died to provide nourishment to that asshole who did nothing to further the good of the tribe. The problem is no one feels like a member of a "tribe" anymore. That's Emilie's anomie.
>>
>>81453054
I didn't cry but I felt really awful, I'm not sure what it was but it didn't feel like the same sadness I've felt with other shows or movies. It's like I almost forgot I was watching a show
>>
How the hell is it Clay's fault that he wasn't "there" for her? Pretty sure she could have sent him a text saying to come back for them to talk.
>>
>>81455149
That and the parents scenes always got me.

>>81455154
I think the nuance was that she felt she didn't deserve him, so it wasn't so much on him but on her there.
>>
>>81454770
Still, suicide ends your suffering pretty effectively. Ideally I'd like to see people be less sad about that part and more happy that the person isn't suffering any more. I'd never encourage someone to commit suicide, but if that's what they choose in the end then I think it makes more sense to be happy for them. You can only really control how you feel about something, and if suicide stands to make you feel better (well, less bad) about things, then I think other people should ideally be more happy that you aren't suffering. Saying "oh they aren't suffering any more but now I'm sad because I liked them, so they shouldn't have killed themselves" just seems selfish. Don't get me wrong, I get why people feel that way, but I think people should try not to feel like that and rather just be happy.
>>
>>81454306
He's a HS counselor; he's shit tier by definition.
>>
Why is there an investigation with these tapes in the first place? Why would they change any of these people with? These tapes wouldn't even be admissible in court.
>>
>>81455713
You didn't watch the show
>>
>>81455713
It's not a criminal investigation for them, it's like a civil suit. Dunno if the tapes would be admissible in court, but still.
>>
>>81455763
Not the end. Can I get a tl;dr for that part?
>>
>>81455777
Then why is there an investigation with attorney's questioning them? For a civil suit, they would just go to court.
>>
>>81455275

a permanent solution to a temporary problem isn't effective, it's just dumb

>inb4 depression followed me around my whooole life boohoo

half of the people who whine about their depression could just sedate themselves with SSRIs or pursue alternative lifetsyles that would make them happier. instead they just selfishly think they're above helping themselves and think it's way more enjoyable to wallow in their depression like their life is some fucking biopic being watched by the masses
>>
>>81455830
They're trying to prove the school was negligent or something, there are witnesses being deposed in big civil cases too I think.
>>
>>81455890
If the counselor didn't do his job correctly, that right there proves negligence.
>>
>>81445786
What about boredom? That's the only emotion evoked by this shit
>>
What did Tyler trade for the guns?

Was that money or pictures of underage porn?
>>
>first world problems: the show
>>
>>81456311
Will they really go into the stereotype that white men who are bullied become school shooters? There have only been like 10-20 school shootings ever in the United States.
>>
I'm straight but Tony is really handsome
>>
>>81456424
They went there with the fratbro rapist meme. They should have made it someone no one would expect.
>>
>tfw you are literally Clay
>>
>>81456424
>only 10-20 school shootings

Jesus. It's not like they're grasping at straws.
>>
>>81456643
hi Clay

why do you visit /mu/
>>
>>81456543
This show is literally one big stereotype.

>>81456646
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

Apparently, there's a lot more than I thought, but it's still uncommon as shit.
>>
>>81445349

I wonder how many teenage girls want to be like Hannah.

But then again, it did show the consequences of pulling out of life. Devastated parents/friends and all.
>>
>>81456834
Unless you count all the shootings just outside of the school in Chicago. But those don't fit the bad white kid meme.
>>
File: 1400022578846.jpg (182KB, 1392x790px) Image search: [Google]
1400022578846.jpg
182KB, 1392x790px
SHOULD I WATCH THIS SHOW

It looked like a soap opera for teenage girls in the 10 minutes I watch
>>
>>81445349
SPOILER!
this is a bad series. just saying. and im not even talking about the suicide and rape shit.
>>
>>81456882
And for "mass shootings", it's around what I said prior. Is this entire show basically "Fuck white people"?
>>
>>81456850
It may be nominal, but I expect a few more Hannas gone before the end of the year because of this series. Flashing a hotline number at the end isn't really any help.
>>
>>81456891
I would unironically rather watch The Walking Dead and its soap opera than this. Watch the first episode, if you get pissed like I did, stop and read spoilers.
>>
I love this show because it reveals how painfully low the average fa/tv/irgin's emotional intelligence is.

It's not even a good show really, it's just funny watching you guys struggle to understand the motivations behind peoples actions.
>>
>>81456935
It's also "fuck successful Asians" as well.
One stole some paper and the other one was coming to terms with her own shit. How are they evil?
>>
>>81456985
>implying this show made their motives realistic at all
>>
>>81455888
Death happens to everyone, at the end of the day you will die. It's not like life lasts forever, in the end you're just speeding up the inevitable and in the grand scheme of things you're not even speeding it up by very much.
>>
Bryce did nothing wrong
>>
>>81457010
This show could be so much better if they delved into actual depression and loneliness and how they claimed "depression" is. Hell, in high school I was a loner with a few friends that I basically only spoke to in school, I was never invited to any parties, I was never talked to by the "popular" kids. But actual depression would be 'boring' to these audiences, even though it claims to be about suicide awareness.
>>
>>81457161
Bryce would get away with it, too. He can claim that his confession was under duress and that Jessica framed him.
>>
Tony best husbando
>>
>>81457163
Depression is still taboo. We're either supposed to take some pills or man up and get over it.

If they could just get over it they would. When your brain chemistry is out of whack, there's not much you can do but hope those around you can keep you safe until it passes.
>>
>>81457430
If this show was really pushing mental health and suicide prevention, they would have made the counselor actually know how to do his job, but not have Hannah go to him to talk about her suicidal ideation. With that, they could push to talk to somebody, talk to your counselor who's in your school and is ready to talk to you about your problems when you're in that dark place.
>>
>>81452587
this
he asks her if she has a solid case and tells her that if she doesn't it's likely she won't get far
then she freaks on him
it's as if she expected the guidance counselor to publicly announce that Bryce was a rapist then kill him based on what she said
>>
>>81457010
Yeah, he only stole pieces of paper, but they were meaningful to her. Then, when she really called out for help, instead of speaking up or even talking to her privately, he did nothing. It's not evil per se, but the idea of the whole series is "you never know what is going on in someone's life" and therefore, should not treat people poorly. You never know what little thing is the last thing someone's holding onto that you may destroy without knowing/caring.
>>
>>81454243
she didn't want her dads to get shit for it and she hated how she would be a living stereotype
did you even watch the show?
>>
>>81457010
Also, coming to terms with her own shit is one thing, but knowing the struggles that Hannah was having intimately, she chose to throw her under the bus to save herself from a little drama. (Which was stupid drama, because no one actually gave a fuck since she has two gay dads.) She could've deflected some other way, but she chose to be cruel about it. I feel no sympathy for that bitch.
>>
>>81457504
A part of the themes is how society fails people like this, especially poorly trained staff at schools who often are only concerned about the school politics or their bottom line instead of the people they are supposed to take care of.
>>
>>81456976
everyone who likes it thought it was gonna be bad based on the first two episodes
the show takes a turn and everyone except clay and jeff end up being shit people
>>
never trust a chad
>>
second season:

>hannahs parents go on revenge tour after listening to the tapes, picking off each kid 1 by 1

would u watch?
>>
>>81458996
Season 3:

>Hannah isn't dead and is basically A from PLL
>>
Is it really rape if the girl secretly likes it or gets with the rapist?
>>
>>81454650
This is wrong. David Foster Wallace gives an analogy that illustrates this point. Imagine a person jumping from a burning building to escape the flames (depression). It's not a lack of fear off the fall or a desire to jump off the building; jumping off the building is just as terrifying as it would be for you or me as it is for the person in the flaming room. From our vantage point outside the building we can't comprehend why a person would jump off the building. They choose to jump, but it's not something they're happy to do. Choosing the relatively less terrible choice doesn't make it not terrible.
>>
is rape really that common in high school? I was a loser and only went to handful of parties but never saw anyone do creepy shit to blackout/passed out chicks. if someone did theyd probably get beaten up or some shit. we were all of bunch of upper middle class white kids though, idk if there's more sketchy shit in poorer places.
>>
>>81459252

there's this annoying assumption that if a person didn't kill themselves, their life would getbetter. say some dude decidesnot to kill himself, but thenbecomes a heroin addict and dies from aids complications on the street, slowly and painfully. i think blowing your brains out might be a better alternative than that.
>>
>>81459286
It struck me as weird that none of the boys were reprimanded for feeling up girls or anything like that. This could mean that rape culture is caused by both men and women, as Courtney denied that Bryce raped Hannah/Jessica.
>>
>>81459339
I think DFW's analogy actually explains this perfectly. They don't think they're going to escape the flames and so they jump off the building. The point is jumping off is still fucking terrifying.
>>
>>81459348

I don't understand why thinking women should try to stay in safe situations means being "pro-rape" or "victim blaming." if I have a daughter (or son even) I'm obviously going to tell them that bad shit is much more likely to happen if you're super drunk or with people you don't know. then if somethig happens god forbid, I'd obviously give them whatever support they need/want. I mean on some level, if a girl goes off with some sketchy guy se doesn't know, gets too drunk and gets raped, isn't there at least SOME feeling that "in the future I should avoid putting myself in situations like that"? also the "my body is not an object" meme, newsflash: yes it is, it's a physical entity, men are the same way. encouraging risky behavior seems like these feminists would rather have women getting raped and rapists going to prison than rapes not occuring in the first place.
>>
>>81459252
I'm sure it would be just as terrifying, but I don't think that really goes against anything I said. If the person in the burning building analogy were on fire and decided to jump rather than be consumed in agony by the fire until his inevitable death, then I would say that him jumping was a good thing. The analogy explains that suicide is still scary for the person doing it, but it doesn't say that this somehow makes the suicide more or less sad. The analogy doesn't even really work well for explaining whether it's good or bad since in this case he's going to die in the immediate future regardless.
Thread posts: 256
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.