[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have brought peace, freedom, justice and security to my new empire.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: Cfa95-gW8AAY6-b.jpg (38KB, 600x302px) Image search: [Google]
Cfa95-gW8AAY6-b.jpg
38KB, 600x302px
I have brought peace, freedom, justice and security to my new empire.
>>
>>81443545
I had not previously considered that fact. Upon retrospect, it appears you have performed a good and honorable service to the general galactic public. I bid you good fortune in your future endeavors, and a fine day.
>>
I unironically love this movie.
>>
Your new empire?
>>
>>81443648
Me too, no matter how many times I watch it again I never got bored of it, specially the scenes on mustafar.
>>
>>81443648
Same, saw it in the cinema when it came out. Great experience, despite the audience laughing at the "noooo" scene
>>
>>81443648
As a kid I loved episode III, but I just rewatched the entire Star Wars.
Out of the prequels, I think Episode II is the best, but when I was a kid I hated it.
III is good, but I like Obi-Wan's adventure more.
Honestly, Obi-Wan carried the entire prequel trilogy on his own.
>>
Jedi only support the republic because they make a profit out of it and it is the only regime that only doesn't prosecute them but encourage them

mmm?
>>
>>81443545
>YOUR new empire?
>Yes Obiwan MY new empire. Now do you want to help me kill that sith bastard or not?
>I could never fight you anakin. You are a brother to me. Let's kill that sheev bastard
>>
>>81443814
>Anakin becomes the new emperor
>Obi-Wan becomes a sith apprentice to Ani
>Luke and Leia are born and Anakin raises them to be sith prince and princess
Kino
>>
>The Republic is more interested in planetary trade disputes than in child slavery on its periphery
>The Jedi are more or less just highly competent thugs for the Chancellor and inner forces within the Senate
>This is presented as good
>>
>>81443797
they're basically terrorists
>>
Well Anakin ended the Clone Wars. If Jedi would have just killed Sheev Palpatine, the Republic wouldn't had a leader and nobody would have been keeping the war in stalemate from both sides. Even if the Republic could have gotten their shit together after a cult executing their loved political leader without a trial, they would still have to fight the Separatist for years.
>>
>>81443814
>>81443856
It doesn't rhyme.
>>
>>81443649
Don't make me kill you.
>>
>>81443875
>a george lucas movie is going over this anons head

yowza, I'm glad I'll never be this dim
>>
>>81443875
It's not, which was the point Lucas was trying to make. By the time of the prequels the Jedi Order is literally the space-gestapo enforcing the rule of a corrupt political regime that tolerates slavery and is willing to do whatever it takes to keep power. Watch The Clone Wars and read Dark Disciple, it shows just how morally bankrupt the Jedi were.

The sequels under Lucas would have focused on Luke's efforts to build a Jedi Order that, with the help of force ghost Qui Gon, Obi Wan, Yoda, and Anakin avoids the mistakes of the original.
>>
>>81443875
>Starting a war with the Hutts over slavery
no thanks senpai
>>
>>81443648
Same. imo it's one of George's masterpiece(other than New Hope). The way we see the tragity of Darth Vader unfolds, it gets dark and sad at it's final moments.
>>
>>81444149
>>81444242

We were beaten over the head with "Separatists bad" in the first trilogy, then "Empire bad", in the second. "Republic bad" was very low key and might have only been in there by accident. Rogue One stated plainly "Rebellion sometimes bad too". If the series ends on the note of trying to create something better than what is, then that ending is built on a series of similar attempts that ended equally poorly.
>>
>>81443875
The whole point of the prequels is to show that the Jedi were hypocritical galactic police that just did whatever the republic told them to because "muh sith". Fighting for the republic was a mistake, and being stupid and meditating instead of actively seeking sith was their ultimate undoing.

I seriously think only retards don't get it.
>>
>>81443648
Most people who aren't obsessed with the prequels as a whole being shit can acknowledge that RotS is pretty good.
Personally I like it more than Jedi.
>>
>>81445061
I think anyone who isn't a complete OT fag knows it's better than Jedi. That's easily the worst Star Wars movie. The final battle is amazing but the muppets just kill it.
>>
>>81443648
for all its faults its extremely entertaining
>>
>>81444558

The Hutts couldn't have mounted a legitimate defense when faced with a concerted military campaign. They would have just caved on slavery enough for the Republic to fuck off for a while.

>>81444934

There was a strong mixed message there. The status quo of "democracy good" was strongly hyped in the first trilogy. I understand that you take it as head-canon that the order being failed and played out due to its entwining with the Republic's government, but there were strong pro-Democratic messages interwoven into the narrative so I think that the notion that this is canonical is just off point.
>>
>>81443545
YOU'RE new empire?
>>
>>81443648
Same. I watched it the first time when I was 12. It's the Star Wars movie that I've seen the least number of times (two). I don't know if I can watch it again. But I know I really really had a great experience back then and for what seemed to be the last Star Wars movie it delivered the quality I expected, at least as a 12 year old back then.
>>
>>81443743
>out of all the prequels, I think Episode II is the best
Could you elaborate? Genuinely curious, since I've never heard anyone unironically like it the most.
>>
File: 11638-25524.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
11638-25524.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>>81446910
The Jedi Council are stupid as hell.
Obi-Wan runs around the galaxy to fix everything.
Episode I explains Anakin has to much fear to be a Jedi, but they let him in and he kills innocent women and Children.
While the council (Yoda) act stupid, Obi-Wan runs shit.
He's the best character by far.
>>
File: IMG_0850.jpg (3MB, 2125x2925px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0850.jpg
3MB, 2125x2925px
>>81445674
The Hutts were able to maintain control of their portion of space for a good 15,000 years, even after withstanding a republic crusade. They wouldn't have caved on one of their most important economic markets.
>>
>>81443648
BOOM BOOM
BOOM BOOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT7vD8uAGEQ
>>
If you're not with me...then you're my ENEMY!
>>
>>81443648
Same, anon.
>>
>>81444143
ANAKIN, CHANCELLOR PALPATINE IS EVIL
>>
>>81443875
>A bloated bureaucracy is more involved in matters concerning money than matters concerning morality

Colour me surprised that is so unlike real life
>>
So how the fuck did normies get a liking in our star wars memes?

The high ground meme is everywhere.
>>
>>81447836

It has been since... years ago. I saw it on facebook not long after I saw it on imageboards, which was not long after the film came out. If it's digestible then normies adopt it quickly.
>>
>>81447836
They only partially like our memes, for example they aren't sheev posters but they do like the autistic spin he did
>>
>>81443545
>>81443648 <--- this

It's weird I decided to give it a re-watch after seeing Clones with my buddies a few days ago (it's god awful still) and I had a blast with episode III, it's not better than the OT or the disney ones but god damn is it Star Wars.
>>
>>81447836
muh 4chan secret club
>>
Star Wars 10/10
Empire Strikes Back 10/10
Return of The Jedi 7.5/10
The Phantom Menace 5/10
Attack of The Clones 2/10
Revenge of The Sith 7/10
The Force Awakens 9/10
Rogue One 8/10
>>
>>81443648
I love this movie because of how hilariously cheesy it is
>>
>>81447836
It's because shit posting pages on facebook are a thing now
>>
>>81448176
>that Obiwan power stance when he appears at the door of the ship
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.