[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2530.jpg (134KB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2530.jpg
134KB, 1200x500px
What do you guys think of this movie?
>>
>>81438470
Is it sad?

I've never seen it but don't want to cry.
>>
>>81438470
Literally the only flick that kike has looked moderately attractive in.
>>
>>81438470
overrated shit.
>>
I liked it, but that was more than a decade ago.

Is it worth revisiting?
>>
>>81438470
boring as fuck
>>
File: file.jpg (160KB, 1077x519px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
160KB, 1077x519px
Nothing really sticks to the mind in this shallow attempt at portraying "alienation." Yes, Bill Murray is cool and witty, Scarlett Johansson is gorgeous, the music is good and Tokyo looks otherworldly, but you can't hang your movie on these surface pleasures without any real ideas or vision and have it succeed as much more than banal eye candy; designer alienation, ennui chicâ„¢.

When it comes to painting such themes with actual emotional or intellectual heft, let's just say that Coppola is no Antonioni or Kar-Wai (two of her self-professed influences). This is a superficially pretty but achingly dull and empty film with nothing of substance to express, and I can only suppose its mass appeal rests largely on the shimmering city, mediocre songs and lead actors it captures, all of which impart a certain built-in pathos mostly separate from the text of the film itself.

This is ITMFL for plebs. Nobody actually likes this film, they just like to be seen liking it.
>>
>>81438498
It will make you depressed about not having a gf do NOT watch
>>
It's great and highly relatable for anyone that stepped foot in Tokyo in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Portrayal of that time was so spot on that Murray/Scarjo and the paper thin plot are merely vehicles to explore the setting and the many sub/background characters.
>>
>>81438652
>patrician
>not chungking express
>>
>>81438652
>like someone in love
the trailer makes this seem like a shitty love triangle drama and almost put me off watching it
>>
>>81438470
It's ok. It's just a poor man's In the Mood for Love.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.