[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't get it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

I didn't get it.
>>
I watched it last night and I have no idea what the fuck I watched. Was falling in and out of sleep, and good lord my dreams were fucked
>>
>>81438585
worth watching?
>>
>>81439354
Not really, the gore and special effects were amazing but the movie made 0 sense, and was basically the thing and hellraiser mixed together
>>
>>81438585
its kind of lovecraftian
culit , elder gods, and secrets
i liked
>>
File: 1491110768304.jpg (23KB, 578x490px) Image search: [Google]
1491110768304.jpg
23KB, 578x490px
>>81439411
>being this retarded

it's quite simple
the doctor lost his daughter and went insane in his search to bring her back. Death is just another step and when you die you go somewhere. The doctor was opening the "void" so he could be with his daughter again. The stuff that comes from the "void" manifest itself in our world as it did, bunch of horrific monsters and what not, but that's not scary to the doctor who understands it or his followers, only to those who are blind to the void.

The void awaits all of us, so what the good doctor was actually doing is just speeding up the process.
>>
pretty good movie, wish they didn't add le sheriff and head nurse were together once meme though and some performances could've used some work. the doctor was awesome
>>
really good imo
fuck cgi
>>
>>81440379
Well aren't you a meanie beanie
>>
Great creature effects and the acting was surprisingly solid, especially from the doctor, but it could have benefitted from more character development, establishing scenes, and stronger direction in general, all of which felt absent and made it feel disjointed.

Also the sound mixing and design was appallingly bad during the action scenes. Maybe it was just my theater but there was virtually no sound during the attacks and the gunshots literally sound like theyd been turned way way down in post. The monsters were great looking but the absence of any sound took away from the horror of it. They needed to go full Bloodborne with it; the beasts screaming constantly in agony as their bodies are twisted and morphed into these abominations, it would have made it so much more intimidating and would have stuck with you more like how virtually everything is constantly shrieking like in The Thing.

6/10 overall
>>
>>81440379
This anon gets it.

It still wasn't that great though, I'm 100% convinced there will NEVER EVER be a Lovecraft-inspired movie that isn't an action flick with dude tentacle aliens from hell lmao. Not that those are inherently bad, but selling it as "Lovecraftian" is like selling capeshit as a thoughtful mediation on the meaning of power in society
>>
File: 1485111422899.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1485111422899.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
>And now, Daniel, you are finally ready...To join us, in The Void
>>
Fantastic movie, it was everything I hoped for. Strangely people are complaining about not being enough monsters...I think we had more footage then the thing of monsters in this, but wasn't enough for it to be a gimmick.

As for the ending.

The Dr. was the connection of those entities in the void to this world, so when he was tackled into the doorway the entities lost that connection and everything collapsed.

Excellent balance of the story, the cult and monsters the acting was enough, the character development wasn't quite there I'll admit. It captured the atmosphere for this genre of movie that hasn't been captured in a long ass time.

If you saw the trailer, understand Lovecrafts work and hoping for something that is quite a bit lovecraftian...this is for you.
>>
>>81443629
Well seeing the trailer, you knew that it wasn't going to be the same atmosphere. It's just unbelievable to capture the creatures that Lovecraft came up with, and not have it go all out in film. This still imo came across much better then the creatures in the mouth of madness.
>>
>now, we have finally become the void

woah...
>>
what happened to allison?
why was she all tentacles?
>>
>>81443906
Yea the Dr kidnapped her and impregnated her. Then the protagonist cut her head off. They see eachother again in the void though.
>>
It was pretty mediocre. I wanted to see more exposition and character development. The monsters were cool, but they were there to compensate for the lack of anything else interesting.
>>
File: 1449449999205.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1449449999205.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
Why did the first nurse go crazy and then turn into a monster?
>>
It's a neatly condensed little story about weird things happening in a small town. Looking at it from the outside, it's going to end up being something like:

Multiple people from the hospital and police missing, some weird cultist bodies discovered. The mute guy is probably never going to the cops, and can't really talk about it. The nurse probably won't go to the cops either and didn't actually see anything except one murder. All the evidence of paranormal stuff has been burned both at the hospital and the farmhouse.

It's ultimately just a super weird story for the town where dozens of people go missing and a tragic event at the hospital is never resolved.
>>
>>81444493
She was one of the Dr's followers, and I assume you open yourself up to the void to be taken advantage of. You saw the preggo lady when she thought it was the right decision, then asked the Dr to bless her child, and she was scared shitless. I imagine with the nurse she was kind of the same, but instead of being scared it drove her insane. Remember he mentioned it during his conversation with Allison that she wasn't quite ready to accept it.
>>
>>81444925
Yup, honestly if there is another movie related to this, I'd like to see a prequel, about the rituals they do, or the events immediately preceding this movie.
>>
>>81444493
Presumably she was a cultist. That or she was killed by something like lethal injection, because the head cultist realized that the cops were onto the junkie AND the baby was on the way, so it was the perfect time to kick off the event. Killing the witnesses via the nurse would be an easy way to do that.
>>
>>81444976
A prequel would be pretty cool where they go through the stuff happening at the farmhouse. It seems like it was pretty gross so there was lots of room for more body horror. Probably even worse in some respects than what happened at the hospital. Think more like SAW with kidnapping/torture/sexual abuse/drug abuse than the hospital monster attack.

They could also do a sequel though. It could either be just the same world, or it could be something like an investigator chasing the case off somewhere and getting into trouble. There were still the cultist bodies and the pictures left behind, so there's enough there to at least put someone on the case. Could lead to a more isolated or main-character driven thing more consistent with Lovecraft.
>>
>>81438585
Don't watch. The trailer was more entertaining than the movie itself.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.