[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think about this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: flith-poster.jpg (291KB, 1012x1500px) Image search: [Google]
flith-poster.jpg
291KB, 1012x1500px
What does /tv/ think about this movie?
>>
>>81441035
I didn't like it very much. James McAvoy was fantastic, and you could see the traces of a great novel all over the film. But the director really botched the tone and style, in my opinion. It's all too slick and "cool" in a way that doesn't fit the source material or the character at all.

And the way he sets up & executes the big "twist" at the end was all wrong. This should not have been a "Fight Club" ending. When we find out what he's been up to this whole time, it should've been a really tragic, revolting moment, not a big "mindfuck" reveal.

To be fair, this particular kind of dark comedy is probably the hardest type of film to make correctly. A movie like "American Psycho" walks a REALLY fine line between satire and horror, with very little margin for error
>>
>>81441035
Pretty funny.

Legit needed subs for certain sections though.
>>
>>81442077
The novel wasn't that great, funny all right but that's about it
>>
>>81442211
I actually haven't read it, but I've read some of Irvine Welsh's other novels and enjoy his writing a lot. I guess what I meant is that you can see how this could've been a good movie, you can see what they were going for and why they wanted to make it. They just didn't quite hit the mark
>>
>>81441035

Like others said, the novel was aright. What bothered me (and why I didn't see the movie) was that the main character was supposed to be repulsive in every way, physically, morally, personality-wise, etc. But for the movie they made him good looking and charismatic, as well as going for a "Jackass" ascetic :(
>>
>>81441035
Just your average rozzer in Scotland. Hadrian's wall needs to be bigger.
>>
>>81443561
>charismatic
>being a complete asshole and cucking everyone
>>
Like any adaptation of Welsh's work can't quite escape the long shadow of Trainspotting.
Still, anchored by a great performance by McAvoy.
>>
i thought it was okay all through but the ending was really heartbreaking
it's like your love for bruce snuck up on you
>>
>>81441035
This movie tricked me into experiencing feelings.
>>
>>81441035
James McAvoy's range runs from "weakling" to "weakling kidding on he's hardcore". Avoid.
>>
I greatly enjoyed it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.