/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gets appointed king of fantasy land >starts singing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

>gets appointed king of fantasy land
>starts singing
>>
>>81441443
Tolkien was pretty shitty with the dialogue, and Jackson is a hack so he was just trying to be true to the source material.
>>
>>81441443
But was he singing about his proposed tax reforms?
>>
>>81441476
Some of Tolkien's dialogue has nearly brought me to tears, especially Sam's. Of course Jackson is a hack and LOTR is inherently unfilmable, but don't shit on Tolkien just because of how bad his directing and the acting was.
>>
File: ttt0164.jpg (40KB, 240x101px) Image search: [Google]
ttt0164.jpg
40KB, 240x101px
>>81441557
We can breach those.
>>
File: tipsfedora10.jpg (37KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
tipsfedora10.jpg
37KB, 604x453px
>>81441616
>Some of Tolkien's dialogue has nearly brought me to tears
>>
>>81441616
>especially Sam's.

So you're a faggot.
>>
>>81441656
>lmao you like thing? here's a picture of a hat.
>>
>>81441476
>Tolkien was pretty shit with dialogue

You must be one of those faggot contrarians who make /lit/ completely intolerable. It's the reddit of 4chan.
>>
File: Sam-0.jpg (112KB, 620x261px) Image search: [Google]
Sam-0.jpg
112KB, 620x261px
>>81441678
>hating the objectively best character in LotR
>>
>>81441806
>I can't sleep mr frodo
>there's a root under my back
>just pretend your at home in bed sam
>its not working mr frodo

le whole cinema erupts in chuckles
le classic lovable character xD
>>
>>81441443
the films are already very song free considering that in the books you have pages upon pages of singing and poetry
>>
>gets appointed king of fantasy land
>no 8 minutes montage of him listening to his advisers on tax plans and international politics
what the fuck was the Tolkien "The Hack"™ the director of The Lord of The Rings: The Return of the King Extended Edition™ available in Blu-Ray™ thinking?
>>
>>81441443
>someone appoints you king of fantasy land
>only sings
>not tapdancing too
seriously aragorn? what the hell?
>>
File: GONE.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
GONE.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>81441616

Me too. The wisdom Tolkien had on the nature of good, evil and the role they play together is just incredible. A lifetimes worth of deep thought and values personified in book form. Tolkien is my absolute hero.

He had a deep love of nature and it shows in his beautiful description of flowers, trees and even phylogeny of creatures and made up races.

The first scene that came to mind that brought me to tears too was the Southron falling off the Olligant and Sam questioning if he was really bad at all, and if he if given the choice would have wanted to stay at home with his family and friends. Which adds such depth and understanding, the way he describes bodies piling up like shingles makes me think he's seen it himself and his talking from experience.
>>
>>81441701
/tv/ is the reddit of 4chan
>>
>>81442154
>doesn't like the comic side character
Have a heart.
>>
>>81441692
Provide an example of this emotional dialogue then you sperg
>>
>>81443451
Oliphaunt:
Grey as a mouse
Big as a house
Nose like a snake
I make the earth shake
As I tramp through the grass
Trees crack as I pass
With horns in my mouth
I walk in the South
Flapping big ears
Beyond count of years
I stump round and round
Never lie on the ground
Not even to die
Oliphaunt am I
Biggest of all
Huge, old, and tall
If ever you'd met me
You wouldn't forget me
If you never do
You won't think I'm true
But old Oliphaunt am I
And I never lie
>>
>>81443480
4chan is the reddit of tv
>>
>>81441701
/lit/ may be annoying with their head up their own ass but unlike Reddit they don't read pulp garbage and have a generally good understanding of their medium when they're not posting booktuber/ e-celeb trash.
>>
File: sad.jpg (30KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
30KB, 450x320px
>>81442154
>I cant carry it for you Mr. Frodo.. BUT I CAN CARRY YOU
>>
>>81443451
>the way he describes bodies piling up like shingles makes me think he's seen it himself and his talking from experience.
Didn't Tolkien fight during WW1?
>>
Been ages since ive seen lord of the reddits. Whats he singing sbout
>>
>>81441701
Tolkien was never widely regarded as a great writer. Sorry to burst your bubble.
>>
>>81443747

Yeah, he was even at the battle of the somme
>>
>>81444528

>ywn leave the trench on July 1st 1916 thinking the Germans had been completely destroyed only to be gunned down and be a statistic of 20k KIA
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.