[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMERICA BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: 334634346.jpg (84KB, 471x674px) Image search: [Google]
334634346.jpg
84KB, 471x674px
AMERICA BTFO
>>
Akira here we come
>>
>this movie was made for racist white people
>makes the most money in non-white markets
really gets the noggin joggin

Also wasn't power rangers the diverse lgbt friendly super flick an even bigger flop?
>>
the japs love it for some reason
>>
>>81437120
No it was basically the same shit as the show but they tried to Nolan it up. The only thing that changed was the black guy was the blue ranger and was a nerd and the asian girl wasnt the yellow ranger. Same cast diversity. I dont remember gay shit in it.
>>
Still won't break even. The studios recover a significantly lower portion of the film's revenue in foreign markets. Hopefully Hollywood will leave Akira alone from here on out.
>>
>>81437145
Have you seen some of the anime adaptations those nip fucks make? Fucking garbage and they love them, sad!
>>
It still hasn't made it's money back. It's a flop.
>>
>>81437145
it hasn't even released in japan, from what I can see it made 5 million in SK and 4.3 million in russia
>>
>>81437120
>made its budget back and then some
>Krispy Meme paid for part of the budget as well
>flop
Get ready for 6 more PR flicks
>>
>>81437219
It's only been out from between a week and a few days.
>>
File: 245235.jpg (68KB, 394x583px) Image search: [Google]
245235.jpg
68KB, 394x583px
>>
>>81437145
It's almost like only white SJWs care about whitewashing, and the Japanese just like to see the IP's they identify with culturally get shared with the world, and would totally fuck SJ just like the rest of us.
>>
>>81436951
has it even opened in japan and china?
it will probably make some money eventually
>>
>>81437219

it will eventually. if you count bluray sales and streaming
>>
>>81437279
>GITS has been out for not even two weeks and has made more

Top kek
>>
>>81437208
>Hopefully Hollywood will leave Akira alone from here on out.
they literally can't. not after all the money already sunk into development. they'll reduce the budget even more now thougfh to play it safer, and let's remember that the budget was already as low as $60 million when jaume collet-sera was attached to direct.
>>
>>81437120
>america
>white
>>
>>81437294
>Almost like it

American millennials are autistic as fucking shit and care more about statistics than experiences. I'd like to ask a Japanese person what the appeal of this movie is to them because clearly they like it. Americans just like to have something to whine about. None of those people gave a shit about the source material until they found out some honky was going to play the main character.
>>
>>81437234
it came out in japan on friday, same as china
>>
>>81437406
they probably haven't even updated the boxmojo with it then
Get ready for the rise of animekino
>>
>>81437395
77.1% as of 2015.
>>
File: 7.png (198KB, 773x453px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
198KB, 773x453px
>>
>>81437253
Budget: 100 million
Box office: 117 million

Doesn't matter how much money Krispy Kreme pulled out of their ass, this is still a massive flop
>>
>>81436951
>It will be a flop they say
>It sucks they say
Why is /tv/ ALWAYS fucking wrong? Is it karma?
>>
>>81437120
Americans were the only ones who got assmad over the casting really.
>>
>>81437396
I used "almost like" sarcastically, it's absolutely what I believe.
That being said I'd make a distinction between sSJWs and millennials, I'm a millennial at 21, and it's buzzword level reasoning to equate that to SJW.
>>
>>81437468
>Made 14 million worldwide
>Not a flop
And thats assuming the budget include marketing
>>
>>81436951
>>81437279

It's interesting how the domestic and foreign numbers are basically switched around
>>
>>81437468
It had no business being good based on the track record of anime to live action film, nobody expected it to be a global success. The whitewashing smear campaign didn't help at all. /tv/ was just reacting to that I think
"Hey, looking forward to the new GiTS?"
"lol is that that whitewashing film anon?"
"..."
>>
File: 1436911933144.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1436911933144.png
293KB, 633x758px
Saw it yesterday. Was physically upset at how badly they butchered it. Fuck Hollywood so fucking hard.

I'm gonna lose my shit if they do the same to Akira.
>>
>>81437650

akira story from the movie is shit
>>
>>81437279
I'm surprised it even made that much.
What the hell where they thinking when they made that movie ?
>>
>>81436951
>rest of the world can see past retarded "whitewashing" and "behead those that depict anime characters in a different way than Grorious Nippon" debates
>>
>>81437435
Would you call a 77% white, white?
>>
>>81437714

It's not terrible. But Ghost in the Shell was a very good one that was thrown in the trash to support "muh ebul corporations" narrative.

It's not a good sign for Akira.
>>
>>81437216
Many such examples!
>>
China and their shit taste need to be stopped
>>
>>81437468
the budget is 110M, and i dont think that included marketing

it would have to make 250M to be even profitable
>>
>>81436951
I enjoyed the movie, is there any chance of a sequel or even a director's cut?
>>
>>81437929
>Its China with the shit taste
>>81436951
>>81437279
>>
>>81438036
>any chance of a sequel
that'll never happen in a million years. only profitable flicks get sequels. this ain't.

>or even a director's cut
some sort of extended cut will definitely happen to squeeze a couple more home video sales out of it and limit losses
>>
>>81437929
It's made most of its foreign money in Europe
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=ghostintheshell2017.htm
The numbers for Japan and china aren't out yet
>>
all honesty lads, how was it?
>>
>>81438001
You are correct.

>Paramount/DreamWorks’ Ghost In The Shell filed third with $1.15M at 3,440, ending its week with $24.2M. Mid-week business didn’t help this $250M production (that’s including P&A)

http://deadline.com/2017/04/smurfs-the-lost-village-going-in-style-boss-baby-beauty-and-the-beast-box-office-1202064314/
>>
>>81438229
>The numbers for Japan and china aren't out yet
Internationally the film brought in an estimated $41.3 million, which includes a $21.4 million ($2.5m from 389 IMAX locations) opening in China as its overseas total climbs to $92.8 million for a global cume just shy of $125 million.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4282&p=.htm
>>
>>81436975
Still not enough.
>>
>>81437145
>japs have shit taste
Once again, nothing changes.
>>
They put a generic, evil bad guy in a suit in the film, says it all. And sure was a good idea to replace the character of the Puppet Master with a Kuze, I mean, it's not like I wanted to have me notion of what a sentient life form is questioned or anything.
>>
>>81438986
>I want reddit "deep" themes in my hollywood flick for normal well adjusted people

Rick and Morty should be more up your speed
>>
>>81438566
It's got four days until Fate of the Furious hits China. This isn't going to save it.

>Production budget $110 million
>Let's assume a conservative $40 million in marketing costs as they never make those numbers public
>50-60% return from American cinemas
>10-30% return from overseas cinemas once distributors take their cut
>Let's be generous and say that averages out to 50% of the gross in net
>$62,186,725 vs budget+marketing costs of $150 million

It's dead, Jim. They'll lose at least $40 million on this when the dust has settled.
>>
>>81437396
>None of those people gave a shit about the source material until they found out some honky was going to play the main character

this is pretty much 100% accurate

wait until they start casting for Dune. Normies don't give a shit about it right now but as soon as they find out its a white guy leading a bunch of middle easterners they're gonna act like its a personal attack on their entire childhood
>>
>>81438379
The first half is a pretty good movie, the visuals are top notch, including props, costumes and sets, and special effects. Section 9 especially Batou and Aramaki are well done, but you don't see much of the others apart from them two. Togusa has two scenes where he's pretty based. There are some scenes which seem to be lower quality and they only become more present until the second half, which is mostly bland apart from a few scenes matching the quality of the first half, (The boat scene and a scene where hitmen attempt to kill Aramaki, Batou, and Togusa off duty). The great art design from the first half seems to vanish, and the pacing goes down to a dull level until the second half abruptly ends with an incredibly rushed climax, which almost seems to be going in fast forward. The antagonist of the first half is also far more compelling than the main antagonist in the second half.

They also seem to have forgotten to put the soundtrack in. Which is weird because if you watch the youtube clip of the shelling sequence the soundtrack is there, but its missing/replaced with basic dull notes in the actual film.

It isn't a remake of the 95 film, but it borrows scenes from it, but also takes inspiration from the series as well. And these scenes, (other than the climax) are well done recreations.

I liked it. It was better than a lot of recent big budget films (especially recent capeshit, which I don't actually dislike either), there were a lot more character moments than you might expect, especially with Batou. Though again that Weta did do a great job on the art direction, props and visuals in the first half, it is definitely the highlight of the film.
>>
>>81439096
>Rick and Morty should be more up your speed

If only there was an anime film that had deep themes of humanism and individualisation based in a world with a cyborg populace that I could just watch, hmmm, if only
>>
>>81439096
If you don't want Ghost in the Shell, then you shouldn't adapt Ghost in the Shell.
>>
>it's a China saved animekino episode again
>>
>>81439397
>(The boat scene and a scene where hitmen attempt to kill Aramaki, Batou, and Togusa off duty).

lol that part was so ridiculous, I like Aramaki but no way should he be able to fend of a fucking cyborg hitsquad who got the drop on him singlehandedly.

>The great art design from the first half seems to vanish,

It's just generic blade runner aesthetics, I was fucking distracted by the boat scene part because there was a giant hologram of some dude running on the spot between two skycrapers, just a load of random tech shit.

>The antagonist of the first half is also far more compelling than the main antagonist in the second half.

They are both fucking trash antagonists, one is Baddy McBad Guy and the other is 'muh revenge', that is quite a step down from 'I am a sentient life form born on then et, everything you believe about humanity is now BTFO' isn't it?

It's about as generic a sci-fi movie as it gets which is meh most times, for such an amazing source material it's fucking retarded.

They gave the Major a fucking canon backstory, so she's several magnitudes less interesting then the movie one, because we can't empathise with her struggle to know that she's human...because we know she 100% is and was.

Film misses the mark by miles.
>>
>>81438379
Generic plot, awesome visuals. Great cinematography. It's nice to see a colorful cyberpunk movie for once without that dreaded blue/grey filter. Batou is the best boy and best character.

Overall 6.5/10 I guess.
>>
>>81440154
>Batou is the best boy and best character.

He's completely forgettable.
>>
Uh, when is the last time a big budget cyberpunk movie is profitable anyway?
>>
>>81437186
It was in the news a while ago.
>>
File: enough.jpg (30KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
30KB, 316x202px
>>81437929
>china has single handedly allowed Transformers movies to continue to be made
>>
>>81437450
what a hit!
>>
>>81436975
I remember the good old days when DiCaprio was talking about Akira.
Glad it didn't happen though.
>>
>>81440136
I was saying my thoughts on it as a thing of its own. Not comparing it to the 95 movie.

Everyone already knows it isn't the 95 movie, and isn't as good as either it or Stand Alone Complex. It was at most in comparison to other recent big budget movies.

And I compared Kuze to CEO man, which he was far more interesting than.

>Generic bladerunner aesthetics.
I didn't comment on their originality, I commented on how well done they were. And the props, costumes and sets looked far more like their source material than Blade Runner, which isn't dissimilar to Blade Runner anyway. Nor would I term generic, this film's or Blade Runner's.

Weta did do a really good job on the costumes, props and sets and should be commended for it.
>>
>>81436951
Thank God
>>
>>81440225
He's far more memorable than in the 95 movie, where he's just 'that guy with the weird eyes'.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.