[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CGI Tarkin VS CGI Arnold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: terminator-genisys-arnold-fx-pic.jpg (168KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
terminator-genisys-arnold-fx-pic.jpg
168KB, 1080x720px
So everyone is talking about how shit Wilhuff Tarkin looks like. How about CGI Tarkin VS CGI Terminator. I think the CGI Terminator - which was BEFORE CGI Tarkin- looks actually WAY better and way more convincing. Am I right?
>>
>>81434589
CGI Terminator looked like shit when it was next to real people.

CGI Tarkin was in this weird uncanny valley where it looked like a human but they tried too much and it looked more 'detailed' than real humans in a weird way which made it unhuman.
>>
what film is cgi tarkin from
>>
>>81434589
open a thread without pics and videos
just
>>
>>81434971

Rouge One.
>>
Tarkin should've stayed facing the view, with his face only visible in the reflection. Also, he was way too greedy compared to New Hope.
>>
they spent all this time and money bringing peter cushing back from the grave but they couldn't think of anything better for him to say other than "you may fire when ready"
>>
>>81434589
>I think the CGI Terminator - which was BEFORE CGI Tarkin- looks actually WAY better and way more convincing
Actually maybe I'm just forgot but I don't remember it being jarring like Tarkin was.

I think part of it was the the Terminator is supposed to be robotic, so they could get away with zero facial expression.

Tarkin falls apart because it's a bunch of closeups while he speaks.

I don't know why the brain is so good at registering this kind of fakeness (without even being able to describe what looks fake about it) especially since we're generally so easy to fooled by visual tricks IRL.
>>
File: real vs cgi.jpg (62KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
real vs cgi.jpg
62KB, 940x627px
>>81434971
>>81435013
For reference
>>
>>81434995

Well sorry 4chan is coded like arse and you can only upload one picture.
>>
>>81434995

https://youtu.be/DKlbaU_uWpI
>>
>>81435085
looks like shit indeed,, looks like straight out of a videogame
>>
>>81435088

At a time, yes, but you just make more posts and post more images. It is is rocket science.
>>
>>81435058
>they couldn't think of anything better for him to say

"We need a statement, not a manifesto." is pretty spot on Tarkin. The rest is bad though.
>>
>>81435085
why does his cgi self look much older?
especially the area around the mouth
>>
>>81435219
well he wouldve looked that old if he was still alive
>>
>>81435219
That is a good question.
>>
>>81435156

WTF are you even doing here if you are unaware of CGI Tarkin? Have you been living under a rock? There already have been millions of threads about him BUT they act like they were the first who did it and OH LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE DONE which is just a lie. I think the first time I saw it - and maybe the first time it was done?? Was Tron 2.0 or whatever the fuck its called. That looked shit but its an "old" movie nowadays. I never see anyone talking about CGI Arnie from Terminator Genesis. The fighting scene looks really clumsy and odd BUT when he is just standing there, talking to the punkers and turning around it looks amazing and great. Also helps a lot that he is in the fucking shadows and not bright as fuck like Tarkin. Don't know why the fuck they had to just do a close up of his face instead of just showing him and his body which would have convinced people way more. It's like HERE LOOK AT OUR GREAT TECHNOLOGY right in your fucking face.
>>
>>81434589
CGI Arnold was shit because no flopping dick
>>
>>81434589

When I saw Tarkin something weird happened, it's like I couldn't focus on him. I think it's because he was only just a little bit less than fully realistic, my brain wanted to see a person there but couldn't quite do it, so it ended up assuming he was just a little out of focus or something. My eyes literally started to hurt in his longer scenes, it was bizarre.
>>
>>81435219
Different lighting
>>
>>81435313
calm down
>>
File: 1490916685260.png (2MB, 1920x808px) Image search: [Google]
1490916685260.png
2MB, 1920x808px
>>81434589
It looked aight
>>
>>81435085
Man, this is truly uncanny valley. I can't even tell what's wrong with the CGI one but it bothers me to no end.
>>
>>81435219
because like 40 years passed since star wars 1, duh
>>
>>81434589
Tarkin looked okay to bad in the theaters, but on the tv's on display at my work he's dogshit.

Never had a problem with CGI Arnold.
>>
>>81435268
>>81436139

Isn't Rogue One like 20 minutes before Star Wars? If anything he should look 20 minutes younger, not 40 years older
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.