[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck did I just watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: tarkovsky.jpg (498KB, 1772x1688px) Image search: [Google]
tarkovsky.jpg
498KB, 1772x1688px
What the fuck did I just watch?
>>
I'm not sure, i don't know what movie that is
>>
Babbys first ambitious movie
Its good though
>>
>>81437899
Absolute kino
>>81437951
Stalker
>>
>>81437975
>>81437976
But I didn't get it. What were the room and the zone metaphors for?
>>
http://kinostalker.com/?lang=en
>>
wtf was Russian Woody Harrelson's problem?
>>
>>81438037
they're not metaphors dude, watch the movie
>>81438039
TV show so kino it got sucked into an anomaly before it was even able to broadcast
>>
>>81438037
capitalism
>>
blowout soon fellow stalker
>>
>>81438037
Dude it's like uhh a metaphor for like, an allegory of the satire and deconstruction of the sci-fi genre.

It's not that type of movie. It all makes sense and is self-contained.
>>
>>81438037
I strongly urge you to read Roadside Picnic. It's a short read and really fantastic.

That said, the film is more of a Tarkovsky film than a straightforward adaptation.
>>
File: 1437106072662.jpg (42KB, 398x600px) Image search: [Google]
1437106072662.jpg
42KB, 398x600px
How does he keep getting away with it?
>>
>>81438037
>>81438256
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBQOaQOpkx8
>>
obviously there are multiple plots:
1) the plain story, which itself is interesting: would you go into the room? of course fucking no
2) how 3 different types of people approach life: we have the artist (the writer), the scientis and the religious man (the stalker); how they approach life is represented on how they interact and in what they say
3) the point is in the journy

It's also quite arthouse, but still has a clear plot
>>
>>81440176
Not that autist again. He is such a pleb at anything artistic
>>81438037
Listen to the fucking dialogues man. It's not a big metaphor. The room represents the fulfillment of the deepest wishes of people and the characters discuss just how harmful this fulfillment is.
The zone is the enemy of the social realism of the 20th century communism enforced atheism. Despite not believing in God people still hope for God's intervention and abnormality to save them. Read Master and Margarita.
>>
>>81437899
Tarkovsky is fucking terrible, you can easily identify """cinephile"""" redditors by their opinion of him.

Stalker is basically art house capeshit
>>
>dude
>man
>>
>>81440519
>art house capeshit
That would be BvS
>>
boringkino
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.